• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 03, 2016, 09:53:35 PM
Computer Beach Party?

Sure! Call Moondoggy and Gidget and we'll have an old fashioned coding party at the beach!  :D

Zenman

That was fun. Have a great weekend all.   :D

For a second I thought she said Steve Bartman.  LoL

I don't think he is ready to come out of hiding quite yet - maybe later this year.

73s

Goodnight Amy and BellGab. Fun night!

Lilith

That was FUN!

Thanks Everyone!

( Amy )

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 03, 2016, 09:56:08 PM
For a second I thought she said Steve Bartman.  LoL

I don't think he is ready to come out of hiding quite yet - maybe later this year.

There is absolutely no telling what I said.

What a night!

THANKS for listening, and especially to all from Bellgab who called in!

Special thanks to 73's for being my first mystery guest.

Hope some of you will join us this weekend for the film watch party. Have a good night!

GravitySucks

Quote from: ( Amy ) on June 03, 2016, 10:00:19 PM
There is absolutely no telling what I said.

What a night!

THANKS for listening, and especially to all from Bellgab who called in!

Special thanks to 73's for being my first mystery guest.

Hope some of you will join us this weekend for the film watch party. Have a good night!

Thanks for doing the heavy lifting.

PrairieGhost

Thanks for listening everyone and calling! You guys and gals make the network. It's about the listeners.

GravitySucks

Quote from: PrairieGhost on June 03, 2016, 10:06:44 PM
Thanks for listening everyone and calling! You guys and gals make the network. It's about the listeners.

Thanks to you for the excellent platform.

Tinfoil_Helm

Stoked on this.  How can I listen?  Is it members only?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on June 03, 2016, 11:14:19 PM

Live on deep talk radio network. Check out amyontheradio.com for times and to subscribe for the archives.

Lilith

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on June 03, 2016, 11:14:19 PM

The archives are members only, but its live and free for non-members M-F at 9PM eastern on DeepTalkRadioNetwork

http://amyontheradio.com/

analog kid

Quote from: ( Amy ) on June 03, 2016, 06:09:21 PM
Speaking of which, just as a reminder: MikeB (from #AmyTalk) will be hosting a Double-Feature on Saturday.
The movies will be "Computer Beach Party" and "Eyes Without a Face"

Will repost the Youtube streaming links as soon as they're up. We'll be having a live riff-chat too.

Has this been canceled?

I was saving some beer for it, but I went ahead and got drunk.

( Amy )

Quote from: analog kid on June 04, 2016, 07:18:39 PM
Has this been canceled?

I was saving some beer for it, but I went ahead and got drunk.

Nope.
It's going to be late this evening:

https://twitter.com/scotch2gmail/status/738952065947291648

analog kid

Quote from: ( Amy ) on June 04, 2016, 07:26:56 PM
Nope.
It's going to be late this evening:

Roger that, will be there.

edit: Waitaminute , that's 12am here. Doubt I'll be conscious at that point. Dangit.

Zenman

Will there be robot silhouettes?  :)

PrairieGhost

If some of you don't have tunein yet here is QR codes to download it on your smart phone.

PrairieGhost

Hey, fellow Gabbers that are Amy fans! Please follow her on twitter if you're not following her and also if you would, retweet this tweet and like it. If you have a Facebook account, please click the link to join the show group. Every listener counts and I appreciate you listening and subscribing to her archives.

Just so you know Amy didn't ask me to do this. I figured I've been on here long enough that you guys and gals know me and I'd do it to help her out as much as possible. You guys and gals are the best!

http://twitter.com/HauntedSkeptic_/status/739645434679824384

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PrairieGhost on June 06, 2016, 02:06:56 PM
Hey, fellow Gabbers that are Amy fans! Please follow her on twitter if you're not following her and also if you would, retweet this tweet and like it. If you have a Facebook account, please click the link to join the show group. Every listener counts and I appreciate you listening and subscribing to her archives.

Just so you know Amy didn't ask me to do this. I figured I've been on here long enough that you guys and gals know me and I'd do it to help her out as much as possible. You guys and gals are the best!

http://twitter.com/HauntedSkeptic_/status/739645434679824384

I don't tweet or facebook but I will continue to recommend Amy's show to cats and kittens I consider cool enough for it.  8)

Ciardelo

Quote from: PrairieGhost on June 06, 2016, 02:06:56 PM

The best at what?  :)

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Zenman on June 06, 2016, 04:55:42 PM
Vague lovability.

Exactly! LOL ;)

Tonight will be a replay of Dr. Caleb Lack (Clinical Psychologist, Researcher)

Show page: http://amyontheradio.com/2016/06/02/thursday-june-2nd-dr-caleb-lack/

Computer went down and is getting fixed. Sometimes things happen that you have no control over. Good news is the replay is really good. :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: PrairieGhost on June 06, 2016, 05:06:22 PM
Exactly! LOL ;)

Tonight will be a replay of Dr. Caleb Lack (Clinical Psychologist, Researcher)

Show page: http://amyontheradio.com/2016/06/02/thursday-june-2nd-dr-caleb-lack/

Computer went down and is getting fixed. Sometimes things happen that you have no control over. Good news is the replay is really good. :)

Oh Braaps!

Zenman

Here are some random chat room comments from Saturday Night's Double Feature Event. The movies were exquisitely abominable:   :)

"The bird is the only one who can act in this film."
"Her bra should have been credited as supporting actress."
"You can tell he's a professor because he's German."

Servo and Crow would be proud.   ;D

Also Gypsy.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Zenman on June 06, 2016, 05:11:34 PM
Here are some random chat room comments from Saturday Night's Double Feature Event. The movies were exquisitely abominable:   :)

"The bird is the only one who can act in this film."
"Her bra should have been credited as supporting actress."
"You can tell he's a professor because he's German."

Servo and Crow would be proud.   ;D

Also Gypsy.

It was a good time.

( Amy )

Gabbing from mobile. Any recommended Android apps for Simple Machines Forums?

I did not envision babysitting laptop backup and running Combofix all night. Laptop expressing symptoms of corrupt OS FS and malware. Probably from one of those sites I tried to access for "public domain films" over the weekend.

Laptop is the workhorse for the show. Due to the hardware setup, I have to run separate PC for DJ, broadcasting tools, and recording. Can't task switch without risking crash of SQL server and losing recorded audio. I run interviews over eth hardline through Skype on laptop and cross-task between show notes, questions, Satellite and social media. iPad is only good for taking calls on another Skype line and doesn't like task-switching. Have another PC but no display without unhinging TV from wall in other room or disassembling my MAME arcade box for its monitor (requires heavy lifting). Also low on studio space so laptop fits nicely between rest of equipment on mixing desk.

So working on this laptop. Hate Windows but necessary evil for all other software I use.

Guest already rescheduled for Monday. Will be welcoming on Billy Roan, former bandmate and former guitarist of The Deadlights then. Tomorrow will be Max Katz, discussing genetically modified foods. Wednesday will be Robert Sullivan talking Freemasonry. He's been on other talk programs but this interview will be different.