• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I'm getting off of the Art Bell train

Started by ponyboysunset, January 15, 2016, 07:15:12 PM

PathoJen

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 15, 2016, 07:24:04 PM
I cancelled the very first night she took over. Well I tried to and then had to get my money back. Which I did. Just thought others might like to join in.

I did this too. However, I did try to contact Rowland in regard to cashing in on all the MITD episodes I forgot to "save" on my ISS feed before pulling the plug on the shitty new MITD, but alas, I have not heard from Keith yet. I basically asked him if there is anyway I can save the episodes in the que on my ISS feed before I cancelled my sub and before Art quit.  Anyone know if this is possible?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 15, 2016, 08:02:32 PM
Somehow I knew once you started this thread, we would eventually get around to your titties. Just thought it would take a day or two.

😎
It always comes down to titties. Lol.

cweb

It's sad to see everything devolve the way it did.

Over time, I think I'll go back to how things were the other times Art quit: remembering the good times and thinking of how it's a shame that whatever it is happened.

Until then, I can't listen to the old shows. To get my "fix" it's guys like Knapp, Hughes, Warner, and sometimes Syrett.

Though I do think I have some old Rollye shows kicking around. There's a project for the meantime-- I'll do some digging.  :)

trostol

Echo

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 15, 2016, 07:20:36 PM
After hearing how shabbily Art is treating MV, I am cancelling my MITD sub. I will keep Hoagie, for now.

Where can we read or listen to how Art is treating MV?

Quote from: cweb on January 15, 2016, 08:29:20 PM
Though I do think I have some old Rollye shows kicking around. There's a project for the meantime-- I'll do some digging.  :)

This guy is pretty good. I am subscribed to his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz0eEDlmhYs&index=4&list=PUeaxf_xQYP0gai9tE7iok-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9lkgE5fJtI&list=PUeaxf_xQYP0gai9tE7iok-A

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 15, 2016, 07:47:50 PM
If anyone is bored Rollye is on in 15 minutes.  Since it is once a week you can call in and discuss anything you want.
www.rollye.net.

Reading this, I finally went to her website to listen. 

I wanted to listen on my PC, but apparently that's not possible unless I go thru an over complicated step-by-step process that didn't even work on my first attempt.  First a person has to read through her comments about how much she hates PCs, then decide on the player.  It isn't worth going through all this, so forget it. 

She needs to have a button to click on that will just start playing, like everyone else.  Sometimes I really hate Mac people. 

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 15, 2016, 08:46:10 PM

Reading this, I finally went to her website to listen. 

I wanted to listen on my PC, but apparently that's not possible unless I go thru an over complicated step-by-step process that didn't even work on my first attempt.  First a person has to read through her comments about how much she hates PCs, then decide on the player.  It isn't worth going through all this, so forget it. 

She needs to have a button to click on that will just start playing, like everyone else.  Sometimes I really hate Mac people.

http://server.rollyestream.net:8000/Rollyestream

ponyboysunset

Quote from: cweb on January 15, 2016, 08:29:20 PM
It's sad to see everything devolve the way it did.

Over time, I think I'll go back to how things were the other times Art quit: remembering the good times and thinking of how it's a shame that whatever it is happened.

Until then, I can't listen to the old shows. To get my "fix" it's guys like Knapp, Hughes, Warner, and sometimes Syrett.

Nice on the Rollye archive. And I like all the above mentioned too.
PB I will mention next week to her.

Regarding everyone else here welcome. And no never bad it all comes down for titties. As one of the resident lesbians in this board I approve of this message.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 15, 2016, 09:32:15 PM
What is Art doing to MV?
Braising him slowly with a nice Jack Daniels inspired BBQ sauce.  ;)

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 15, 2016, 09:23:35 PM
... As one of the resident lesbians in this board I approve of this message.

OMFG! you're a lesbian?!  :o

;)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on January 15, 2016, 09:34:15 PM
OMFG! you're a lesbian?!  :o

;)
I know, right. Damned gays with their rights and agendas.  ;D

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Bounder on January 15, 2016, 09:41:21 PM
Off.

Where next?
Go outside. Turn on the TV. Talk to your friends and family. Pet the cat or dog. Eat. Live man, live! Lol.

boxman

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 15, 2016, 07:22:00 PM
I don't give a shit about Art. I am going to keep mine to support Heather.

I don't blame you though.
I hope you dont think I am trolling for asking this..
But do you seriously think she has a chance in keeping this show afloat?
I really cannot see it surviving unless they drop the bumpers and pretty much becomes a non profit type of small podcast show.

Another thing I seriously wonder is if this show by a miracle took off again would Art get a share of the profits??
If so then you might even be supporting him.

I hope at least Heather gets a decent paycheck.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: boxman on January 15, 2016, 09:51:13 PM
I hope you dont think I am trolling for asking this..
But do you seriously think she has a chance in keeping this show afloat?
I really cannot see it surviving unless they drop the bumpers and pretty much becomes a non profit type of small podcast show.

Another thing I seriously wonder is if this show by a miracle took off again would Art get a share of the profits??
If so then you might even be supporting him.

I hope at least Heather gets a decent paycheck.
I think this last stunt will not help the network survive. Just an opinion.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 15, 2016, 09:42:03 PM
I know, right. Damned gays with their rights and agendas.  ;D

i dunno.....

can i still have your kidney?  ;D

Jackstar

https://youtu.be/YkNZHN69ukM

I just watched this, & I wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be legitimately very interesting.

ponyboysunset

See Jackstar is making suggestions. Nice. And Evil Twin of Zen, the vet?!!

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 15, 2016, 09:59:49 PM
See Jackstar is making suggestions. Nice. And Evil Twin of Zen, the vet?!!

it's just a kidney. whatcha want, House M.D.?

Bounder

A lot my life is spent locked to my drafting table â€" Art used to be good "company" for long assignments.

Somehow most podcasts aren't enough; Dan Carlin's Hardcore History comes close.  Then I discovered Joe Rogan.  Highly listenable â€" open to Art-subjects but, generally, way more bullshit-proof.  If I'd heard Dr. Stephen Greer there first, I'd never need to hear him again.  He didn't stand a chance.