• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Pragmier

Earl Weaver passed away. He was the Orioles manager in their heyday. They were the 1st sports team I followed and the Earl of Baltimore never failed to put on a good show. I miss those days  :(

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Pragmier on January 19, 2013, 05:37:34 PM
Earl Weaver passed away. He was the Orioles manager in their heyday. They were the 1st sports team I followed and the Earl of Baltimore never failed to put on a good show. I miss those days  :(
Truly a type of manager who is extinct these days, especially in his dealings with the press. His flip outs were awesome. Always found it weird, almost perverse that after all those years of being so close, but never winning a World Series after '70, they win one in Joe Altobelli's first year.

**  Stan the man Musial also died today. Uh oh, since "they go in threes" I'm thinking that either Tommy Lasorda or Willie Mays should probably get their things in order.

McPhallus

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 19, 2013, 07:27:04 PM
     **  Stan the man Musial also died today. Uh oh, since "they go in threes" I'm thinking that either Tommy Lasorda or Willie Mays should probably get their things in order.

This reminds me that I actually have a ball autographed by Musial that my dad got way back when.

I just saw this too. I am sorry to hear about both Earl Weaver and Stan Musial passing away.

Truly a type of manager who is extinct these days, especially in his dealings with the press. His flip outs were awesome. Always found it weird, almost perverse that after all those years of being so close, but never winning a World Series after '70, they win one in Joe Altobelli's first year.

Well, isn't Yogi Berra older than either Mays or Lasorda?  And in show business, how is that Clint Eastwood is 82 and Mickey Rooney is even alive?  Wasn't Rooney acting (as a child, but still) in the 30's whereas Eastwood was a handsome young kid in the early 60's? 

Could it be a portal?  ;D

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: West of the Rockies on January 19, 2013, 08:34:32 PM
Well, isn't Yogi Berra older than either Mays or Lasorda?  And in show business, how is that Clint Eastwood is 82 and Mickey Rooney is even alive?  Wasn't Rooney acting (as a child, but still) in the 30's whereas Eastwood was a handsome young kid in the early 60's? 

Could it be a portal?  ;D

Yes, he is older than both.
      And I forgot he was alive(88 in May..if). Sorry, Yogi.

Sardondi

.....**  Stan the man Musial also died today. Uh oh, since "they go in threes" I'm thinking that either Tommy Lasorda or Willie Mays should probably get their things in order.

Awwww, man. What a classy, classy guy. I'd look to Yogi.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on January 19, 2013, 10:59:48 PM
Awwww, man. What a classy, classy guy.

And unlike his contemporaries like Ted Williams and Joe D, Musial was actually an exemplary person off the ballfield.

Though, Ted Williams would have been better off being raised by wolves than the parents he was stuck with, so his deficiencies do have a root cause.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 19, 2013, 11:45:07 PM
      And unlike his contemporaries like Ted Williams and Joe D, Musial was actually an exemplary person off the ballfield.

Though, Ted Williams would have been better off being raised by wolves than the parents he was stuck with, so his deficiencies do have a root cause.

Yeah, The Splinter and The Clipper were specifically in mind when I spoke about Musial's grace and dignity. Williams and DiMaggio were such small, alienated and angry men off the field; DiMaggio apparently warped by fame and Williams by, I dunno, birth perhaps. They were unlike Musial, who was truly a man in full, a decent middle American who had the maturity and self-control to have succeeded at anything he set his mind to.

Pragmier

As an Oriole fan, I grew to hate the Pirates for many years. I mean c'mon, they did it twice !?!?

Reports out that Mickey Rourke died in a snowboarding accident this morning.  Can't say I'm astonished; he led a pretty high-risk life, didn't he?

Well, now it appears that Mickey Rourke is NOT dead; instead, it was an English footballer named Miki Rouque who died.  Thanks internet rumor-mongerers....

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: West of the Rockies on January 23, 2013, 01:55:17 PM
Well, now it appears that Mickey Rourke is NOT dead; instead, it was an English footballer named Miki Rouque who died.  Thanks internet rumor-mongerers....
Johnny Handsome 2 can still be made. Cool.

ItsOver

Quote from: West of the Rockies on January 23, 2013, 01:42:42 PM
Reports out that Mickey Rourke died in a snowboarding accident this morning...... 

Whew that was close.... it would still beat dying in a pizza roll accident.

Morgus

that sounds like a similar case that Noory nearly got fooled by a few weeks ago when a Larry L. King died, and Noory's daughter though it was the ex-CNN talk show host Larry King...

Sardondi

Well, now it appears that Mickey Rourke is NOT dead; instead, it was an English footballer named Miki Rouque who died....

Speaking as one who was repulsed by Mickey Rourke back when he still resembled a human, and who simply has no words to describe the immense loathing with which the creature known by that name fills him today, I can only say, "What a shame."

ChewMouse

Quote from: Sardondi on January 23, 2013, 04:54:52 PM
Speaking as one who was repulsed by Mickey Rourke back when he still resembled a human, and who simply has no words to describe the immense loathing with which the creature known by that name fills him today, I can only say, "What a shame."
Mickey Rourke has those fake cheekbones in his face.

I worry what the aliens think of us, I really do.

Quote from: ChewMouse on January 23, 2013, 05:10:18 PM

I think we're the Honey BooBoo of the universe!  (And I can't believe I actually know who that is!  :-[ )

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ChewMouse on January 23, 2013, 05:10:18 PM
Mickey Rourke has those fake cheekbones in his face.

i can see why women do all of this plastic surgery butchery to themselves, but when men do it, i find that difficult to understand.

I like your new Mickey Roarke avatar, MV.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 999 on January 23, 2013, 08:24:38 PM
I like your new Mickey Roarke avatar, MV.

Thank you. I found it by searching for "meth head."

Eddie Coyle

The Queen is Dead:

Ed Koch dead at 88.

Juan

Rog Presley, The Troggs, dead at 71.

MV/Liberace!

Mindy McCready. Suicide. I only knew of her because of Celebrity Rehab.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on February 19, 2013, 01:45:57 AM
Dr Drew Kevorkian getting rid of Z-list celebrities one at a time. Vince McMahon has a clearer conscience.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 19, 2013, 01:49:34 AM
   Dr Drew Kevorkian getting rid of Z-list celebrities one at a time. Vince McMahon has a clearer conscience.

I was thinking just yesterday about the huge number of people from his show who have since died. He doesn't have the greatest success record. That's for sure.

morphiaflow

Much preferred it when he and Adam Corolla were just the Loveline guys. Then The Man Show happened and it was all downhill from there.

analog kid

Quote from: MV on February 19, 2013, 01:45:57 AM

Never heard of her but apparently she's had four suicide attempts, possibly five, since 2000. Once while pregnant and the father of the child suicided last year. Whoa.

BobGrau

Quote from: analog kid on February 19, 2013, 04:22:36 AM
Never heard of her but apparently she's had four suicide attempts, possibly five, since 2000. Once while pregnant and the father of the child suicided last year. Whoa.

Would that make it a mean baby?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: morphiaflow on February 19, 2013, 02:28:40 AM
Much preferred it when he and Adam Corolla were just the Loveline guys. Then The Man Show happened and it was all downhill from there.

Totally harmless back then, no messianic moralizing for profit. Just a late night goofy show.

Speaking of suicide attempts, Carolla rejected the role on the Stern show that went to Artie Lange in 2001

Quote from: MV on February 19, 2013, 02:04:13 AM
I was thinking just yesterday about the huge number of people from his show who have since died. He doesn't have the greatest success record. That's for sure.
I think it's four "celebrities" dead since 2011, but that number is sure to rise. I guess going on that show is a prerequisite to croaking in LA.