• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Ciardelo

Quote from: astroguy on January 27, 2017, 02:30:12 PM
Talked a bit about it here.
Quote...Mike Brown, is well known for being provocative to the point of stirring up upblic controversy to promote his work. For example, he wrote the book, “How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming.” It also might not be purely coincidental that the news came out the day after the New Horizons spacecraft’s tenth anniversary of launch.

That was the guy! You're prescient astro! And your upblic thanks you ;)

Seriously, all kidding aside, thanks mang.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Jackstar® on January 27, 2017, 02:41:32 PM

I was just a baby then.  My father passed on when I was five years old, and my mom lost interest in it after that.  I really don't remember much Mason stuff from back then.  However, I still have my father's Mason Bible.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 27, 2017, 02:48:54 PM
How is it different from a standard bible?
I don't know.  I've never actually read it.  It's just something that belonged to my father that I want to keep.

I didn't get to keep him very long, after all.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on January 27, 2017, 02:51:32 PM
I don't know.  I've never actually read it.  It's just something that belonged to my father that I want to keep.

I didn't get to keep him very long, after all.

Sure, I'm just the curious type. I would've cracked that baby by now. Maybe give it a look, at least some common passages you're familiar with, just to see if and how it's different.  ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 27, 2017, 02:54:58 PM
Sure, I'm just the curious type. I would've cracked that baby by now. Maybe give it a look, at least some common passages you're familiar with, just to see if and how it's different.  ;)
Maybe I'll do that someday soon.  If I find anything noteworthy, I'll post it here. ;) :)

Rix Gins

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on January 27, 2017, 02:59:20 PM
Maybe I'll do that someday soon.  If I find anything noteworthy, I'll post it here. ;) :)

Starr, if you do check it, look for specially inserted art work - diagrams that show those pretty cool masonic degree charts, etc.  Really nice art work showing buildings, etc and quite colorful.  But these added illustrations were only placed in more deluxe versions of the Mason's bible.  Otherwise, if it's a standard Mason's bible, the text will mirror the regular King James bible.  (Acording to this link, anyway.)  :)

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-differences-between-a-KJV-Bible-and-the-masonic-edition

starrmtn001

Quote from: Rix Gins on January 27, 2017, 03:30:34 PM
Starr, if you do check it, look for specially inserted art work - diagrams that show those pretty cool masonic degree charts, etc.  Really nice art work showing buildings, etc and quite colorful.  But these added illustrations were only placed in more deluxe versions of the Mason's bible.  Otherwise, if it's a standard Mason's bible, the text will mirror the regular King James bible.  (Acording to this link, anyway.)  :)

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-differences-between-a-KJV-Bible-and-the-masonic-edition

It looks exactly like a King James version Bible, except it has the name Mason on it, and my father's name on it in gold leaf.  And it's a dark lapis lazuli blue, not black.

Rix Gins

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on January 27, 2017, 03:37:00 PM
It looks exactly like a King James version Bible, except it has the name Mason on it, and my father's name on it in gold leaf.  And it's a dark lapis lazuli blue, not black.

Your dad's name in gold plus the dark blue cover sound really nice.  I'm glad you have something to remember him by.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Rix Gins on January 27, 2017, 03:54:03 PM
Your dad's name in gold plus the dark blue cover sound really nice.  I'm glad you have something to remember him by.
Thank you, Rix.  I have some old pictures too.  He was an amateur photographer, on his days off work.

starrmtn001

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 31, 2017, 06:10:04 PM
Praise kek and pray for Art's return.  :)
Yes.  Of course.  You are a wise man indeed, Doc. ;)

Ciardelo

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 31, 2017, 10:04:18 PM
Still no Hoagland? Is he still charging people?

He probably isn't charging people so much as letting them pay him, I imagine.

trostol

thats the kinda business model i need to get in on..charge people and deliver nothing

starrmtn001

Quote from: trostol on January 31, 2017, 10:36:57 PM
thats the kinda business model i need to get in on..charge people and deliver nothing
Somehow, I just can't imagine you doing something like that, Trostol. ;)

Any Twitter updates ?

𒈨𒇳𒉭𒇰𒇸𒁄         𒆳  𒆳  𒆳
                   􏼻𒁑
                                    𝓡𝓾𝓷  𝓡𝓾𝓷𝓷𝓮𝓻  𝓡𝓤𝓝   !

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on January 31, 2017, 10:41:06 PM
Any Twitter updates ?

𒈨𒇳𒉭𒇰𒇸𒁄         𒆳  𒆳  𒆳
                   􏼻𒁑
                                    𝓡𝓾𝓷  𝓡𝓾𝓷𝓷𝓮𝓻  𝓡𝓤𝓝   !

Hi, Logan!

I can't see your pics. :-[

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on January 31, 2017, 10:38:17 PM
Somehow, I just can't imagine you doing something like that, Trostol. ;)

Pfffft. He's trying to convince me in PM that I shouldn't do my own home improvement work because I got a self-stick floor tile stuck in my hair today and that I should pay someone to do it. Wonder who he has in mind ...

starrmtn001

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 31, 2017, 10:59:23 PM
Pfffft. He's trying to convince me in PM that I shouldn't do my own home improvement work because I got a self-stick floor tile stuck in my hair today and that I should pay someone to do it. Wonder who he has in mind ...
You - did - WHAT?  OMG!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm sorry, SciFi, that wasn't nice.  But, maybe you should take his advice.  ;) ;D 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 31, 2017, 10:59:23 PM

Only take the paper off AFTER you cut them, buddy.  ;)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on January 31, 2017, 11:05:48 PM
You - did - WHAT?  OMG!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm sorry, SciFi, that wasn't nice.  But, maybe you should take his advice.  ;) ;D

I have long hair! The pony tail has a mind of its own and it ended up stuck on a tile.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 31, 2017, 11:07:52 PM
Only take the paper off AFTER you cut them, buddy.  ;)

Ah ... I take it you've worked with them before and know exactly what transpired lol.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 31, 2017, 11:09:45 PM
Ah ... I take it you've worked with them before and know exactly what transpired lol.

Elementary, dear Watson.  8)