• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Recommend me some non-CT podcasts

Started by skidder, April 26, 2016, 01:19:55 AM

skidder

I think MITD is capably proving the theory that CT and alien visitation is just so 90s and over, so what else is worth listening to?  Any good science / tech / news podacasts people are enjoying?

Clearly gabcast and trainwreck aside, but MV is too busy frolicking in his money pit to make any shows.

Have you tried looking at this board? Just sayin'

albrecht

Quote from: skidder on April 26, 2016, 01:19:55 AM
I think MITD is capably proving the theory that CT and alien visitation is just so 90s and over, so what else is worth listening to?  Any good science / tech / news podacasts people are enjoying?

Clearly gabcast and trainwreck aside, but MV is too busy frolicking in his money pit to make any shows.
Hardcore History
Milt Rosenberg
Phil Hendrie

zeebo

Ok I'll admit I don't know what "CT" is except a state abbrev.  But anyway for science I like Astronomy Cast & Big Picture Science.  The former goes in-depth on astronomy/physics and related fields.  The latter is a wide-angle survey of various science topics, but you have to get past the really dorky humor.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on April 26, 2016, 09:56:01 PM
Ok I'll admit I don't know what "CT" is except a state abbrev.  But anyway for science I like Astronomy Cast & Big Picture Science.  The former goes in-depth on astronomy/physics and related fields.  The latter is a wide-angle survey of various science topics, but you have to get past the really dorky humor.

I am guessing Conspiracy Theory, but that is just because I have experience deciphering  Robert's random abbreviations during the live threads.

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 26, 2016, 10:02:00 PM
I am guessing Conspiracy Theory, but that is just because I have experience deciphering  Robert's random abbreviations during the live threads.

Aha, probably right.  The best I came up with was "Cryptid Trackers".

skidder

Yes conspiracy theory, sorry.  & yes, I have looked at this board but was hoping for some recommendations, as I am very time poor at the moment so wading through a bunch of mouth breathers self-congratulation to find the odd gem wasn't very appealing.  Thanks for the suggestions I will give them a whirl.

If you find a good one, let me know! I recommend Caravan to Midnight, but then I always do. It's a subscription site, sorry. You can get some samples on youtube,
or you can try my buddies at EODR.

bigchucka

Joe Rogan Experience sometimes goes science related.  I also listen to former UFC star Chael Sonnen's podcast. And for that, You're Welcome.

Robert

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 26, 2016, 10:02:00 PMI am guessing Conspiracy Theory, but that is just because I have experience deciphering  Robert's random abbreviations during the live threads.
OK, but even I wouldn't've used that one.  Thanks for the good guess.  I'd quickly eliminated Computerized Tomography & Cheap Trick, and couldn't see why Conn.-originated podcasts would be to be avoided.

Robert

Quote from: skidder on April 26, 2016, 01:19:55 AMAny good science / tech / news podacasts people are enjoying?
I've listened to only a program or two of Benjamen Walker's since he left WFMU's air, but I'll recommend him on general principles:
http://tmi.wfmu.org/
https://toe.prx.org/
https://wfmu.org/playlists/TI