Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Catsmile

#BringBackRedacted
#RedactedNotRedShirt

Mastodonkey

#Whogivesa$#@!aboutanonamecohost

morgana213

Quote from: Art Bell on July 20, 2015, 02:13:13 AM
Ok, we learned a lot tonight, people do not want me to have a co-host, not Redacted's fault at all just people who don't like change. She really sounded awesome.

We also learned that massive Thunderstorms screw with Internet over the 9000 foot Mountain it comes over, sad thing is it might happen again tonight. Looking at options that might include a t1. Otherwise it was a blast. We will work out the kinks.

It was a test show.

Art

Thank you Art! It was FUN!!! 

HappyMeal

I just have to say that I think redacted did a great job. Everyone should remember this wasn't his first show it was a test. I'm looking forward to hearing more from her. A lot of the people commenting to art probably don't listen to gabcast and aren't familiar with her yet. I'm not very active here I usually lurk, because I'm too lazy too sign in, but I listen to the gabcast podcasts just to keep up to date. The amount of show knowledge and history she displayed tonight should show everyone her value but some people aren't willing to put in the time or give someone a chance - Big mistake if you ask me. Keep in mind art won't do the show forever. And then what, we all go back to complaining about noory. Who will we listen to then? I'd rather watch art prime someone he respects. Someone who can take over on nights he's not up to it so we don't have to listen to reruns. Whatever I'm going to stop editing this now

Mastodonkey

Did Art ever mention Redacted was even being considered as a mainstay co-host? I figured from the beginning it was just an experiment or a bit of fun on the test show.. that being said. That is the least of the worries.  Hope the Graham interview goes well tonight.

Spinner

Ok, we learned a lot tonight, people do not want me to have a co-host, not Redacted's fault at all just people who don't like change. She really sounded awesome.

We also learned that massive Thunderstorms screw with Internet over the 9000 foot Mountain it comes over, sad thing is it might happen again tonight. Looking at options that might include a t1. Otherwise it was a blast. We will work out the kinks.

It was a test show.

Art

I'm sure we all had a blast too, Art. Just listening to you again has made us all very happy. The sound quality was simply awesome! The test served its purpose, and very soon everything will work just fine.

It was a test show.

Art

I think Redacted is great for open lines. Only thing I felt was off was the pacing, you'd stop and defer to her for comment rather than her piping up for herself. She needs some practice and maybe to be a little less self conscious.

Jackstar

Quote from: Mastodonkey on July 20, 2015, 02:33:24 AM
Did Art ever mention Redacted was even being considered as a mainstay co-host?

There has never been any official discussion of (Redacted) being a mainstay co-host. In fact, Art posted bluntly, "(Redacted) will not be a co-host."

So of course there are dozens of hundreds of messages about how she shouldn't be a co-host. I hope these people all get ass cancer in their taints, and I hope it hurts.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Jackstar on July 20, 2015, 02:44:26 AM

There has never been any official discussion of (Redacted) being a mainstay co-host. In fact, Art posted bluntly, "(Redacted) will not be a co-host."

So of course there are dozens of hundreds of messages about how she shouldn't be a co-host. I hope these people all get ass cancer in their taints, and I hope it hurts.

Fucking right Jack. Give her a chance.

Morgus

Quote from: Mastodonkey on July 20, 2015, 01:25:19 AM
I can't help but think maybe multiple test shows should have been done before this. I mean one night before your first show? Hopefully it was just the storms or something fixable or doesn't happen again. Really hope tonight goes smooth.
Yeah a week or two of test shows before guests would be better.
In one way they were lucky the weather conditions showed up on the first test.

Big thank you to david cummings who has a podcast The No sleep Podcast which at times has been ranked in the I tunes top 100. His show has a big following. Please check it out.

http://www.thenosleeppodcast.com/?p=2165

Morgus

Quote from: Mastodonkey on July 20, 2015, 02:33:24 AM
Did Art ever mention Redacted was even being considered as a mainstay co-host?
Art only posted weeks ago that she might be on only for some open lines nights, he said no co-host with an interview with a guest.

tularosa

is the test show archived anywhere?  I was not able to listen live.

Thanks

chefist

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 20, 2015, 03:02:32 AM
I am just happy Art is back.
I support you 100% You were great, RED! I hope to hear you often!

gdwarner

That was fun ...!

I had a bit of trouble at the beginning, so I missed the opening signature tune -- and I had someone ask to call me about half an hour before the show started. I was tempted to tell her that I'd have to go at 9:00, but didn't. Good thing I recorded it!

Looking forward to tomorrow's show -- and, of course, "The Other Side of Midnight" as well!

Jackstar

Taylor Swift should write a song about this.

Spinner

Me too. And I'm also happy you are back.  :)
This is for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kldHXD2z4jA 

Love you, sweetie. :)

morgana213

Quote from: chefist on July 20, 2015, 03:04:47 AM
I support you 100% You were great, RED! I hope to hear you often!

Me too!

Sabu2K

You're great on gab cast and the interview with art was stellar, i just like art one on one with guests and open lines. Nothing personal.

WOTR

Damn, stupid, elusive sleep...

I figure that so much of the "redacted issue" is due to people either thinking that she would be a nightly feature, or the fact that she was introduced on the first night back.  People really wanted to put themselves back in 1990, and that did not make it possible.

I hope that Art can reintroduce her at some point as an occasional feature.  Wait a month for people to get settled and remember that it really is just radio.  Then do not make it sound like it is a full time co-host.  Then ignore the couple of people who think that screaming at the top of their lungs that they are butthurt will make a difference (and then ignore those who scream that using the term butt hurt makes you a horrid person.)

With that said, I still trust Arts judgement of what makes for good radio.  I hope that if he does not have Redacted return that it is because he thinks the show is better with just him than because a few social media warriors think that they are the best qualified to judge what makes for good radio...

Zenman

It was a test show.

Art

Very enjoyable test show, Art, even with all the tech glitches. The paranormal news at the bottom of the hour is brilliant. We can already tell the show's going to be superb, to say the least.

Redacted was fantastic. She's perfect for the Open Lines format.

SaucyRossy

It was a test show.

Art

She did sound amazing. She also asked some great questions to callers that would've been missed otherwise. The caller in Thailand she asked about if he had ever had an audience with Dalai Lama, which lead to his amazing story. And the caller in New York who told about his baptism she had some great stuff on that.

It's very easy for fake accounts and spam accounts to harp on one thing and do everything they can to cause disruption and chaos. Not saying every person who didn't like you having a co-host was a fake person, but there's a chance some were which influences other opinions of people who are on the fence. Humans are simple and hive minded after all.

So, that said, I would love to hear her on with you for an open lines show once the kinks have been worked out. We all have to remember, NONE of the fans of Art Bell knew that they WANTED a show like Art's until it was given to them. Had Art listened to his bosses at the time, we wouldn't be where we are. Close minded people HATE change.

The above are my opinions, and I felt I had to get them out there because too often I stay quiet on things that go on around here.

Other than all of that. A t1 connection would be ideal and rock solid. The show sounded amazing, the tunein app sounded great, the bumper music was rocking, the show seemed to FLY by. I LOVED all of the  commercials, they all were quirky and fun and fit the show perfectly.

So happy you're back Art!

Art Bell

I thought she was great as well, people are strange, let a bit of time pass. I think they just hate change

Art

jazmunda

Art Bell is back?! Why didn't anybody tell me? Is he on KNYE?

Falkie is waiting in the wings..

Heather Wade

Quote from: Art Bell on July 20, 2015, 03:48:45 AM
I thought she was great as well, people are strange, let a bit of time pass. I think they just hate change

Art

What an honor beyond measure to be on the air with you, Art.  I do not want to be the source of problems... if removing me from the equation calms the waters, then so be it.  It's cool. This is a night I will never forget. Aside from internet connection problems, that was the most fun I have ever had.  Thank you for being so generous as to let me take a ride with you.