• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art, George Noory, and Heather Wade

Started by MR. Spock, January 03, 2016, 08:11:12 PM

Robert

Quote from: Zetaspeak on January 09, 2016, 01:26:39 AMI think a lot of people tried to give him the benefit of the doubt  early on (including myself) I just wanted C2C concept to continue and even though Noory was never as good as Art with it, he seemed at least willing to give it a try and show the subject some attention.

As time went on he just became so much lazier, way more political and just really generic like most radio and the things that made C2C different became less and less apparent.
Then do we agree that Art can't reasonably be blamed for his endorsement/ratification of Noory, within the usual standards of a commercial endorsement by a radio m.c.?  I mean, who could've seen this coming?

I think it was somewhere here that I read that Ian Punnett was the successor Art preferred, and given that Ian did host weekends, can anyone maintain that Art's judgment was bad or corrupted in blessing a team of Noory & Punnett?

I really don't find variation in emcees in an interviews-&-phone-in format to be in most cases as big a factor as implied here.  At the high end are a few stars like Art who can get you to listen even when the guest is a flop; such emcees are hard to find, especially if their work hours have to be in the middle of the night.  On the low end are a few who are either unsuited to emceeing or are just uninterested in anything other than their paycheck like Noory, yet unaccountably stay in the job; surely those are an anomaly too.  The great majority are in the middle, who you wouldn't go out of the way to listen to but aren't so bad as to turn you off if the subject matter interests you; I expect Ms. Wade to settle into that middle if she wants to keep at this type of work, although she has the potential over time to become a star.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on January 08, 2016, 10:48:39 PM
I am truly sorry but Heather does not fill the bill, first she has a daytime radio voice, not that deep and mesmerizing voice needed to keep people glued and second she lost me when she said the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster was caused by Global Warming/Climate change.  Is she the female version of George Snoory?
It takes two packs a day for 25 years to develop a radio voice; and that for a man.  Same for politicians.  Did everyone sound squeaky before cigarettes?

whatatrip

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on January 05, 2016, 09:43:12 PM
MITD had a pretty fun guest on last night.

The dude is telling this pretty wild story about how a hunter was surrounded by a pack of wolf-men/werewolves and the guy escaped, was scared shitless, and never hunted again.

Heather's first astonished response, she says all exasperated, "And was he a lifelong hunter?!?" 

WHO THE FUCK CARES HOW MUCH OF A DEDICATED HUNTER HE WAS!  He allegedly walked into a pack of feral dog-men, maaaan!

I'm with Heather on this one. Any "hunter" who runs into "wolf-men/werewolves or some "pack of feral dog-men" needs to be questioned about his capabilities as a hunter, at the very least. I would be looking to take this guys guns away from him before somebody gets hurt or killed.

Quote from: Morgus on January 04, 2016, 02:57:10 AM
Art never said "new host is good" referring to Noory.
He only said "George gets it" but didn't specify what "it" was...

Yes sir. He gets it right here: http://paranormaldate.com

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 04, 2016, 09:26:23 AM
No, the jury is not "still out" on Heather.  She sounds like a lost kid on that show and her mental capacity does not seem to meet the requirements of the guests.  George Noory is like a fucking bastion of ancient wisdom compared to her.

George Noory ....... 'King Rat'

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Robert on January 09, 2016, 11:29:16 AM
I expect Ms. Wade to settle into that middle if she wants to keep at this type of work, although she has the potential over time to become a star.
She has fewer listeners than the nite preacher on a 50W station. This is her slide into anonymity, not stardom.  She seems smart enough to realize she should not go down with the ship.

munbeam666

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 11, 2016, 03:45:10 PM
She has fewer listeners than the nite preacher on a 50W station. This is her slide into anonymity, not stardom.  She seems smart enough to realize she should not go down with the ship.
she is experiencing on-the-job training. I feel bad for her, shes under a lot of pressure. IMHO she does have talent, but the situation that she is in is a job for a more seasoned radio person..at least for now

drksd4848

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on January 08, 2016, 10:48:39 PM
I am truly sorry but Heather does not fill the bill, first she has a daytime radio voice, not that deep and mesmerizing voice needed to keep people glued.....

She doesn't have a daytime radio voice, she doesn't have a nighttime radio voice. She doesn't HAVE a radio voice PERIOD. Not in the traditional sense and not unless she gets rid of that godawful lilt of hers.

Then again, neither does Michael Vara. And he has a radio show.