• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Gerald Celente

Started by Frys Girl, June 09, 2009, 07:00:16 AM

Frys Girl

I don't know where my previous folder went, but this douchebag was on again last night. He asked George to guess who sat in on the AIG board meetings and George said "Leeet me guess!! Timothy Geitner?" LOL GC goes "NOOOO!" It was a priceless moment.

God bless the guy from new york who called last night and said to Celente "WHAT ARE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS EXACTLY? YOU'RE JUST ARROGANT".

Of course, George stepped in and said "you're not arrogant! You call it like it is! Some people don't like that I guess." Assholes.

exC2Cfan

I hate this guy almost as much as I hate Jerome Corsi. They're two peas in a pod--right wing wackos who represent Clear Channel's lunatic fringe political philosophy. I take a back seat to no one when it comes to cynicism, but this guy Celente is unrelenting. When he starts blabbering about how 100% of politicians are liars and thieves who cares only about themselves 100% of the time, that's just preposterous. Only an idiot says or believes nonsense like that. And of course good old doofus George Noory never challenges him on anything.

Worse yet, Celente's voice and, I'm guessing, New York accent are like fingernails on chalkboard. After a few minutes I had to turn him off. I couldn't stand it.

Frys Girl

Quote from: exC2Cfan on June 09, 2009, 08:14:56 PM
I hate this guy almost as much as I hate Jerome Corsi. They're two peas in a pod--right wing wackos who represent Clear Channel's lunatic fringe political philosophy. I take a back seat to no one when it comes to cynicism, but this guy Celente is unrelenting. When he starts blabbering about how 100% of politicians are liars and thieves who cares only about themselves 100% of the time, that's just preposterous. Only an idiot says or believes nonsense like that. And of course good old doofus George Noory never challenges him on anything.

Worse yet, Celente's voice and, I'm guessing, New York accent are like fingernails on chalkboard. After a few minutes I had to turn him off. I couldn't stand it.
SO GOOD to see you're back!!! New York accents are terrible, but what makes them worse is the arrogance that usually corresponds. I've noticed something about wing nut wackos - they claim to criticize the right by saying "George Bush isn't the right!" OR they say "I'm not with Limbaugh" but really, they are. I think this is just something radio guys say to make themselves seem unique. There are enough Boss Limbaugh impersonators!

Actually, Celente has been pretty spot on with most of his trends forecasts. He predicted the stock market crash in 87, Dot com bubble of 2000, 'Panic of 08,' etc...

Check out the rest here: http://www.trendsresearch.com/forecast.html

I really don't think he's a 'right wing' nutjob. The guy doesn't really care for politics, and does actually call it like he sees it. Granted, sometimes he embellishes a bit too much, but he's a pretty accurate forecaster, IE a straight-shooter.

Noory, on the other hand, is a bumbling clown who couldn't tie his own zipper in a bathroom without pulling a 'Something about Mary' and grinding his rocks in a vice. I can't stand him anymore.

auggie

I don't see Celente as a wing nut . I think he's pretty much right on . I think it's mostly the rest of the media that isn't telling it like it is. People have e-mailed and fast blasted Snoory for scaring them by having this guy on, and good old George caved in and now you don't hear Celente much. Instead we get regular visits from Catherin Austin Fitz.

For seven years, I worked as a general assignment reporter for a large metro daily in New York, and I've interviewed Celente (who lives and works in Red Hook, Dutchess County) a few times for dumbed-down, newspaper versions of 'prediction stories.'

We've actually had discussions about him and his qualifications in the newsroom -- the feeling was that he doesn't have any real qualifications, and his research methods weren't exactly clear, but he was probably more accurate than the so-called "experts" we quoted regularly anyway.

I mean, the average newspaper story on that sort of topic might quote a political science professor, a civic leader, a "man on the street" (or three) and some douche who's made himself available because he's hawking a book.

At least Celente would talk to us regardless of whether he was promoting something, he was always professional and straightforward in interviews, and he was definitely not a right-wing cheerleader. I know he was critical of the Iraq war, critical of Bush, and also quick to criticize any politician of any party affiliation.

And as for New York accents, they come in varying degrees and it can't be helped any more than Southerners can dampen their drawl, or Californians can reign in those long O's.

mikemcc

I have been listening to Celente on C2C for some time with great interest. Based on his predictions, and, of course, the predictions of other financial types who visit C2C, I took nearly all of my retirement funds out of equities and real estate funds in April, 2008 and placed them into TIPS, treasuries, and the money market, and a sizable chunk into gold and silver -- something I had never before done. I estimate that C2C saved me from at least a $200K loss (on paper of course) during the 2008 meltdown that really picked up steam in September, 08. The investments in bonds and the money market didn't make anything, but at least I didn't lose. (Well, bonds lost a little -- about 2%) The investment in metals though -- Wow! That investment alone made over $50K. So, counting what I didn't lose in equities/real estate and what I made in metals, I'm good to the tune of at least $250K.

Of course, if I had told any of my friends or colleagues that I made financial decisions based on C2C, they'd laugh me out of the room. They'd do that even if their portfolios were down by 40% while mine was up. I do know enough to not take everything I hear on C2C as gospel, but when virtually ALL of the financial experts are talking about the same things, and then I go to the morningstar or bogelhead forums and see experts talking about the same kinds of things (though they aren't nearly as alarmist), something begins to click in my head. So, whether Celente is a right wing nut or what, I don't care. He -- and the other financial guests on C2C saved my ass in 2008.

I went to the C2C Streamlink archives to get some dates for Celente; look at this description of the forecast that he gave on January 1, 2008:

"Kicking off the New Year, Ian Punnett hosted Coast to Coast AM's annual prediction show featuring psychics and prognosticators sharing what they see coming in the year 2008. In order of the guests' appearances, here are some of the highlights: Trendcaster Gerald Celente: 2008 will bring an "economic 9-11" in which big financial firms are going to collapse from the top down. As greed and corruption are seeped out, there will be great opportunities for entrepreneurs to move into the failing system. With the rise in food prices and property taxes, people can no longer afford things, and will revolt against the current tax system..."

I mean, call him what you will, but how many people went on MSNBC or Fox Business or just about anywhere else except a few of the financial forums and said ANYTHING like this? Which is exactly why virtually everyone I know except for me saw their retirement portfolios decline by 30% to 40%... If it takes these folks 5 or 6 years to get back to where they were in 2008 -- JUST to get back to where they were -- they'll be very fortunate. I, on the other hand, not only made a little in '08, I have been able to use that money that I would otherwise have lost (on paper) to continue investing. So, even if my friends get back to where they were in 5 years, I'll still be light years ahead of them. And this is almost entirely because of people like Celente and others who go on C2C. 

MV/Liberace!

mike...
i hope by some stroke of good fortune mr. celente comes across your post here.

Falkie2013

Quote from: mikemcc on February 13, 2010, 09:19:49 AM
I have been listening to Celente on C2C for some time with great interest. Based on his predictions, and, of course, the predictions of other financial types who visit C2C, I took nearly all of my retirement funds out of equities and real estate funds in April, 2008 and placed them into TIPS, treasuries, and the money market, and a sizable chunk into gold and silver -- something I had never before done. I estimate that C2C saved me from at least a $200K loss (on paper of course) during the 2008 meltdown that really picked up steam in September, 08. The investments in bonds and the money market didn't make anything, but at least I didn't lose. (Well, bonds lost a little -- about 2%) The investment in metals though -- Wow! That investment alone made over $50K. So, counting what I didn't lose in equities/real estate and what I made in metals, I'm good to the tune of at least $250K.

Of course, if I had told any of my friends or colleagues that I made financial decisions based on C2C, they'd laugh me out of the room. They'd do that even if their portfolios were down by 40% while mine was up. I do know enough to not take everything I hear on C2C as gospel, but when virtually ALL of the financial experts are talking about the same things, and then I go to the morningstar or bogelhead forums and see experts talking about the same kinds of things (though they aren't nearly as alarmist), something begins to click in my head. So, whether Celente is a right wing nut or what, I don't care. He -- and the other financial guests on C2C saved my ass in 2008.

I went to the C2C Streamlink archives to get some dates for Celente; look at this description of the forecast that he gave on January 1, 2008:

"Kicking off the New Year, Ian Punnett hosted Coast to Coast AM's annual prediction show featuring psychics and prognosticators sharing what they see coming in the year 2008. In order of the guests' appearances, here are some of the highlights: Trendcaster Gerald Celente: 2008 will bring an "economic 9-11" in which big financial firms are going to collapse from the top down. As greed and corruption are seeped out, there will be great opportunities for entrepreneurs to move into the failing system. With the rise in food prices and property taxes, people can no longer afford things, and will revolt against the current tax system..."

I mean, call him what you will, but how many people went on MSNBC or Fox Business or just about anywhere else except a few of the financial forums and said ANYTHING like this? Which is exactly why virtually everyone I know except for me saw their retirement portfolios decline by 30% to 40%... If it takes these folks 5 or 6 years to get back to where they were in 2008 -- JUST to get back to where they were -- they'll be very fortunate. I, on the other hand, not only made a little in '08, I have been able to use that money that I would otherwise have lost (on paper) to continue investing. So, even if my friends get back to where they were in 5 years, I'll still be light years ahead of them. And this is almost entirely because of people like Celente and others who go on C2C.

Celente was on last night. He's talking about millions marching in the streets of Europe, a potential war between Japan and China over presumed resources and much more.

As for his accent, I still have my Pittsburgh accent even after all these years. My Mother still has her German accent and she's 94.

He says the only thing propping up the stock market and our economy is the currency wars and the central banks priming the pump with more and more worthless money. Individual income in this country is down 3.9% and now there's a new story where most people in this country now don't have the income to be able to buy a new car. He mentioned a couple he knows who have a six figure income and can't make ends meet. I know people who make $ 80-100 k and can't qualify to buy a home, yet there are thousands of boarded up foreclosed homes out there.

I do know one thing. When I grew up, you got a huge amount of interest for saving.

Now you get zip.

It forces people into a market that will inevitably crash as it has historically. This bull market will eventually have a big correction.

Prosperity is just around the corner.

Helicopter Ben sez so so it must be true.

NOT !

I am wondering that now that Mali is supposedly the new home for Al Queda that they will retaliate for the French invading their country. Mali has huge deposits of gold and uranium.

According to Celente, future wars in Africa are going to use dirty weapons.

And then we've heard nothing more about the Fed telling Germany that it will take 7 years to repatriate their gold back to them.

Just what happened to the gold that Germany was storing in New York.

Now tonight, there's a story where the Congress is moving towards a new law giving multiple year prison sentences for anyone who buys a gun for someone else who's not allowed to buy one.

One may have been convicted of a felony years ago but can't get a gun to protect one's self from criminals or the government.

And even if you can, you may not be able to buy ammo for it as ammo is getting scarcer.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLyFUndDzKY

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Juan Cena

A few years ago I got so depressed listening to Celente's doom and gloom talk that I almost decided to slit my wrists.

The thing I despise about Noory's economic guests is that they are all for the most part doom and gloomers that are more interested in peddling negativity instead of looking for signs of life in the economy.

Guy

Every system and every party and every event has possible downsides and problems.   So if you pick and issue and predict nothing but bad news and collapse and problems, then at some point you will be correct.

Everyone knows that economics has its ups and downs and rules that get broken and such.    It will always be that way, and so there will always be scandals and problems and mistakes made and arguments about doing things one way or another.     So if every time there is a hitch you predict the worst, you will be right two or three times over the years and wrong fifty times over the two or three years.   

If I put on a blindfold and throw enough darts at the dart board, one is bound eventually to finds the bullseye.   That does not mean I can purposefully hit the bullseye with a blind fold on.

Listen to what this guys says.    It is ALWAYS just a prediction that whatever is going on is bad and doom is around the corner.    This is why I find him useless.   He says nothing but the same thing over and over and over.

Uncle Duke

Anyone else notice how much Celente sounds like the late Larry Fine of "Three Stooges" fame?

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 30, 2013, 06:15:20 PM
Anyone else notice how much Celente sounds like the late Larry Fine of "Three Stooges" fame?
I've always thought he sounds like an irritated John (Leo McGarry) Spencer.  Kind of looks a little like him, too.  I dunno, underneath the huffing and puffing he gives some valuable information and insight.

yumyumtree

I like Celente. I think he's truthful about being a "political atheist" . Trust me, he's no right winger. I listen to 'em all day and evening ( when I'm home). On Detroit, for example, his take on what went wrong was COMPLETELY different than what the others I listen to we're saying. Personally I think that there are many reasons Detroit couldn't pull itself out of its slump, some having to do with politics, some not.
Celente does have a pretty good track record for predicting trends.

Luxlogs

Don't Kill The Messenger, Just Listen to Him Like I Did At $400 Gold and $7 Silver. Gerald is OK in my Book, like in Check Book.

Juan Cena

Quote from: yumyumtree on July 31, 2013, 11:05:41 AM
I like Celente. I think he's truthful about being a "political atheist" . Trust me, he's no right winger. I listen to 'em all day and evening ( when I'm home). On Detroit, for example, his take on what went wrong was COMPLETELY different than what the others I listen to we're saying. Personally I think that there are many reasons Detroit couldn't pull itself out of its slump, some having to do with politics, some not.
Celente does have a pretty good track record for predicting trends.

I'm still waiting for all those suburban houses growing their own food.

Renaldo

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 05, 2013, 03:08:11 AM
I'm still waiting for all those suburban houses growing their own food.

Come to Portland. People are keeping livestock too. It's going on in Detroit too. Google 'urban farming'

Jackstar

How is it that this thread doesn't have something like ten thousand posts in it? There's something wrong with about half of you people.

That's not far wrong, but it's about half. At least. I am being polite with you here.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Jackstar on May 08, 2014, 02:28:17 AM
How is it that this thread doesn't have something like ten thousand posts in it? There's something wrong with about half of you people.

That's not far wrong, but it's about half. At least. I am being polite with you here.

Because nobody here really gives a rat's rear end about Celente's gloom & doom schitck.

Jackstar

How is it doom & gloom? We're all going to be rich!

bigchucka

Quote from: Jackstar on May 08, 2014, 02:49:46 AM
How is it doom & gloom? We're all going to be rich!

... yeah, until it's stolen from us.  Just ask Gerald Celente.  Had money in the bank ran by a former senator and here his money was being gambled with and lost.  Jon Corzine... MF Global...

Jackstar

That happens every year.

McPhallus

Quote from: Jackstar on May 08, 2014, 02:28:17 AM

Maybe because he looks too much like Cheech Marin.

Half?  You're an optimist.

DanTSX

As someone who practices economic research, his hyperbole is a bit much, but he is on the right track more than most care to give him credit for.    Have to commend his enthusiasm and willingness to say unpopular things, but there is a bit of a character there IMO and tends to fast-talker his way around the need for facts or validation.

IMO Peter Schiff is typically just wrong.