• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Leo Ashcraft - Dark Matter News - A Long Side Knight

Started by Waco Kid, August 22, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

paladin1991

Quote from: norland2424 on October 30, 2015, 12:02:54 AM
funny thing is leo has been gone for a few days it seems.

J Neil Schulman
October 27 at 6:34pm · Pahrump, NV ·

OK, Panic Time for J Neil Schulman! The inestimable Leo Ashcraft has told me I'm on my own tonight in hosting Alongside Night Radio! Will there be dead air? Can I navigate mandatory breaks for our new broadcast affiliates? Do I actually have enough in my noggin to talk about for three hours?

Tune in tonight to find out whether the trolls BellGabberz have had my number all along!

Fixed

Highlight so far: Leo refusing to even try pronouncing Hajj. Deferred to the other guy, who didn't know either. He then followed that up with New Del-Hi, although he corrected himself.

zmbabwe

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on October 30, 2015, 10:00:30 PM
Highlight so far: Leo refusing to even try pronouncing Hajj. Deferred to the other guy, who didn't know either. He then followed that up with New Del-Hi, although he corrected himself.
Where are you listening to the show? 

Quote from: zmbabwe on October 30, 2015, 10:04:20 PM
Where are you listening to the show?

That was earlier in the week. I listened on itunes because that's the only thing that would work.

I heard enough to last me a few weeks.

Faustina

Quote from: popple on October 29, 2015, 11:59:14 PM
This is where he shuts down the show for health reasons.

A good way to back out whilst saving a smidgeon of face.

Faustina

Leo's co-host posted this on the show's FB page today:

J Neil Schulman
5 hrs · Pahrump, NV
"I have no update from Leo Ashcraft or his wife so in the absence of anyone to run the show I'm cancelling tonight's Alongside Night Radio show. Hope to be back with a recovered Leo soon!"

Faustina

A tad unprofessional, to leave his co-host with not even a word as to what he should do about tonight's show.  I hope Leo's not so ill he can't even speak.

zmbabwe

Tonight was supposed to be the last of the test shows.  The official premiere was set for Monday.

Quote from: Faustina on October 30, 2015, 10:49:22 PM
Leo's co-host posted this on the show's FB page today:

J Neil Schulman
5 hrs · Pahrump, NV
"I have no update from Leo Ashcraft or his wife so in the absence of anyone to run the show I'm cancelling tonight's Alongside Night Radio show. Hope to be back with a recovered Leo soon!"

Awww, his listener will be devastated.

Faustina

Alongside Night is over,  per Leo, but he has a new show called Dark Thirty Radio starting tomorrow but someone named Jeremy Scott will be its host.

paladin1991

Quote from: Faustina on November 02, 2015, 01:46:28 AM
Alongside Night is over,  per Leo, but he has a new show called Dark Thirty Radio starting tomorrow but someone named Jeremy Scott will be its host.

Well, no shit. 

Guess we'll have another two weeks of beta male testing of his show.  Wonder if the same legions of ppl who didn't listen, will continue to not listen.

zmbabwe

Leo posted this explanation on twitter.  I wonder who the freeloader is...
"I was carrying the entire thing - monetarily - labor, etc - After a few days in the hospital I return to this dude saying I didnt bring anything to the show since I have cancelled it completly.  It seems I brought everything to the show.  I certainly don't need a demanding free loader  the day I return from the hospital.  Unfortunately due to doctor's orders I will not be able to return to the air five nights per week.  Jeremy Scott does a super job on his own and can carry the show himself."

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: zmbabwe on November 02, 2015, 02:26:13 AM
"I was carrying the entire thing - monetarily - labor, etc - After a few days in the hospital I return to this dude saying I didnt bring anything to the show since I have cancelled it completly.  It seems I brought everything to the show.  I certainly don't need a demanding free loader  the day I return from the hospital.  Unfortunately due to doctor's orders I will not be able to return to the air five nights per week.  Jeremy Scott does a super job on his own and can carry the show himself."

DynamoHum

I was waiting for more drama. I was hoping for at least a couple of weeks more. He definitely has premature dramafication syndrome :(

jneilschulman

Wow.

SredniVashtar

I am deeply saddened by this turn of events. The world of broadcasting sorely needed a show that was a multi-layered goat fuck, presided over by a pair of drooling morons.

norland2424

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 02, 2015, 04:43:38 AM
I am deeply saddened by this turn of events. The world of broadcasting sorely needed a show that was a multi-layered goat fuck, presided over by a pair of drooling morons.

now it has this redneck at the helm...

https://twitter.com/darkthirtyradio/status/660158133629677568

wr250

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 02, 2015, 04:43:38 AM
we have c2c for that.

whoozit

It's good to know that Leo is a well adjusted, mature individual that doesn't throw others under the bus.  I think I'll take him up on his offer to start a restaurant that serves dishes featuring skunk meat.  It's not like Leo will knife me in the back if our venture fails.

cweb

I'm just waiting to see what his third show will be called after this one inevitably collapses.

whoozit

Did anyone find out why Leo was in the asylum ...erm... hospital?  I do hope it wasn't serious so his crazy antics can continue to entertain us for a long time; or until we get bored.

DynamoHum

Quote from: whoozit on November 02, 2015, 07:40:40 AM
Did anyone find out why Leo was in the asylum ...erm... hospital?  I do hope it wasn't serious so his crazy antics can continue to entertain us for a long time; or until we get bored.

I think it was a useful vehicle with which to have a decent excuse not to run his show. I never got to hear it, but from all reports it sounded pretty dire. Maybe lucid thought popped in for a second, he realised he was in fact shite at long form radio after all and needed a decent get out. He could then drop his broadcasting partner in it when he didn't show for however many days, blame it on said partner, throw his toys from the pram once again and slink quietly back into obscurity.

All conjecture of course.

chefist

I for one admired Leo and Shulman for their tireless efforts to make the show a success!

AppealPlay

Oh, Leo, you truly are a nut.