• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

"Victor"

Started by henge0stone, October 28, 2014, 02:20:29 PM

henge0stone

I just finished hearing the "Victor" show about the alien interview. Gotta admit it was pretty good. Any thoughts on who Victor was? I think it was Whitley personally, even Art whose a huge fan of whitely admitted it sounded like him. 

Daggit

I always suspected that Whitley was Victor. I think the $7 question is did Art know?

DanTSX

Quote from: Daggit on December 15, 2014, 10:19:47 PM
I always suspected that Whitley was Victor. I think the $7 question is did Art know?

Of course he did

Art is still a showman.

Daggit

Quote from: DanTSX on December 15, 2014, 11:12:02 PM

Of course he did

Art is still a showman.

I'll give you that but if true does that make you lose any respect for him?

I naively hope he had no idea.

just69_98

Art could pull it off Noory could never do it

DanTSX

Quote from: Daggit on December 17, 2014, 12:20:00 AM
I'll give you that but if true does that make you lose any respect for him?

I naively hope he had no idea.

We are talking about a guy that interviews people that talk to plants and sell $50 slivers of quartz crystals to keep the bad vibes away, and generally is most well known for keeping people glued to their seats wondering about the great "what-if's" of this world...........

I expect Art to do stuff like that.

Go back and listen to his first show with Evelyn Paglini....The whole damn initial call-in was a set-up and staged.   Art was well-known for having his HAM buddies call in with characters in Coast's early years.  JC is supposedly one of his HAM buddies.

The whole show is entertainment full of crazy fringe shit.  The reason that any rational person listens is because of the possibility that 10% or even less of the material is true.  If 10% or even 2% of the show's material is true, it is truly groundbreaking and earth-shattering information.

I don't think Art's intentions are to deceive anyone.  But he had to keep things lively and entertaining. George can't do any of this.

Lunger

Quote from: DanTSX on December 20, 2014, 11:19:39 PM

We are talking about a guy that interviews people that talk to plants and sell $50 slivers of quartz crystals to keep the bad vibes away, and generally is most well known for keeping people glued to their seats wondering about the great "what-if's" of this world...........

I expect Art to do stuff like that.

Go back and listen to his first show with Evelyn Paglini....The whole damn initial call-in was a set-up and staged.   Art was well-known for having his HAM buddies call in with characters in Coast's early years.  JC is supposedly one of his HAM buddies.

The whole show is entertainment full of crazy fringe shit.  The reason that any rational person listens is because of the possibility that 10% or even less of the material is true.  If 10% or even 2% of the show's material is true, it is truly groundbreaking and earth-shattering information.

I don't think Art's intentions are to deceive anyone.  But he had to keep things lively and entertaining. George can't do any of this.

I've always said that Art goal was to preforming a radio show, like Amos & Andy.  I always felt that to advance the 'Show' was why he'd shill for obvious frauds like Dames, Morton, Scallion, and the rest.....  it was to keep the 'Show' going.

I really want to believe the 'Radio Show' concept, otherwise I would consider Art a gullible fool and 'i don't really want to do that.

On the other hand, there are a lot of damaged people out there willing to believe the stupidest shit available, i.e., the Ferguson protesters.  Propping up and encouraging people like Dames, Morton, and whomever probably does a lot of harm, seen and unseen.

Daggit

Quote from: DanTSX on December 20, 2014, 11:19:39 PM

We are talking about a guy that interviews people that talk to plants

I always liked the talking to plants shows. I always think happy thoughts before I cut down trees to catch them by surprise.

Just listened to this one again and thought of this thread. That is Whitley for sure. The cadence is all his. That stuttering... I like the part where Whitley's name is brought up and he deliberately mispronounces it. You see so much of his ego in it.

Hah talking to plants, good stuff; if plants have consciousness then what are poor vegetarians going to eat?

DanTSX

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 11, 2015, 03:12:50 PM
Hah talking to plants, good stuff; if plants have consciousness then what are poor vegetarians going to eat?

Themselves....

coaster

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on April 08, 2015, 12:18:47 PM
Just listened to this one again and thought of this thread. That is Whitley for sure. The cadence is all his. That stuttering... I like the part where Whitley's name is brought up and he deliberately mispronounces it. You see so much of his ego in it.
Yep. It absolutely was Whitley. When he mispronounced his own name, it gave it all away.

DanTSX

Quote from: coaster on April 12, 2015, 04:49:02 PM
Yep. It absolutely was Whitley. When he mispronounced his own name, it gave it all away.

Sometimes George mispronounces his own name too.  But not on purpose.

Weeber?

HorrorRetro

That was a dead giveaway to me as well. I heard that show again a few weeks ago, and I have no doubt it was him.

Aussie Dave

I thought I was the only Einstein that figured that Whitley had something to do with it. A few years ago I saw a YouTube clip that slowed down the voice and it sounded exactly like Whitley. I would not expect anything less from something dished up by Sean David Morton.

I'm still not convinced that Art knew but come to think about how could he not know.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: HorrorRetro on April 12, 2015, 10:37:26 PM
That was a dead giveaway to me as well. I heard that show again a few weeks ago, and I have no doubt it was him.

The real tell is that "Victor" brings up Whitley on two unprompted occasions to talk about how right Whitley was about different stuff.

Whitley is the one true king of the narcissists.

aldousburbank

They both talk faggy and shit.

twiki

I think this is the video mentioned above. Whitely and Victor have the same cadence in their voice. It's definitely Whitely. I wonder if Art knew or suspected?

http://youtu.be/H1QC3JaB9MU

coaster

Quote from: twiki on April 19, 2015, 06:56:12 PM
I think this is the video mentioned above. Whitely and Victor have the same cadence in their voice. It's definitely Whitely. I wonder if Art knew or suspected?

I am sure Art was in on it. I made that video btw. The voices are nearly identical. He was fooling no one.

Morgus

Whitely and Victor have the same cadence in their voice. It's definitely Whitely. I wonder if Art knew or suspected?
I was listening to one of the Dark Matter shows from 2013 with open lines yesterday on one of the classic Art Bell streams.
A caller asked about "Victor" and Art mentioned that many people thought it sounded like Whitley, but told the caller that he is 100% certain Victor is not Whitley.
I trust Art Bell, he wouldn't lie to us on the air.

Ask Art about it next time he is posting here if you want further verification.

Aussie Dave

Yes that was the video!

Coaster thanks for making it. You rock!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Aussie Dave on April 19, 2015, 10:31:40 PM
Yes that was the video!

Coaster thanks for making it. You rock!

Hmmm.  The "undistorted" voice sounds more like Art than WS. Maybe I'm getting tired or senile.

Poor Anne Strieber, married to a man who was buttf*cked by martians and is a liar to boot.

Lunger

Quote from: Morgus on April 19, 2015, 08:35:18 PM
I was listening to one of the Dark Matter shows from 2013 with open lines yesterday on one of the classic Art Bell streams.
A caller asked about "Victor" and Art mentioned that many people thought it sounded like Whitley, but told the caller that he is 100% certain Victor is not Whitley.
I trust Art Bell, he wouldn't lie to us on the air.

Ask Art about it next time he is posting here if you want further verification.

He did admit here on this forum that he and Ramona made up the story of one of their UFO sightings.  He had to have know that Whitley was Victor.  He was OK with it because 'Victor' grew the brand.

Daggit

Quote from: Lunger on April 20, 2015, 05:21:15 AM
He did admit here on this forum that he and Ramona made up the story of one of their UFO sightings.

WTF? I'm calling bullshit on this statement unless you can provide a link.

cosmic hobo

Never did care for Whitely or Sean David Morton.

It doesn't surprise me that they allegedly did this.

I really hope Art wasn't involved.

cosmic hobo

He did admit here on this forum that he and Ramona made up the story of one of their UFO sightings.  He had to have know that Whitley was Victor.  He was OK with it because 'Victor' grew the brand.

This would make me question the validity of everything I have ever heard on Coast. /sarcasm

Lord Grantham

Was it the daytime 'silver disk' story? That one sounded like it was a high altitude jet reflecting the sun.