• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Will Retire From His New Show

Started by sillycybe, February 02, 2013, 11:23:05 PM

sillycybe

Art will retire from his new gig shortly after it starts. As much as you would hate to admit it, you know it's true. It's inevitable and we may as well start talking about it.

MV/Liberace!

This thread was good for a nice gut laugh. Thanks.

lonevoice

Welcome to coastgab.

If you ask our host, MV, he would probably help you correct the misspelling of your username.

The correct spelling is:  Psilocybin.  You're welcome

tweet75

well face it arts not immmortal and hes in his late 60s. However dont underestimate him like many retirees theyd rather be working. He probably has a good decade if not 2 left in his radio career if he so chooses.

popple

If art retired 3/4 the way through his very first show, it would be a better show than any of the ones Jorch has completed in his decade as host.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on February 03, 2013, 04:34:41 AM

...and a great way to piss off Art.

coaster

Yeah maybe he wont even come out of retirement now because some random person posted a joke on a random forum...  ::)

analog kid

"Radio is in your blood." Paraphrasing the artiste of talk.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: sillycybe on February 02, 2013, 11:23:05 PM
Art will retire from his new gig shortly after it starts. As much as you would hate to admit it, you know it's true. It's inevitable and we may as well start talking about it.

Snorge, shouldn't you be doing your daily 20 hours of show prep and/or looking for a new job instead of posting here?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on February 03, 2013, 04:34:41 AM

Don't you mean 5 gut laugh?

jazmunda

This thread wins the Sean David Morton/Ed Dames award for being the most prescient thread on the internet.

Morgus

Quote from: sillycybe on February 02, 2013, 11:23:05 PM
good prediction, you must be a new Nostradamus.
your prediction came true within two days...  8)

Motherfucker who started this thread cursed it, MV should ban the IP address.

morphiaflow

I'm as much to blame on the karmic level for starting the "new show" thread.

HAL 9000

Quote from: sillycybe on February 02, 2013, 11:23:05 PMArt will retire from his new gig shortly after before it starts. As much as you would hate to admit it, you know it's true. It's inevitable and we may as well start talking about it.

Fixed it for ya...

ItsOver

At least we know Sillycybe isn't Ed Dames.

Caruthers612

Quote from: Morgus on February 04, 2013, 07:10:22 PM
good prediction, you must be a new Nostradamus.
your prediction came true within two days...  8)

Wait, what did I miss? Did Art start a new show and then retire? Somebody please bring me up to speed, as I am now totally lost. Also, HAL 9000, thanks for posting that pic of Sarah Palin again as I've now <sigh> spooged my sheets once more.

Art really should not have come out and said anything 'til he had a done deal. However having voiced his reasoning I can see why he did, but I still would have kept my mouth shut until I had an actual written contract and time slot scheduled for myself. But then again much like the female sex, revenge can motivate man to do things and act in ways we wouldn't normally with a clear sensible mind. ('course so does alcohol, but who's keeping track here?  :P )

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Caruthers612 on February 04, 2013, 10:04:06 PM

Wait, what did I miss? Did Art start a new show and then retire? Somebody please bring me up to speed, as I am now totally lost. Also, HAL 9000, thanks for posting that pic of Sarah Palin again as I've now <sigh> spooged my sheets once more.

Start here:
http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2136.msg98078.html#msg98078

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on February 04, 2013, 08:28:41 PM
Motherfucker who started this thread cursed it, MV should ban the IP address.

(and no offense meant sillycibe, just a joke, maybe even a joke in poor taste - welcome to the board.)

I cursed it too, I posted new bumper music.

Caruthers612

While we continue to wait for Art to return, here's another blast from the past...
          Metisse - Boom Boom Ba (best audio)

Sardondi

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on February 05, 2013, 01:08:10 AM
Was Ed Dames ever right? Even once?

Never to my knowledge, except in the very broadest sense of what he (and Art was a unfortunately a part of this too) disgustingly claimed as a "hit". But it is Dames's very awfulness which gives him some value: we can at least know what won't happen by listening to his predictions...

LeslieV

Quote from: Caruthers612 on February 07, 2013, 07:51:04 AM

While we continue to wait for Art to return, here's another blast from the past...
          Metisse - Boom Boom Ba (best audio)

And that was also a very good show that got cut too soon.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Caruthers612 on February 07, 2013, 07:51:04 AMWhile we continue to wait for Art to return, here's another blast from the past...

But for the very best audio (well, mp3 anyway), consider the 320kb/s version as an attachment below; excellent fidelity:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Caruthers612

Quote from: LeslieV on February 07, 2013, 04:43:56 PM

And that was also a very good show that got cut too soon.

Yes, Dead Like Me was indeed a good show, but while I was sad when it ended after two seasons, that was also, in my opinion, the perfect time to end it. They had a story to tell, and they had done it at that point, and did the one thing great series never do--let it end when it should have. Generally, a popular show is stretched out for many seasons beyond when its original premise has worn out, simply to get more episodes. This one evolved, made its point, as it were, and ended just beautifully.