• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Got to disagree with Bill about the UN.  Sure it has done some good but the bad outweighs it.

Thank Newt for the economy and budget surplus not Clinton.

Nobody

I am surprised Hillary Clinton was trying to channel Eleanor Roosevelt, seeing as how Eleanor Roosevelt was a much more attractive woman than Hillary.

You would think Hillary would not want to be reminded of that.

Quote from: Nobody on June 10, 2016, 12:26:30 AM
I am surprised Hillary Clinton was trying to channel Eleanor Roosevelt, seeing as how Eleanor Roosevelt was a much more attractive woman than Hillary.

I'm going to have to part ways with you on that point.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Nobody on June 10, 2016, 12:26:30 AM

You would think Hillary would not want to be reminded of that.

You funny guy

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 10, 2016, 12:07:50 AM
Anyone else got dead air? Oh, it's back now....nevermind.  :)

Never saw a problem, naow I go off to make popcorn..

Dr. MD MD

A bit of lesbian titillation for you from Wikipedia:

Roosevelt also had a close relationship with Associated Press (AP) reporter Lorena Hickok, who covered her during the last months of the presidential campaign and "fell madly in love with her".[37] During this period, Roosevelt wrote daily ten- to fifteen-page letters to "Hick", who was planning to write a biography of the First Lady.[38] The letters included such endearments as, "I want to put my arms around you & kiss you at the corner of your mouth,"[39] and "I can't kiss you, so I kiss your picture good night and good morning!"[40] At Franklin's 1933 inauguration, Eleanor wore a sapphire ring Hickok had given her.[41] Compromised as a reporter, Hickok soon resigned her position with the AP to be closer to Eleanor, who secured her a job as an investigator for a New Deal program.[42]

There is considerable debate about whether her relationship with Hickok was sexual. It was known in the White House press corps at the time that Lorena Hickok was a lesbian.[43] Scholars, including Lillian Faderman[41] and Hazel Rowley,[44] have asserted that there was a physical component to the relationship, while Hickok biographer Doris Faber has argued that the insinuative phrases have misled historians. Doris Kearns Goodwin stated in her 1994 Pulitzer Prizeâ€"winning account of the Roosevelts that "whether Hick and Eleanor went beyond kisses and hugs" could not be determined with certainty.[45] Roosevelt was close friends with several lesbian couples, such as Nancy Cook and Marion Dickerman, and Esther Lape and Elizabeth Read, suggesting that she was familiar with the lifestyle; Marie Souvestre, Roosevelt's childhood teacher and a great influence on her later thinking, was also a lesbian.[44] Faber published some of Roosevelt and Hickok's correspondence in 1980, but concluded that the lovestruck phrasing was simply an "unusually belated schoolgirl crush"[46] and warned historians not to be misled.[45] Researcher Leila J. Rupp criticized Faber's argument, calling her book "a case study in homophobia" and arguing that Faber unwittingly presented "page after page of evidence that delineates the growth and development of a love affair between the two women".[47] In 1992, Roosevelt biographer Blanche Wiesen Cook argued that the relationship was in fact romantic, generating national attention.[46][48][49]

A few months after FDR's first inauguration, Eleanor wrote to "Hick": "And so you think they gossip about us....I am always so much more optimistic than you are. I suppose because I care so little about what 'they' say."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 10, 2016, 12:28:40 AM

Hey, there, purdy lady!  ;)

Nobody

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 10, 2016, 12:28:40 AM

Consider: Eleanor Roosevelt did not speak in a grating, metallic monotone.  :)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 10, 2016, 12:30:32 AM
A bit of lesbian titillation for you from Wikipedia:

Roosevelt also had a close relationship with Associated Press (AP) reporter Lorena Hickok, who covered her during the last months of the presidential campaign and "fell madly in love with her".[37] During this period, Roosevelt wrote daily ten- to fifteen-page letters to "Hick", who was planning to write a biography of the First Lady.[38] The letters included such endearments as, "I want to put my arms around you & kiss you at the corner of your mouth,"[39] and "I can't kiss you, so I kiss your picture good night and good morning!"[40] At Franklin's 1933 inauguration, Eleanor wore a sapphire ring Hickok had given her.[41] Compromised as a reporter, Hickok soon resigned her position with the AP to be closer to Eleanor, who secured her a job as an investigator for a New Deal program.[42]

There is considerable debate about whether her relationship with Hickok was sexual. It was known in the White House press corps at the time that Lorena Hickok was a lesbian.[43] Scholars, including Lillian Faderman[41] and Hazel Rowley,[44] have asserted that there was a physical component to the relationship, while Hickok biographer Doris Faber has argued that the insinuative phrases have misled historians. Doris Kearns Goodwin stated in her 1994 Pulitzer Prizeâ€"winning account of the Roosevelts that "whether Hick and Eleanor went beyond kisses and hugs" could not be determined with certainty.[45] Roosevelt was close friends with several lesbian couples, such as Nancy Cook and Marion Dickerman, and Esther Lape and Elizabeth Read, suggesting that she was familiar with the lifestyle; Marie Souvestre, Roosevelt's childhood teacher and a great influence on her later thinking, was also a lesbian.[44] Faber published some of Roosevelt and Hickok's correspondence in 1980, but concluded that the lovestruck phrasing was simply an "unusually belated schoolgirl crush"[46] and warned historians not to be misled.[45] Researcher Leila J. Rupp criticized Faber's argument, calling her book "a case study in homophobia" and arguing that Faber unwittingly presented "page after page of evidence that delineates the growth and development of a love affair between the two women".[47] In 1992, Roosevelt biographer Blanche Wiesen Cook argued that the relationship was in fact romantic, generating national attention.[46][48][49]

A few months after FDR's first inauguration, Eleanor wrote to "Hick": "And so you think they gossip about us....I am always so much more optimistic than you are. I suppose because I care so little about what 'they' say."

Lorena Hickok

I'm sorry that coupling would never make for a male fantasy.  Scary thing is I might be related to Lorena, though very distantly.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 10, 2016, 12:35:53 AM
Lorena Hickok

I'm sorry that coupling would never make for a male fantasy.

Probably not...but it could make for a female fantasy...given the right female.  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 10, 2016, 12:37:16 AM
Probably not...but it could make for a female fantasy...given the right female.  ;)

There is that. :P

Nobody

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 10, 2016, 12:35:53 AM
Lorena Hickok

I'm sorry that coupling would never make for a male fantasy.

Depends on the fantasy, maybe.  Lorena Hickok looks like the sort of woman who can cut a lot of wood and there are some parts of the world where that counts for a lot.  :P

Quote from: Nobody on June 10, 2016, 12:32:25 AM
Consider: Eleanor Roosevelt did not speak in a grating, metallic monotone.  :)

You make an excellent point.  :D ;)

Nobody

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 10, 2016, 12:48:33 AM
Fucking drunk callers.  ::)

You gotta love the name he gave, though: Timmy Tesla.  ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nobody on June 10, 2016, 12:49:43 AM
You gotta love the name he gave, though: Timmy Tesla.  ::)

Yeah, Timmy Tesla who didn't know the difference between AC and DC.  ;D

Nobody

I have no problem whatever believing that the caller sees things other people do not see.

Dr. MD MD

I think Timmy Tesla's been smoking crystal meth as well as drinking.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

I'm not holding my breath on this guy submitting ANY photos.  :)

pate

Dr. MD MD

Bill, 3 questions: Why are you so great? Didn't we meet in a past life? And when will the voices stop screaming?!  :(

Nobody

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 10, 2016, 12:52:31 AM
I think Timmy Tesla's been smoking crystal meth as well as drinking.  ;)

At the very least.  :-\

It does speak well of Bill Birnes' good nature, however, that he has treated this, er, "confused" caller with courtesy. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 10, 2016, 12:55:28 AM
Bill, 3 questions: Why are you so great? Didn't we meet in a past life? And when will the voices stop screaming?!  :(

When they use electricity and the ECT sessions are completed.

Quote from: Nobody on June 10, 2016, 12:38:40 AM
Depends on the fantasy, maybe.  Lorena Hickok looks like the sort of woman who can cut a lot of wood and there are some parts of the world where that counts for a lot.  :P

Deep in Siberia maybe.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 10, 2016, 12:55:28 AM

3) When you take your meds.

Quote from: Juan Cena on June 10, 2016, 12:57:22 AM
I am on hold.

I'm not going anywhere, Juan, so at least one gabber will be listening.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 10, 2016, 12:56:31 AM
When they use electricity and the ECT sessions are completed.

They told me that last time and it wasn't true.  >:(

You're working with them, aren't you?!  ???