• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Heather Wade

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on October 12, 2013, 02:06:29 PM
You live in NY, too, right? Do these ring a bell: Queens Blvd? Liberty Avenue? Every couple of weeks I'll pick up a paper and read about someone getting hit by a car on Queens Blvd. I know Queens Blvd well. It's always very busy, but people customarily ignore the walk signs and dart out into traffic where they're taken down. I've seen really close calls on that road for time and again. I used to have the same problem on Liberty Avenue - they look directly at you while deliberately crossing against the light. It drives me wild, and it's deliberate, a definite power play: "Looka me! I can make you wait! That's my pathetic superpower!"  ::)

Dudes, I don't know about everyone else, but I cross the street a bit slower because I am disabled and every step I take is pain.  They glare at me like the devil.  Well, I am sorry, I am going as fast as I can.  I am not trying to "make you wait", I am just trying to get home alive with my food.  Try walking while having constant stomach pain to do everything you have to do, in the 100 degree heat, and see how fast you walk.

I'd never cross on a green light, though.  That is a messed up thing to do.

Juan

Here, they climb a fence and try to run across an 8-lane expressway.  I remember one guy, the cops had him covered with a sheet, but our photographer zoomed in and we could clearly see the dead guy's hand tightly clutching a half-pint bottle still wrapped in a brown paper bag.

Sardondi

Quote from: BobGrau on October 12, 2013, 04:43:07 PMNewsflash, ma: everyone hates their job. That's why they get paid.
As my 85 year old father, who still works like a slave and who spent 30 years working for GM in a job he hated, said, "If work was fun they'd call it play."

But I have to say I loved my job, and I wish like hell I could still do it.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: BobGrau on October 12, 2013, 04:43:07 PM
Newsflash, ma: everyone hates their job. That's why they get paid.

As she says about her husband "Bobby loves his job"

Leaves out the part about his brother getting it for him and Bobby being a supervisor/boss for 80% of his career.

Quote from: Redacted on October 12, 2013, 04:58:28 PM
Dudes, I don't know about everyone else, but I cross the street a bit slower because I am disabled and every step I take is pain.  They glare at me like the devil.  Well, I am sorry, I am going as fast as I can.  I am not trying to "make you wait", I am just trying to get home alive with my food.  Try walking while having constant stomach pain to do everything you have to do, in the 100 degree heat, and see how fast you walk.

These aren't people who cross when they have the right of way. These are people who can't or won't wait for the light to change and either saunter across the street until the cars lined up miss their light, or else dart into traffic that has no chance of stopping in time to avoid them. I can only speak for me, but I have no problem waiting for someone who's having trouble crossing the street, or someone with a stroller and young kids, or someone who gets stuck when the light changes. Been there myself, but I have a problem with dipshits who think they're invulnerable or who think they can dodge six lanes of traffic in a couple of seconds and cause accidents.

Recognizing that not all disabilities are immediately evident, I still think I'd know when someone is moving slowly through a crosswalk because of pain or infirmity and someone who is purposefully being an arse.  Absolutely, Redacted, if someone is aged, a small child, limping, heavy, obviously in pain, or appears short of breath and otherwise taxed, I'll wait patiently.  We're talking about the in-your-face knuckleheads who know they're doing wrong and get off on it.

Heather Wade

Yeah, ok, I see both of your points, then.  I put myself in the place of a driver, if I was going along, and someone mindlessly attempts crossing traffic, man, I'd be scared of accidentally hitting them!  Which is a whole heap of P.I.T.A. that no one needs.  I see what you're saying & have to agree:  that is a fucktard thing to do.

Especially when people are going way too fast to be able to stop in time. 

I am not obviously disabled.  From a distance, I look fine, if a little slow.  But!  I know I am slow, and will abso-m'f'n-lutely not slow other people's day down because of it.  It is so easy to just rest, and wait until the coast is clear.

Either way, it annoys the hell out of me that other pedestrians are dicks and make us all look bad.
We're just trying to get where we need to go (walkers & drivers); assholes on the sidewalk or the street annoy us all I guess.

Speaking of annoying, I swear to god it sounds like the people who just moved in next door are constantly beating up their couch.  Wtf?  Never heard anything next door for years until this couple moves in... and *boom* *bang* *boom* every half hour!  Through the wee hours of the night too!  They never sleep, they just beat that couch into submission all the time, ha haa.  Poor couch.

Moving is annoying.  But, since the Couch Beaters moved here, I am way beyond glad to be out of this place.  Fuck.  It's gonna hurt like hell, and (there was another *boom*) I may not be able to walk for three or four days after, but it will be so worth (*boom*) it.  Not looking for sympathy, just ranting.  I have it all planned out to the last detail, have no problem taking care of business, but jeezuz fuck, sometimes it's all too much! (*boom*)

Who beats a couch anyway? 

(I may need to rant more later on, lol.)

Is "beating a couch" a euphemism for something?  Who beats a couch?  Could they have kids who are jumping on the damn thing?  Are they having semi-constant sex and slamming the sofa against the wall?

It's such a gift when one has normal, tolerable neighbors....

Cynnie

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 12, 2013, 04:18:36 PM
        That's the speling test for those grads.

I got a ged , then i went to college , hs was just dull and im not down with the politics of high school teachers and their pets 

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Cynnie on October 12, 2013, 07:27:10 PM
I got a ged , then i went to college , hs was just dull and im not down with the politics of high school teachers and their pets

I did too.  I actually quit about a month into 9th grade, took the GED, and was done with it all.

sentence fragments, run-on's, comma splices.  Damn I hate those things why can't people just learn to spelll anyway.  Fragments.  You sound so stupid, comma splices are so annoying to.

Damn, but that was liberating!  I teach developmental English and encounter such writing all the damn time from students.  Actually writing like them for just a moment was actually a little fun.  Sort of.  It is also making my shoulders twitch.  I must resist the urge to go back and edit....

Heather Wade

I want to be one of those normal neighbors.

No, it's not a euphemism for anything.  It really sounds like they are beating the couch up.  Sex or jumping would be rythmic, and this is random, but persistant.  They have no children that I can see.

I've lived at alot of places and never heard anything like this.  It's freakin weird.  Imagine lifting one end of the couch and then dropping it, that's the sound. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Cynnie on October 12, 2013, 07:27:10 PM

The GED program in Boston isn't so hot(or wasn't in April 1991  :-\). I checked it out during my drop out phase as a sophomore and it was rather dire. Scared me back to school.

ItsOver

I was in a mall tonight.  Hey, I'm almost 60 and I was walking faster than well over 50% of others in the mall, with a majority younger than I am.  Fine, you want to obliviously shuffle along but do you have to do it shoulder-to-shoulder with others, taking up most of the walkway?  It would be like folks routinely cruising side-by-side down a freeway in adjacent lanes and blocking others from passing.  Maybe the mall cops should hand out tickets for blocking the passing lane.  Oh, and I'm well under the speed limit while others are well below the minimum speed.  ;)

Cynnie

Quote from: ItsOver on October 12, 2013, 07:44:12 PM
I was in a mall tonight.  Hey, I'm almost 60 and I was walking faster than well over 50% of others in the mall, with a majority younger than I am.  Fine, you want to obliviously shuffle along but do you have to do it shoulder-to-shoulder with others, taking up most of the walkway?  It would be like folks routinely cruising side-by-side down a freeway in adjacent lanes and blocking others from passing.  Maybe the mall cops should hand out tickets for blocking the passing lane.  Oh, and I'm well under the speed limit while others are well below the minimum speed.  ;)

Ugh , i hate malls .
I shop mainly shop online .

Cynnie

Quote from: Redacted on October 12, 2013, 07:34:51 PM
I want to be one of those normal neighbors.

No, it's not a euphemism for anything.  It really sounds like they are beating the couch up.  Sex or jumping would be rythmic, and this is random, but persistant.  They have no children that I can see.

I've lived at alot of places and never heard anything like this.  It's freakin weird.  Imagine lifting one end of the couch and then dropping it, that's the sound.

That is the weirdest thing ive heard today

Something that always strikes me as a little funny is how a lot of us think absolutely nothing about swearing like sailors at strangers in cars (people who never hear us) but would never say something to an actual person moving slowly or in a confused manner in front of us in the aisle of a store.  An old lady driving ten miles under the speed limit?  Oh, I'll sputter a few colorful phrases.  But I would never do so in the frozen food section of our local supermarket to a person who'd actually hear my wrath:  "C'mon, fat-ass, let's go while we're still young!"

ItsOver

Quote from: Cynnie on October 12, 2013, 07:47:18 PM
Ugh , i hate malls .
I shop mainly shop online .

My preference is to shop online, too.  I try to avoid the mall, especially on weekends, but every once in awhile, I break down and make an excursion into zombieland.  I was surprised how crowded the mall was tonight.  The Apple store was packed with the younger crowd, playing with the new gizmos.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Cynnie on October 12, 2013, 07:48:31 PM
That is the weirdest thing ive heard today

Thought you might get a kick out of it.  I have to laugh too, because it's such odd behavior.  But then, I tend to attract strangeness in life. 

Cynnie

Quote from: Redacted on October 12, 2013, 07:53:03 PM
Thought you might get a kick out of it.  I have to laugh too, because it's such odd behavior.  But then, I tend to attract strangeness in life.

Ooo..whats the strangest thing you've ever attracted ?

Quote from: Redacted on October 12, 2013, 07:34:51 PM

You know what would be really weird? If someone calls in on Spooky Matters night about a couch that inexplicably makes noises like someone's pounding it. Holy carp, that would be it for me.   :o

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Cynnie on October 12, 2013, 07:58:59 PM

Well, I was an altar boy for a few years...

Cynnie

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 12, 2013, 08:11:44 PM
        Well, I was an altar boy for a few years...

Hahahaha!

Heather Wade

Quote from: Cynnie on October 12, 2013, 07:58:59 PM

So many things, ha haa.  I'd have to say some of the strangest things are  1. The full apparition of a ghost, 2. Witches in my life right when I need them, 3. I bought a haunted car once (the haunting witnessed by many)  Just off the top, lol.  The UFO & the NDE were some 'high strangeness' as LMH would put it.  I don't even know where to start.

Seriously, my life is so weird, I'm workin on a book about it.   :D

Heather Wade

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on October 12, 2013, 08:07:36 PM
You know what would be really weird? If someone calls in on Spooky Matters night about a couch that inexplicably makes noises like someone's pounding it. Holy carp, that would be it for me.   :o

You made me laugh so hard, it hurts!  Haunted couch!  That's what it is!  Always ask before you buy a couch if it's haunted.  Always.  You could end up with The Devil's Couch.  lmao

Nothing's more annoying than a haunted couch.

Eddie Coyle

I wish John Wayne Gacy would arise from the dead just to do away with the kid from Google "Glossophobia" ads.

bateman

Quote from: Redacted on October 12, 2013, 04:58:28 PM

I have all the patience in the world for someone who's disabled. Or an older person who's taking their time. I'll sit there & wait, doesn't bother me. I'm talking about the people who are, as Unscreened Caller said, "sauntering" across the street WHILE THE DO NOT WALK SIGN IS LIT & I HAVE A GREEN LIGHT.

Cynnie

Sometimes punk ass kids ( specially in the south) will run out in the road just to fuck with drivers ..
I've always wanted to just floor it and squash them like bugs .

Cept for the whole murder charge thing

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Cynnie on October 13, 2013, 07:37:09 PM
Sometimes punk ass kids ( specially in the south) will run out in the road just to fuck with drivers ..
I've always wanted to just floor it and squash them like bugs .

Cept for the whole murder charge thing

Not murder if nobody saw it  :-X

casioson

Google chrome updating every week...

People who post comments on my Girls generation blog calling me a "FAG"....

Like Really???

calling me that for liking a band that all their members are beautifull woman?

I would love to track there I.P addresses and pay them a little visit!