• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Broad Cast

Started by Inglorious Bitch, November 17, 2016, 08:48:23 AM

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 09, 2016, 09:40:58 AM
Yes, the Thelma and Louise of podcasting
You're just lucky we didn't call you at 3am England time.

"You're in bed? Oh. What are you wearing?"

It's a good thing we didn't ask Yorkie that. The answer may have been x rated.  :P

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 09, 2016, 09:50:15 AM

It's a good thing we didn't ask Yorkie that. The answer may have been x rated.  :P

I don't answer that late, I don't run a cab service like Yorkie.

I could have told you what he was wearing anyway, since we share the same tent. It's usually a pair of Superman PJs, unless I  can persuade him out of them once in a while.

Yorkshire pud

Some things are best passed over in polite silence, but I felt I owed it to my loyal readers to give this thing another listen. Yes, the Thelma and Louise of podcasting (jaz and Red are the Siegfried and Roy, of course) were given another show, despite my vehement protests. The best I can say is that it was the most shambolic episode of cacophonous balls it has ever been my misfortune to sit through. The person now referring to herself as 'Ibby' demonstrated all the broadcasting skills of a drinking fountain, but that not's surprising considering that most of the time she takes calls it's from some grunting senior asking herself what she's wearing.

I can't give a detailed precis of what went on because I must have passed out after about ten minutes, but I came to briefly to hear some person from the north of England (allegedly) telling us all about great child murders of the twentieth century.  I can't wait for next week, when perhaps we'll be treated to a pen portrait of the Stalinist purges, or Bergen-Belsen.

If you hadn't insisted I delete your telephone number, I'd have called you up. Then we could regale the audience with our adventures in Reykjavik back in 2008, that had a bar bill only matched by the tips to the lap dancing troupe. Happy times.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 09, 2016, 09:50:15 AM

X rated? A little French number; au naturale. (geddit?)

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 09, 2016, 10:01:57 AM
If you hadn't insisted I delete your telephone number, I'd have called you up. Then we could regale the audience with our adventures in Reykjavik back in 2008, that had a bar bill only matched by the tips to the lap dancing troupe. Happy times.

In what was rather a strange coincidence, the lap dancers were all from Lapland. Lapp lap dancers were too much for me to handle, especially as they were rather on the bountiful side, but I know you have always been a fiendish chubby chaser.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 09, 2016, 10:03:15 AM
X rated? A little French number; au naturale. (geddit?)
LOL, that's what I was afraid of!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 09, 2016, 10:01:06 AM

I could have told you what he was wearing anyway, since we share the same tent. It's usually a pair of Superman PJs, unless I  can persuade him out of them once in a while.

At least give me chance to take em off and get the carpet beater on them, so they're more flexible.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 09, 2016, 10:04:45 AM
rather on the bountiful side, but I know you have always been a fiendish chubby chaser.
I hear sweet Kathy needs a job.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 09, 2016, 10:04:45 AM
In what was rather a strange coincidence, the lap dancers were all from Lapland. Lapp lap dancers were too much for me to handle, especially as they were rather on the bountiful side, but I know you have always been a fiendish chubby chaser.

The reindeer were an inspired prop. But sadly they starved to death because the stupid herder neglected to bring food and forgot Iceland is barren.

I`m calling The Donald. It appears that a full 2/3s of the posters currently on the thread are ferners! Limey ferners, at that!

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 09, 2016, 10:08:21 AM
I`m calling The Donald. It appears that a full 2/3s of the posters currently on the thread are ferners! Limey ferners, at that!
This morning I heard that song by Sting with the lyrics "I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien, I'm an Englishman in New York."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d27gTrPPAyk

Yorkshire pud

Tell him too, we can flog him a knock off Airforce One. Low milage, one careful owner.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 09, 2016, 10:09:33 AM
This morning I heard that song by Sting with the lyrics "I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien, I'm an Englishman in New York."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d27gTrPPAyk

Awesome song, IB. Of course, I`m a Sting fan from early The Police days. BTW, is it possible to love NY and yet have NO desire to actually ever be there?

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 09, 2016, 10:17:52 AM
BTW, is it possible to love NY and yet have NO desire to actually ever be there?
That's how I feel every day.  :o

2/3 of The Donald's wives have been foreigners.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 09, 2016, 10:51:13 AM
2/3 of the Donald's wives have been foreigners.

He gets rid when the cosmetic surgery can't keep up. Not that he's shallow.

chefist

Some things are best passed over in polite silence, but I felt I owed it to my loyal readers to give this thing another listen. Yes, the Thelma and Louise of podcasting (jaz and Red are the Siegfried and Roy, of course) were given another show, despite my vehement protests. The best I can say is that it was the most shambolic episode of cacophonous balls it has ever been my misfortune to sit through. The person now referring to herself as 'Ibby' demonstrated all the broadcasting skills of a drinking fountain, but that not's surprising considering that most of the time she takes calls it's from some grunting senior asking herself what she's wearing.

I can't give a detailed precis of what went on because I must have passed out after about ten minutes, but I came to briefly to hear some person from the north of England (allegedly) telling us all about great child murders of the twentieth century.  I can't wait for next week, when perhaps we'll be treated to a pen portrait of the Stalinist purges, or Bergen-Belsen.

They offer competitive vacation packages there...

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 09, 2016, 10:07:26 AM
The reindeer were an inspired prop. But sadly they starved to death because the stupid herder neglected to bring food and forgot Iceland is barren.
There are wild reindeer in Iceland and on even more forboding islands further north. They love to eat lichen and also will eat grasses, mushrooms, berries, etc (and places unlike Iceland where there are more trees eat leaves etc) it is claimed they will even resort to small mammals if needed. What I've always wondered is why the Native population in N.America not domesticate them as the Sami did in N.Europe and natives in Asia? I know there was a modern attempt to import domesticated reindeer to Alaska to try to improve the economy of the natives. Not sure on the success.

Lilith

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 09, 2016, 10:01:06 AM

You must have spotted my 31" Superman doll in my most recent video  ;D

WOTR

Some things are best passed over in polite silence...
Your'e just jealous because they took YP's call and declined the long distance charges to talk with you.  ;)

WOTR

Jaz did call in last week, didn't he?  :'(

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: WOTR on December 11, 2016, 04:24:00 PM
Jaz did call in last week, didn't he?  :'(

Yes, and that's why they'll never be another BC; he ruined their brand. Typical.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 11, 2016, 05:53:07 PM
Yes, and that's why they'll never be another BC; he ruined their brand. Typical.
One more shoe on the wall.

starrmtn001

Quote from: WOTR on December 11, 2016, 06:28:21 PM
I had assumed that he notched his bedpost.
He probably does that too.

Excellent show, girls. Was hoping you all would have a show tonight but 'tis the season when things are crazy.  Catch you all later. :D :D

Oh the Broad Cast is still a thing. It's just that it takes 3 people (Chine, Curtis and me) and depending on people's schedules/work/family obligations, there may or may  not be a weekly show, but that's what we are working towards.  :D

damon

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 11, 2016, 08:00:22 PM
Oh the Broad Cast is still a thing. It's just that it takes 3 people (Chine, Curtis and me) and depending on people's schedules/work/family obligations, there may or may  not be a weekly show, but that's what we are working towards.  :D
When is the next most awesome show??