• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I'm done criticizing Heather.

Started by Auslandia, January 09, 2016, 11:23:23 AM

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on January 09, 2016, 01:39:53 PM
I subscribed to listen to Art.  Yes, Heather is not Art but she's not a skilled, experienced host, either.  I listen to other talk show hosts who are not Art, and fortunately, not Noory.  I'll be cancelling my subscription before the next payment is due, unless Art miraculously reappears in some capacity.

I cancelled my subscription when it all went down...I figured since I paid for half of the times square ad, I had the right to be disappointed...

The General

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2016, 01:53:01 PM

Art Bell awesome? Jeeze, you must have some real manipulative jerks as acquaintances to make him look like Mary Poppins.

When he's on the radio, yes.  He's awesome.
Why you're here confounds me, you've never even listened to Art, right?

onan

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: The General on January 09, 2016, 01:54:08 PM
When he's on the radio, yes.  He's awesome.
Why you're here confounds me, you've never even listened to Art, right?

Yes I have listened. Why?

The General

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2016, 01:56:11 PM
Yes I have listened. Why?

I thought you said you've never even heard the show.
My mistake.

The General

The Snorchlax

She is taking the brunt of the negative energy towards Art

coaster

Thanks for the formal announcement..

henge0stone

Quote from: The Snorchlax on January 09, 2016, 01:57:49 PM
She is taking the brunt of the negative energy towards Art

I think Art's getting his fair share on the Art Bell thread, or at least he was. She is certainly getting some of it too no doubt.

trostol

Quote from: MV on January 09, 2016, 01:21:19 PM
No, I don't think she does. And why should she? With the amount of venom posted on this forum over the last month, I know I wouldn't read here if I were in her position. It would take a lot of self hatred to subject myself to that.

i still like some of the people here

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on January 09, 2016, 01:53:25 PM
I cancelled my subscription when it all went down...I figured since I paid for half of the times square ad, I had the right to be disappointed...
I did not know that, Chefist.  You paid for half the Times Square ad?  You have my permission to be disappointed and to open a window and yell.

Ms. C

Quote from: Auslandia on January 09, 2016, 01:48:37 PM
Gab cast hosted by Heather.  Line us all up and one by one tell us to go fuck ourselves.  "hello caller? Oh it's Auslandia?  Thanks for calling in & go fuck yourself.  Next caller?"

Personally, I think this is an excellent idea, like a great starting point to heal some of the b.s. she has had to endure this last month on the forum (which for so long she had considered an internet home with folks she could relate with -- banter with, have fun with). Even though, she was too busy to come around daily, she always felt that she would be welcomed back here -- just like most of us have felt when we came back home after a journey or how we may have welcomed an old friend back from their adventure.

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on January 09, 2016, 02:25:36 PM
I did not know that, Chefist.  You paid for half the Times Square ad?  You have my permission to be disappointed and to open a window and yell.

LOL That scene came to me when Art "retired" again... ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on Today at 07:53:25 PM

Wow! I genuinely feel for you, because you've also mentioned the shit with work too. Yep, AB is a prime shit. Anyone still think he's awesome? Because if you do, you really need to re-evaluate your standards. But hey, I'm just a limey hater natch.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2016, 02:35:53 PM
Wow! I genuinely feel for you, because you've also mentioned the shit with work too. Yep, AB is a prime shit. Anyone still think he's awesome? Because if you do, you really need to re-evaluate your standards. But hey, I'm just a limey hater natch.

I have no idea and never did in regards to the man's character...but professionally, he is a complete flake...and in business, that destroys your reputation and career...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on January 09, 2016, 02:38:02 PM
I have no idea and never did in regards to the man's character...but professionally, he is a complete flake...and in business, that destroys your reputation and career...

Hey, you and I have had our moments; but sir, you're a far better man than he is. FWIW, you have my respect and commiserations.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2016, 02:39:56 PM

Hey, you and I have had our moments; but sir, you're a far better man than he is. FWIW, you have my respect and commiserations.

LOL...no harm, foul...life's too short...you are an extremely intelligent person, of that there is no doubt...I would buy all the rounds if I came to Yorkshire!

Oh, watching "The Last Kingdom" right now...pretty good!

As far as being a "limey"...my direct ancestor was Sir Rowland Hayward, Lord Mayor of the City of London, twice...he loaned the funds to Queen Elizabeth to buy her first two castles...so I guess I'm somewhat a "limey" as well... :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on January 09, 2016, 02:45:28 PM
LOL...no harm, foul...life's too short...you are an extremely intelligent person, of that there is no doubt...I would buy all the rounds if I came to Yorkshire!

Oh, watching "The Last Kingdom" right now...pretty good!

As far as being a "limey"...my direct ancestor was Sir Rowland Hayward, Lord Mayor of the City of London, twice...he loaned the funds to Queen Elizabeth to buy her first two castles...so I guess I'm somewhat a "limey" as well... :D

Aristocracy eh? You will no doubt have a stately home for the proles to pay to wander round.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2016, 02:54:16 PM

Aristocracy eh? You will no doubt have a stately home for the proles to pay to wander round.
\

LOL...funny that aristocracy never meant "royalty"...I think that's why the US came into being!  ;D The freedom to make yourself King!

Quote from: chefist on January 09, 2016, 01:53:25 PM

That was real?  I thought it was some sort of inside joke.  I hope it didn't cost much.

The fallout from Art's latest has been an eye opener for me for sure.  It amazes me the attachment and emotional investment people put into sports players, TV and movie stars, and, I guess, radio personalities.  I like to make fun of George Noory here, and some of life's frustrations, but it's all just in good trolling fun.

No wonder Art went to such great lengths to set his 'stalker' story up and dole it out bit by bit before quitting.  The choice was that, or be honest and come off as a complete jerk.  No wonder the roar from my BS detector was deafening.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2016, 01:20:24 PM
Don't take this as being patronising to you because you haven't been here long, that isn't the intention; The vast majority of what is said to each other is tongue in cheek. Some is abrasive if there's some full on shit going on...rarely it really gets nasty but just as quickly it blows over. The Falkie thread is slightly different but that's not the topic. I have arguments with many (as do others), and with very few exceptions, I'd buy them all a beer and chew the fat if they were up for it.

I'd drink with you so long as we could have a drunken fist fight afterwards. It'd only be natural.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 09, 2016, 03:02:56 PM
No wonder Art went to such great lengths to set his 'stalker' story up and dole it out bit by bit before quitting.  The choice was that, or be honest and come off as a complete jerk.  No wonder the roar from my BS detector was deafening.

You're fucking stupid if you still think it's all made up. I suspect you don't actually believe that though. I'll concede that Art's an impulsive, poor decision maker, but there is zero reason to suspect he set this all up unless your motive is to troll for reactions, which is something only people that are fucked up in the head do.

GravitySucks

That was real?  I thought it was some sort of inside joke.  I hope it didn't cost much.

The fallout from Art's latest has been an eye opener for me for sure.  It amazes me the attachment and emotional investment people put into sports players, TV and movie stars, and, I guess, radio personalities.  I like to make fun of George Noory here, and some of life's frustrations, but it's all just in good trolling fun.

You give Art way too much credit. I don't believe he could plan something out that would take two months to execute. I know you have some intelligence, some of your posts, especially on illegal immigration, show real critical thinking ability. This one is not one of your better ones.

chefist

I just thought it was fun and wanted to help spread the word...oh well...not the first, nor the last time I will be disappointed...

My part was $220...not much to some, but for many folks that is a lot of money, so it deserves respect...

I've also heard from those who paid for and wrote the ad in the broadcasting magazine...they feel the same way as I...when you make a professional commitment, you follow through...

I've listened to George Noory a few times over the years, but just didn't like him as a radio personality or talk show host.  However, he shows up to work and is not a flake...he has that going for him at least...that shows you in life that consistency can be more valuable than unpredictable quality...any successful restaurant can tell you that...

onan

Heck, I don't drink. Been sober for a long time, and I would get drunk as hell with you guys.

trostol

Quote from: chefist on January 09, 2016, 03:13:45 PM
I just thought it was fun and wanted to help spread the word...oh well...not the first, nor the last time I will be disappointed...

My part was $220...not much to some, but for many folks that is a lot of money, so it deserves respect...

I've also heard from those who paid for and wrote the ad in the broadcasting magazine...they feel the same way as I...when you make a professional commitment, you follow through...

I've listened to George Noory a few times over the years, but just didn't like him as a radio personality or talk show host.  However, he shows up to work and is not a flake...he has that going for him at least...that shows you in life that consistency can be more valuable than unpredictable quality...any successful restaurant can tell you that...

i disagree..George is a flake but thats just who he is..but all the rest..yup...he shows up..does what he does..doesn't rock the boat and rakes in his money