• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Evelyn "the witch" Paglini

Started by Pirate King Atomsk, November 16, 2008, 07:53:28 PM

Do you think Evelyn Paglini is...

A self-absorbed fake moron
34 (31.8%)
Somewhat interesting, but generally annoying and totally fake.
18 (16.8%)
Truly interesting, but probably fake.
23 (21.5%)
She isn't fake. She's for real, and a good guest!
21 (19.6%)
A demonic witch. Don't listen to her shows or you might turn into a gremlin.
11 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Chine

I'm definitely calling in when she's on next week.

The General

Quote from: Chine on October 11, 2013, 02:10:02 PM
I'm definitely calling in when she's on next week.
what what what?!
She's on next week?
Awesome!

Heather Wade

I don't see Paglini on the schedule.   :'(

Chine

Quote from: Redacted on October 11, 2013, 03:34:16 PM
I don't see Paglini on the schedule.   :'(

I was ahead of myself. She's scheduled for Oct. 22. She posted it on her fb page. Just noticed Loyd Auerbach is on Monday. I've spoken to him a few times over the years on the phone while writing on parapsychology.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Chine on October 11, 2013, 05:36:15 PM
I was ahead of myself. She's scheduled for Oct. 22. She posted it on her fb page. Just noticed Loyd Auerbach is on Monday. I've spoken to him a few times over the years on the phone while writing on parapsychology.

I'm not on fb, thanks for the info!!!!!

Chine, if that's your dog in your avatar, she's beautiful.

I am looking forward to the sweet, dulcet tones of Evelyn Paglini who, no doubt, will try to see some special oil while she's on the show.

Chine

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on October 12, 2013, 03:12:19 PM
Chine, if that's your dog in your avatar, she's beautiful.

I am looking forward to the sweet, dulcet tones of Evelyn Paglini who, no doubt, will try to see some special oil while she's on the show.

Yes, he's out of a litter my mother bred. Ha, yes, she's already offered a special deal on an oil when she posted her Dark Matter appearance.

albrecht

I'm happy to see that Ms.Paglini is keeping up the Dreamland/C2C and now Dark Matter tradition and still has a website, like all other guests throughout history, that looks mid-1990's and designed by a high-schooler with a free geocities software or something. Buy that essential oil so she can be first to upgrade!

Heather Wade

Quote from: Chine on October 12, 2013, 09:36:21 AM
Midnight Margaritas that night!

Practical Magic - Midnight Margaritas

You got it!!! 

It'll be the happy dance of all happy dances for me because that is my first night at my new (awesome) place.  Evelyn has been a great help to me in making this move happen, so it is only fitting that she is on Dark Matter that night!

Oh, oh, oh, it's magic!  Ha haa, couldn't resist. 

Now if we can just get Laurie Cabot on Dark Matter...  8)

Quote from: Chine on October 12, 2013, 03:25:03 PM
Yes, he's out of a litter my mother bred. Ha, yes, she's already offered a special deal on an oil when she posted her Dark Matter appearance.

Oops, *he* (don't tell him!). Really a spectacular dog. I used to see them a lot in Washington Square Park back in the day but now it's retrievers and labs mostly.

Back on topic: Heh, heh and would that be oil of snake? I do have to say I enjoy her appearances a lot. She has an unforgettable  smoker's voice, and her picture doesn't match how I visualize her, but damn, she can really be convincing when she's full steam.

Spinner

Tonight I'm listening to SIT. Evelyn Paglini is the guest.
I don't know why but, so far, my favorite quote of the night is:
"... little balloons of black salt."

Heather Wade

Quote from: Spinner on October 12, 2013, 08:38:10 PM
Tonight I'm listening to SIT. Evelyn Paglini is the guest.
I don't know why but, so far, my favorite quote of the night is:
"... little balloons of black salt."

Have fun, that was a great show!  One of my all time favs.

Spinner

Quote from: Redacted on October 12, 2013, 08:50:03 PM
Have fun, that was a great show!  One of my all time favs.
Yes, it's a god show. I wish I had it in my collection. I thought I did, so I didn't think to record it. But nope, can't find it in my computer.
I hope someone is recording it.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Spinner on October 12, 2013, 08:57:17 PM

Yes, it's a god show. I wish I had it in my collection. I thought I did, so I didn't think to record it. But nope, can't find it in my computer.
I hope someone is recording it.

I have it if you would like it.

Spinner

The SIT show is over.
The last hour was quite disturbing.  Yikes :o

shell88

Pagalini is not someone I take seriously.  I know I can't stand her voice - and just that voice alone makes me suspicious of her. I can see her in some dark, cheesy shop wearing a gaudy outfit that's too tight.  Her hair is dyed black, and she's got way too much mascara, lipstick and face makeup on. She's sitting at a small table that's covered with a velvet dark purple table cloth. A crystal ball sits there and a deck of tarot cards. Weird bells and shells hang about. Maybe a few rubber chickens too.There's a sign on the door "Tarot Readings 200 dollars". She does her thing then gives you some charms and chants a few lines, then rings a few bells.  I wouldn't go to her for any advice - not even if she was my neighbour and it was free. I'm rather leery of her actually.
  She's okay entertainment though. I have enjoyed it that way, when she's been on with Art. 

Chine

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on October 12, 2013, 06:12:32 PM
Oops, *he* (don't tell him!). Really a spectacular dog. I used to see them a lot in Washington Square Park back in the day but now it's retrievers and labs mostly.

I bet I know those dogs you saw, or who the breeder was. We've been in the 'dog world', Afghans since the 60s. It's a small world. Like figure skating or horse world. Also, lived in Nyc many years. This coming Westminster, one of my paintings will be on display. Oh...yeah, staying on topic. I'm pretty well educated on it all and respect it. What system of 'magic' works for one is individual. And 'belief' in our paths of creating. I don't have shelves of oils and 'stuff'. I have used them. Yet, the focus and energy comes from me.  A Lakota holy elder at Pineridge reservation reminded me, that even a stone on your journey can be 'magic' to you. Just as one of my favorite paintbrushes or a palette knife. Or an old loveletter from my husband, a dog's collar. The energy can produce something for me personally. Does that mean I expect my experience to be congruent to anothers? Heck no. As an artist, I know energy, vibration of color. There's an amazing book on the history of Red. This is a magical tool to the artist. I'm rambling here and again, it doesn't have make sense or be reality for another. That is silly to expect. So, I'd rather my money be spent on a tube of oil (ha) paint then the other oil. If there's no energetic interest or intent behind it...no magic.

That's pretty amazing, Chine, you probably do know the Afghan breeders. Those particular dogs were out and about in WSP in the mid to late sixties, and every time they made an appearance, people would go crazy over how beautiful they were. I don't remember much about the owners, though, but the dogs made a big impression.

Last night Evelyn Paglini was on SiT, and I enjoyed the show a lot. I know Ramona used to practice the craft, and Art was mightily respectful of it and her, and Evelyn. I can't help liking Paglini, self-appointed 'doctor' that she is. If she was introduced into the Italian strega at 4, then this has been her entire life, and she's well versed in it.

I agree with Chine. I think there is power in objects, and there's power in us, too. Paglini is all about empowerment. In her case it's from practicing the craft, but each person will have a different frame of reference or different path. I think what I liked about her practice is that it's all about mindfulness, which is something echoed in Buddhism. You don't cast a spell without binding possible disastrous effects. That seems like mindfulness to me, or at least, being aware of the deeper intent. Now I'm rambling, too, but like all great Art interviews, I took something out of this old show. I'm looking forward to their next go-round.

area51drone

Art said on the Oct 14 show that he thought Evelyn was the most correct psychic/predictor ever on his show!

FallenSeraph

I dunno. I think she's awesome though. I'm not buying what she's selling â€" well, actually about 10 years ago I DID buy a CD, a pendant and some mystical blend oils from her â€" but I think she's entertaining as hell. CAN'T WAIT.

Please God, just don't let her have a new sidekick named Chunga or anything equally lame.

I hope she casts a banishing spell on Chunga.

juanelo

Baby oil and candles will protect you against juju and shit ::)

Quote from: Wintermute on October 22, 2013, 08:29:18 AM
I know who she is, but what is she a doctor of?

PhD in unfiltered tobacconry, University of Marlboro

grano salis

Quote from: Seraphim27 on October 22, 2013, 09:02:20 AM
I dunno. I think she's awesome though. I'm not buying what she's selling â€" well, actually about 10 years ago I DID buy a CD, a pendant and some mystical blend oils from her â€" but I think she's entertaining as hell. CAN'T WAIT.

Please God, just don't let her have a new sidekick named Chunga or anything equally lame.

I like Evelyn too.  I am looking forward to tonight!

JimAlmquist

I've been waiting for this Witch since DM started. I figured it be sometime in October if at all. Thank You A.B.