• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Smiley-Face Killer

Started by Albemuth, May 06, 2015, 07:56:20 AM

Albemuth

I remember first hearing about this on an Ian Punnett edition of Coast some years ago â€" and now with spring time here in the Midwest we once again have a spate of hard-to-fathom incidents of college students drowning in rivers late at night.  There is a theory that the killer(s) looks for lone, drunken kids at bar closing time (typically white males) in college towns near rivers â€" and then helps them into the river. Vans, beatings and quick-acting hypodermics have been mentioned, along with the chalked smiley faces found on walls and bridges nearby… If law enforcement never takes it seriously â€" then the killer(s) continue to get a free pass every time…so the theory goes…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley_face_murder_theory

https://www.facebook.com/SmileyFaceKillers

albrecht

Quote from: Albemuth on May 06, 2015, 07:56:20 AM
I remember first hearing about this on an Ian Punnett edition of Coast some years ago â€" and now with spring time here in the Midwest we once again have a spate of hard-to-fathom incidents of college students drowning in rivers late at night.  There is a theory that the killer(s) looks for lone, drunken kids at bar closing time (typically white males) in college towns near rivers â€" and then helps them into the river. Vans, beatings and quick-acting hypodermics have been mentioned, along with the chalked smiley faces found on walls and bridges nearby… If law enforcement never takes it seriously â€" then the killer(s) continue to get a free pass every time…so the theory goes…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley_face_murder_theory

https://www.facebook.com/SmileyFaceKillers
For some reason the MSM is beginning to have articles on this.  Edit: because there is a new tv show about the theory.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-a-serial-killer-gang-murdering-young-men-across-the-us

Nucky Nolan

The Daily Beast web site just posted a good story about this. I was on the fence, but I then somewhat leaned to there being something to it. Some witnesses saw suspicious individuals and vehicles, and some of the logistics made it seem unlikely that drunk or high guys would head straight to the shore when there were myriad barriers in their paths. I'd like to know the number of identical drowning deaths, of healthy but impaired young men, before this phenomenon made the country's headlines.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 20, 2019, 07:35:19 PM
The Daily Beast web site just posted a good story about this. I was on the fence, but I then somewhat leaned to there being something to it. Some witnesses saw suspicious individuals and vehicles, and some of the logistics made it seem unlikely that drunk or high guys would head straight to the shore when there were myriad barriers in their paths. I'd like to know the number of identical drowning deaths, of healthy but impaired young men, before this phenomenon made the country's headlines.

Ikr

Your mom could’ve drown you but she let you live instead. Crazy! :D

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 20, 2019, 07:35:19 PM

Ian Punnett had the woman who wrote that "Daily Beast" story on C2C last night for the first hour.  Good interview.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 20, 2019, 07:48:49 PM
Ian Punnett had the woman who wrote that "Daily Beast" story on C2C last night for the first hour.  Good interview.
mm

Thanks Uncle! Listening. I, as devil's advocate, drunken guys do risky things. But some of things are suspect.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 20, 2019, 07:48:49 PM

I regret missing that one. His past shows, on the subject, are very informative. I go back and forth on the validity of the theory, but I think that there's something to it. Evidently, the team won't reveal certain symbols, at the alleged crime scenes, that may link the crimes.

albrecht

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 21, 2019, 06:53:18 PM
I regret missing that one. His past shows, on the subject, are very informative. I go back and forth on the validity of the theory, but I think that there's something to it. Evidently, the team won't reveal certain symbols, at the alleged crime scenes, that may link the crimes.
Ian's pet-theory appears to be that it is "Insel?" guys (that term might not be spelled correctly) but, basically out of shape internet nerds who aren't getting laid and are taking out their frustration on successful members of their generation. I guess similar motivation for some of the school shootings but organized online on the....."dark web" and using a cellular structure like far-left terrorists of the 70s or the Muslims of today with not organized leadership per so but, like some "white power" folks suggested leaderless cells and/or lone-wolf attacks. Seems a bit fantastical to me. But some of the people involved had solid LEO background. But there also is the problem, as I see it, that the "victim/target" list is being expanded- now, apparently women and even homosexuals?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on January 21, 2019, 07:02:09 PM
Ian's pet-theory appears to be that it is "Insel?" guys (that term might not be spelled correctly) but, basically out of shape internet nerds who aren't getting laid and are taking out their frustration on successful members of their generation. I guess similar motivation for some of the school shootings but organized online on the....."dark web" and using a cellular structure like far-left terrorists of the 70s or the Muslims of today with not organized leadership per so but, like some "white power" folks suggested leaderless cells and/or lone-wolf attacks. Seems a bit fantastical to me. But some of the people involved had solid LEO background. But there also is the problem, as I see it, that the "victim/target" list is being expanded- now, apparently women and even homosexuals?

"Incel"....involuntary celibate.  Had never heard that term until Ian used it.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 21, 2019, 07:20:07 PM
Thanks. Strange. Clearly frustration of whatever type can lead to violence and mental conditions, so I guess plausible. I think one of the California shooters was claiming this excuse. But as an organized cell and now the target group is expanding. Somewhat a Texas Sharpshooter fallacy. But, then again, it is a strange world and who knows.

Sometimes I wonder about Ian though. He seems to have knowledge of a lot of the weirdness out there on the interwebs and fringe social groups. Like he made an odd statement on a recent show about political blackmail alleged when some politicians went to Mexico as a "donkey show." Not to a mistress, a hot senorita on the side, a prostitute, or even some homo deal but speculated bestiality, as first option scenario?

Going to have to look for last night's show then.  Interesting stuff.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: albrecht on January 21, 2019, 07:02:09 PM

I won't give in to the temptation to make a cheap and obvious joke. That aside, this phenomenon predates the incel, as well as MGTOW, nonsense. If Ian's theory had legs, Tom Brady would no longer be with us. My guess is that the killers, if they indeed exist, are garden variety evil creeps who may have a preferred flavor of victims.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 21, 2019, 07:20:07 PM

It's a Millennial word used by guys with little to no self esteem. It could be that they should work on their whininess more than their appearance.

Metron2267

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 21, 2019, 07:32:00 PM
If Ian's theory had legs, Tom Brady would no longer be with us.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/laser-appears-to-be-pointed-in-tom-bradys-face-during-afc-title-game-against-kansas-city-chiefs/25983371

https://twitter.com/WilliamKMBC/status/1087467244890869761/video/1
Our photographer, Turner Twyman, caught someone pointing what appears to be a laser pointer in Tom Brady's face last night. Play between the "muff" that wasn't and Sorensen int. @NFL, @Patriots and @Chiefs all told me they weren't aware of the incident.

Ciardelo

Quote from: albrecht on January 21, 2019, 07:28:35 PM
Thanks. Strange. Clearly frustration of whatever type can lead to violence and mental conditions, so I guess plausible. I think one of the California shooters was claiming this excuse. But as an organized cell and now the target group is expanding. Somewhat a Texas Sharpshooter fallacy. But, then again, it is a strange world and who knows.

Sometimes I wonder about Ian though. He seems to have knowledge of a lot of the weirdness out there on the interwebs and fringe social groups. Like he made an odd statement on a recent show about political blackmail alleged when some politicians went to Mexico as a "donkey show." Not to a mistress, a hot senorita on the side, a prostitute, or even some homo deal but speculated bestiality, as first option scenario?
I love Ian dearly (no homo) but I'll wager that he was speculating about other-than-liberal-democrat politicians. He has a HUGE political bias.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 22, 2019, 01:17:02 PM
https://www.wcvb.com/article/laser-appears-to-be-pointed-in-tom-bradys-face-during-afc-title-game-against-kansas-city-chiefs/25983371

https://twitter.com/WilliamKMBC/status/1087467244890869761/video/1
Our photographer, Turner Twyman, caught someone pointing what appears to be a laser pointer in Tom Brady's face last night. Play between the "muff" that wasn't and Sorensen int. @NFL, @Patriots and @Chiefs all told me they weren't aware of the incident.

I just saw a segment about that. Maybe I spoke too soon about Brady not being a victim of the Smiley Face cabal of incels with grudges.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 22, 2019, 05:47:57 PM
I love Ian dearly (no homo) but I'll wager that he was speculating about other-than-liberal-democrat politicians. He has a HUGE political bias.

He's a progressive Episcopalian old school SJW who has an obsession with racism. A caller once said that genes explain why there are two brothers who play QB in pro football. Ian called him a racist. The guy was talking about Peyton and Eli Manning.

albrecht

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 22, 2019, 07:06:32 PM
He's a progressive Episcopalian old school SJW who has an obsession with racism. A caller once said that genes explain why there are two brothers who play QB in pro football. Ian called him a racist. The guy was talking about Peyton and Eli Manning.
Yep, he hates certain subjects and callers. And definitely hates any conspiracy talk or any hints of anti-joose, racist, or anti-Catholic/Jesuit stuff. And seems to defend Satanists and all kind of new-agey stuff. The way he talks on some subjects one wonders if he even believes in God, except in some new-agey "presence" way, which seemed odd to me considering his degree and position in the church. Having said that he still has some good shows. He also seems fascinated with crime, drinking, and sexual deviance etc.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: albrecht on January 22, 2019, 07:16:27 PM
Yep, he hates certain subjects and callers. And definitely hates any conspiracy talk or any hints of anti-joose, racist, or anti-Catholic/Jesuit stuff. And seems to defend Satanists and all kind of new-agey stuff. The way he talks on some subjects one wonders if he even believes in God, except in some new-agey "presence" way, which seemed odd to me considering his degree and position in the church. Having said that he still has some good shows. He also seems fascinated with crime, drinking, and sexual deviance etc.

That's a bit ironic. He seems cool with a conspiracy that involves jealous nerds and wimps who nurtured a homicidal rage against athletes and scholars. Maybe Dr MD is in that cult. He seems to fit the profile, but he tends to be a killer *of* smiley faces on the forum.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on January 22, 2019, 07:16:27 PM
seems to defend Satanists

To be fair, these people have every right to believe and worship as they please--just as adherents to other belief systems have every right to burn them at the fucking stake when they get out of line.