• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

MITD Truther

Started by Q-Pi, December 14, 2015, 04:47:47 PM

Q-Pi

It's been an enormous pleasure having Art back on the air and I'm pretty bummed out by his weird and sudden departure.  Yes, it's "just a radio show" but I've been a Bellhead for 20 years.  There's no replacement for the professionalism he brings to this content.

I was surprised to read some unkind responses to the situation and thought it would be appropriate to highlight the timeline of events, as Art has shared with the listening audience.  It's likely this list is incomplete, but bellgab should have it "for the record."

- Wed Sep 23 pre-show"internet woes" possibly intentional
- Fri Oct 2  Ashcraft freakout
- Mon Oct 19 pre-show more suspicious "internet issues"
- Wed Oct 21 mid-show shots fired at the studio, rifleman seen by neighbor
- Wed Nov 18 pre-show phone-call threatening the lives of Art and his family
- Mon Nov 23 pre-show property intruder trips security lights, runs off into the desert
- Wed Dec 9 gunshots.  Art hits the ground, family upset

(Note Monday and Wednesday are popular days for this bozo.)  I don't believe the stalker's harassment will cease with Art's radio silence, it could, in fact, make it worse.  But listeners can't "protect" the Bell family from their homes around the globe just by hearing his nightly dispatch. 

That said, I hope Pahrump's fine officers of public safety are able to catch the creep - by phone number or license plate or footprints or anything - and that Art returns to radio in the near future.  And since the asswad stalker didn't have the cajones to call the "I hate Art Bell" open line last week, here's where they should start:

* Leo Ashcraft / friend of
* JC
* manifest shadow person
* Bigfoot / friend of
* the curse lady
* the Flat Earthers

Art's cameo on Friday was nice but did not provide "closure."  An Open Line hug/bitch-fest would have been cool but since that didn't happen I figure that conspiracy theory is an appropriate sublimation for Bell fans.  (Or, as Thelma would say, "Don't Leave Me This Way.")

Braaps, Roswells, Love the Bumper music, etc.

henge0stone

Quote from: Q-Pi on December 14, 2015, 04:47:47 PM

Art's cameo on Friday was nice but did not provide "closure."  An Open Line hug/bitch-fest would have been cool but since that didn't happen I figure that conspiracy theory is an appropriate sublimation for Bell fans.  (Or, as Thelma would say, "Don't Leave Me This Way.")

I agree he needs to do a last show. Maybe just have Heather interview him and take calls. We really need a chance to say goodbye and the retarded time traveler debacle was just not the way.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Q-Pi on December 14, 2015, 04:47:47 PM
It's been an enormous pleasure having Art back on the air and I'm pretty bummed out by his weird and sudden departure.  Yes, it's "just a radio show" but I've been a Bellhead for 20 years.  There's no replacement for the professionalism he brings to this content.

I was surprised to read some unkind responses to the situation and thought it would be appropriate to highlight the timeline of events, as Art has shared with the listening audience.  It's likely this list is incomplete, but bellgab should have it "for the record."

- Wed Sep 23 pre-show"internet woes" possibly intentional
- Fri Oct 2  Ashcraft freakout
- Mon Oct 19 pre-show more suspicious "internet issues"
- Wed Oct 21 mid-show shots fired at the studio, rifleman seen by neighbor
- Wed Nov 18 pre-show phone-call threatening the lives of Art and his family
- Mon Nov 23 pre-show property intruder trips security lights, runs off into the desert
- Wed Dec 9 gunshots.  Art hits the ground, family upset

(Note Monday and Wednesday are popular days for this bozo.)  I don't believe the stalker's harassment will cease with Art's radio silence, it could, in fact, make it worse.  But listeners can't "protect" the Bell family from their homes around the globe just by hearing his nightly dispatch. 

That said, I hope Pahrump's fine officers of public safety are able to catch the creep - by phone number or license plate or footprints or anything - and that Art returns to radio in the near future.  And since the asswad stalker didn't have the cajones to call the "I hate Art Bell" open line last week, here's where they should start:

* Leo Ashcraft / friend of
* JC
* manifest shadow person
* Bigfoot / friend of
* the curse lady
* the Flat Earthers

Agree about the closure, but who needs a hug/bitch fest, when everyone's doing that already on this forum, to Art, directly? I think an open lines to talk about this would be a disaster. Art doesn't screen calls, remember? JC on a cracker- can you imagine??

Quote from: Shalom! on December 14, 2015, 04:57:44 PM
don't discount an Islamic Jihad against Art Bell.

It's more likely some goose schtupping beer hall putz, Goldshower.

Echo

If shots were fired at Art studio, why were no bullet holes mentioned by the police.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Echo on December 14, 2015, 08:33:33 PM
If shots were fired at Art studio, why were no bullet holes mentioned by the police.
Shadow bullets

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 14, 2015, 08:42:35 PM
Shadow bullets
Imperial Stormtrooper Shadow People Kennedy Assassins.

Element 115

The very first thing was the shadow person Art saw. Maybe the shadow person is the guy harassing Art and uses shadow bullets, shadow rifle, shadow car, etc.

Cydonia195

There would be no bullet holes if the person fired the shots towards the empty BLM land/desert.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Echo on December 14, 2015, 08:33:33 PM
Depends on what is the"at"

For that matter, tell us what "it" is that one might be hanging up. kthxbye.

whytide

What is the Bellgab working theory on the stalker's motive?

Also, why did Leo Ashcraft have his meltdown?

Element 115

Quote from: whytide on December 14, 2015, 10:42:31 PM

The working theory is that it's the mouse. He hates friggin peanut butter.

"You should have given me Cheetoz like the caller said, Art!"

Ciardelo

Quote from: whytide on December 14, 2015, 10:42:31 PM

Who the hell knows to both. Welcome to BellGab, post often

whytide

Art Bell was subject to harassment before, though I am not sure I know the details exactly, something with his first son being targeted. What was that stalker's motive?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: whytide on December 15, 2015, 11:15:36 AM
Art Bell was subject to harassment before, though I am not sure I know the details exactly, something with his first son being targeted. What was that stalker's motive?

As far as  I'm aware, that had zero to do with his show. That was something between his son and possibly a teacher or someone in a similar type role. I'm sure you can get more details on his wikipedia page. That said, why that person did something to his son is beyond me. People are sick f-cks. 

Honestly, I think anyone would need to take time off (not necessarily retire) if that was happening to their child, and then had to deal with going to court, etc.

I don't recall the reason for his other retirement.. was it because of Romona's death, and then relocating to the Philippines? Your life gets shaken up like that, I guess you need to take a time out. 

I don't know. I love listening to his show, but I know it drives me crazy when sports figures retire multiple times. Life happens, but at least have a back up plan or something, if you don't think you can hang it up for good. :)

Yorkshire pud

What exactly is a MITD truther?

Just Me

Allah Jihad

Curse the infidels

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Just Me on December 15, 2015, 11:38:20 AM
Allah Jihad

Curse the infidels

Be prepared to ride goats if there fail to be virgins.   ;D

Element 115

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 15, 2015, 11:34:55 AM
What exactly is a MITD truther?

It just means someone who wants to get to the bottom of Art allegedly quitting.  IMO, the meaning of MiTD Truther would be "one who rejects the accepted explanation of the events leading to Art allegedly quitting."

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on December 14, 2015, 08:44:01 PM
Imperial Stormtrooper Shadow People Kennedy Assassins.

Obi-Wan to Luke: "These blast points... too accurate for Sandpeople. Only Emprial Stormtroopers are so precise"...

Sabu2K

Art won't have a final show/goodbye cause he wants us all to continue  being  time travelers  with the belief he'll eventually return. Essentially,he'll get paid to sit home and have someone else do work for him.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Sabu2K on December 15, 2015, 02:41:13 PM
Art won't have a final show/goodbye cause he wants us all to continue  being  time travelers  with the belief he'll eventually return. Essentially,he'll get paid to sit home and have someone else do work for him.
Damn! He's been watching Falkie! So an old dog CAN learn new tricks!

Q-Pi

Quote"What exactly is a MITD truther?"

"one who rejects the accepted explanation of the events leading to Art allegedly quitting."

Being naive and gullible, I actually believe the story.  The fact that a radio host/show has inspired someone to do crazy things in a dark desert is curious.  I'm more interested in the stalker's motive/rationalization/expected outcome than the fact that Art took hiatus.  That said, it will be a happy day if/when he returns.

"MITD Truther" seemed like a good hook for a thread discussing the meta aspect of this situation.  Frankly, the nit-picking and petty insults aren't that interesting. Maybe I should have gone with "BellGate"?

The Snorchlax

Quote from: The Snorchlax on December 15, 2015, 03:06:31 PM
You're leaving now
You're off the air

There's no disguising it
It really comes as a surprise
To find that you're going off the air

I see them now
Your stalker's there

You called the cops
And still they don't believe

They didn't even read the press releaseeeeee

Now, sure as the sheriff's office said
This show is over

Lost, like the reruns that used to tide, me over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFZ3Qhn5dW8

whytide

Quote from: Q-Pi on December 15, 2015, 03:19:55 PM
a radio host/show has inspired someone to do crazy things in a dark desert is curious.

I have a dim memory of Art Bell saying that years ago people would drive by his house at night and yell inane things like "Area 51 is Real!" are drive off laughing. He gave the impression these were just idiot teenagers or idiots of whatever age, harmless, and going with the territory of being "the King of the Night". Does anyone else recall this?

bellNwhistle

Not sure, but that one nut job who called in not that long ago.. I can't believe he admitted that he drove out to Bell's house to see his radio tower(s).. he just kept going on and on about what he did there. Art just sat there and didn't say much.  He might not have thought much of it, or he was kind of stunned.

Q-Pi

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 15, 2015, 04:39:50 PM
that one nut job who called in not that long ago.. I can't believe he admitted that he drove out to Bell's house to see his radio tower(s)..
The Ham enthusiast bagging on a remote viewing workshop?  That was a disturbing revelation.  But there's a difference between fanatical pilgrimage and violent lunacy.

whytide

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 15, 2015, 04:39:50 PM
one nut job who called in not that long ago.. I can't believe he admitted that he drove out to Bell's house to see his radio tower(s).. he just kept going on and on about what he did there.

You wouldn't have a date and time of this call, would you?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: whytide on December 15, 2015, 05:45:56 PM

I don't recall if this was from September, or in the last couple of weeks. I will have to look it up, but it was I think near the end of the particular program.

Q-Pi

Quote from: whytide on December 15, 2015, 05:45:56 PM

Open Lines 11/27 spanning the second dark matter news break, listen for "hot diggity!"  (I'd conflated callers, this was a remote viewer, not the ham addict.) Art called it "kinda creepy" and segued into radio tower geek-out.