• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

"Mountain Monsters", my new favorite show

Started by zeebo, December 30, 2014, 03:52:16 AM

zeebo

Ok so I'm a little late to the party, but having caught a few of these recently, I can't stop watching it.  This show is so idiotic that I just can't help myself.

I'm all for a little crypto-creature huntin', but these backwoods geniuses going out looking for the Wampus Beast, the Snallygaster, and my fave Sheepsquatch are friggin hilarious.  They're somehow always encountering exactly the beast they're looking for, but despite waving their guns around, driving around in their golf cart hootin' and hollerin', and laying all these brilliant traps, those wily beasts always just manage to elude them and escape leaving nothing but a few blurry infrared night-vision images as proof. 

I'm gonna get myself a bottle of the closest thing to moonshine I can find and watch the whole friggin season next time there's a marathon.  I gotta believe that, like their visionary team leader "Trapper" says, "We're gonna get that son of a bitch this time!" 

Grov505th

Holy Shit I watched this for the first time a day or two ago..I think it was the Bloodless Howler of Harrison County,  well I grew up in Harrison County and never heard of this.
But you are right, I kept waiting for one of the yahoos to shoot one themselves.

Quote from: zeebo on December 30, 2014, 03:52:16 AM
Ok so I'm a little late to the party, but having caught a few of these recently, I can't stop watching it.  This show is so idiotic that I just can't help myself.

I'm all for a little crypto-creature huntin', but these backwoods geniuses going out looking for the Wampus Beast, the Snallygaster, and my fave Sheepsquatch are friggin hilarious.  They're somehow always encountering exactly the beast they're looking for, but despite waving their guns around, driving around in their golf cart hootin' and hollerin', and laying all these brilliant traps, those wily beasts always just manage to elude them and escape leaving nothing but a few blurry infrared night-vision images as proof. 

I'm gonna get myself a bottle of the closest thing to moonshine I can find and watch the whole friggin season next time there's a marathon.  I gotta believe that, like their visionary team leader "Trapper" says, "We're gonna get that son of a bitch this time!"

VtaGeezer

Y'all are way late catching those hillbilly investigators:

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 22, 2014, 07:29:31 PMNot precisely Sci-Fi, but I watched a couple episodes of "Mountain Monsters"; a group of reality TV hillbillies searching for Bigfoot, Yahoos, Mothman and local mystery whatevers around Appalachia, and it was entertaining as hell.  The guys are a hoot and when 6'6" Huckleberry took off his boot to put his nekkid foot in a bigfoot track; exposing a big ugly yellow toenail worthy of Ripley's, it gave a reality TV a new dimension.  I can't stand the geeks on other bigfoot/alien hunter shows on cable, but the MM crew of yokels is a kick; a cross between the 3 Stooges and In Search Of. Though they probably have MBAs.

Daggit

Seems like they'll make a reality show out of anything these days. There may be some hope for some of the tired old C2C alum yet.

cweb

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 30, 2014, 10:16:50 AM
Y'all are way late catching those hillbilly investigators:

What a fine looking group of gentlemen.

I can't help but think a line would be "It ain't jest a gun fer shootin', it's also a scratchin' stick!"

Daggit

Quote from: cweb on December 30, 2014, 11:23:42 AM
What a fine looking group of gentlemen.

I can't help but think a line would be "It ain't jest a gun fer shootin', it's also a scratchin' stick!"

Are you implying that it's not? Sometimes them itches get a ways up there if ya catch ma drift.

cweb

Quote from: Daggit on December 30, 2014, 11:26:18 AM
Are you implying that it's not? Sometimes them itches get a ways up there if ya catch ma drift.
Sometimes when ya get an itch, you gotta kills it good-like.

zeebo

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 30, 2014, 10:16:50 AM
Y'all are way late catching those hillbilly investigators ...

Yep I'm behind, gotta alotta learnin' to do about their savvy creature-huntin methods.  Feel like I done slept in while the genius crew been out trackin n' trappin all night. 

But I'm a-gonna get caught up.  After seeing that damned "Grass-Man" knock out Buck, the Rookie I feel like Trapper, who said "This time, it's personal!"

Heather Wade

I'll look for this for a good laugh, thanks zeebs.  So, these guys go out hunting snipe... for serious n sheet?  What could possibly go wrong?   ;D

Gd5150

It's an ok show once or twice. Then it becomes the falkie thread.

zeebo

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 30, 2014, 05:06:14 PM
I'll look for this for a good laugh, thanks zeebs.  So, these guys go out hunting snipe... for serious n sheet?  What could possibly go wrong?   ;D

R, when you see what pros these guys are, with their brilliant plans and stealthy techniques, you'll know they're just the right crew to track those wily critters like "The Yahoo" and "Hogzilla".

zeebo

The Yahoo and the Cherokee Devil are back this season, people ... but watch out, this time, they're Bigfoots!

b_dubb

Quote from: popple on May 16, 2015, 12:13:47 AM
I WANT TO BEERLIEVE  ;D
fixed for akkerissy and belly laughs.  now where's my Milwaukee's Best at.  It was ratcheeeer next to my .45 and my clection uh skin mags

zeebo

Quote from: b_dubb on May 16, 2015, 11:51:54 AM
fixed for akkerissy and belly laughs.  now where's my Milwaukee's Best at.  It was ratcheeeer next to my .45 and my clection uh skin mags

Agreed, a fine medium-grade lager in copious quantities is an excellent accompaniment to this rich and multi-textured ensemble.

albrecht

Quote from: popple on May 16, 2015, 09:30:39 PM

wtf just happened there? That is the exact opposite of what happens if you sniff up your nose (coke, smelling salts, snuff, etc.) Not that I have ever tried any of those wonderful inventions....did the bigfeet start a sorta IED campaign and switch out crystal meth with something even worse to keep their liar hidden from these guys? I would reckon bigfeet don't like the chemicals etc from the labs (maybe fumes interrupt portals) or just keep rednecks up all night and so disrupt their feeding patterns.

popple

They were tracking the mothman and he put some kinda spell on him with his eyes. Made him pass out.

As much as I'm into radio shows like Art's, it just doesn't translate well to reality TV.  There's always some guy saying something like "what's that noise," followed by the camera darting around to see what it is, but rarely, if ever, actually catching any entities on camera.  Who would have thought creatures from the great beyond were so camera shy.  Stage fright, maybe?

pate

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 30, 2014, 05:06:14 PM

Why anyone would hunt the common snipe, I wonder...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_snipe

Such a thing was not present in any woods I hunted, and look the object was to catch not destroy... bwahahah

Normal-Foot

I'm late to this party too, and caught up on the seasons over the last few months on YouTube.

Wow ... I think at first they really tried to come off as "legit."  I've even heard a few podcast interviews with Trapper from the first two years where he really comes across as no-nonsense. I mean, you couldn't get the feeling that he was winking to the audience, he really was trying to sell it as actual encounters.

But man!! This last season you can tell they just sort of said "screw-it!!" I mean ... Bigfoot families protecting their burial ground, Bigfoot possessing the casts' minds and making one of them strip naked and running insane into the woods, Bigfoot holding hands with Indian-girl spirits ...

In other words, I really really enjoy it!

I think of it as being just like Professional Wrestling ---- it's entertainment, a show, a spectacle. The guys on the show know it, the audience watching knows it, but ... nobody really ever brings up the fact that it's not real! Like Pro-Wrestling, there seems to be this unspoken gentleman's agreement that we all know what's going on, we just don't want to spoil the illusion by calling attention to it!

Gawd bless'em, I say.

zeebo

Quote from: Normal-Foot on July 14, 2015, 03:52:56 PM
...But man!! This last season you can tell they just sort of said "screw-it!!" I mean ... Bigfoot families protecting their burial ground, Bigfoot possessing the casts' minds and making one of them strip naked and running insane into the woods, Bigfoot holding hands with Indian-girl spirits ...

Don't forget Bigfoot being in cahoots with that Devil Dog. 

Normal-Foot

Quote from: zeebo on July 14, 2015, 05:26:12 PM
Don't forget Bigfoot being in cahoots with that Devil Dog.

Oh yeah!!  And also, didn't a Bigfoot apparently free the Chubacapra they caught in their trap? Oh man ... laughed my arse off!

zeebo

The AIMS crew this season seems to have eschewed Fire-Dragons & Snallygasters, preferring instead to focus on Bigfoot variants of different counties.  C'mon guys, don't forget the Grassmen & Yahoos.

Taco Bell

Waiting for one of these guys to shoot somebody in the group accidentally.

zeebo

Quote from: Taco Bell on March 07, 2016, 01:35:32 AM
Waiting for one of these guys to shoot somebody in the group accidentally.

I suspect their guns are just fake whiskey-holders.