• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

If Not Art Then MV!

Started by BettyO417, February 05, 2016, 08:01:37 PM

BettyO417

Attention BellGab! I'm about to delve into a serious subject and I need your help! I'm sure most of you were listening last night to The GabCast with our very own MV interviewing Art Bell. I thought MV's interview with Art was top notch.He really came through with the crazy guy and handled the situation with professionalism and a "your outta here dude" (If you listened a few other words were mentioned! Ha!)  a true indication of his abilities and ability to go on with the show.
I don't know if you remember MV stating his love for radio since he was a child. His example of his pirated neighborhood broadcasting station from his room, disturbing all his neighbors says it all. It's in his blood just like Art! With all that said, I want MV to sit in some nights for Art. As Art stated "it's a hard job to produce and broadcast. This would give Heather a much needed break a couple nights a week. It would be a dream come true for MV.  Art could come in 1 or 2 nights a week and still enjoy his family. This would give additional variety and new talent to MITD. This has to be presented to Art, Keith and Heather. The addition of MV would take the network over the top. Not only monetarily, but a chance to rebuild MITD. A draw for maybe Cummulis (sp.) Broadcasting and other terrestrial radio stations to rethink coming back to MITD over time. Rebuilding the show with diverse personalities. Certainly Time Travelers would return. Last evening almost crashed UFOShip Chat! It was phenomenal!
Think about Art's legacy in giving new found talent a chance! MV has the passion, he's respectful, forward thinking, a true broadcasting voice and not afraid to take it outside the box.
BellGab, we need a BLITZ! An MV BLITZ! Get your keyboards ready! Are you with me on this? Email, Graphics, Posts, Contacts, Art, Heather, Keith anywhere, anything you think we can do to make this happen! I believe in him and I believe he would be perfect in the "Seat"!
Let's make this happen!  ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: BettyO417 on February 05, 2016, 08:01:37 PM
Attention BellGab! I'm about to delve into a serious subject and I need your help! I'm sure most of you were listening last night to The GabCast with our very own MV interviewing Art Bell. I thought MV's interview with Art was top notch.He really came through with the crazy guy and handled the situation with professionalism and a "your outta here dude" (If you listened a few other words were mentioned! Ha!)  a true indication of his abilities and ability to go on with the show.
I don't know if you remember MV stating his love for radio since he was a child. His example of his pirated neighborhood broadcasting station from his room, disturbing all his neighbors says it all. It's in his blood just like Art! With all that said, I want MV to sit in some nights for Heather. As Art stated "it's a hard job to produce and broadcast. This would give Heather a much needed break a couple nights a week. It would be a dream come true for MV.  Art could come in 1 or 2 nights a week and still enjoy his family. This would give additional variety and new talent to MITD. This has to be presented to Art, Keith and Heather. The addition of MV would take the network over the top. Not only monetarily, but a chance to rebuild MITD. A draw for maybe Cummulis (sp.) Broadcasting and other terrestrial radio stations to rethink coming back to MITD over time. Rebuilding the show with diverse personalities. Certainly Time Travelers would return. Last evening almost crashed UFOShip Chat! It was phenomenal!
Think about Art's legacy in giving new found talent a chance! MV has the passion, he's respectful, forward thinking, a true broadcasting voice and not afraid to take it outside the box.
BellGab, we need a BLITZ! An MV BLITZ! Get your keyboards ready! Are you with me on this? Email, Graphics, Posts, Contacts, Art, Heather, Keith anywhere, anything you think we can do to make this happen! I believe in him and I believe he would be perfect in the "Seat"!
If MV is up for this, then I'll support him any way I can.  Praise MV!

GravitySucks

Quote from: starrmtn001 on February 05, 2016, 08:05:01 PM
If MV is up for this, then I'll support him any way I can.  Praise MV!

Not until I get Turbo mode.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: BettyO417 on February 05, 2016, 08:01:37 PM
I don't know if you remember MV stating his love for radio since he was a child. His example of his pirated neighborhood broadcasting station from his room, disturbing all his neighbors says it all. It's in his blood just like Art! With all that said, I want MV to sit in some nights for Heather. As Art stated "it's a hard job to produce and broadcast. This would give Heather a much needed break a couple nights a week. It would be a dream come true for MV.  Art could come in 1 or 2 nights a week and still enjoy his family. This would give additional variety and new talent to MITD. This has to be presented to Art, Keith and Heather. The addition of MV would take the network over the top. Not only monetarily, but a chance to rebuild MITD. A draw for maybe Cummulis (sp.) Broadcasting and other terrestrial radio stations to rethink coming back to MITD over time. Rebuilding the show with diverse personalities. Certainly Time Travelers would return. Last evening almost crashed UFOShip Chat! It was phenomenal!

You may have something here and you're not the first to propose that MV try sitting in the big chair. I have one suggestion for your pitch, which is not to say MV would be sitting in for Heather; MV would be sitting in for Art. There's a difference for a lot of people here. Let's hear what others have to say.

Ciardelo

Heather is doing great. 

MV strikes me more of a "passive income" kind of guy. No offense, but the dude has a sweet deal already what with the chans keeping shit stirred up and the lax "moderation" (praise MV!)   

There's a reason these guys don't do daily radio, just ask bateman. He'll tell you it ain't worth the effort. If it was, he would already be there  8)

ItsOver

I think MV is exceptional as a show host.  I look forward to his GabCast and would love to hear him in anything he deems worthy.  I know he's going to school, in addition to his regular job, plus his family committments.  He's a busy man.  He'll have to speak for his future plans and desires, of course.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Value Of Pi on February 05, 2016, 08:11:18 PM
You may have something here and you're not the first to propose that MV try sitting in the big chair. I have one suggestion for your pitch, which is not to say MV would be sitting in for Heather; MV would be sitting in for Art. There's a difference for a lot of people here. Let's hear what others have to say.
Yup. We just want a decent show. But if MITD ain't cutting it, plenty more in the sea.  :D

BettyO417

Quote from: Value Of Pi on February 05, 2016, 08:11:18 PM

Well stated Value of Pi and corrected! Looking for any help and or corrections! I believe MV can do this!

Ciardelo

Ms. Wade is to be commended for her effort. Regardless.  It's a shit sandwich and she is doing OK. Still better than sNoory any given day.

GravitySucks

I believe he needs to do a Radio Trainwreck.
#FreeEvelyn

Jackstar

Quote from: BettyO417 on February 05, 2016, 08:16:01 PM
I believe MV can do this!

I believe the inherent difficulty with this idea is that MV doesn't actually like to discuss the paranormal--like, at all.

I'm down for hours of relentless political commentary, though, hey, I'll even subscribe. True story.

Ciardelo

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 05, 2016, 08:18:25 PM
I believe he needs to do a Radio Trainwreck.
#FreeEvelyn
Speaking from my unique perspective, I concur.

#FreeEvelyn

BettyO417

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 05, 2016, 08:17:45 PM
Ms. Wade is to be commended for her effort. Regardless.  It's a shit sandwich and she is doing OK. Still better than sNoory any given day.

I agree Ciardelo. This would certainly free up time for Art and Heather. Each doing a few days a week! I'm sure Heather is exhausted producing and broadcasting. At least Heather has heart for the genre, snoory could give a damn...

BettyO417

Quote from: ItsOver on February 05, 2016, 08:13:03 PM
I think MV is exceptional as a show host.  I look forward to his GabCast and would love to hear him in anything he deems worthy.  I know he's going to school, in addition to his regular job, plus his family committments.  He's a busy man.  He'll have to speak for his future plans and desires, of course.

Thanks for your input ItsOver! The thought came over me like a tidal wave last night! After listening to MV talk about his love for radio from his childhood I knew I should start something. I realize a busy life, I was thinking a few nights a week for Art, Heather and MV. Each one living their dream and passion!

Ciardelo

Quote from: BettyO417 on February 05, 2016, 08:31:08 PM
Thanks for your input ItsOver! The thought came over me like a tidal wave last night! After listening to MV talk about his love for radio from his childhood I knew I should start something. I realize a busy life, I was thinking a few nights a week for Art, Heather and MV. Each one living their dream and passion!
It could of been handled SO much better agreed. But MV is not going to ever host MITD. Ever.

Nice thoughts though. :)

This is a great idea.  And as much I've hated the decision to put Heather up as host, I'd support her as having a background role.  Of course, it would probably involve little or no pay, so who knows how that would work. 

BettyO417

Quote from: Jackstar on February 05, 2016, 08:20:57 PM
I believe the inherent difficulty with this idea is that MV doesn't actually like to discuss the paranormal--like, at all.

I'm down for hours of relentless political commentary, though, hey, I'll even subscribe. True story.

Evening Jackstar! Maybe there's a fine line between the paranormal and political commentary! It's all surreal!

ItsOver

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 05, 2016, 08:34:08 PM
It could of been handled SO much better agreed. But MV is not going to ever host MITD. Ever.

Nice thoughts though. :)
I'd be surprised if MV has any interest in hosting MITD.  Frankly, at this stage, I'd be surprised any quality host would be interested in MITD.  Both Hughes and Warner weren't and I can certainly understand why.

Jackstar

Quote from: BettyO417 on February 05, 2016, 08:34:25 PM
between the paranormal and political commentary! It's all surreal!

Quote from: Trent Reznorshe spread herself wide open to let the insects in
she leaves a trail of honey to show me where she's been
she has the blood of reptile just underneath her skin
seeds from a thousand others drip down from within
oh my beautiful liar
oh my precious whore
my disease my infection
I am so impure
get it
devils speak of the ways in which she'll manifest
angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress
need to contaminate to alleviate this loneliness
I now know the depths I reach are limitless
oh my beautiful liar
oh my precious whore
my disease my infection
I am so impure

I can't get enough of this shit, I'll be honest. Hey, how many times did Bell interview David Icke? spoiler alert: less than Charles Faddis.

Ciardelo

Quote from: ItsOver on February 05, 2016, 08:42:50 PM
I'd be surprised if MV has any interest in hosting MITD.  Frankly, at this stage, I'd be surprised any quality host would be interested in MITD.  Both Hughes and Warner weren't and I can certainly understand why.
yup. I think the well is poisoned.  Sure, in a perfect world, we would have rotating hosts or whatever.

This is where I plug the man Ian Punnett. He stepped in and worked double-time (literally) to bridge the gap.

Who's going to be the next Ian Punnett?

trostol

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 05, 2016, 08:47:17 PM
yup. I think the well is poisoned.  Sure, in a perfect world, we would have rotating hosts or whatever.

This is where I plug the man Ian Punnett. He stepped in and worked double-time (literally) to bridge the gap.

Who's going to be the next Ian Punnett?

you lol

Ciardelo

Quote from: trostol on February 05, 2016, 08:54:13 PM
you lol
ha. asshole. :) I really think bateman has the fucking chops. He has the fucking network hosting, he could fucking go all the way man.

trostol

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 05, 2016, 08:56:18 PM
ha. asshole. :) I really think bateman has the fucking chops. He has the fucking network hosting, he could fucking go all the way man.

dude...watch the fucking language lol

like with MV..bateman has..other things in life i think to keep him preoccupied ...

not sure a lot of guests would get or like MV's sense of humor either

TigerLily

Quote from: Jackstar on February 05, 2016, 08:20:57 PM

Please, God or Goddess or Universe or Cthulu, etc. Keep the Night Non-Political

Jackstar

Quote from: TigerLily on February 05, 2016, 09:04:45 PM
Keep the Night Non-Political

TigerLily. Will you marry me? Because then I can use your vote. Love, A_Citizen.

p.s. get those shoes off

Ciardelo

Quote from: trostol on February 05, 2016, 09:01:51 PM
dude...watch the fucking language lol

like with MV..bateman has..other things in life i think to keep him preoccupied ...

not sure a lot of guests would get or like MV's sense of humor either
You fuckers don't remember, I was on a lost episode on MV Testing that was broadcast but never aired...it was a dark time on BellGab...but while the The Test Show was airing, posting ground to a halt in spite of Hoaxy's live on-air show.

You were probably too high to remember. Fucker

ETA: smiley face  ;D

Uncle Duke

I have a great deal of respect for MV as well.  If he's interested in a full-time radio gig, I'd support him.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: ItsOver on February 05, 2016, 08:42:50 PM

Considering the practical issues involved, you're probably right. One big one, beyond the politics and personalities, is philosophical. MV said earlier how opposed Keith was to doing anything but straight paranormal on the network. No other topics or genres allowed. I agree with MV that this is a big mistake, and MV would probably not want to be limited in this way.

If Keith were to loosen up a bit and allow for MITD covering other subjects (which Art sometimes did himself), that might be a starting point for reinventing the show and the network. Although, to manage this kind of reinvention, you do need a program director with those kinds of smarts. Art alluded to this on the Gabcast in his comments on Keith.

So, it's complicated but it's the right idea. Namely, get better radio talent on the show and make something good happen. MV could help the show and himself with this, if it were doable.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 05, 2016, 09:11:24 PM
I have a great deal of respect for MV as well.  If he's interested in a full-time radio gig, I'd support him.
He's a lot better at radio than forum hosting amiright?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jackstar on February 05, 2016, 09:07:26 PM
TigerLily. Will you marry me? Because then I can use your vote. Love, A_Citizen.

p.s. get those shoes off

You're too late. She proposed to Chronaut.