• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sports Kneelers

Started by Zenman, September 24, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

TigerLily

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 24, 2017, 08:45:04 PM
No, please try to focus.  I mean no one is going to go over to the other side based on his comments regarding the NFL or NBA

I think you're in the same category as Pud in doing research and providing links.  Which is to say, it's pointless.

So if he did shoot someone on 5th Avenue you wouldn't vote for him?  Yep,  I keep providing facts and links to sources and usually they are categorically dismissed. But I keep hoping someone might decide to actually read and think. Pointless

Jackstar

Quote from: TigerLily on September 24, 2017, 09:34:27 PM
So if he did shoot someone on 5th Avenue you wouldn't vote for him?

Are you still pegging your husband?

Jackstar

Quote from: TigerLily on September 24, 2017, 09:34:27 PM
Pointless

Still frontin' that you're a chick without periods. That's cool, yo. That's cool.

Jackstar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 24, 2017, 09:21:43 PM
I'm implying what I originally posted - it was formed to harass blacks AND Republicans.

So was it formed to do that, or did it quickly morph into that, or what? Help me out here.

Further--what can you tell me about the processes that formed the Grand Strand of beaches along the Carolina coastlines?

TigerLily

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 24, 2017, 09:21:43 PM
I'm implying what I originally posted - it was formed to harass blacks AND Republicans.

Ok. Here's a history lesson for you. It was when Republicans were the progressive party in Lincoln's time. Southerners then became Southern (blue dog) democrats. But then when the Kennedy's and Johnson pushed civil rights then those Southern Democrats moved over to the Republican Party. I would provide links to my research but it's pointless

chefist

Quote from: TigerLily on September 24, 2017, 09:43:42 PM
Ok. Here's a history lesson for you. It was when Republicans were the progressive party in Lincoln's time. Southerners then became Southern (blue dog) democrats. But then when the Kennedy's and Johnson pushed civil rights then those Southern Democrats moved over to the Republican Party. I would provide links to my research but it's pointless

Nice fiction...enjoy your passion play... ;D

TigerLily

Quote from: Jackstar on September 24, 2017, 09:40:53 PM

So was it formed to do that, or did it quickly morph into that, or what? Help me out here.

Further--what can you tell me about the processes that formed the Grand Strand of beaches along the Carolina coastlines?

The Mafia, CIA, Illuminati, Reptilian Triumvirate

Zetaspeak

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 24, 2017, 08:22:17 PM
She said their actions were covered by the First Amendment.  The First Amendment has no role as this is between employers and employees.  The Bill of Rights covers government intrusion and coercion, and that is not the issue here.

I agree with this, the first amendment argument/"Muh freedom of speech" is one of the most overused/misused arguments. The first amendment does not fall under a message board owner banning somebody, or YouTube/twitter deleting accounts who break their ToS, or even somebody getting fired for saying something stupid. So you're right 99% of the time"Hey I got freedom of speech" is bullshit

The irony here is that it becomes much closer to a first amendment issue the second Trump opened his mouth, like you mentioned yourself (and I bolded it) Trump IS government, he's the Prez and he getting involved in private business matters. "Ruling Government" is telling a business to fire somebody over political speech or actions.

But hey it's a long list of things that Trump supporters claim they support or be compliantly against. Until Trump does the exact thing that his supporters complain about and then try to excuse it

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 24, 2017, 09:43:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q--iGgtRn8

chefist

Quote from: TigerLily on September 24, 2017, 09:47:54 PM
I always do

Dem's in the 60's...OH...Ken Burns' new show on PBS never says LBJ is a Dem.

Sorry, Bull Connor was a Dem too....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_Connor

3OctaveFart

I don't care who sits, who kneels - they can all stick their thumbs up their asses for all I care - but I think it's funny how patriotic most Republicans become once they're safely past the age where they might actually have to serve their country, and after which they've secured the exemption for their draft-eligible sons.

Up All Night

The "tradition" of playing the national Anthem before an American Sporting Event must cease. I don't feel anything special about singing the SSB with a bunch of drunk, fat fans.

The tradition was started of doing for every baseball game during WWII.

Well, WWII was over in 1945.

We'll bring it back for WWIII. Okay.

WOTR

It seems as though this is the perfect test of the 'free market". How many of the people bitching about it watched football yesterday (Sunday?)  Vote with your time, your dollars and your attention.  I actually respect those who burned their tickets.

The "left" uses this tactic with good results demanding that businesses cave to their demands. the NFL already has the tools to force the issue- they can fine the players for "not representing the brand in a positive light."

Write a letter. Actually stick to what you threaten- don't watch the games on television, buy the merchandise, or take part in a fantasy football league until they force a change... It will not take long for them to get the hint.

***At the same time, realize that the more we encourage employers to "set the standards" the sooner we will have to call MX. woods "mix" and use the pronoun "they" when addressing "them"...

WOTR

To be clear, I think it is a crock of shit that a player making millions should be disrespectful of the anthem of the country that adopted him, gave him a chance and where he climbed to the top 1% of income earners with a degree of celebrity.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Up All Night on September 24, 2017, 11:23:18 PM
The "tradition" of playing the national Anthem before an American Sporting Event must cease. I don't feel anything special about singing the SSB with a bunch of drunk, fat fans.

The tradition was started of doing for every baseball game during WWII.

Well, WWII was over in 1945.

We'll bring it back for WWIII. Okay.

That seems reasonable.

Gd5150

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 25, 2017, 08:44:15 AM
https://news.grabien.com/story-roger-goodell-ignoring-leagues-own-rule-book-letting-players

Very informative:

QuoteThe National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

Funny while the predictable demokkkrat media was finding every player they could who opposed Trump and supported disrespecting the national anthem and the country, they failed to mention this little clause in the rule book. Such a surprise. Of course they couldn't couldn't find a single fan to interview who opposed the protests, despite the vast overwhelming majority of NFL fans, and the nation, supporting the national anthem ceremonies before every game. We'll see how well the NFL and players do when they only people who watch are dem po ignant foke.

Playing in the NFL is a privelage not a right. Dance when you're told to dance or go get a job at Starbucks.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: WOTR on September 24, 2017, 11:44:47 PM
To be clear, I think it is a crock of shit that a player making millions should be disrespectful of the anthem of the country that adopted him, gave him a chance and where he climbed to the top 1% of income earners with a degree of celebrity.

Sport 'stars' around the world are for reasons that escape me hero worshipped. In the UK its the same with football players; pulling in millions per year, and the fans dutifully let themselves be fleeced each week to watch someone who has no loyalty to the club or fans, kicking a bag of wind around, falling over the touchline feigning death to get the other prima donna sent off...

And each week they go back or travel many miles at great expense to watch them play away. And the same fans couldn't care less what the prima donnas do. DUI? Assault? Trying to justify their obscene salary which they don't pay tax on...Bring it on! Fans don't care.

And although there will be a small proportion pandering to Trump's deflection from his woes, it won't last. Sports fans don't give a shit about politicians' pontificating, least of all a draft dodging child who has his and his daughter's shit made in China. It will pass, and the sason ticket burners will buy another one next season.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 25, 2017, 08:59:58 AM

Playing in the NFL is a privelage not a right. Dance when you're told to dance or go get a job at Starbucks.

Oh get over yourself. Playing professional sport is a job like any other. They're in it because their employer deems the millions spent in wages will be more than be a return on invstment.
Now being POTUS is a privilege, its a pity Trump sees it as just another money making opportunity for him and his family.

Up All Night

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 25, 2017, 08:50:25 AM
That seems reasonable.

I don't know everything. If this protest on this platform truly brings, as an end result, healing, and not division, then that's a good thing. But I have no crystal ball to know that!

IF, they stopped playing the National Anthem at all sporting events, professional and otherwise, what platform would this protest then have???

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Up All Night on September 25, 2017, 09:12:54 AM
I don't know everything. If this protest on this platform truly brings, as an end result, healing, and not division, then that's a good thing. But I have no crystal ball to know that!

IF, they stopped playing the National Anthem at all sporting events, professional and otherwise, what platform would this protest then have???

I think the whole concept of a particular job (military aside) having the caveat the national anthem being played is silly. Before work should gardeners, painters and decorators, insurance clerks, truck drivers, engineers, doctors and cosmetic chemists stand there and face the flag of their country and sing the anthem? Silly.

TigerLily

There were so many great games yesterday all around the NFL. A very good day of football.  Seeing management, coaches and players of all races and creeds, arms locked, standing, sitting or kneeling was truly inspiring and represented what's best about America.  All unified in protest against hate, bigotry and divisiveness as personified by President Trump.

And Trump must be a happy camper too. It got the Russian investigation out of the headlines for a little while. Now he will have to go back to insulting North Korea instead of athletes to get another breather

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2017, 09:21:17 AM
There were so many great games yesterday all around the NFL. A very good day of football.  Seeing management, coaches and players of all races and creeds, arms locked, standing, sitting or kneeling was truly inspiring and represented what's best about America.  All unified in protest against hate, bigotry and divisiveness as personified by President Trump.

And Trump must be a happy camper too. It got the Russian investigation out of the headlines for a little while. Now he will have to go back to insulting North Korea instead of athletes to get another breather

We could be forgiven for believing that all the problems of the 'mess' Trump inherited have been cleared up if he has time to devote speeches, tweets and more tweets into this. He couldn't care less if they stand kneel or hand stand. It bothers him that he's the object of their displeasure, he knows it so that's why he has to conflate the protest with being disrespectful to military personnel. One has nothing to do with the other, but he knows his disciples will nod in agreement.

Taaroa

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 25, 2017, 09:17:59 AM
I think the whole concept of a particular job (military aside) having the caveat the national anthem being played is silly. Before work should gardeners, painters and decorators, insurance clerks, truck drivers, engineers, doctors and cosmetic chemists stand there and face the flag of their country and sing the anthem? Silly.

As outsiders looking in, American patriotism is strange to us and perhaps a bit overboard. But as long as Americans want to keep playing their anthem before every sporting event, people may as well show at least a modicum of respect for it.
When I went to see a baseball game in Boston I still stood for the anthem along with everyone else despite not knowing the words or it not being my country.

TigerLily

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 25, 2017, 09:17:59 AM

Gd5150

Quote from: Up All Night on September 25, 2017, 09:12:54 AM

There is no ends. There never is with leftwing hate. Disrespecting the country and those help protect us all, isn't even on a path to help anyone. Where are their solutions? As usual with leftwing lemmings, there aren't any. Who's standing up for the 1000s killed every year in endless inner city violence?

This protest is a joke. As with all protests it will accomplish nothing. It's just the left releasing their inner hate for the country. It's always been there and always will be. These people are sheep. Just a product of their leftwing slavemasters.

WOTR

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 25, 2017, 09:07:41 AM
And although there will be a small proportion pandering to Trump's deflection from his woes, it won't last. Sports fans don't give a shit about politicians' pontificating, least of all a draft dodging child who has his and his daughter's shit made in China. It will pass, and the sason ticket burners will buy another one next season.

I suspect that a few of the loudest complainers on Bellgab probably could not even refrain from supporting the league on the same day they were here typing how outraged they were.  They likely belong to fantasy football pools and "need" to know how they are doing and require something for small talk around the water cooler this morning.

***I also suspect that at least a few people who burned their ticket are at the box office today reporting them "lost" and asking for a replacement...

Yes, I am cynical.

TigerLily

Quote from: Taaroa on September 25, 2017, 09:32:16 AM
As outsiders looking in, American patriotism is strange to us and perhaps a bit overboard. But as long as Americans want to keep playing their anthem before every sporting event, people may as well show at least a modicum of respect for it.
When I went to see a baseball game in Boston I still stood for the anthem along with everyone else despite not knowing the words or it not being my country.

Those kneeling were not showing disrespect for the flag or national anthem. It started and continues as a protest against the Ferguson incident as a symbol of the ongoing rampant inequality in the country where "all men are created equal". Yesterday was a demonstration of solidarity and support for each other and protecting our freedom of speech from those who want to take that freedom away.  Even if the main perpetrator is the President of the "United" States