• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Story from Las Vegas news station on Art Bell from April 2011.

Started by Falkie2013, September 29, 2011, 03:00:26 AM

Falkie2013

I don't know if anyone posted this before or not.

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2011/04/14/will-art-bell-return-to-the-mic/Will Art Bell Return To The Mic?
April 14, 2011 9:26 PM
Share this
2 comments
art
robert-rytina-kxnt-newsradio

Reporting Robert Rytina
Filed under
Controversy, Entertainment, Headlines, News, Random, Strange
Related tags
100.5 FM, art bell, art bell back on the radio, art bell coast to coast am, art bell coming back, art bell hosting again, art bell on the radio, art bell returns, art bett returning to the mic, Coast to Coast AM, kxnt, KXNT FM, kxnt.com, where is art bell, will art bell be on again

Nearly 20 years ago, Art Bell created the wildly popular radio program Coast to Coast AM, a wee-hour forum for weird science.

Jump ahead to 2010, and longtime fans of the show can probably count the number of time Art Bell hosted episodes last year.  The number is 10, which was 5 short of his publicly-announced, contractually-specified quota of 15 shows per year. In fact, his last hosting gig was his annual Ghost To Ghost show on Halloween night.  At the end of that broadcast, Bell said “When they next call my name we’ll come back and we’ll do this one more time.”

As of December 2010 Art Bell was no longer listed as a host on the Coast to Coast website; his shows were no longer searchable under his name; and the only references to Bell on the site were of an historical/archival nature.

On December 21, 2010, the “HamCam” on Art’s ham radio website  featured an image with the following cryptic wording: “The Wind No Longer Blows, in the End it was Without Direction. Long Live the Hot Air.”  Fans on Art-centric comment boards have identified “30″ as “a sign-off when a Ham has their final transmission from a particular location.” Other interpretations are similar: “The End”, “Good Night”, “No More”.

But was that really the end?

An official public statement formally confirming Bell’s departure from Coast to Coast AM has yet to be made via press release, website announcement or on-air, by any party with the authority to do soâ€"the show’s producers, Premier Radio Networks, Clear Channel Communications, or Art Bell himself. This lack of information has led to rampant speculation among Bell’s fanbase as to the motivations and circumstances behind Bell’s sudden absence; whether he has given his last live broadcast; and whatâ€"if anythingâ€"he may decide to do next.

During a chat on February 8, 2011, events became even more confusing for Bell’s fans as George Noory, during a public chat responding to a question on Art Bell, stated that Art Bell is no longer responding to his email. There was no further explanation beyond that point on why Art Bell did not respond to Mr. Noory’s email, although it only leads us fans to speculate further.

george

[attachment deleted by admin]

Interesting, but nothing that we didn't already know. Still, stepping back and looking at the situation, the secrecy does seem strange to me.

Scully

Quote from: Agent : Orange on September 29, 2011, 10:05:52 AM
Interesting, but nothing that we didn't already know. Still, stepping back and looking at the situation, the secrecy does seem strange to me.

Unless the secrecy is what bought Art exemption from those last 5 shows.  ???

Quote from: Scully on September 30, 2011, 01:58:23 AM

Unless the secrecy is what bought Art exemption from those last 5 shows.  ???

Yes, the "no-speak" clause in his contract.  Shame.  Guess we'll never really know what happened.  Sigh.

morphiaflow

Almost 100 percent of the wording in this article--I'm not exaggerating--is literally copied and pasted from the "events of 2010-11" wikipedia article I wrote several months before this article appeared. I wrote to the editor of the site to call them on it and I never received a response. So, this is just a rehash of old stuff....sorry! (And trust me I want Art back on the air as much as anyone else does!)

morphiaflow

And now that I look at it again, I remember that I commented on the post calling the author out on his theft, and my comment was deleted and changed (under my name) to "I think Art is great!" And I can't seem to make any further comments.

Not that there's anything I can get out of it, but I want to do some digging and find some way to contact the editor and call this author out on it again...if he's done it to me, he's done it to others, you know?