• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

PC x NPC - Celebrating inner speech and pattern recognition.

Started by malachi.martini, October 11, 2018, 04:55:31 PM

Gd5150

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 19, 2018, 11:22:09 AM
Obama used it an awful lot.

I’ve always associated it with Sarah Palin. If NPCs were to use have it implemented into their programming I would assume it was done so to mock her/middle America, the people who use the term. Like “y’all”.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 19, 2018, 12:24:33 PM
I’ve always associated it with Sarah Palin. If NPCs were to use it I would assume they were doing so to mock her/middle America, the people who use it. Like “y’all”.

I know you get it but for the NPCs that don’t that’s a contraction for you all. ;)

Gd5150

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 19, 2018, 12:26:12 PM
Or the eponymous "guys"...

Californians say “you guys”. Texans say “y’all”. I could never use the term y’all, but it’s much easier to say so I would say Texas wins this one.

Gd5150

NorCal people say hella. Like that’s hella cool. SoCal people hate it. Haha! Socallers put a “The” in front of fwy/hwy names. Take the 405. Take the 5 etc... NorCal, it’s just take 680 to 580. No “The”.

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 19, 2018, 11:26:08 AM
That explains it, then.  Thanks.

"folks" == "fools, k"

When normal humans hear this talking point, they think they mean, "oh, me, and my family, and my neighbors," but The Echthroi are actually talking about chattel.

Change my mind.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Jackstar on October 20, 2018, 12:17:46 AM
"folks" == "fools, k"

When normal humans hear this talking point, they think they mean, "oh, me, and my family, and my neighbors," but The Echthroi are actually talking about chattel.

Change my mind.

It's the original Germanic (though I have issues with that classification since Germany didn't exist and is a Latin-derived exonym anyway) word replaced in English, in most senses, by the Latinate "people".  Unless you are trying to be folksy, which reveals the status loss suffered by so many native words at the hands of our toadying linguistic forbears, who were only too happy to drive shiny foreign imports.  I'd suggest it's this innate inferiority complex the Echthroi mean to exploit.

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 20, 2018, 12:39:19 AM
It's the original Germanic (though I have issues with that classification since Germany didn't exist and is a Latin-derived exonym anyway) word replaced in English, in most senses, by the Latinate "people".

Well, of course. Every educated person knows that.

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 20, 2018, 12:39:19 AM
I'd suggest it's this innate inferiority complex the Echthroi mean to exploit.

Exploitation is all they know.

Jackstar

Found in the wild. I left it unchanged, so you could have a taste of your people.

Gd5150

An informative and enlightening round table discussion on the peer review process at the University of Kekistan. Hilarious stuff.

https://youtu.be/CWU9pGeS2EA

Gd5150

This 1 guy is owning a whole crowd of NPCs. So damn funny. And he sounds Russian lmao!

https://youtu.be/weq_7bYko2Y

Gd5150

He’s got his own channel “The squatting Slav”. This guy is totally awesome. Lmao!

https://youtu.be/qs0dAh4kjI4

Metron2267

"Mr. Rainbows is quite mad that I'm asking people questions here..."

:D ;D :D

Classic!

Jackstar

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 27, 2018, 04:54:57 PM
"Mr. Rainbows is quite mad that I'm asking people questions here..."

Hey look, it's frontin' like it has exogenous authority. Classic.

Metron2267

Quote from: Jackstar on October 28, 2018, 11:26:57 PM
Hey look, it's frontin' like it has exogenous authority. Classic.

Hey look, the ego diaper is filling up...

It will be so epic when heroic FBI man arrests bad orange man.

: ^ |

Gd5150

Mueller writing final report. That’s when he’s going to revleal all the Russia collusions. :v|

Metron2267

https://truepundit.com/white-house-trump-is-floating-the-clintons-worst-nightmare-as-jeff-sessions-replacement-to-run-doj/

Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, and their cohorts should be very worried if President Trump pulls the trigger on the current replacement he is floating among White House insiders to replace embattled Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

A known foe of the Clinton’s, former FBI Director Louis Freeh is being considered to replace Jeff Sessions as U.S. Attorney General, according to White House insiders.

Dr. MD MD

For days I’ve been looking at this guy where I’m working thinking that he looked familiar but I knew I didn’t actually know him from anywhere. Then today it hit me. This guy is almost the real life spitting image of the NPC meme guy. I swear to God that if they were casting for a NPC movie this guy would be anyone’s first choice. The resemblance is truly uncanny.