• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 09, 2016, 11:25:12 PM
Good evening folks. :D  Just turned the show on a few minutes ago.  Hope all are well.  I've always been fascinated with Edison ever since I saw Edison The Man with Spencer Tracy when I was a kid.

For me it was when I went through Edison's Workshop at the Ford complex in Dearborn, Michigan.

For Tesla, it was when I read up on him after helping to fund a Kickstarter campaign for a biopic about Tesla. I received a real nice metal engraving of one of his patents mounted on a plaque.

Quote from: nbirnes on June 09, 2016, 11:40:06 PM
Here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVDtu7AGJXY

Ah, The Lux Theater with Cecil B. DeMille as the host.  Those were great radio programs!!!  Love that stuff. :D :D :D

starrmtn001

Heading to bed.  Good night my friends.  See you tomorrow. :-*

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 09, 2016, 11:43:51 PM
For me it was when I went through Edison's Workshop at the Ford complex in Dearborn, Michigan.

For Tesla, it was when I read up on him after helping to fund a Kickstarter campaign for a biopic about Tesla. I received a real nice metal engraving of one of his patents mounted on a plaque.

Hey GS!  :D I've only gotten into Tesla during the last 10 years.  Pretty much around the time David Bowie played him in that movie.

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 09, 2016, 11:44:59 PM

G'night, star.  Sweet Dreams.  ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 09, 2016, 11:44:59 PM

Night Starr

mnbmnbmnb

I will say although he's not very accurate on electricity he's pretty accurate on the history of Edison and Tesla.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 09, 2016, 11:45:40 PM
Hey GS!  :D I've only gotten into Tesla during the last 10 years.  Pretty much around the time David Bowie played him in that movie.

If you are ever up around Detroit, this is about the only thing left seeing up there.

https://www.thehenryford.org/visit/greenfield-village/districts/edison-at-work/

Juan Cena

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 09, 2016, 11:31:25 PM
I'm kinda partial to the Houdini biopic with Tony Curtis. Kinda in the same vein.

Gee I wonder if Houdini ever looked into Edison's spirit receiver?

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 09, 2016, 11:49:33 PM
If you are ever up around Detroit, this is about the only thing left seeing up there.

https://www.thehenryford.org/visit/greenfield-village/districts/edison-at-work/

Cool.  I'll have to make a side trip up there the next time I go to Cleveland.

Nobody

Quote from: nbirnes on June 09, 2016, 11:27:25 PM
Bill made me watch the Thomas Edison movie starring Mickey Rooney when he was doing that book.

Pardon my asking, but is Spring 2017 the release date for the book?

nbirnes

Quote from: Nobody on June 09, 2016, 11:52:06 PM
Pardon my asking, but is Spring 2017 the release date for the book?

Not sure. I can check after the show.

nbirnes

Quote from: Juan Cena on June 09, 2016, 11:49:52 PM

That's an excellent question! Call in!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: mnbmnbmnb on June 09, 2016, 11:48:24 PM
I will say although he's not very accurate on electricity he's pretty accurate on the history of Edison and Tesla.

Electricity is a modern wonder!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_chair

nbirnes

Quote from: mnbmnbmnb on June 09, 2016, 11:48:24 PM

I wonder if you could write to me (nancy@birnes.com) so we could get into specifics? The book is still in progress and I know Bill needs lessons.

GravitySucks

Quote from: nbirnes on June 09, 2016, 11:55:55 PM
I wonder if you could write to me (nancy@birnes.com) so we could get into specifics? The book is still in progress and I know Bill needs lessons.

Just remember, electricity is like gravity. We know some things about it, but not everything.

Dr. MD MD

QuoteWell, we know Nancy was consulting astrologers and spiritualists after Bush tried to have Ronnie offed.  ;)

Cogent analysis, Doc!  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 10, 2016, 12:02:13 AM
Bring back Ross Mitchell!  >:(

Art is such a tease.  It's torture to hear Art as announcer while he should be hosting the show and asking the questions.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 10, 2016, 12:05:53 AM
Art is such a tease.  It's torture to hear Art as announcer while he should be hosting the show and asking the questions.

What he said.  ;)

Nancy, tell Bill that his connection is going bad.

Dr. MD MD

Anyone else got dead air? Oh, it's back now....nevermind.  :)

Nobody

Quote from: Juan Cena on June 09, 2016, 11:49:52 PM

I am not clear on whether Houdini and Edison were on speaking terms after Houdini exposed Dr. Bert Reese.  Edison insisted that Reese could read minds whilst Houdini exposed him as being no better than any other purported "medium."

nbirnes

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 10, 2016, 12:06:55 AM
Nancy, tell Bill that his connection is going bad.

He sails blithely on ... pacing above my head ... and I just switched to TuneIn and it's fixed.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 09, 2016, 11:19:47 PM
Read the TOS. You can't quit BellGab. MV owns your soul.

Coda: you can check out any time you like but you can never leave

Quote from: nbirnes on June 10, 2016, 12:10:28 AM
He sails blithely on ... pacing above my head ... and I just switched to TuneIn and it's fixed.

Yeah, it gradually got better after the period of dead air.  Once Bill gets going, he can't stop. LOL

nbirnes

Quote from: TigerLily on June 10, 2016, 12:11:08 AM
Coda: you can check out any time you like but you can never leave

The Roach Motel California.  8)

Nobody

Mike Deaver was Reagan's Deputy Chief of Staff, not chief of staff.  Chief of Staff was this man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Baker_III

Dr. MD MD

I don't think Eleanor would've ever worked for JP Morgan or Goldman Sachs.  :P