• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on June 14, 2008, 07:34:57 AM
...I did find myself wondering what it would have been like to hear a full Shatner show with Art hosting.
that was all i could think about.

EvilKurisu

QuoteWho's listening to this drivel?

Raises an interesting question and one I feel can be broken down quite simply imho.

Back in the Dreamland days Art was a pioneer and there was nothing else like that style of show out there either on Radio or Tevelision,
over the next 10 years I think the media has gradually got into the whole paranormal/ufology type thing, whith numerous movies, magazines, websites all devoted to the subject, in the UK a weekly show called "Most Haunted" gained immense popularity within the last 5 years, this was never the case 10-15 years ago, and I think the point im trying to make is that people who have a "sudden/recent" interest in this type of subject matter are basically just being manipulated by the media and as such will take what they get given.

If these people had heard Art in the golden days they would realise Snoory's incompetance and complete lack of understanding in anything other than Limos and LA; they are just accepting what is force fed to them with no knowledge of just how good a host can be in this field.

The thing that really pisses me off is George seems to have a remarkable ability to consitently be shit but still have a job and continue to believe he is some superstar living in LA.

George...you suck and you are revelling in something that has not been your own doing, you are riding on the success of a great man yet act as if you built this shit yourself.

I very much doubt you would even know what to do with Lego, let alone build a good show !

George you truly suck !

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvilKurisu on June 14, 2008, 11:14:41 PM

George...you suck and you are revelling in something that has not been your own doing, you are riding on the success of a great man yet act as if you built this shit yourself.
to me, this is the ultimate synopsis of my feelings toward george.  only the word of the prophet mohammed could compare.  thank you for this post.

Yeah, exactly... it is a fake McDonalds sign of a holographic mock-up on the moon...of the original show.
Eat more toothpaste, you will learn to love it:)

www.abc.net.au/science/planetslayer/greenhouse_calc.htm

isn't this the big new clever fun eugenics NWO kill yourself now kiddies deal? Seems like I heard Alex Jones talking about it.
Both my daughters are on myspace and it's all over that site. I can see George having a good time with that site.

I still haven't cancelled my sub... gonna pick up one last AB first, I hope.
I tried to listen to the Shatner interview, but I just lost interest.
Listened to the guy about contrails last night...but in the end he didn't say anything either!

This is how I see it...even if the guests had a set agenda, Art had a way of opening them up, and getting people to say things that they may have come to regret. Georges questions are obviously so scripted.

I still recommend Red Ice Creations... it's free and it doesn't insult your intelligence.

Oh, I just went to that site...must be too many people waiting in line for it or something.
"http://www.abc.net.au/science/planetslayer/greenhouse_calc.htm." cannot be found. It might have been removed, had its name changed, or be temporarily unavailable.

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on June 14, 2008, 03:00:28 AM

2. "Does Captain Kirk believe in extraterrestrials?"

..That either has to be the dumbest question ever, or the worst place to call Shattner "Captain Kirk".

I mean, gee, I dunno...maybe without the defined forehead ridges of the Klingons in TNG , Noory thought the crew of the Enterprise NCC-1701 just found some mutated south americans with bad haircuts in space.

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on June 17, 2008, 06:08:21 PM

Oh, I just went to that site...must be too many people waiting in line for it or something.
"http://www.abc.net.au/science/planetslayer/greenhouse_calc.htm." cannot be found. It might have been removed, had its name changed, or be temporarily unavailable.

May have been too many people at the time. I just clicked the link in your post and it's good to go.

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on June 17, 2008, 05:57:39 PM
Yeah, exactly... it is a fake McDonalds sign of a holographic mock-up on the moon...of the original show.
Eat more toothpaste, you will learn to love it:)

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Love It!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on June 14, 2008, 03:00:28 AM
...and he once auctioned a kidney stone for $75,000 and donated the money to Habitat For Humanity.
one more note on this show... did you notice when george mentioned this, he said shatner donated the money "to humanity"?  haha i know it's a small gaff, but i chuckled anyway.

at this moment, there are approximately 6,677,602,292 members of humanity.  were shatner to donate $75,000 to humanity, we would each receive $0.0000112315764

wow.  that would really be a nice gesture on his part.

Fri. June 13th - Tell George It's FUBAR

Missed the Pat Boone and Christian Wilde segments at the start of the show.

Writer Marc Zicree and Anne Serling, daughter of Rod Serling, appear first hour to discuss Rod Serling's life and induction into the Sci-Fi Museum Hall of Fame.  Lots of talk about the impact of Serling and The Twilight Zone on TV and culture.  Cool subject matter.

Open Lines got into full swing with a hot-line dedicated to 'Friday the 13th' stories.  Some guy named "Mr. Lucky" calls in claiming to be unlucky, and then his phone quits on him mid-call. During the evening's second Shadow Person call, when the female caller was describing her first glance at the Shadow Person, The NightHawk asks "Did it have a hat?" ( ???Am I missing something here? ???).  Another caller mentions the Detroit Redwings and formulates a convoluted set of coincidences involving the Red Wings, Rush, and Joe Louis Arena, into an equation which explains why they won the Stanley Cup. Books were won as a caller correctly names the movie the quote "Walking the Mile, Walking the Mile" comes from. It was "The Green Mile".  I didn't hear a new quote, so I can't be of any help for now. Towards the end of the show, UFO Phil calls in claiming bad aliens were hovering over his compound trying to stop his live web-cast. Annoyingly, he asks George if he can keep a secret before answering any of George's questions,

George's Gem of the Night - A morose caller tells how when he was 8 and his sister was 6, they were molested by shadow persons. The caller sounded pained and was obviously still very disturbed by the incident, and George seemed to get concerned and involved in the caller's situation. At the end of the call we see the "Two Sides of Noory" when George says "*somber, low key* Wow, thanks for sharing that with us......*upbeat and sunny* WILD CARD LINE, YOU'RE ON COAST TO COAST!"

MV/Liberace!

caller:  my sister and i were molested by a shadow person when we were children.
george:  did he have a hat?

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 18, 2008, 01:37:16 AM
caller:  my sister and i were molested by a shadow person when we were children.
george:  did he have a hat?

I thought the hat was from the second shadow person caller.  Remember, when the Lady said she also had a shadow person story George says "Another Shadow Man? I hope it isn't the same one." He was trying to humanize the first shadow man for sure though.

MV/Liberace!

heh i didn't hear the show.  i just thought i'd take the hat question from the other shadow person caller and apply it to this one for comedic purposes.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 18, 2008, 02:27:53 AM
heh i didn't hear the show.  i just thought i'd take the hat question from the other shadow person caller and apply it to this one for comedic purposes.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 18, 2008, 02:27:53 AM

I wasn't sure. It was funny but you must understand, I'm still confused as to the importance of THE HAT as it applies to Shadow People.

If I was a Shadow Person, What kind of hat would I wear? Hmmmm...

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on June 18, 2008, 03:13:25 PM
I wasn't sure. It was funny but you must understand, I'm still confused as to the importance of THE HAT as it applies to Shadow People.

If I was a Shadow Person, What kind of hat would I wear? Hmmmm...

Briefly beaming in from electronik wyrking vakation... Yes, a ten minute vacation from vakation, though my goal was to be "unWIRED" for the duration.  I've been checking in to read, but no time to post anything worthwhile.

The two types of shadow people most often reported are the cloaked figure and the hat figure.  See wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

(Personally, I would also add a third, the "smooth" alienesque leotard style figure.)

Noory asked about the hat because he is attempting to show he is "informed."

Just as when someone mentions Tesla, he will automatically mention "the government came in and took Tesla's papers when he died."

Same old Noory.  Name dropping.  Idea dropping.  Just skating by.  He stores mainstream points and uses them as what I refer to as interview cenotaphs, never moving, never yielding, often removed or irrelevant to the real topic at hand.  Witness how he could not acclimate and change his opinion of the Loch Ness flipper pic, despite the firsthand witness/guest explaining to Noory the National Geographic pic had been retouched before Nat'l G received it, and that the original flipper pic was far less impressive.  After the guest laid out    the evolution of the photo, George said again how great the flipper pic  looked! (CTC, June 17-18, guest Lee Frank explained the original flipper pic was initially just computer enhanced, but then the enhanced photo was actually "retouched" by another newspaper to make it look even more "flippery."  That pic was the one published in National Geographic.  Lee was on the boat when the pic was taken and was a witness to the original photo.)

Noory's a robot - a NORBOT.

I believe 99.9999999999999 of shadow people reports are simply peripheal pareidolia or a symptom/side effect of sleep paralysis. 

Though, to be sure, shadowy forms have existed since there were campfires, the term and phenomenon as we know it is relatively recent and easily influenced by modern pop culture, similar as to how Whitley's Communion bookcover and story influenced abduction accounts, or even how Hollywood's version of little green men with antennae still shows up in reports. 

Many are familiar with the "hat" that the radio and comic character "the Shadow" wore. 

Additionally, (and more recently) episode 10, season 1 of the New Twilight Zone featured a specter wearing a hat and living under a boy's bed.

(There is a very good reason why I am attracted to the idea of aliens who look exactly human.  I've mentioned elsewhere I prefer my Venusians human in form, able to smoke a good cigar merely by holding it in hand. Retro UFOs all the way, baby.  Fight the influence of the media.  Your neigbor could be a Martian.)

Similarly affected group: individuals who are "demon possessed" will speak in a deep voice and spit profanities relevant to popular culture because that is what is expected.  Any demon worth his salt (laughing) will come in the form of a little blue-eyed girl whose voice never changes.  I loathe the dunderhead teens who visit evangelical crusades, claiming to be possessed while a healer/exorcist casts out the offending spirit that sounds suspiciously like the lead singer for Mot?rhead.

The Ace of Charades, indeed - apologies to Lemmy.

I recall when Coast first started talking about shadow people and the first thing I thought of was that specific New Twilight Zone episode that aired on November 29 1985, "The Shadow Man."

I hope this answers your question, but what do I know?  I'm certainly not a NORBOT of information.

(straightening hat)

A snapshot from the NTZ episode:

(I have no doubt praeternatural entities exist, but I also have no doubt that most shadow people reports are erroneous.)

Thanks for the heads up camazotz!  This "shadow people" issue is so in-depth an complex.  I miss the simpler times when most visual phenomena was just chalked up under the heading "AcId FlAsHbAcK."

In my nightmares, Cindy McCain chases me while cuddling a vampiric Cabbage Patch Kid named Wesley......

Mon. June 16th - Got a tumor from a cellphone? Take a number.

Didn't really register the segment about sunspots with physicist James McCanney. This was followed by everyone's favorite numbers lady, it's "The Numbers Lady"! - Glynis McCants! (*Tahiti Village Tribute*). She talks about past prognostications, numbers and current events, and then takes calls.

Author and investigative reporter Will Thomas opens eyes and adds to stress levels with reports on chemtrails and cell phones.  Chemtrail analysis show presence of some nasty metals and fiberglass being dumped into the atmosphere. When Thomas talks about aluminum being put into the atmosphere, George draws parallels with the ideas of Zecharia Sitchin and wonders if the government hasn't just "..picked up on the E.T. handbook."  The report on cellphones was more optimistic. New studies show more and more relations between cellphones and health problems.  Thomas claims that over 40 years, 15 thousand studies have shown harmful effects of cell phones, while zero have definitively shown that cell phones are safe. 66 of the 15,000 studies show connections between cellphones and brain tumors. Children who use cellphones constantly throughout their life could face senility and Alzheimers by their 40's. Hands-free connections in cars are no help because the signal is amped 10x, and the cars body amplifies it 10x again. Insurance industry studies show that someone driving while on a cellphone, hands-on or hands-free, is more likely to cause an accident then a person driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.08%. While talking about the change in cellphones over the years, George starts off a quip with "I've watched the evolution of the car-phone, from the beginning, with the car actually attached to the interior dashboard....". Noory and Thomas are joined by Bob Rist of Ohio Airships to discuss Dynalifters, which are heavier-then-air hybrids of helium airships and flying wings ( www.dynalifter.com/ ) Cool concept. After repeated reminders that the craft are heavier-then-air, the NightHawk shows he's paying attention by asking "What keeps these things from going higher and higher and higher into the air?"

George's Gem of the Night - During Glynis McCants segment, the topic of her man/husband/?, Charlie Youngblood, comes up. McCants says that from Youngbloods number, she knew before they ever met that they would have passionate chemistry so she made sure they got to know each other online first. The first date lasted 2 hours, and led into a 45 minute long kiss, but McCant reiterates "I waited 5 months before the first date!" Noory - "Which is unusual for you!"

.......CELTICS WIN! CELTICS WIN!.........

Tues. June 17th - Laugh It Up Fuzzball: He did it all for the Wookie.

Gulf War vet advocate Joyce Riley was up first discussing the VA, soldiers on SSRIs, and a Chiantix study involving vets.

Writer and producer Lee Frank joined the show to talked about Nessie, Bigfoot, and Bigfoot's possible connection to UFOs. Lots of little interesting facts presented. The first recorded Nessie "monster" sighting occurred in 565 A.D.  When Frank expands on possible connections between the supernatural and Loch Ness, Noory asks "What kind of creature would it be if it was supernatural? A dimensional being?" Talk turns to Bigfoot and we learn that the first recorded sighting of Bigfoot in America was in 1884, however, all native tribes had a name for the Bigfoot creature.  Some dude calls in and says that he plays with Bigfoots, that they want to be our friends, and it's common knowledge that the military used to experiment on Bigfoots while holding them in "Tesla Cages".

George's Gem of the Night - While going over the possible origins of Bigfoot, George expands on infamous previous thoughts and qoutes with this sweet piece of fried gold - "If you look at George Lucas' Star Wars, Chewbacca, the Wookie, looked like a Bigfoot.  So maybe these things are inter-dimensional OR maybe they're extraterrestrial?"

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on June 18, 2008, 11:55:14 PM
...George starts off a quip with "I've watched the evolution of the car-phone, from the beginning, with the car actually attached to the interior dashboard....".
if i had a car that wasn't "actually attached" to the dashboard, i think i might consider returning it to the seller.

by the way... good to see you, Camazotz.  hope the vacation is going well.  god knows we all need one.

davboz

Quote from: Charles on April 14, 2008, 07:40:35 PM

They should put this in front of George everynight before the show begins ... with a big red flashing bulb above it ... just as a reminder.

I'm TELLING YOU! He HAS begun to think first! And it does him no real good.Just new humor for me. This is the reason for the many beautifully yet dismayingly funny quotes (such as the above) lately evolving into what I'm calling Noory's Balls of Consonants. It must have come to his attention that people have actually noticed these fetid gems so he THINKS first now, (about everything but the guest, caller, and/or topic) and, launching into some desperate attempt at intelligent response, catches himself, letting his words descend into a 2 or 3 syllable non-word, fading as the guest speaks over him just in time. He said NOTHING. And now, more often, counts on the hope that the listeners just think they "missed it" ~ and didn't quite hear him.
Don't miss these subtle features in the evolving performance of an idiot.

EvB

Quote from: davboz on June 21, 2008, 06:02:51 AM
I'm TELLING YOU! He HAS begun to think first!

He said NOTHING. And now, more often, counts on the hope that the listeners just think they "missed it" ~ and didn't quite hear him.

I've often wondered if the things that make us cringe, George thinks are somehow "cute." Worse, I've wondered if he thinks his audience is dumber than a bag of rocks. I vaguely recall one "picture of the day" that was so insulting to anyone with an IQ above 85 that I wrote and said so.  (I've blessedly blocked recall of what the picture was of - or what the little 'blurb' was trying to imply  . . . only that it was way beyond stupid, and not even amusing - as some are intended to be.)  I must not have been alone.  the next day, the picture was gone.  Not archived - just GONE.

Anyway - the point is that sometimes I think it's not so much that George is stupid, as that he thinks we are.  Or HOPES we are - so that his mediocrity won't be a problem. In that "be careful what you wish for" way, the apparent lack of intelligence of the people who're allowed though his screening process says that either 1) George refuses to be challenged or - more likely - 2) fewer people with interesting things to say bother to call.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on June 21, 2008, 09:28:42 AM
In that "be careful what you wish for" way, the apparent lack of intelligence of the people who're allowed though his screening process says that either 1) George refuses to be challenged or - more likely - 2) fewer people with interesting things to say bother to call.

...or bother to listen, for that matter.

Come on Tanner &  Sadollah!.....There's no entry for Wed. June 18th as it was an interesting discussion about the history and current status of space exploration, but it really didn't stand out as a show worth commenting on, and I wasn't able to listen to the show of Fri. June 20th

Thurs. June 19th - What The Hell Are Youse Guys !?!

Dr. Claude Swanson joins C2C for the first hour to discuss that funky energy inside that's so hard to name - Chi, Ki, Prana, Mana, etc. Didn't really get into it to the whole deal.

Researcher L.A.Marzulli is the feature and on the scene to talk about The Great Deception.  From what I understand, this deception happens when the prophecies in Ezekial and Revelation come to pass(which should be soon), ETs will reveal themselves as saviors to humankind but in reality they are fallen angels wishing to control the Earth, and everything in it, like Tony Montana. Marzulli questions the motives of ETs asking if they are so benevolent, "Why not give us the cure for cancer?" to which NightHawk adds "And apparently they could."  Really? They could? Those jerks!  Later, Marzulli comments on Mid-East military actions and politics, with Noory providing colour commentary and breaking it all down with statements like "It's just like a game. It's just like a game. Stratego."

George's Gem of the Night - If I wasn't there, I'd never believe it. I gotta give the NightHawk mad props here.  I just gotta.  Announcing Friday's line-up, George lays it out something like this - "First hour Dr. Wayne Dyer will be talking about the great things he's doing and has done, and then after that on Friday night into Saturday morning, we just might be joined by The Great Cornholio. Hehehe. Nah, just kidding." WHAT!?! classic.

****Note - The entries are gonna be very sporadic over the next month as I will be busy with scholastic endeavors. I'll see what I can do, but all I beg is a little patience for the time being. thanks.****

MV/Liberace!

you've worked really hard and put a lot of time into these show rundowns.  if ANYBODY deserves a break, it's you.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 22, 2008, 04:21:32 PM
you've worked really hard and put a lot of time into these show rundowns.  if ANYBODY deserves a break, it's you.

Thanks. I'm not sure yet, because my powers of procrastination are beyond even my own ken, but I think I might press the CEO (the wife) to okay an 11th hour streamlink expenditure, which would make it easier on my sleeping routine which unfortunately has to change for the next little while.

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on June 22, 2008, 05:20:11 PM
I might press the CEO (the wife) to okay an 11th hour streamlink expenditure, which would make it easier on my sleeping routine which unfortunately has to change for the next little while.

I HATE THAT!!!!!   

And, while inconsistent sleep patterns aren't good for anyone, they get harder the older you get.  It's one of the (MANY) ways in which our University system just isn't set up for non-traditional students DESPITE the fact that we make up - in the US anyway - better than 50% of the college student body.

Quote from: davboz on June 21, 2008, 06:02:51 AM
I'm TELLING YOU! He HAS begun to think first! And it does him no real good.Just new humor for me. This is the reason for the many beautifully yet dismayingly funny quotes (such as the above) lately evolving into what I'm calling Noory's Balls of Consonants. It must have come to his attention that people have actually noticed these fetid gems so he THINKS first now, (about everything but the guest, caller, and/or topic) and, launching into some desperate attempt at intelligent response, catches himself, letting his words descend into a 2 or 3 syllable non-word, fading as the guest speaks over him just in time. He said NOTHING. And now, more often, counts on the hope that the listeners just think they "missed it" ~ and didn't quite hear him.

I have to agree with davboz on this point. It's harder to find those Noory-isms now because he seems to be conscious of what he might say next. On some nights he fades back into the Glorious George of old, but in general it seems like somethings different and it makes for a much less entertaining (relative, I know) show IMO.

MV/Liberace!

it's just a perfect commentary on the situation to say that his horrid tendencies are the reason we find any entertainment value in the show, and without them, something is missing.

So true, Michael... I did listen to the great deception show a few days ago.
You know it feels like they pick up threads from other places and spin them. It was an interesting show... but as usual I felt I was just getting a little bit of truth with an unhealthy thick icing of disinfo on top.
George only made one blunder which I can't even remember now... but overall, yeah not much to write home about.

You know, I think if I were in his shoes I'd just throw a doozy in everynight, special for assholes like us, haha.

I should go check the page, cause I thought Art was going to be back on in late June. And I see my subscription just got renewed.

You know that show with Ian and Jesus was intriguing... I can't believe it but he really pulled it off. If all of Xiananity was as good as Ian then I can't help thinking things would be a lot better on this planet.

I gave in and went to see the Crystal Skull movie... not based on what I heard on C2C, but more what I heard on Red Ice Creations radio. At least I know those guys aren't bought and paid for.

I didn't really enjoy the movie much, I  think big chuncks really should have been left on the cutting room floor. The more "exciting" it got, the more I wanted a nap.

Ah well, I guess the $7.50 was worth the air conditioning for a couple of hours. I wonder if there is gonna be a set up with aliens in the future? That seems to be the latest meme anyway.

Hey, Michael what will become of the forum if you sell the domain name?
Maybe you have said, and as usual I am not keeping up.