• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coast to Coast AM Podcast (Current shows)

Started by williedee, September 06, 2012, 12:07:53 PM

williedee

Hi all, you probably don't know me, but I relay funklbaldy's C2C streams that some of you might listen to. The other day I was looking through his archives and thought that it would be useful to have a podcast system set up for the current shows that are updated daily. I decided to throw up a page on my server and upload weekly the past weeks shows. If you subscribe to the podcast, you will automatically get the last week's shows downloaded. Its not a full archive, probably just a month of content at any one time. I'm going to subscribe to it myself (so it syncs to my ipod for on-the-go listening). I know a lot of you don't like the new shows, but I find some of the guests interesting.

Thanks guys, hope some of you might take advantage of it!

Links:
funklbaldy's website: http://funklobaldy.fatcow.com/index2.html

podcast page: http://willstare.com/podcast/podcastgen

Subscribe with iTunes or another podcast aggregator by clicking on the links on the right side of the page.

BobGrau

I prefer to just browse for older shows, personally, but I just wanted to say thanks for all your work! You guys rock!

ziznak

I've recently (and begrudgingly) installed itunes again after finding my old nano and being too lazy to find non-apple software... I'll def be making use of it.

williedee

I'll try to keep it updated at least weekly... I'm very busy with school and work but it doesn't take long.

ziznak

Hey williedee,
thanx again by the way... quick question though.  Will these come down as individual shows or as a weekly pack of shows all in one file type of thing?

williedee

they will be individual shows, for example:

Coast to Coast - Sep 07 2012  - Open Lines

but probably uploaded 5 at a time. If that makes sense  ;)

MV/Liberace!

by the way... do u have the ability/desire to include any of the posted classic shows in the feed?

williedee

I *could* add the older shows, the only problem is that I don't have a whole lot of hdd space on my VPS. But I could definitely throw up random shows in the mix. That would be pretty cool. I'll do that on my next batch :)

I'll probably update it twice a week, it takes less time than I thought.   

Edit: I put up quite a few oldies, should keep ya'll busy for a few nights :)

ziznak

williedee has THE best avy EVER!! love it.  it's like the donald duck version of MV's obama avy

williedee

haha i didn't even realize that :P

Its from a online cartoon called the "Uncel Dolan"

ziznak

Hey willie is everything cool over at funky's?  I havent' seen an updated show since the 12th!!

williedee

yeah, he was out of town for the weekend, visiting family and the like. He should be back soon though, no worries. He was also having some hardware problems with one of his servers, but I believe they were ironed out.

ziznak

Cool cool.  I was afraid the premrat goons had gotten to him.

williedee

nope, not yet. I hope they never come, he's not hurting anybody, that's for sure

williedee

Podcast is updated to 9-30-12 today. It is sort of a mess however, as I had to regenerate the XML, but just make sure to read the file names. The old stuff and new stuff is all mixed in together, this should clear up with weekly updates. Have a great week!

Widget

It's not that Clear Channel Communications are a bunch of goons. It's a matter of legality. The terms and conditions of Streamlink and "Coast Insider" state it's unlawful under U.S. copyright to distribute, post online or re-broadcast any "Coast To Coast" and "Somewhere In Time" programs without their express written consent. Their stance is supported under U.S. copyright laws, so that's why they object to it.

If they'd lower the cost of subscriptions, they'd do better in getting bigger volume and income. Same for older Art Bell streams. Mr. Bell doesn't own the rights to any of this programs under his contract with Premiere Radio Networks or Clear Channel Communications, the company responsible for and employed to create "Coast To Coast" podcasts.

So if people want to post previous shows, they can do that if they want. But know that's illegal and can cause civil and criminal liability. The legal copyright holder will do doubt start with some "Cease and Desist" fax from one of their "Intellectual-property representatives -- sent to the registered host server ISP of the site posting the content. Then, no doubt, if that warning is ignored, they get nastier from there and can file lawsuits (from some powerful legal resources, by the way) to seek damages for their property being distributed without a written agreement from their client or clients. They know the accused violators can no tenable defense and it's an easy no-brainer that they will win.

Just some advice. These people are powerful and they have the law on their side. Mr. John B. Wells noted that during his program a few weeks ago. While it may be "flattering" to see "Coast To Coast" programs posted online as part of some "sharing system," Mr. Wells notes that it's illegal and infringes on copyright and can be enforced -- easily. Sure, paying for "Coast Insider" seems like a rook since it's 90 percent of pathetic George Noory, but that's the system Premiere and Clear Channel put in place and that's that.

Bummers, but that's life... :(

Widget

Since I work at night in a desk job, I have the chance to catch "Coast To Coast AM" fully. But, to you early risers, ones not wanting to pay for "Coast Insider," there's a station you can get through online streaming that runs the program in its entirely from 5 a.m. to 9 a,m., EST. Seven days a week.

So, if you miss the live show, or want to listen again as I often do, check out:

Talk 960. The High Desert's Talk Station. Apple Valley, California.
Live stream: http://v5.player.abacast.com/v5.1/player/index.php?uid=6018

It's a good station overnight for "Coast." But I'm still trying to fathom how a "High Desert" station is located in place that's apparently a valley that grows apples? I quit thinking about the irony of that.

Know it's one of those few streaming stations that monitors bandwidth. If you let your player run without input, it will stop the feed after an amount of time and put up a dialog: "Hello? Are you still there? We don't want to play to an empty room." Hit > OK, Let's get bad to the music."

Annoying, but anyone who can tell me how to get it playing continuously, I'm all ears. It doesn't get to me too much because I'm at my computer when I work and that player runs on a virtual desktop from my working files. But when I get up to do things sometimes, that darn bandwidth timeout cuts off the feed until I can return to my workstation and restart it.
-----------------
"What if the Colorado River dries up?" -- George Noory*

*Now, that's a question that eats at me every minute of every day, folks. I get worried! Thanks to Noory's wisdom of the "what ifs" that defy logical, reason, ration. common sense or science, but assure this man has a well-paying job with such a big media company because of such "independent thinking". Now you know why good people aren't recruited, or wanted.

williedee

After some thinking (and widgets post  :P) I have decided to discontinue the podcasts. School has been much busier than I expected, and I haven't had time to update it as often as I wanted. Thanks to those who used it, but if I can't give a project the time required then I wont let it continue. Continue to listen to Funkys streams though, as they play the previous nights episode all day long.

MV/Liberace!

Williedee... I don't blame u. The headache and legal exposure are not worth it.

Widget

Quote from: williedee on October 09, 2012, 08:22:21 AM
After some thinking (and widgets post  :P) I have decided to discontinue the podcasts.

Smart move, young person. Yes, you can get in over your head fast with the people at Clear Channel Communications over any unauthorized distribution. Don't mind some members here that laugh at and mock others. Will they be there to pay your legal fees?  Do you even know who they really are?

Discontinue unauthorized broadcasting of "Coast To Coast" programs. Let some other arrogant person learn some truths after their name calling stops working. Remember, John B. Wells "suggested strongly' a few weeks ago about that.

Sure, he let listeners know you have to pay something for "Coast Insider."  He then implied both himself and "those he works for" are well aware of these illegal streams. Very aware. Wells, showing at least once he cares somewhat about listeners, made a good, "disguised" tip that violating their copyrights could lead to major hassles and it's just not worth it.

Agreed. Let some other person think they are better, then learn about the "real world" when their mocking and name calling fails to achieve anything but their own failure.

Smart move, dude. Smart move.

Quote from: Widget on October 09, 2012, 03:28:48 AM

It's a good station overnight for "Coast." But I'm still trying to fathom how a "High Desert" station is located in place that's apparently a valley that grows apples? I quit thinking about the irony of that.

Old timers thought the shape of the valley was "like an apple."

Quote from: Widget on October 10, 2012, 02:52:30 AM

Agreed. Let some other person think they are better, then learn about the "real world" when their mocking and name calling fails to achieve anything but their own failure.

Smart move, dude. Smart move.

There is a chance they would send you a letter and try to get you to rollover, but thats about it.

Right now every lawyer and paralegal that knows anything about tech is in patent law. Its blown up over the last 4 years and thats where the money is. It just isn't worth the time with sky rocketing lawyer fees.  Lawyers are $600-800 and its a better use of money to defend yourself or prosecute organizations with legal insurance (libel suits etc).

edit: Or do you mean they will report you to a federal agency? That seems more likely.