• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

TigerLily

Quote from: Chronaut on January 28, 2016, 10:45:00 PM
Everything except the last line about organized crime was mine - Munbeam just accidentally deleted half the quote brackets so it looked like all one post.
But you already know I like your style  :)

albrecht

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 28, 2016, 10:55:37 PM
Maybe another good reason to eat the wild variety and not the farm-bred? I guess. Don't know what to say about bacteriologists. I can't imagine how they're not all germaphobes.
I've caught fish with worms (and other stuff on or in them.) Same with animals. Nature is not pretty and it is not, necessarily dangerous (depending on the 'stuff' and it is cooked properly etc.) I think one of the reasons for our problems is this idea that 'everything needs to be clean and pretty' when, in reality, there are 'bugs', worms, etc of various types throughout nature, including ourselves. So we over use antibiotics, anti-germicidals, breed/make plants/animals (limiting generic differences and so possibly more possibility of mass outbreaks later) to 'look nice' and so forth. And bring rise to worse 'bugs' and/or invent silent, but 'nice looking' killers.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 28, 2016, 10:37:00 PM
Pizza with a knife and fork? He loses my vote again. Tell me he puts mayo on hot dogs and I'll make it three times.
I think I read that he eats no junk food, no sausages, and does not drink.  I think he made a big exception in that pizza.  He's also supposed to be a germ-o-phobe, hence the knife and fork.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 10:45:34 PM
Having spent 8 years in SAC working with Nukes I am all in with the guy that wants to call for a fair catch.
Did you ever see a UFO messing with the nukes?

Zenman

Hey Art, you need to check out You, Me and the Apocalypse, if you haven't seen it.

TigerLily

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 28, 2016, 10:46:09 PM
Art's back! Art, if you could recite this through a mic attached to the internet and maybe tack on a few more hours of that kind of stuff that would be great, thanks.
Right there with ya, girlfriend  :D

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on January 28, 2016, 11:04:47 PM
Did you ever see a UFO messing with the nukes?

I will PM you

Art Bell

Quote from: That is correct Captain on January 28, 2016, 10:35:36 PM
Art, I thought of Cumulus coming to the table shortly before you left a great victory of sorts, how did you feel about it?
How would you think I feel?
It sure would have been and they were ready! People think I wanted to blow all that up? Good God! We were just about there, so close, the whole thing makes me sick.

Art

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on January 28, 2016, 11:03:25 PM
I've caught fish with worms (and other stuff on or in them.) Same with animals. Nature is not pretty and it is not, necessarily dangerous (depending on the 'stuff' and it is cooked properly etc.) I think one of the reasons for our problems is this idea that 'everything needs to be clean and pretty' when, in reality, there are 'bugs', worms, etc of various types throughout nature, including ourselves. So we over use antibiotics, anti-germicidals, breed/make plants/animals (limiting generic differences and so possibly more possibility of mass outbreaks later) to 'look nice' and so forth. And bring rise to worse 'bugs' and/or invent silent, but 'nice looking' killers.
I agree.  I sometimes look at a show by Gordon Ramsay and he says salmon should be cooked with pink in the middle.  Ugh.  People eat raw oysters, too.  Not a good policy.  Yeah, the secret is to cook your food.  No sushi. 

Chronaut

Quote from: Segundus on January 28, 2016, 10:58:14 PM
Yeah.  If that were my choice, I would have to go with Bernie.  I've always admired his honesty and he's been pretty consistent for a long time.

I love that guy.  Not only is he the only truly earnest and conscientious candidate on the field, he was also the sole dissenting vote on the invasion of Iraq, which remains the single most catastrophic foreign policy decision of our generation.  So if he'd been in the White House in 2001, we wouldn't have wasted trillions of dollars destabilizing the Middle East, thousands of American troops would still be alive to hug their wives/husbands and kids, and ISIS wouldn't even exist.

It's astounding how much damage a blustering nimrod like GW Bush, or Donald Trump, can do when occupying the most powerful position on the planet.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Chronaut on January 28, 2016, 11:11:59 PM
I love that guy.  Not only is he the only truly earnest and conscientious candidate on the field, he was also the sole dissenting vote on the invasion of Iraq, which remains the single most catastrophic foreign policy decision of our generation.  So if he'd been in the White House in 2001, we wouldn't have wasted trillions of dollars destabilizing the Middle East, thousands of American troops would still be alive to hug their wives/husbands and kids, and ISIS wouldn't even exist.

It's astounding how much damage a blustering nimrod like GW Bush, or Donald Trump, can do when occupying the most powerful position on the planet.
I just am sick of the agendas that do not seem to serve our country.  Often our armed forces are protecting business interests.  We meddle and seem not to be knowledgeable enough to know how we are affecting things. 

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 11:02:54 PM
Chris Carter is on
Can't listen, can't read the thread. I'm going to binge watch them after last one airs. Don't want spoilers

trostol

Quote from: TigerLily on January 28, 2016, 11:14:55 PM
Can't listen, can't read the thread. I'm going to binge watch them after last one airs. Don't want spoilers

then indeed..stay away

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Segundus on January 28, 2016, 10:58:14 PM
Yeah.  If that were my choice, I would have to go with Bernie.  I've always admired his honesty and he's been pretty consistent for a long time.

Well, here's the thing. He is consistent. And he is focused like a laser beam on a set of issues.

But let's move away from his point of focus and look at, say, that "shift to Asia" thing that even many Democrats agree is probably a wise move militarily. I'm not sure what Bernie thinks about it or even *if* he thinks about it.

And, while I like Chinese food, I don't want to eat it every night.

phrodo

Quote from: Art Bell on January 28, 2016, 11:07:03 PM
It sure would have been and they were ready! People think I wanted to blow all that up? Good God! We were just about there, so close, the whole thing makes me sick.

Art

Those of us with more than a few brain cells left know it must have been one helluva decision to make to step away. Those with less than a couple of functioning brain cells will continue to bitch, moan and complain to anyone that will listen and feed their trollish posts. I have quit doing so .. too bad many are still feeding the many trolls that continue to find refuge here in MV's cesspool of sewage. Yep .. for that -- I'm a quitter too and proud of it.  ;D 

trostol

Quote from: phrodo on January 28, 2016, 11:18:08 PM
Those of us with more than a few brain cells left know it must have been one helluva decision to make to step away. Those with less than a couple of functioning brain cells will continue to bitch, moan and complain to anyone that will listen and feed their trollish posts. I have quit doing so .. too bad many are still feeding the many trolls that continue to find refuge here in MV's cesspool of sewage. Yep .. for that -- I'm a quitter too and proud of it.  ;D

you do realize that you have pretty much entered the realm of being a troll correct?

Tinfoil_Helm

Art, are you listening to this dogshit?  Who let this person near a microphone?

They're going to have to get rid of Heather sooner than later. I wonder if her accusations of sexism concern Art at all?

DeltaBravo

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on January 28, 2016, 11:25:33 PM
Art, are you listening to this dogshit?  Who let this person near a microphone?
+10000000000000000000

SnapT

Art's right on about Trump, I'd be shocked if he's not our next president.

And I think the big twist will be that he'll be a GREAT president, for both liberals and conservatives.  Because he IS both a liberal and a conservative.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: albrecht on January 28, 2016, 11:03:25 PM

Sure, I've caught fish with all kinds of nasty-looking stuff in their digestive tracts. But, at least where I've fished, the worms haven't been in the meat I'm about to cook up. Not that I could see. Frankly, if I couldn't see them due to their microscopic size or whatever, I'd just as soon not know about them. Fish should be well-cooked in any case, unless it's very clean sushi.

Jackstar

Y'all are conflating "sushi" with "sashimi," although it's hardly relevant now that the oceans are dying.

Chronaut

Quote from: TigerLily on January 28, 2016, 11:03:21 PM
But you already know I like your style  :)

Charming vixen ;)

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Segundus on January 28, 2016, 11:04:43 PM
I think I read that he eats no junk food, no sausages, and does not drink.  I think he made a big exception in that pizza.  He's also supposed to be a germ-o-phobe, hence the knife and fork.

Germs. Interesting. You think this might be why he made a big deal over Hillary going to the bathroom on a debate break? "Disgusting!" That's what he said.

TigerLily

Art
This makes me very sad for you and us.  I hope you find a way to make you and your family feel safe and do the work you love.

Jackstar

People think I wanted to blow all that up? Good God!

Hey mang, orders is orders. /shrug

51 pages to read

went and put one dude on ignore

42 pages to read

9 pages.

17% of this thread is one dude

one fucking dude.

Quote from: Crash Folly on January 29, 2016, 12:24:23 AM
51 pages to read

42 pages to read

9 pages.

one fucking dude.

Yeah, trust me, you aren`t missing anything.

Quote from: Crash Folly on January 29, 2016, 12:24:23 AM
51 pages to read

42 pages to read

9 pages.

one fucking dude.

There was a point yesterday or the day before where one guy was literally every other post for almost two hours. I was to copy the recent posts on the main page, highlight each entry from him and post it but I didn't want to be a dick.