• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How I would change, Midnight in the Desert.

Started by Keykou, February 12, 2016, 12:26:57 PM

Keykou

Of course I would like the archives and wormhole to be free, it just seems everyone wants to nickel and dime us to death.

Otherwise if your going to blend TRUTH with making money, this is what I propose.

Keep two sets of archives,

Keep a premium pay system for commercial free shows with the wormhole.

Sell six months to one year access gift things  that you can add to a birthday card or is even the make it the birthday card itself.

That would be a nice touch.

But also in addition to paying for archives have…..

A free archive of past shows with commercials and no wormhole access (except have it for free on Friday nights). 

Sell the live show commercials but also sell archived show commercials. The idea is more work but more pay.

The archived shows would eventually have more listeners then the live shows and should be worth more in commercials over all.

You could sell, add and remove commercials every 1, 3, 6  months to a year. (Don't be lazy, eventually it will pay off)

Why loose listeners just because they can’t stay up late or are not willing to pay $5 a month?

YOU WANT LISTENERS any way you can get them.

On a different subject.

Maybe someone should ask Art if he would be willing to do his show a few hours earlier.

That way he wouldn’t be in direct competition with Noory and thus then maybe Art would be left alone.

But also while walking to his building it would be in the daytime so he could easier scout out the surroundings.

Auslandia

If Heather did the show earlier it really wouldn't be midnight in the desert. Although a case could be made that she may not be in the desert anyway.

Uncle Duke

That would depend on his whether I wanted to make MITD a quality, national program with a respectable terrestrial radio network, or keep it a small time, minor league internet show.

Ciardelo

I would first try, to use commas, responsibly.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Keykou on February 12, 2016, 12:26:57 PM

Of course I would like the archives and wormhole to be free, it just seems everyone wants to nickel and dime us to death.

Otherwise if your going to blend TRUTH with making money, this is what I propose.

Keep two sets of archives,

Keep a premium pay system for commercial free shows with the wormhole.

Sell six months to one year access gift things  that you can add to a birthday card or is even the make it the birthday card itself.

That would be a nice touch.

But also in addition to paying for archives have…..

A free archive of past shows with commercials and no wormhole access (except have it for free on Friday nights). 

Sell the live show commercials but also sell archived show commercials. The idea is more work but more pay.

The archived shows would eventually have more listeners then the live shows and should be worth more in commercials over all.

You could sell, add and remove commercials every 1, 3, 6  months to a year. (Don't be lazy, eventually it will pay off)

Why loose listeners just because they can’t stay up late or are not willing to pay $5 a month?

YOU WANT LISTENERS any way you can get them.

On a different subject.

Maybe someone should ask Art if he would be willing to do his show a few hours earlier.

That way he wouldn’t be in direct competition with Noory and thus then maybe Art would be left alone.

But also while walking to his building it would be in the daytime so he could easier scout out the surroundings.

The subscription model works great for HBO and many of its more successful imitators. The trouble happens when any two-bit podcaster with a headset decides that subs can work for them, too.

The "cutting the cord" trend among consumers is a direct rejection of the piling on that has happened with second and third-rate cable networks trying to get their share of the HBO pie. Podcasters should note that $5 a month is $5 a month, whether it's the cable company adding fees or raising rates or just some wannabe podcaster that thinks they're worth the money.

Consumers don't care to differentiate. They won't enjoy paying for something they either don't watch, listen to or enjoy sufficiently. Eventually, they'll cancel their subs.

Kolchak

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 12, 2016, 12:48:48 PM
I would first try, to use commas, responsibly.

I thought this was a letter addressed to MitD about how the poster wants to better themselves.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Kolchak on February 12, 2016, 05:20:11 PM
I thought this was a letter addressed to MitD about how the poster wants to better themselves.

Well played.

Freyja

Time travel......back to Dec. 2015.

It existed then....it really doesn't today...barely in name only.

BellBoy

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 12, 2016, 12:44:16 PM
That would depend on his whether I wanted to make MITD a quality, national program with a respectable terrestrial radio network, or keep it a small time, minor league internet show.

OOPS! Too late...

henge0stone

These are good ideas, I would probably listen if it were free.

The name should be changed now that Art said she should make it her show, unless Heather is in the Desert..

Keykou

Art said the same thing to George Noory, "Make it your show".

Heather is more like George then Art.

If Art isn't coming back I'll be going to bed about the time the show starts.

And since I'm not going to pay a monthly fee to listen.

I will never really hear the show.

So I guess all this doesn't really matter.

But I'll say this.

I turned off the show last night after a guy called and he wanted to talk about a ufo black list,

But his phone wasn't perfect quality so Heather cut him off and disconnected him .

And the next caller was nothing but bullshit like 95% of the calls to Heather.

The thing was I could hear the caller she cut off just fine and I wanted to hear about the UFO black list.

That reminds me of the shit Noory does to someone when they are going to say something interestling.

It's hard to listen to a show when you get pissed off, on and off throughout the show.

Sean92008

The first thing that I would do to improve the appeal of the show would be to change the name to "Enter the Wormhole of Heather Wade."

Sean92008

Quote from: Keykou on February 12, 2016, 12:26:57 PM

Crazy knows no time. Art will be the same no matter what time of day it is.

Uncle Duke

onan

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 13, 2016, 12:04:38 PM
I see a book here, "Quantum Physics for the Mentally Ill".

To understand quantum physics, the argument could be made, that one would have to be mentally ill.

switch formats to "Heather Wade's Morning Zoo" . Have Heather be the host while Wolfmunda and Juanmunda co-host. Sassy/Cassy can be the hole.

ItsOver

Quote from: Keykou on February 13, 2016, 11:30:05 AM
Art said the same thing to George Noory, "Make it your show".

Heather is more like George then Art.

If Art isn't coming back I'll be going to bed about the time the show starts.

And since I'm not going to pay a monthly fee to listen.

I will never really hear the show.

So I guess all this doesn't really matter.

But I'll say this.

I turned off the show last night after a guy called and he wanted to talk about a ufo black list,

But his phone wasn't perfect quality so Heather cut him off and disconnected him .

And the next caller was nothing but bullshit like 95% of the calls to Heather.

The thing was I could hear the caller she cut off just fine and I wanted to hear about the UFO black list.

That reminds me of the shit Noory does to someone when they are going to say something interestling.

It's hard to listen to a show when you get pissed off, on and off throughout the show.

"Heather gets it."

Jackstar

Quote from: Keykou on February 13, 2016, 11:30:05 AM

Good.

Sean92008

Better to have a pretty car parked on the driveway than one that runs and is on the freeway, huh JackStar?