• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bernie Sanders 2016 Thread

Started by Jackstar, January 02, 2016, 02:04:57 AM

Zoo

Just wanted to help you out before you get curbed checked by someone on the block homie. The brick game is no joke!!1

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/05/29/410606045/the-bernie-sanders-rape-fantasy-essay-explained

MV/Liberace!

I don't remember where I originally saw this, but it's funny:

nbirnes

Quote from: MV on February 01, 2016, 02:26:48 PM
I don't remember where I originally saw this, but it's funny:

When you get older, this actually becomes a thing.  :o

I`m outraged at this ageist thread.

Zoo

Once again I think Bernie Sanders is the best choice we have this year. He is the only one who truly wants to help the American people. But like most things people are to focused on the wrong things. So we will most likely get some fucktard like Hillary or Trump. But at least both of them will fuck this place up so much the people might actually get off their ass and do something about it!!1

VtaGeezer

CNN and MSNBC are accusing Sanders of "going negative" on Clinton Inc at every opportunity because he mentions the $250K speaking fees, the superPACs, the Wall St connections, being a moderate while calling herself a progressive. Jeez, if that's negative, wtf would it be to bring up her actual SecState and Senate records, and her loyalty to the Philanderer In Chief.

whoozit

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 03, 2016, 05:19:54 PM
CNN and MSNBC are accusing Sanders of "going negative" on Clinton Inc at every opportunity because he mentions the $250K speaking fees, the superPACs, the Wall St connections, being a moderate while calling herself a progressive. Jeez, if that's negative, wtf would it be to bring up her actual SecState and Senate records, and her loyalty to the Philanderer In Chief.
Are you accusing mainstream media of taking a position instead of just reporting the facts.  I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.  In the morning I'm going to write a sternly worded letter.

this is interesting 

Bill Clinton ignored plea for presidential pardon by Chelsea's father-in-law before he was convicted of fraud and jailed after falling for Ponzi schemes and stealing $10million

Former congressman Ed Mezvinsky was jailed for five years in 2003
    He stole from friends and family after falling to a number of Ponzi schemes
    One of them was a bizarre email scam from Nigeria
    In January 2001, while the investigation loomed, he wrote to President Clinton asking for the reprieve
    He was  friends with the Clinton family and were White House regulars
    Clinton didn't act on the request, so Mezvinsky served five years in prison

so where did the money come from
Chelsea Clinton and her husband, Marc Mezvinsky, are buying a sleek, $10.5 million apartment overlooking Madison Square Park, sources said.

The 5,000-square-foot pad, in The Whitman at 21 E. 26th St., is just a few blocks from the couple's rented Gramercy Park loft. Sources said staying nearby was a top priority for the pair.
The Whitman, first built in 1924, is near the couple's current place, a rented loft in Gramercy Park. BB CREATIVE
The Whitman, first built in 1924, is near the couple's current place, a rented loft in Gramercy Park.

Last Sunday, Clinton, 33, and her husband, 35, planned to take a hush-hush tour of the New Georgian-style pre-war with her parents, former President Bill Clinton and ex-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Zoo

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 03, 2016, 05:19:54 PM

i noticed this too. I think it is funny when they say going negative is when he informs voters about her voting records, how much she gets paid to speak, and who is backing her campaign!!1

VtaGeezer

Chelsea, daughter of those salt-of-the-earth progressives Bill & Hill, stepped directly from her MA studies in International Studies at Oxford into a six-figure salary with a Wall St hedge fund having never worked a single day in her life.  She must be a frigging financial genius.

Zoo

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 03, 2016, 07:20:35 PM
Chelsea, daughter of those salt-of-the-earth progressives Bill & Hill, stepped directly from her MA studies in International Studies at Oxford into a six-figure salary with a Wall St hedge fund having never worked a single day in her life.  She must be a frigging financial genius.

well we know that her parents did not help her. she did it all on her own  ;D ;)!!1

Jackstar

Growing up watching her parents launder all that coke money, she had better be a financial genius by now.

Zoo

I watched the town hall last night and damn the establishment hates Bernie Sanders. I just think it was funny how cooper was like yup everything Hillary said is right. Bernie let me ask you a little more about that question they just asked. LMFAO let the Bern come forth tonight!!1

Jackstar

Quote from: Zoo on February 04, 2016, 03:10:52 PM
let the Bern come forth tonight!!1

https://youtu.be/IH7Kp1ZGCMY?t=30

Issues. More issues than Rolling Stone. I'm telling you.

VtaGeezer

I watched some of the debate last night. Much better with just the two of them. Too bad they couldn't have thrown that 3% clown O'Malley out a long time ago. The good news is that though Clinton is cool, you could hear the panic building as she tried to deflect Sanders stating truths as attack and at one point accused him smearing her. Bernie should quote Truman " "I don't give them Hell. I just tell the truth about them and they think it's Hell."  The bad news is that Sanders' run probably ends next Tuesday, since on Super Tuesday (3/1), he'll run into 20 years of Clinton Machine building. 

VtaGeezer

Sanders wins by 20+%.  And she won NH by a wide margin in 2008.  Hillary is going to catch holy Hell from Bill tonight.  "For 15 fucking years I've worked to tune the machine for ya, and look how yave fucked it up...again.  I coulda be giving speeches in Palm Springs and Miami for $200K a pop instead of up heya freezin' ma ass off surrounded by these maple syrup hicks."

Zoo

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 09, 2016, 10:03:26 PM
Sanders wins by 20+%.  And she won NH by a wide margin in 2008.  Hillary is going to catch holy Hell from Bill tonight.  "For 15 fucking years I've worked to tune the machine for ya, and look how yave fucked it up...again.  I coulda be giving speeches in Palm Springs and Miami for $200K a pop instead of up heya freezin' ma ass off surrounded by these maple syrup hicks."

LMFAO they are going to play this down so much. But the truth is she got her ass handed to her. And it was fucking awesome to see. I love the fact that young people hater her. I love the fact they are sick of listing to all the bs that comes out of her mouth. She is so feeling the Bern right now ;D ;D ;D Bern Hillary Bern!!1

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 09, 2016, 10:03:26 PM

I think it's actually the other way around and he doesn't want her to win. Maybe he's sick, because he's been looking haggard, but he hasn't shown much enthusiasm when he's on stage with her.  He also was like that in 2008, and said a couple of things that didn't do her any favors, as I recall.  It makes sense, because it would mean a big pay cut and sharply curtail his unsupervised globe trotting. He doesn't want to be cooped up in the White House serving as hostess for state dinners.  :D

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 09, 2016, 10:38:08 PM
I think it's actually the other way around and he doesn't want her to win. Maybe he's sick, because he's been looking haggard, but he hasn't shown much enthusiasm when he's on stage with her.  He also was like that in 2008, and said a couple of things that didn't do her any favors, as I recall.  It makes sense, because it would mean a big pay cut and sharply curtail his unsupervised globe trotting. He doesn't want to be cooped up in the White House serving as hostess for state dinners.  :D
You may be right.  He's done her no favors by campaigning; just got the white-haired Bill Clinton groupies wet, but they're already in the bag.  Trump shut him down hard on the first day he was on the hustings last month, and it's just a hint of whats in store if DT is the opponent.

Jackstar

Future historians will identify this moment

as the one in which HRC irrevocably threw away any legitimate chance.

Look at her hammer those little fists!

Quote from: Jackstar on February 09, 2016, 11:37:18 PM
Future historians will identify this moment

as the one in which HRC irrevocably threw away any legitimate chance.

Look at her hammer those little fists!

She stole that gag from Martin Short.  He invented hamster hands.

Value Of Pi

Hillary is deservedly bashed for her Wall Street connections and hypocrisy on the power and influence of the financial services industry, but does anyone think Bernie would have an easy time with his Wall Street views as the party's nominee?

Suddenly, he's no longer basking in the glow of idealistic, twenty-something progressives. Now he's trying to convince people with money in retirement plans that now is a good time to "reform," which is to say,  dismantle, the Wall Street money machine and retirement machine that we are all, unfortunately, dependent upon for our future security.

This current deal with the devil that is Wall Street happened when corporate America, together with the powers that be in Washington, decided to trade in a retirement system that was pension-based for a 401k-based structure that necessitated investing in stocks, bonds and/or the financial instrument du jour. Now we are stuck on this roller coaster with no way out, unless someone starts to articulate a plan and somehow makes that plan work politically and economically.

Bernie is not our savior here. He is too little, too late. He could, however, cause enough trouble as POTUS to screw up the financial and retirement system royally for all of us. His cause would be noble and just but it would still be a disaster to let this man try to change the world in four years.

People will vote not only with their pocketbooks but with their portfolios in mind. And these people, Mr. Sanders, include not just the 1%, not just the rich, but the middle class (what's left of it) that you claim to champion. We still have some voting power.

Jackstar

I like how everyone in that photo deserves anonymity except Chip Whitehouse.

Zoo

I think Bernie did a lot better in the debate last night. We all know Hillary is a true Master-Debater but Bernie is getting better and better. I also thought it was funny when Bernie first started she was saying they did not need to debate more. Then she almost lost in Iowa and then she is all about debating more. I also like how he told her she is not president quit yet. Feel the Bern Hillary!!1