• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 03, 2016, 08:01:10 PM
Sugar is gluten free. That means it's good for you. If you're psychic you know I'm right.
C2C had some doctor some years ago, I forget his name but he was a doctor I liked. Said smoking was good for you, eat eggs and meat, fat is good for you, salt was good for you, drinking is ok and good for you, and I think even went so far to claim tobacco could fight cancer. It was bizarre but funny.
Dr. William Campbell Douglass was the guest.

Dr. MD MD

Yeah, good interview 73s!  :)

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 03, 2016, 08:03:27 PM
Good one 73's!

+1 for your appearance

+100,000 on getting out of Engineering.     

gabrielle

Good job 73s.  I am really enjoying the show.  It is very pleasant to listen to.

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on June 03, 2016, 08:04:19 PM
C2C had some doctor some years ago, I forget his name but he was a doctor I liked. Said smoking was good for you, eat eggs and meat, fat is good for you, salt was good for you, drinking is ok and good for you, and I think even went so far to claim tobacco could fight cancer. It was bizarre but funny.

That is exactly what I believe. I am not kidding.

Edit- Given that there's a huge difference between tobacco and cigarettes. I love tobacco but hate cigarettes. They make me want to puke.

Lilith

I heard that interview believe it or not, and really enjoyed it!

Methinks he spoke TRUTH!

If you're psychic, you'll know I'm right!

akwilly

My kind of doctor! Too bad he wasn't a gynecologist. I would have liked to hear his advice to the lady's

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 03, 2016, 08:06:39 PM

Edit- Given that there's a huge difference between tobacco and cigarettes. I love tobacco but hate cigarettes. They make me want to puke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yCeFmn_e2c

:D

gabrielle

Quote from: akwilly on June 03, 2016, 08:10:16 PM
My kind of doctor! Too bad he wasn't a gynecologist. I would have liked to hear his advice to the lady's

LOL

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 03, 2016, 08:06:39 PM
There has been stuff recently how certain fats are needed and with regard to Alzheimers etc. Tobacco is thought to be an attempt to self-medicate for those with schizophrenia. And I've seen some studies about tobacco use in Sweden versus the US stuff (our stuff whether smoking or chewing is cured using fire and has many other chemicals added which might be the source of the carcinogen rather than the plant itself?) All I know is most of my relatives made it into the 80s or beyond and they ate big meals with meat, fish, salt, and potatoes and lots of dairy. So I don't think it is the fatty foods, maybe the chemicals, hormones, and packaging and "fast" food and more sedentary lifestyles are the real problem? And Cokes (sodas not the drug.)

73s

Quote from: PrairieGhost on June 03, 2016, 08:12:08 PM
Great job 73's

Thanks man. A little nervous but it was fun.

analog kid

Mckenna was fun to listen to, but some of his ideas were about as scientific as the reverse speech guy David Oates'.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 03, 2016, 08:13:17 PM
Uncle Creepy Bateman!

No, this is the dude she had on from Fangoria.

73s

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 03, 2016, 08:04:39 PM
+1 for your appearance

+100,000 on getting out of Engineering.   

Lol! Well it wasn't for me, but it did make decent money  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: analog kid on June 03, 2016, 08:14:09 PM
Mckenna was fun to listen to, but some of his ideas were about as scientific as the reverse speech guy David Oates'.

I didn't say they were scientific, I said they were interesting. It's mostly speculation about that far back, anyway.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: 73s on June 03, 2016, 08:13:52 PM

You sounded good!

bateman

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 03, 2016, 08:15:08 PM
Sounds like. Am I wrong?

I haven't called any show since that GabCast. 😛

Lilith

I'll give Uncle Creepys Mind Waves a chance.  I'm not a horror movie fan tho.  Not big on anything TV much either.  :-[

analog kid

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 03, 2016, 08:16:18 PM
I didn't say they were scientific, I said they were interesting. It's mostly speculation about that far back, anyway.

He had some wacky ones though, like numerology, 2012 predictions, the whole Timewave Zero, I Ching thing.

Lilith

Quote from: 73s on June 03, 2016, 08:13:52 PM

THANK YOU 73's!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bateman on June 03, 2016, 08:17:04 PM
I haven't called any show since that GabCast. 😛

We need another quality show to listen to. Heather and Hoagie just aren't cutting it. Can we expect any new Dark City in the NEAR future?  ???

73s

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 03, 2016, 07:46:12 PM
You really need the protein more after the run, when your muscles are attempting repair.

Yep.

The book I was referring to as a reference for sports nutrition is Nancy Clark's "Sports Nutrition Guidebook".  An RD who has specialized in this area for many years, recommended by my prof who was also a runner.

73s

Quote from: brig on June 03, 2016, 08:18:43 PM
THANK YOU 73's!

Thanks for listening to me ramble Brig!  ;D