• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Dr. MD MD

Sure! Ike was a war hero. He just let the intelligence community get away from him.  ???

Quote from: Nobody on June 10, 2016, 01:53:45 AM
Did the caller mention anything about Houdini exposing Dr. Bert Reese?  I had wondered if Houdini's exposure of Reese resulted in the same kind of split between Edison and Houdini that existed between Houdini and Conan Doyle after Houdini burst Conan Doyle's spiritualism bubble.

Houdini wasn't really successful in breaking Doyle's spiritualism bubble.  Doyle just had better discernment afterwards.  He was really gullible in some situations like the whole fairy nonsense.  Houdini  revelled in exposing frauds and there were frauds aplenty back in those days.  However, he was open to people who had real psychic/medium gifts.  He wasn't convinced that they were communicating with spirits but he did recognize that they had some sort of power. 

Nobody

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 10, 2016, 01:59:15 AM
Houdini wasn't really successful in breaking Doyle's spiritualism bubble.  Doyle just had better discernment afterwards.  He was really gullible in some situations like the whole fairy nonsense.  Houdini  revelled in exposing frauds and there were frauds aplenty back in those days. 

Attempting to burst it, then.  :) My understanding was that Doyle never forgave Houdini for casting doubt on what CD wanted so desperately to believe in.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 10, 2016, 01:59:15 AM
However, he was open to people who had real psychic/medium gifts.  He wasn't convinced that they were communicating with spirits but he did recognize that they had some sort of power.

Do you have some names of psychics Houdini recognised as having legitimate "powers"?  My (possibly flawed) understanding was that Houdini wanted to believe in mediums (particularly after the death of his mother), but never found one whose powers could not be explained by trickery (you are familiar with the Scientific American panel he assisted, I assume?).

At any rate, I take it there was no mention at all of Dr. Bert Reese on the programme, is that right?

Firefighter

Quote from: nbirnes on June 09, 2016, 10:43:39 PM
It's usually OK. However, we've had a ton of rain the last couple of days, so we'll check the wires tomorrow and see if they are maybe soggy.

I need to get better at my sarcasm so it's easier for a person other than my wife can pick up on it

....by no means was I taking a shot at Bills telephone lines or connection....I made the comment "Does Bill usually have a great landline connection?"...cause Heather just kept repeating how "Bill usually has a great landline connection..." right after the intro of Bill's bio and trying to find a line that wasn't failing

and my feeling was she was trying to pawn off the connection problem she was having live on air so she didn't look unprepared and unprofessional for not having had Bill all ready on phone line ready to go waiting on hold

Bill Birnes' research of Thomas Edison's experiment got me thinking.

If Edison's journal says that (Edison) thought the soul may have been converted to electrons on death, and these bacteria eat electrons-are these the eaters of the dead?

"Meet the electric life forms that live on pure energy
Unlike any other life on Earth, these extraordinary bacteria use energy in its purest form â€" they eat and breathe electrons â€" and they are everywhere"
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25894-meet-the-electric-life-forms-that-live-on-pure-energy/

These creatures are also hypothesized to be alien life:
"Have We Found Alien Life?
Microbes that eat and breathe electricity have forced scientists to reimagine how life worksâ€"on this planet and others"
http://www.popsci.com/have-we-found-alien-life

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 10, 2016, 08:06:53 AM
Bill Birnes' research of Thomas Edison's experiment got me thinking.

If Edison's journal says that (Edison) thought the soul may have been converted to electrons on death, and these bacteria eat electrons-are these the eaters of the dead?

"Meet the electric life forms that live on pure energy
Unlike any other life on Earth, these extraordinary bacteria use energy in its purest form â€" they eat and breathe electrons â€" and they are everywhere"
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25894-meet-the-electric-life-forms-that-live-on-pure-energy/

These creatures are also hypothesized to be alien life:
"Have We Found Alien Life?
Microbes that eat and breathe electricity have forced scientists to reimagine how life worksâ€"on this planet and others"
http://www.popsci.com/have-we-found-alien-life

Fascinating! I wonder if this could explain some of the weird aerial phenomena people have sometimes witnessed and videoed, like glowing orbs, weird luminescent snake-like creatures and such?

In a lot of ways we're really just starting to understand microbiology.  ;)

Firefighter

8 minutes before the show whoa hold on make that 7 and it's dead in here

is this a direct reflection of the show and Heather getting better every night

5 min now

JesusJuice

KOK is going to call in tonight and give me and Quimby a shoutout after he sets Heather straight on Hillary Clinton. I'll be watching Waxworks instead on El Rey. Tell me how it goes.

Nobody

Quote from: Firefighter on June 10, 2016, 09:55:52 PM
is this a direct reflection of the show and Heather getting better every night

It might be because it is Friday Open Sewers, and so no real draw to bring people to the show.

We will see if Heather is any better at keeping the show engaging than she was last Friday.  :-\

I don't know who this Dr. Blue is, but I like the cut of his jib.

starrmtn001

Good evening everyone.  Oh, not to worry.  I'm much better now (heh heh heh ). :o

Dr_Blue

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 10, 2016, 10:11:09 PM
Good evening everyone.  Oh, not to worry.  I'm much better now (heh heh heh ). :o
What's wrong star?   :o

Lil Godzilla

Good evening all. Looks like another night of crappy subjects. Ohhh, so now she died and came back!

Taco Bell

The women on those bikes should reflect real biker women. Over weight, shitty tatts, missing teeth and chain smoking since the age of 16.

Dr_Blue

Quote from: Taco Bell on June 10, 2016, 10:14:27 PM
The women on those bikes should reflect real biker women. Over weight, shitty tatts, missing teeth and chain smoking since the age of 16.
Bwhaahahahaha....... ok.............

norland2424

Quote from: Taco Bell on June 10, 2016, 10:14:27 PM