• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Getting back on the George Noory Train....

Started by VegasI15, March 01, 2016, 01:11:36 AM

Tonight's guest was actually getting interesting before the last hour break, talking about islands that used to be on maps but are no more.

Then, it's the news break and Snorge comes back on and starts Snorging it up with his cue cards, reading completely unrelated questions pushing alien-human hybrids..."There's nothing we can do to stop these aliens!" says Snorge, trying to scare. He beats that horse for a while, then gets into his usual not responding to what the guest is saying and being Mr. Nice Snorge to his caliber of callers...

At least Snorge is consistent and provides some comedy relief at times, but it's a tough slog. I shut him off more than I listen.

Strange rambling caller on now who sounds like a stalker "Do you remember me? I met you before...Do you remember me?" Wow, the caller is on for a long time. Which is good for Snorge, as then he can "coast" and not do much. He seems to like the freaky callers.

zeebo

Quote from: From the High Desert... on March 23, 2016, 02:45:49 AM
..."There's nothing we can do to stop these aliens!" says Snorge, trying to scare. ...

Next he'll riff on one of his old standbys ..."What's happening with aliens these days?!  They're just going crazy all over!"

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on March 24, 2016, 08:13:45 PM
Next he'll riff on one of his old standbys ..."What's happening with aliens these days?!  They're just going crazy all over!"
"Up next, those crazy alien opeen lines!"

Zetaspeak

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 04, 2016, 10:28:54 PM
Too many shows about current events, alternative health, consciousness leave me cold.  Plus he asks terrible questions with lousy followups when there is a followup.

Those shows are defiantly the shows I just can't listen to anymore. They seem to be on ALL the time now. Also open lines have become a no-go for me also and now it's become twice a week.

I used to be a supporter of Noory when he started, I defended him when people started to turn on him on other boards. I would always say "Well at least he's trying to keep the genre going" and "the alternative is just more politics radio which we get sooo much the other 20 hours"

But over time, his shows have become close to closer to every other show on the AM dial. He starts coming off as a bit of a phoney and seems to take the lazy way out and not have any passion what so ever.

He always brags in not taking a vacation, but he probably seriously should, hopefully that could somewhat re-energize him, because these days the show just seems to be plodding along. Taking a 6 week vacation would at least give C2C a different and maybe he can return with some fresh ideas (yeah I know it's a stretch lol)