• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

VOTE--Who thinks ART is a sociopath?

Started by DesertFox, December 28, 2015, 06:09:11 PM

DesertFox

There are some loud and persistent posters who claim Art Bell is a sociopath.   They just know this for sure.  So lets have a Vote.  JUST TYPE IN YOUR VOTE, THE SITE DOESN'T HAVE POLLS ENABLED:

Is Art is a sociopath or not?

I'll say NO--he's kind of screwy but not near to the extreme of a sociopath.

What say you?

GravitySucks

Go read the threads in "How to use BellGab"

3OctaveFart

I think he's a textbook narcissist.

All I know is the more I have read and heard and seen over the years the less I like him.

K_Dubb

Sociopath seems to be hot right now.  I've heard my boss and my sister-in-law denounced as such, not to mention a few presidential hopefuls.  I'm probably one, too!  One vote for sociopath -- it's the new thing.

DesertFox

OKAY SO FAR

Sociopath--1

NOT--2

The one vote for sociopath wasn't serious but we'll count it.  And the vote for "narcissist" falls short of sociopath so it's a NO.

K_Dubb

Quote from: DesertFox on December 28, 2015, 06:24:28 PM
OKAY SO FAR

Sociopath--1

NOT--2

The one vote for sociopath wasn't serious but we'll count it.  And the vote for "narcissist" falls short of sociopath so it's a NO.

Will you send Art a certificate of the results?  Dear Art, Bellgab has determined you are/are not a sociopath.  Congratulations!

DesertFox

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 28, 2015, 06:27:50 PM
Will you send Art a certificate of the results?  Dear Art, Bellgab has determined you are/are not a sociopath.  Congratulations!

If I was him, I wouldn't care what BellGab thinks.

Soylentblue

Sociopath is a realllllll stretch. So no to that.

But definitely has signs of narcissistic personality disorder.

akwilly

I vote sociopath. I'm telling you guys he wears the same t-shirt all the time. Oh and he has cats.

DesertFox

Sociopath--2

Not--3

Though the 2 sociopaths are more joking than serious--should really count the jokey ones as one half...so Sociopath either 1 or 2 depending on your metric.

ACE of CLUBS

Wonderful thread .....
Psychoanalysis on line.  What could be more accurate than that ?
Many fuk-tards here should analyse themselves ...

Praise to MV

Meh

I was looking for the Turmeric Vs Carnivora poll but ended up here.    :-\

Carnivora kicks Turmeric butt

Chad Jacobs

Even if he were lying about the circumstances of his departure (and I don't believe that he is) that wouldn't make him a sociopath.  We all engage in "sociopathic" behavior to some extent. Such behavior exists on a continuum between sainthood and Ted Bundy like murderous serial killers.  This Saturday I called into work and said that I had back pain (I usually have back pain but work anyways). Perhaps this saved my coworkers from a painful float to another non ICU unit or perhaps it created a "tripled" assignment. Indeed, someone could have even theoretically perished due to the "triple" created and less attention being paid to another client in that assignment. However, every time I call in this is a potential eventuality. Bottom line we all lie and sometimes engage in behavior which could be characterized as "sociopathic". Does that make us all sociopaths? Maybe.  Also, people who are very good at their jobs especially artists have a tendency to be somewhat fickel or flighty. Perhaps, for the same reasons that the most beautiful women in your high-school class tended to be more difficult to get along with than those who might be considered less attractive. Why? For the same reason that very wealthy people have a reputation for being more demanding, picky, and perhaps less full of empathy than those of more modest means. Specifically, because they can be with modest consequences.  Make every citizen a billionaire (while somehow holding inflation at bay, a rather difficult conundrum) and I will give you an army of prickish sociopaths (at least in their overall behavior). Just look at the behavior ascribed to your typical prince in an Arab emirate nation.  Art isn't a sociopath, just an incredibly talented guy with a great deal of money and no overriding reason to have to work other than his love of the subject matter and broadcasting. Throw in the fact that he's dealing with difficult circumstances and getting to the age where most people say whatever is on their mind anyway, and one starts to appreciate his perspective.

bellNwhistle

I wanted to start my own poll.  Something to the effect of "who would listen to Art Bell if he came back to radio?". But figured that if I posted it, trolls would vote, and then bring in their troll buddies to vote, and that would basically skew the results.  It's hard to be serious and to get serious results.

Quote from: DesertFox on December 28, 2015, 06:19:55 PM

OK I looked--MV disabled polls.
Who votes that MV is a control freak only out for money?

DesertFox

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on December 28, 2015, 06:52:13 PM
Wonderful thread .....
Psychoanalysis on line.  What could be more accurate than that ?
Many fuk-tards here should analyse themselves ...

Praise to MV

I agree--those loosely with silliness throwing the sociopath label on Art imo need the psychological help more than Art...imperfect though the midnight broadcaster is.

Ciardelo

Damnit I'm such a sucker for underdogs. 1 for Sociopath damnit.  >:(

K_Dubb

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on December 28, 2015, 07:35:43 PM
Even if he were lying about the circumstances of his departure (and I don't believe that he is) that wouldn't make him a sociopath.  We all engage in "sociopathic" behavior to some extent. Such behavior exists on a continuum between sainthood and Ted Bundy like murderous serial killers.  This Saturday I called into work and said that I had back pain (I usually have back pain but work anyways). Perhaps this saved my coworkers from a painful float to another non ICU unit or perhaps it created a "tripled" assignment. Indeed, someone could have even theoretically perished due to the "triple" created and less attention being paid to another client in that assignment. However, every time I call in this is a potential eventuality. Bottom line we all lie and sometimes engage in behavior which could be characterized as "sociopathic". Does that make us all sociopaths? Maybe.  Also, people who are very good at their jobs especially artists have a tendency to be somewhat fickel or flighty. Perhaps, for the same reasons that the most beautiful women in your high-school class tended to be more difficult to get along with than those who might be considered less attractive. Why? For the same reason that very wealthy people have a reputation for being more demanding, picky, and perhaps less full of empathy than those of more modest means. Specifically, because they can be with modest consequences.  Make every citizen a billionaire (while somehow holding inflation at bay, a rather difficult conundrum) and I will give you an army of prickish sociopaths (at least in their overall behavior). Just look at the behavior ascribed to your typical prince in an Arab emirate nation.  Art isn't a sociopath, just an incredibly talented guy with a great deal of money and no overriding reason to have to work other than his love of the subject matter and broadcasting. Throw in the fact that he's dealing with difficult circumstances and getting to the age where most people say whatever is on their mind anyway, and one starts to appreciate his perspective.

You, sir, are wise beyond compare.  Or, to use modern parlance, you probably have a high empathy quotient.  Your analysis is infinitely more valuable than any of the half-baked diagnoses thrown around.

Calling someone a sociopath, as though that label alone is sufficient to explain aberrant behavior, draws a veil over all those real, understandable motivations you identify and makes the subject an alien creature, scary and mysterious.  Knowledge isn't served in the least.

DesertFox

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 29, 2015, 02:08:51 PM
Proof this is not a scientific poll. The answer was 42.

No that is the real answer to the meaning of life--not what that Hitch hiker claimed.

drksd4848

I vote narcissist AND drama queen… And stupid for a variety of reasons. (posting pictures of your daughter on your website while someone is supposedly firing a gun aimed your house? Not so smart Art.)

No, he's not a sociopath.