• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

cweb

Quote from: rekcuf on June 04, 2016, 08:45:07 PM
Folks:

Thankfully the meeting with Steve/WABC is still on. I'm trying to get him to bet on, furthermore, BELIEVE in himself. Unlike Art, Steve, has received the greatest bill of all after he was mugged; a clean bill of health.

I'm trying to put together the necessary funds, so I can fly out to New York (and negotiate a new contract for Steve.) I feel confident this will happen. I'm a very persuasive and passionate lover. How that's relevant to this business deal; only time will tell.

ps: Thanks to the 10's of people whom have sent me supportive pms.

-rekcuf182

I seriously cannot be the only person who is coughing from laughing so hard at this.

cweb

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2016, 08:28:57 PM
I've said this privately, but fuck it, I'll put it out there. There's a part of me that wishes the show hadn't blown up because it creates all kinds of expectations. I get emails literally every single day from people asking where the show went/when the next one is. I started the show because I wanted to produce something I'd want to listen to. I'm proud of what I've done. I'm happy the response has been so positive. But there's another part of me that wants to drop off the radar and get drunk in some tropical locale for months on end sans internet connection. I don't get off on attention. I get off putting out a product I'm happy with. I know what I'm "complaining" about are issues most podcasters would love to have, but this is where I'm at.

Yep, and that's always the rub with doing a great job on something- managing expectations. They can get out of hand quite fast. When you're spending more time on the expectations than the product, you might question if it's worth it.

I don't think you're losing anything by waiting to see how life shakes out. It's all good. Show, hiatus, or no show- you have some portfolio-worthy samples should any larger opportunities arise.

73s

Quote from: TigerLily on June 04, 2016, 11:39:54 PM
Begging excellent but reluctant radio host to return to the airwaves.  On any terms or schedule. But only if he wants. No pressure. No explanation necessary. But get your ass back behind the mic. Now

Where have I experienced this before?

I wonder if the excellent hosts just get too burned out from the hard work they put into it. The less-than-excellent ones seem to have no problem staying on the air for years and punching the clock  :-\

3OctaveFart

I've said this privately, but fuck it, I'll put it out there. There's a part of me that wishes the show hadn't blown up because it creates all kinds of expectations. I get emails literally every single day from people asking where the show went/when the next one is. I started the show because I wanted to produce something I'd want to listen to. I'm proud of what I've done. I'm happy the response has been so positive. But there's another part of me that wants to drop off the radar and get drunk in some tropical locale for months on end sans internet connection. I don't get off on attention. I get off putting out a product I'm happy with. I know what I'm "complaining" about are issues most podcasters would love to have, but this is where I'm at.
I respect your work but I hope you can go off and have fun and not sweat the show.

MAX

You can always get Falkie to do it. The only cost is a new windows PC, new glasses, a pizza and optional chicken wings. Pretty sweet deal.   

trostol

ultimately you gotta do what ever you are comfortable and happy with...

TigerLily

Quote from: 73s on June 05, 2016, 09:45:59 AM
I wonder if the excellent hosts just get too burned out from the hard work they put into it. The less-than-excellent ones seem to have no problem staying on the air for years and punching the clock  :-\

Sad but probably true.  Steve. Take all the time you need.  You are a smart talented guy. Whatever paths you follow I hope you find joy.  Don't worry about abandoning us. Did I just write that?  ;)

Ciardelo

Good luck in your future endeavors bateman. The world needs ditch-diggers too.

chefist

Quote from: Ciardelo on June 05, 2016, 04:38:57 PM

Ouch! WTF?

bateman

Quote from: Ciardelo on June 05, 2016, 04:38:57 PM

I'll be back, don't you worry, princess. 😘

Quote from: bateman on June 05, 2016, 05:38:37 PM
I'll be back, don't you worry, princess. 😘

And we'll be waiting. In the meantime, do stuff that makes you happy until everything you need is in place and the time is right for you. Godspeed, noble podcaster. It's always fun talking with you.

bateman

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 05, 2016, 05:53:38 PM
And we'll be waiting. In the meantime, do stuff that makes you happy until everything you need is in place and the time is right for you. Godspeed, noble podcaster. It's always fun talking with you.

Same to you. I've considered most of you friends, not just words on a screen.

Quote from: bateman on June 05, 2016, 05:54:26 PM

Likewise.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on June 05, 2016, 05:54:26 PM

chefist

Loved those true crime shows...you were on to something there...

CornyCrow

Quote from: chefist on June 05, 2016, 07:00:51 PM
Loved those true crime shows...you were on to something there...
Yeah, I just found him, and now he's leaving.  I enjoyed what I heard very much.  Good luck, Steve.

bateman

Quote from: Segundus on June 06, 2016, 03:59:55 PM
Yeah, I just found him, and now he's leaving.  I enjoyed what I heard very much.  Good luck, Steve.

Just taking some time to myself, that's all.

Element 115

Dr. MD MD

Well, we don't get off on paying attention to you. We just like the product you put out so get over yourself, go bang some tropical hos and get it out of your system...and then start doing your show again.  ;)

bateman

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 06, 2016, 07:29:16 PM
Well, we don't get off on paying attention to you. We just like the product you put out so get over yourself, go bang some tropical hos and get it out of your system...and then start doing your show again.  ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: 73s on June 05, 2016, 09:45:59 AM
"That's true!"

Can you interview the Gin Blossoms? I'd listen to that show.

ItsOver

Quote from: rekcuf on June 04, 2016, 08:45:07 PM
Folks:

Thankfully the meeting with Steve/WABC is still on. I'm trying to get him to bet on, furthermore, BELIEVE in himself. Unlike Art, Steve, has received the greatest bill of all after he was mugged; a clean bill of health.

I'm trying to put together the necessary funds, so I can fly out to New York (and negotiate a new contract for Steve.) I feel confident this will happen. I'm a very persuasive and passionate lover. How that's relevant to this business deal; only time will tell.

ps: Thanks to the 10's of people whom have sent me supportive pms.

-rekcuf182
LOL.  Eh, what kind of livestock are you into?

AZZERAE

it creates all kinds of expectations. I get emails literally every single day from people asking where the show went/when the next one is. I started the show because I wanted to produce something I'd want to listen to. I'm proud of what I've done. I'm happy the response has been so positive. But there's another part of me that wants to drop off the radar and get drunk in some tropical locale for months on end sans internet connection.

This makes me love your show a whole lot more.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 06, 2016, 07:29:16 PM
we don't get off on paying attention to you.

Its rather difficult to separate a host from their work.

Quote from: ItsOver on June 06, 2016, 08:42:52 PM
LOL.  Eh, what kind of livestock are you into?

Folks:

I'm fond of most animals, but I've fallen in love with a horse whoms owner frequents this very forum. I've said too much already...

Anyways, I squandered the funds that you folks sent to me for Steve's "big" meeting. Those tens of dollars really go fast when you have a crippling addiction to black market breast milk. *sigh* At least I'm not thirsty anymore.

It's 2000 miles to New York. This meeting is everything and nothing to me. Not even the dirty hobos I've been forced to share a train car with. I think I've finally  stumbled across a good omen. (Picture below)

Hey so the meeting is still on right? Did you get a bunch of PMs in support?