• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Zenman

Quote from: zeebo on June 21, 2016, 01:03:07 AM
I usually eschew politics on the board, but will dip my toe in here to make a prediction.  Trump won't even come close to winning.  He's such an easy target for the left, that simple by-the-book progressive demagoguery and identity politics will stymie his momentum.  It's already working and they're barely trying yet.  The fact that he's a walking P.R. disaster will just make the defeat that much worse.

Hil's baggage and lack of political charisma or accomplishments will be irrelevant, as the media will prop her up all the way, and in any case a rubber stamp generic Dem would still sail in given the left-leaning political climate and favorable demographics.

The only good that will come out of this nearly two-year horror show is that after three failed runs, the GOP may finally collapse, which it rightly should given their continued strategic cluelessness - and from the rubble a more centrist party may form, one that appeals to modern America - one which still celebrates free market enterprise and fiscal responsibility, but also has a more optimistic, inclusive, secular message to gain broader appeal.

Actually another slight possibility to come out of all this is we might get to hear a few ideas from a third party, namely the Libertarians, but of course the established duopoly we live under will do whatever it can to squelch such dialogue.

:o  :-\  :-*  :o  >:(  :D   :)  :D  :-\

Did I read that about right zeeb?

TigerLily

Quote from: ge30542 on June 21, 2016, 02:29:37 AM
Dave's guest just said a witness had a "bedroom encounter with a small entity". He's been talking to my ex-wife!

At least she couldn't say that about you. (A twist on the age-old "Thats what she said")

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Art Bell on June 20, 2016, 08:45:20 PM
Yes, Trump is tanking in the Polls now and he may have cooked his own goose with the crap about the Judge, BUT this is June not November and he has been counted out many times before. If I were Clinton I would not yet count my eggs.

Art

You might pass this link to Heather - it's probably better than Norry's site.
http://theintellectualist.co/there-is-now-a-dating-site-dedicated-to-trump-supporters/

PaulAtreides

Quote from: creepygreenlight on June 20, 2016, 10:44:14 PM

Also, all that hype about "only white people" supporting Trump is a lie. 

No, it's mostly angry, old, white men who don't like any other color.

Quote from: PaulAtreides on June 21, 2016, 06:08:11 AM

Are you just saying this because you want to believe it?

There is no evidence to support what you said.

Donald Trump received more votes by any Republican candidate in the primary than any ever has.

This would not have been possible if Donald Trump didn't have support across the board in every category, including age, race, religion, and gender.

But, but, but, muh Huffington Post...

The Left have few ideas a majority would agree to.  It's why they have to push their agenda through the court system rather than the democratic process. 

Over the past 50 years, on practically any issue that's come up, they've insisted anyone who doesn't agree with them is somehow 'racist'.  The Democrat Party has a long history of using race - segregation, Jim Crow laws, the Klan, filibustering the Civil Rights Acts, etc - when the tide finally turned they flipped and now claim everyone else is 'racist'. 

It's a tactic to silence people and end debate, and it's been fairly effective.  With Obama in the White House they've overreached, this has been on full display for everyone to see, and it's no longer as effective as it has been.

Pumping this poison into our body politic is disgusting.  We need to remove these people from positions of authority, ignore them, and take our country back.

TigerLily

June 1, 2016 - Quinnipiac  Polling  (pre-Orlando attack)

COLLEGE DEG
                            Tot    Rep    Dem    Ind    Men    Wom    Yes    No

Clinton              45%     4%    90%    37%    35%    54%      47%    42%
Trump               41      86        6       40.       51      30         39       43

AGE IN YRS..............              WHITE.....
                     18-34    35-49  50-64   65+    Men    Wom    Wht    Blk    Hsp

Clinton              48%    48%    41%    44%    26%    40%     33%    93%    65%
Trump               32       37      47       45        60       41        50        4        18

ergo:  Biggest Trump Supporters = Older White Men

diyrob

Hey Gabberistas: I haven't posted here for a while because we've been traveling. The forum has certainly changed - and I think for the better. It has suffered some growing pains, but now it may be one of the most interesting and thought-provoking forums online. You see, despite the original perception - it was never about Art. It was about having a place for people of a certain type, who found Art interesting, to come together.

diyrob

Yes, Trump is tanking in the Polls now and he may have cooked his own goose with the crap about the Judge, BUT this is June not November and he has been counted out many times before. If I were Clinton I would not yet count my eggs.

Art
My 2 cents about Trump: You'd be making a mistake by measuring Trump's campaign using conventional political wisdom. All the pundits, experts, advisors and insiders have counted him out time and again. They/We have never seen such a candidate or campaign.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: diyrob on June 21, 2016, 08:18:47 AM
...it was never about Art. It was about having a place for people of a certain type, who found Art interesting, to come together.

I'd largely agree with that. Anyway, post often.

TigerLily

Quote from: MV on June 21, 2016, 08:31:03 AM
I'd largely agree with that. Anyway, post often.

I think we need a new poll. Which avatar is scarier,  your current plastic cat woman or previous La Donatella?

Quote from: zeebo on June 21, 2016, 01:03:07 AMTrump won't even come close to winning.

Meh, Shillary has outspent Trump by $116,000,000 on ads.

Yet Trump is still biting at her toes...

Hillary's biggest problem is that she's toxic as fuck.  Nobody in their right mind would want her corrupt legacy in the White House, I think even many Liberals are still hoping that Bernie swoops in perhaps after the FBI finally indicts her.  I don't think there's enough media in the world to prop up Shillary.  Her issues will only get deeper as more comes out on her life of scandals, especially once Trump has the time to finally focus on hitting her where it hurts.

Dave's guest just said a witness had a "bedroom encounter with a small entity". He's been talking to my ex-wife!
I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS LOL

ItsOver

Quote from: TigerLily on June 21, 2016, 08:37:25 AM
I think we need a new poll. Which avatar is scarier,  your current plastic cat woman or previous La Donatella?
The avatars are just to distract us from the true beauty of MV.  MV is always ravishing.

bobo17

folks
it time to refocuss on my upcoming MEETING with Art bob sue et al
if we go down political rabit holes we will never get Art back on the air and have to boycot
heather over and over.
please focus on ME and MY attempt to help ALL of US.

thanks
bobo
P.S. the more positive responses i get, the more influence my opinion will have with Art, even
though Art and I are very close personel friends from child hood days

bobo
stronger together

Quote from: ItsOver on June 21, 2016, 11:11:28 AM
The avatars are just to distract us from the true beauty of MV.  MV is always ravishing.

Art

Great to hear from you, Art. :D  Yeah, anything can happen and I think dumping Corey was a smart move.  We'll see what happens.

Quote from: bobo17 on June 21, 2016, 11:20:22 AM
folks
it time to refocuss on my upcoming MEETING with Art bob sue et al
if we go down political rabit holes we will never get Art back on the air and have to boycot
heather over and over.
please focus on ME and MY attempt to help ALL of US.

thanks
bobo
P.S. the more positive responses i get, the more influence my opinion will have with Art, even
though Art and I are very close personel friends from child hood days

bobo
stronger together

Bobo, are you going senile?  Your spelling is worse than normal.

I spoke with Art, Bobo, and he said he'd never meet with you.   It is not going to happen.  The dream is over.  Pack your bags.  Get lost.

starrmtn001

Quote from: zeebo on June 21, 2016, 01:03:07 AM
I usually eschew politics on the board, but will dip my toe in here to make a prediction.  Trump won't even come close to winning.  He's such an easy target for the left, that simple by-the-book progressive demagoguery and identity politics will stymie his momentum.  It's already working and they're barely trying yet.  The fact that he's a walking P.R. disaster will just make the defeat that much worse.

Hil's baggage and lack of political charisma or accomplishments will be irrelevant, as the media will prop her up all the way, and in any case a rubber stamp generic Dem would still sail in given the left-leaning political climate and favorable demographics.

The only good that will come out of this nearly two-year horror show is that after three failed runs, the GOP may finally collapse, which it rightly should given their continued strategic cluelessness - and from the rubble a more centrist party may form, one that appeals to modern America - one which still celebrates free market enterprise and fiscal responsibility, but also has a more optimistic, inclusive, secular message to gain broader appeal.

Actually another slight possibility to come out of all this is we might get to hear a few ideas from a third party, namely the Libertarians, but of course the established duopoly we live under will do whatever it can to squelch such dialogue.
Lemme guess.  That's not your toe.  AmIright? ::)

The rest is up for individual interpretation. :D

starrmtn001

LOL.   ;D ;D ;D

Jackstar

If I were Clinton I would not yet count my eggs.

zeebo

Quote from: Zenman on June 21, 2016, 05:15:02 AM
:o  :-\  :-*  :o  >:(  :D   :)  :D  :-\

Did I read that about right zeeb?

Haha yep, you got it. I usually hold back, but ah it does feel good to bluster once in a while.   :D

Am I the only one who comes here just for bobo?

bogab!

zeebo

Quote from: PaulAtreides on June 21, 2016, 06:08:11 AM

Alot of anger on the left too, just directed at different targets.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 21, 2016, 11:47:04 AM
Bobo, are you going senile?  Your spelling is worse than normal.

I spoke with Art, Bobo, and he said he'd never meet with you.   It is not going to happen.  The dream is over.  Pack your bags.  Get lost.

- last night, pre-flight...

zeebo

Quote from: ge30542 on June 21, 2016, 02:26:07 AM
Wait, let me Google the definition of eschew.

What till I break out 'ennui', 'ersatz', and 'ecru' on ya.   ;)

scottydawg

Our only way to beat Hillary this fall! Cuz you know that Ole Comb over ain't gonna make it!
[attachment id=1 msg=843116]

PaulAtreides

Quote from: The King of Kings on June 21, 2016, 06:40:10 AM
Are you just saying this because you want to believe it?

This would not have been possible if Donald Trump didn't have support across the board in every category, including age, race, religion, and gender.

Trump received a majority of votes of Republicans who voted in the primaries.  That's all.  Shows little about his appeal in the general election. 

PaulAtreides

Quote from: ItsOver on June 21, 2016, 11:11:28 AM

More along these lines:

CornyCrow

One thing that made me think that I might vote for Trump, early on, was that he had shaken free of all the religious bs.  Then, he started backtracking and waving bibles around.  The guy may sound like he takes a stand on ethical grounds, but never sticks to it.  I think he'd be a disaster.  I pity all his voters who think he would make a difference with illegal immigration and the Muslim problem, because I really strongly doubt that he would.

Anyway, that's probably moot.  It's a shame that our only other choice is Hill.

Libertarians are capitalists on steroids.  Think of all the tainted products that China has been caught peddling and then remove the few regulators of business that China DOES have.  The only recourse a person would have is to sue.