• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: Robert on January 26, 2018, 11:13:45 PM
Then in the poll of "legit, charlatan, deluded, or crazy", you're saying deluded.

But you're using the term "lucid dream" wrong.  Lucid dreams are completely uncompelling.  They're dreams in which you're aware you're dreaming, so they're the least compelling type of dream you could have, by definition.
Yes.  I should have said "vivid." His dreams were so vivid that he thougth they were real, ever after he was awake. Hence, he is delusional. My dreams were lucid in that I knew that I was dreaming while I was dreaming them.

Having said that, I'm not familiar with the Viktor incident. Is it proof that he is a fraud?

WhiteCrow

Tonight's guest is Dr. Manganiello.  Looking forward to it!

WhiteCrow

Just saying.. this thread has 2214 pages and doesn't have top billing.

I tried to listen this morning but the guest was hard to hear. I don't know if there was a technical problem with his line or if his mouth was full of marbles or something, but  I couldn't make anything out of it.

michio

Two days without water for her sick cat and she finally finds a vet that "has room to take her." Is this a case of waiting for a hotel room to open up? If that had been me I would have called my vet and informed them I'm bringing down my hairless kid who hasn't had water for two days (I'd take her in after one day), expecting they'll examine her when they have free time between scheduled appointments, if not getting to her right away. Three days and it's likely that cat would have died, indeed, the vet informed her of this distinct possibility. Maybe I'm wrong but I get the feeling the host hasn't had many pets to care for in her life.

michio

Quote from: michio on February 09, 2018, 12:18:28 AM
have called my vet and informed them I'm bringing down my hairyless kid who hasn't
Correction.

Unlike many dogs, felines are private about suffering. They hide whenever they are sick or injured. It can be hard to know something is wrong until it's severe.

This morning's guest was a train wreck. His whole story took only 5 minutes to tell. The rest of the time, he just shut up about his topic.

Then he would go on about military paperwork.  "My military discharge paper, DD Form 90210, says I was trained in Morse Code and in the use of a specific kind of radio. I don't know Morse Code and I don't know how to operate that specific radio. Therefore, I learned Morse Code during my '20 year blink out' while sitting in the Marine Corp officer's office, but like my memories, they wiped that knowledge."

The few times he mentioned something more about his missing 20 years, he would blurt out something that made no sense, and then Heather or a caller would catch him in the lie. And Heather was trying hard to be gentle with him and not embarrass him for being an idiot.

Worse, he spent more time talking about the Betty and Barney Hill abduction story and his high school drinking buddy with whom he claims to have seen a triangular ufo hundreds of feet across. They took an oath of secrecy. This was 1978. the USA was crazy about UFOs. EVerybody and their grandma was claiming to see them. They were on television daily in TV shows like "In Search Of." No 17 year old boy is going to keep something like that secret.

I got the feeling that he "dangled a carrot on a stick" to get onto the show, and when it was time to deliver, he had no material. He didn't even have a good story. 

pate

That sounds glorious.  I wish I had been drinking last night, I tots would have drunk dialed into the show.

ItsTelly

After a week of listening, Heather is OK.  Not great, it depends on the topic.  Her interview with Andrew Basagio in the archives was very good.

Certainly nowhere close to Art or Ian or Knapp.  Given how bad C2C has become though it's fine.  I normally listen in the background while doing something else anyway so I'll keep subscribing (for now).

Telly

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsTelly on February 09, 2018, 07:53:19 PM
After a week of listening, Heather is OK.  Not great, it depends on the topic.  Her interview with Andrew Basagio in the archives was very good.

Certainly nowhere close to Art or Ian or Knapp.  Given how bad C2C has become though it's fine.  I normally listen in the background while doing something else anyway so I'll keep subscribing (for now).

Telly

You got off pretty easy considering she was out sick two of the five days.

michio

Heather's cat probably has an ulcer from stress, to address her puzzlement of why her hairy kid needs an antacid (on vet's specific brand and dosage directions only). Ask the vet for cat food recommendations for a start. One can moisten dry food with a little water and it may aid digestion while helping to hydrate the animal. There are sensitive digestion cat foods available and worth a try. Stick with well known name brands (Purina, Hills, Iams, etc.) and don't buy questionable and sometimes poisonous cheap cat food from China. Hope her hairy kid gets better.

Morgus

Heather told listeners she would love to have trolls call in tonight, so she could dance with a troll...

Morgus

A caller just asked Heather about Richard Hoagland.
She said she isn't sure if or where he has a show now...

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on February 09, 2018, 11:51:12 PM
Heather told listeners she would love to have trolls call in tonight, so she could dance with a troll...

Wouldn't she trapped inside a mountain then?

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on February 09, 2018, 11:54:31 PM
She, us, and even HE wonders that. Only "they" determine...

I don't know or care either.

QuoteFor 23 years, Richard Hoagland’s wife and kids had no idea what happened to him after he disappeared on Feb. 10, 1993. Authorities eventually found Richard Hoagland’s car abandoned at Indianapolis International Airport, but there was no record of a Richard Hoagland taking any flights out of the airport the day he went missing, Iseler said. He asked me if I knew who Richard Hoagland was, and I said, 'Yes, that’s my ex-husband,'" Iseler said. “He said, ‘We have him in custody.’”

It turns out, police said, he had been living as a man named Terry Symansky, who was a fisherman killed in a boating accident in 1991.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-indiana-mans-family-found-alive-23-years/story?id=43045972

ItsTelly

Just a quick question for BellGab:

Where is Heather's studio located?  Is she in Las Vegas/Parump like Art or somewhere else?  I'm thinking Sacramento but I don't know why.

Telly

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2018, 12:54:49 AM
I've never heard him discuss paranormal but I'd listen.

All he did was call in to tell a ghost story. I recognized his voice.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 24, 2018, 01:02:52 AM

Oh, I thought you were suggesting that he host. Sorry, I don't listen anymore.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2018, 01:08:30 AM
Oh, I thought you were suggesting that he host. Sorry, I don't listen anymore.

She must not have many callers anymore she won’t let them hang up.

Quote from: ItsTelly on February 24, 2018, 12:24:22 AM
Just a quick question for BellGab:

Where is Heather's studio located?  Is she in Las Vegas/Parump like Art or somewhere else?
Yes she's in Pahrump, most likely in Art's second double wide.  She was probably there all along during the stalker saga.

There was some intention experiment to produce rain in California or something and the next thing you know the show's off the air due to a t-storm. Then neckbeard Rowland confirmed it. No rain in California only S.Nevada(Weather radar courtesy SixWeekTenure)

vipjon

Im new here and this is my first post... I LOVE Heather! I know she's not Art, she's her own thing. And noone can tell me she doesn't have a voice of an angel! Im Jonathan in the Bronx. Are there any other MITD listeners here? Smog? Bear? And where the heck has JC Webster gone? Has he surfaced lately? Im seein alot of sinners here on the board! Lol

Quote from: vipjon on February 25, 2018, 09:13:07 AM
Im new here and this is my first post... I LOVE Heather! I know she's not Art, she's her own thing. And noone can tell me she doesn't have a voice of an angel! Im Jonathan in the Bronx. Are there any other MITD listeners here? Smog? Bear? And where the heck has JC Webster gone? Has he surfaced lately? Im seein alot of sinners here on the board! Lol

henlo, fren. this board will eat you alive. cheers.

Robert

Quote from: vipjon on February 25, 2018, 09:13:07 AMIm Jonathan in the Bronx. Are there any other MITD listeners here? Smog?
I was, but moved to Andover NJ starting last quarter of 2016.

Robert

Quote from: ItsTelly on February 09, 2018, 07:53:19 PMAfter a week of listening, Heather is OK.  Not great, it depends on the topic.  Her interview with Andrew Basagio in the archives was very good.

Certainly nowhere close to Art or Ian or Knapp.
I agree.  She's definitely improved over the past 2 yrs.  I'd thought she plateaued after a couple mos., but there's been improvement since.  Ups & downs in quality from show to show or week to week make the long term trend hard to notice.

This is something that probably, for most people undertaking it, would take years like this, as with a lot of jobs that are subtle.  Which means she'll probably be even better in a few more yrs.
QuoteGiven how bad C2C has become though it's fine.  I normally listen in the background while doing something else
Which for me is sleeping, which is why my samplings are so brief.  Mostly when I get up to go make sissy, which actually is a lot these nights w my prostate the size of Ohio.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 24, 2018, 01:02:52 AM

Yes I recognized his voice too... He was notably more articulate than most callers.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Robert on February 25, 2018, 03:55:04 PM
I agree.  She's definitely improved over the past 2 yrs. I'd thought she plateaued after a couple mos., but there's been improvement since.  Ups & downs in quality from show to show or week to week make the long term trend hard to notice.

This is something that probably, for most people undertaking it, would take years like this, as with a lot of jobs that are subtle.  Which means she'll probably be even better in a few more yrs.Which for me is sleeping, which is why my samplings are so brief.  Mostly when I get up to go make sissy, which actually is a lot these nights w my prostate the size of Ohio.

Heather main issue, she isn't near as worldly as Art.
Best advice I can give her, no BS, read the Wall Street Journal everyday cover to cover. In a few years she will have a depth of knowledge on most every subject that few others possess