• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

USSC Justice Scalia Dead at 79

Started by VtaGeezer, February 13, 2016, 04:13:01 PM

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on February 15, 2016, 11:00:18 AM
Back to the subject. Why no autopsy and in keeping with C2C/ArtBell themes IF he was killed who did it?

ps: regarding the other subjects. There is no such thing as Asperger's anymore (in the USA, if you are in Canada or another country than you could have have per WHO ICD material.) Haven't you all been updated on the latest DSM? So sorry 136, but, like Pluto, you have been demoted to being, in the USA, on a "spectrum."  ;)

Politics1.com @Politics1com
Scalia family declines to order autopsy; but conspiracy theorists spin murder claims based on seemingly one inaccurate TX newspaper report.

I haven't seen the latest DSM, but I think it's like cancer, there is 'autism spectrum disorder' but I think there are still specific types of autism.

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on February 15, 2016, 11:04:39 AM
Politics1.com @Politics1com
Scalia family declines to order autopsy; but conspiracy theorists spin murder claims based on seemingly one inaccurate TX newspaper report.

I haven't seen the latest DSM, but I think it's like cancer, there is 'autism spectrum disorder' but I think there are still specific types of autism.
I understand about the family wishes but, considering we paid his salary and his prominent position, arguably more powerful than the President even, I demand a full accounting and autopsy. If anything it would be in the nation's interest for all Parties, and parties in the general sense, to have information lest more conspiracy theories abound or more Polarization and even Balkanization occurs. (Yes, yes, I know that Obama in particular, strives for such Balkanization and, as he calls it,' the destruction 'fundamental change' of the country but, in theory, even he would gain from a complete disclosure of the events and details of the death- assuming, of course, that he or his minions had nothing to do with it which is a reasonable assumption but questions will linger/fester since no autopsy or information.) Why should anyone be afraid of truth or information being released? You are a Justice, or President, and exist on the tax-payers dime than you give up your family privilege to no autopsy or investigation.
ps: in the USA there is no more Asperger's. Simply a spectrum, thus saith the experts (now, could change with version 6 of the DSM.)

136 or 142

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 15, 2016, 11:03:21 AM

Thank fuck for that. And what you clearly think is anything but..If you insist on putting words in others' mouths at least be polite and ask if you can first.

I'll do that if you tell me if I've annoyed you rather than avoiding it by becoming a grammar policeman.

Sorry I told you to go fuck yourself. 

Quote from: 136 or 142 on February 15, 2016, 10:34:44 AM
I find it hard to feel any sympathy to a person who wants to be treated with respect for his situation but seems to be completely lack empathy for anybody else's.

Then I suppose you have no sympathy for yourself.  You're ripping Scalia a new asshole in the immediate aftermath of his death, but you get all buttsore over some perceived slight that someone here makes about you.

You and Falkie are two peas in a pod.  He has no problem with excoriating others in the most crude fashion, but can't stomach ANY criticism, to the point of jamming his fingers in his ears and humming when it happens.

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on February 15, 2016, 11:10:42 AM
I understand about the family wishes but, considering we paid his salary and his prominent position, arguably more powerful than the President even, I demand a full accounting and autopsy. If anything it would be in the nation's interest for all Parties, and parties in the general sense, to have information lest more conspiracy theories abound or more Polarization and even Balkanization occurs. (Yes, yes, I know that Obama in particular, strives for such Balkanization and, as he calls it,' the destruction 'fundamental change of the country but, in theory, even he would gain from a complete disclosure of the events and details of the death- assuming, of course, they he or his minions had nothing to do with it.) Why should anyone be afraid of truth or information being released? You are a Justice, or President, and exist on the tax-payers time than you give up your family privilege to no autopsy or investigation.

I understand your sentiment on this and quite agree with you, but I guess there's no law requiring an autopsy in this situation, so there isn't much you can do.

Phone your Congressperson rather than post here, though I'm sure it will end up with the same result.

136 or 142

Quote from: FearBoysWithBugs on February 15, 2016, 11:12:11 AM
Then I suppose you have no sympathy for yourself.  You're ripping Scalia a new asshole in the immediate aftermath of his death, but you get all buttsore over some perceived slight that someone here makes about you.

You and Falkie are two peas in a pod.  He has no problem with excoriating others in the most crude fashion, but can't stomach ANY criticism, to the point of jamming his fingers in his ears and humming when it happens.

No.  I exchange vicious insults with my friends much worse than what has been said here.  I never complained to you about your comments and in regards to my personal situation, asperger's isn't considered to be a mental challenge and I don't feel particularly mentally challenged, especially considering what frequently passes for 'logic' around here and I have no family members who are mentally challenged.

I was asking SredniVashtar why he was lecturing me but gave a pass to your stupid comments. 

I actually can't remember why I mentioned that I have asperger's but it had nothing to do in response to your idiotic comments.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on February 15, 2016, 09:45:01 AM
I realize you think your 'funny' and are 'making jokes', but using terms like 'retard' and 'special needs child' is in pretty poor taste. 

I think you should log off of Bellgab and do a little catching up.  "Retard" has long since been abandoned as a descriptive term in place of terms like "mentally challenged" and "delayed" by everyone except for douchebags.  So the word "retard" is like an abandoned copyright.  It can be repurposed for another use -- in this case, as a descriptive term for someone of nominal intelligence who acts like a moron. 

It's analogous to the word "nigger."  Nobody who has any character uses that word in its original pejorative sense anymore.  So (mostly black) people have repurposed it to use in a different, though related sense.  "'Sup, mah niggah" and so forth.

So when I call you a "retard," it's actually an affectionate usage of that word and you should find joy and happiness that someone cares that much about you, rather than wallowing in da butthurt.

We cool now, niggah?

[EDIT] I should point out for the record that I called you a retard before I knew that you had Asperger's.  Realizing that, I will no longer call you a retard because I don't want to cause any unintentional distress.  You know, using the very discretion we have unsuccessfully been trying to teach you to use.

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on February 15, 2016, 11:12:39 AM
I understand your sentiment on this and quite agree with you, but I guess there's no law requiring an autopsy in this situation, so there isn't much you can do.

Phone your Congressperson rather than post here, though I'm sure it will end up with the same result.
Yeah. Dang, if I went through that land-deal decades ago I've could brought pressure on the JP locally at least. Oh well. I would be interested to see what, if any, movement stock-wise on companies dealing with coal before/after Obama's guy's, only speculation and since no information is released and 'case closed' all we can do is speculate, got him. Heck, considering the region maybe one of Obama's DREAMERs and/or illegal aliens did the job even? They do jobs "Americans won't do" after all and certainly owe Obama some favors. Just random speculation and theories, no accusations. ;)

136 or 142

Quote from: FearBoysWithBugs on February 15, 2016, 11:18:58 AM
I think you should log off of Bellgab and do a little catching up.  "Retard" has long since been abandoned as a descriptive term in place of terms like "mentally challenged" and "delayed" by everyone except for douchebags.  So the word "retard" is like an abandoned copyright.  It can be repurposed for another use -- in this case, as a descriptive term for someone of nominal intelligence who acts like a moron. 

It's analogous to the word "nigger."  Nobody who has any character uses that word in its original pejorative sense anymore.  So (mostly black) people have repurposed it to use in a different, though related sense.  "'Sup, mah niggah" and so forth.

So when I call you a "retard," it's actually an affectionate usage of that word and you should find joy and happiness that someone cares that much about you, rather than wallowing in da butthurt.

We cool now, niggah?

Hah, some of that is actually funny.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 136 or 142 on February 15, 2016, 10:55:50 AM
You know, I'm going to take fearsboyswithbugs advice on this and not respond point by point (not that that was exactly his advice) other than to point out that I'm rolling my eyes at the nonsensical distinctions presented here and the idea that "words used with precision" and hateful "words used in a lighthearted exchange" are easy to discern.

If you genuinely have some disability (and it's not a kind of rhetorical wangle to get sympathy for yourself) then you probably don't. Most people can, though, so I will leave it there. It would take too long to show you the difference and you still wouldn't understand.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on February 15, 2016, 10:55:50 AM
Oh yeah,  I guess I will make another point. Given what I just wrote above, I think you still have a lot to learn as well, the main one being that if you're going to demand respect for your situation then you probably shouldn't be telling other people how they should respond to other people's hate filed words in other situations no matter in what light they may be expressed.

I don't demand respect from anyone. I initially answered a question of yours, and you responded by being snide. I was pointing out why it was a good idea to behave in a more respectful way, while you were more interested in your right to be unpleasant. Fair enough, it's your life, I'm not going to live it for you. The trouble is, you're not particularly sophisticated and have trouble handling an argument without breathing through the mouth and getting your feathers ruffled. No doubt you'll learn in the end.

onan

Quote from: albrecht on February 15, 2016, 11:00:18 AM
Back to the subject. Why no autopsy and in keeping with C2C/ArtBell themes IF he was killed who did it?

ps: regarding the other subjects. There is no such thing as Asperger's anymore (in the USA, if you are in Canada or another country than you could have it per WHO ICD material, though.) Haven't you all been updated on the latest DSM? So sorry 136, but, like Pluto, you have been demoted to being, in the USA at least, simply on a "spectrum."  ;)

Two things, if there is no suspicion regarding a death. A death that occurs in what would be considered a normal place for the deceased to be, and the family makes it plain they do not want an autopsy, no autopsy will be preformed. He was close to 80, overweight, and smoked cigarettes. He had a great run. And no, a heart attack gun wasn't used.

Asperger's syndrome was taken out of the DSM for clarity's sake. Many children were being diagnosed with Asperger's when those children were well below the scale for Asperger's. Many times this happened because parents would refuse to take their child for treatment if they clung to the idea their child had Asperger's.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on February 15, 2016, 11:10:42 AM
You are a Justice, or President, and exist on the tax-payers dime than you give up your family privilege to no autopsy or investigation.

Why stop at those on the big bucks? What about police, fire, medical staff? Government workers in general? Stuff the family wishes, the tax payer calls the tune.

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 15, 2016, 11:21:39 AM
If you genuinely have some disability (and it's not a kind of rhetorical wangle to get sympathy for yourself)
Um. "Differently-abled," please. Disabled has also been put on the politically-correct chopping-block.

I don't demand respect from anyone.

That's certainly a lucky break for your pride.

136 or 142

If you genuinely have some disability (and it's not a kind of rhetorical wangle to get sympathy for yourself) then you probably don't. Most people can, though, so I will leave it there. It would take too long to show you the difference and you still wouldn't understand.

I have no idea on what you base the idea that 'most people can.'  My experience is that people frequently misinterpret other people's words and also that a great many people seem to take offense at the slightest thing, the exact opposite of what you claim.  Maybe you just frequent the rarefied air of your fellow geniuses who don't have these problems.

Again, the thing that is most clear in your comments is you obviously feel you have a superior intellect and I also have no idea on what you base this opinion of yourself.

At the risk of being accused of both using a term incorrectly and using a 'trendy' term I think you are suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect.

onan

Quote from: albrecht on February 15, 2016, 11:26:21 AM
Um. "Differently-abled," please. Disabled has also been put on the politically-correct chopping-block.

There was a time, a short time where this did happen. However, disability and disabled, are still used all the time. Even in documentation for the sensitives to read. The term developmentally disabled is also still used instead of retard.

136 or 142

Quote from: FearBoysWithBugs on February 15, 2016, 11:18:58 AM
[EDIT] I should point out for the record that I called you a retard before I knew that you had Asperger's.  Realizing that, I will no longer call you a retard because I don't want to cause any unintentional distress.  You know, using the very discretion we have unsuccessfully been trying to teach you to use.

You can call me anything you like. 

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 15, 2016, 11:26:03 AM
Why stop at those on the big bucks? What about police, fire, medical staff? Government workers in general? Stuff the family wishes, the tax payer calls the tune.
Actually I agree with you to an extent. (Police, fire, and medical staff aren't Federally paid, for the most part, but certain local tax-payers have the right to know if any of them are murdered.) Any death should be investigated at least a bit, if at all suspicious, even just for a cursory ruling. And in keeping with the circumstances and position of power. A Supreme Court Justice, in this case as an example, has more power or potential enemies than some city health inspector, for example. Does this mean if a health inspector suddenly dies in odd situation after he just closed down some restaurant that it shouldn't be investigated? Of course not. But when a Justice dies it should call for more investigation than some JP over the telephone and an autopsy should be performed.

Quote from: onan on February 15, 2016, 11:30:37 AM
There was a time, a short time where this did happen. However, disability and disabled, are still used all the time. Even in documentation for the sensitives to read. The term developmentally disabled is also still used instead of retard.

I know that in the USA, Deaf people shun the term "disabled" to describe themselves, even though as a practical matter, they need to ally themselves with disabled people for political purposes.

136 or 142

Quote from: onan on February 15, 2016, 11:24:38 AM
Two things, if there is no suspicion regarding a death. A death that occurs in what would be considered a normal place for the deceased to be, and the family makes it plain they do not want an autopsy, no autopsy will be preformed. He was close to 80, overweight, and smoked cigarettes. He had a great run. And no, a heart attack gun wasn't used.

Apparently he also visited his doctor just days before going on this trip.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: FearBoysWithBugs on February 15, 2016, 11:28:33 AM
That's certainly a lucky break for your pride.

(I thought this was the Falkie thread for a minute)  :)

Yeah, yeah. This mockery comes from a place of simple jealousy. Be nice to me and I might let you borrow my larynx. That way you might get within spitting distance of a woman for once.

Edit: You'd need to be out of prison first.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on February 15, 2016, 11:31:36 AM
You can call me anything you like.

[shrug] Retard it is, then.

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you a chick?  Because this whole do-si-do about complaining about something and then turning around and disclaiming any interest once the original buttsore is salved is something that just screams "female" to me.  And every other heterosexual male.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 15, 2016, 11:35:00 AM
Edit: You'd need to be out of prison first.

There's always a catch with you limeys.  That's why we kicked you to the curb 12 generations ago.

Quote from: onan on February 15, 2016, 11:24:38 AM

I think we all can agree; Art's "stalker" killed Scalia.

onan

Quote from: FearBoysWithBugs on February 15, 2016, 11:32:28 AM
I know that in the USA, Deaf people shun the term "disabled" to describe themselves, even though as a practical matter, they need to ally themselves with disabled people for political purposes.

There are factions that do indeed shun the term. I have so little to do with the deaf, that I don't have much to say. (fuck, fancy that.)

albrecht

Quote from: onan on February 15, 2016, 11:30:37 AM
Thanks. One never knows what the proper terms for things are and one must be ever so careful lest people find offense. Sometimes I wonder if it is not the SJW and the crazy politicians but just the publishing and editing companies and bureaucrats just trying to keep busy and a job and contracts. The latest I've heard is that various governments are taking gender out of government documents- lots of reprints, revising, and editing.

Back to subject:
Who killed him and why? I'm up for alternative theories that "Big Coal" did it even since, as with most conspiracy theories or mysteries, the obvious "Obama," or butler, is not always the culprit!

136 or 142

Quote from: FearBoysWithBugs on February 15, 2016, 11:35:04 AM
[shrug] Retard it is, then.

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you a chick?  Because this whole do-si-do about complaining about something and then turning around and disclaiming any interest once the original buttsore is salved is something that just screams "female" to me.  And every other heterosexual male.

If I was complaining about the use of those terms I would have complained about them to you. I never did.  I explained why I brought them up and I further said that I found the explanation from our sufferer of the Dunning-Kruger effect on why he didn't call you out on them to be wholly unsatisfactory.

onan

Quote from: rekcuf on February 15, 2016, 11:36:28 AM
I think we all can agree; Art's "stalker" killed Scalia.

I thought that at first. Now I think Ruth did it. She sexed him to death.

Quote from: onan on February 15, 2016, 11:38:46 AM
I thought that at first. Now I think Ruth did it. She sexed him to death.

She's a kinky little minx. And limber! Betting Line: Pick 'em

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on February 15, 2016, 11:33:03 AM
Apparently he also visited his doctor just days before going on this trip.
Another suspect! Messing with the meds or substituting meds. I recall some Columbo, or similar show, with that M.O. Interesting. The plot thickens. I'm sure the local JP will sort it out.

ps: Onan, I also rule out the heart-attack gun because such old technology. We are far beyond Church Commission stuff if 'they' or 'people' want someone to die.