• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

nbirnes

Quote from: Juan Cena on June 09, 2016, 11:13:30 PM
Well, at least one scientist out there theorizes that consciousness is a state of matter.

I used to have one or two really good links to back this up. Two good articles describing it as a fine plasma-like body, IIRC.

GravitySucks

Well, at least one scientist out there theorizes that consciousness is a state of matter.

Why does it matter?

starrmtn001

Nah, not gonna.  But, so much fertile ground to play with here. ;D

Nobody

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 09, 2016, 11:07:56 PM
Gotcha!  ;)

BTW, I got that impression because you said that the Chinese went to war with the British and lost. Reversing the phrasing would've been more accurate. The British went to war with the Chinese.   ;)

Going to war does not always mean picking up a weapon; picking up a pen will do as well. I doubt very much that the Chinese did not foresee the outcome of their attempting to ban the opium trade in China.  ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: mnbmnbmnb on June 09, 2016, 11:13:34 PM
As no one ever has. Thanks for your inspiration, you won't hear from me after tonight. In matter of fact I think no one will...

Read the TOS. You can't quit BellGab. MV owns your soul.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 09, 2016, 11:16:52 PM
Me and my big mouth! I was the straw that broke his camel's back toe. Cruel fates!  :'(
FIFY.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 09, 2016, 11:18:23 PM
Nah, not gonna.  But, so much fertile ground to play with here. ;D

If you don't mind, it don't matter. Yuk, yuk, yuk!  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C80iIItZHFM

starrmtn001

A state of mind over matter.  Of course, if you don't mind, then it doesn't matter. ::)

nbirnes

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 09, 2016, 11:17:56 PM
Why does it matter?

Because then it might be measured via instruments, rather than intuition?

Good evening folks. :D  Just turned the show on a few minutes ago.  Hope all are well.  I've always been fascinated with Edison ever since I saw Edison The Man with Spencer Tracy when I was a kid.

mnbmnbmnb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 09, 2016, 11:16:52 PM
Me and my big mouth! I was the straw that broke his camel's back. Cruel fates!  :'(

Don't worry sooner or later most people realize life is meaningless and just a void of distraction and despair. So rejoice! This is not a cruel situation, death is more of a peaceful happy thing then anything else.

Now you can take pride that you have given someone happiness and took them away from anguish.

Thank you.

pate

Quote from: nbirnes on June 09, 2016, 11:17:27 PM
I used to have one or two really good links to back this up. Two good articles describing it as a fine plasma-like body, IIRC.

Nor worry*sp), erm;  PunktooAySyhun,relief....

well.. adeep/aderp.

starrmtn001

Quote from: nbirnes on June 09, 2016, 11:23:02 PM
Because then it might be measured via instruments, rather than intuition?
Maybe it's because instinct is instrumental.  And some people's instruments really do stink! ;D

nbirnes

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 09, 2016, 11:25:12 PM
Good evening folks. :D  Just turned the show on a few minutes ago.  Hope all are well.  I've always been fascinated with Edison ever since I saw Edison The Man with Spencer Tracy when I was a kid.

Bill made me watch the Thomas Edison movie starring Mickey Rooney when he was doing that book. It wasn't too bad, actually. Rooney had spunk.

starrmtn001

Dude!  Welcome!  Where ya been?

nbirnes

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 09, 2016, 11:27:25 PM
Maybe it's because instinct is instrumental.  And some people's instruments really do stink! ;D

Hmmmmm. Something to think about, for sure.

Nobody

Quote from: mnbmnbmnb on June 09, 2016, 11:26:43 PM
Don't worry sooner or later most people realize life is meaningless and just a void of distraction and despair.

Yes, I remember when someone told me that for the first time.  All I could think to say was, "Gee, thanks dad."  :(

Dr. MD MD

I'm kinda partial to the Houdini biopic with Tony Curtis. Kinda in the same vein.

starrmtn001

Quote from: nbirnes on June 09, 2016, 11:28:34 PM
Hmmmmm. Something to think about, for sure.
Sorry, just playin' with the words, Nancy.  They're kind of like 'mind toys' lol.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Nobody on June 09, 2016, 11:30:31 PM
Yes, I remember when someone told me that for the first time.  All I could think to say was, "Gee, thanks dad."  :(
He lied.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nobody on June 09, 2016, 11:30:31 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C80iIItZHFM

:D

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 09, 2016, 11:31:25 PM
I'm kinda partial to the Houdini biopic with Tony Curtis. Kinda in the same vein.

That new guy playing Houdini in the new Fox series looks like Tony Curtis and sort of acts like him too.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 09, 2016, 11:31:25 PM
That was a cool movie.

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 09, 2016, 11:28:28 PM
Dude!  Welcome!  Where ya been?

Busy, busy, busy.  I'm here for the duration of the show tonight though. Doubt I will switch to Hoagland when he comes on.  How ya doing, star?  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: mnbmnbmnb on June 09, 2016, 11:26:43 PM
Don't worry sooner or later most people realize life is meaningless and just a void of distraction and despair. So rejoice! This is not a cruel situation, death is more of a peaceful happy thing then anything else.

Now you can take pride that you have given someone happiness and took them away from anguish.

Thank you.

Gee! Thanks! I just can't stop winning! Me and Charlie Sheen! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7N7TDBceHY

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 09, 2016, 11:34:41 PM
Busy, busy, busy.  I'm here for the duration of the show tonight though. Doubt I will switch to Hoagland when he comes on.  How ya doing, star?  :D
Funny you should ask.  Well, now it's funny. ;)

Check out this thread, pages 1746-49. 

Quote from: nbirnes on June 09, 2016, 11:27:25 PM
Bill made me watch the Thomas Edison movie starring Mickey Rooney when he was doing that book. It wasn't too bad, actually. Rooney had spunk.

Hi, Nancy.  I always enjoy listening to you and your husband. I'm not as familiar with the Rooney film though I'm a classic movie buff.  I think that was sort of a prequel to Edison The Man if I remember correctly.

nbirnes

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 09, 2016, 11:37:07 PM
Hi, Nancy.  I always enjoy listening to you and your husband. I'm not as familiar with the Rooney film though I'm a classic movie buff.  I think that was sort of a prequel to Edison The Man if I remember correctly.

Here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVDtu7AGJXY

mnbmnbmnb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 09, 2016, 11:35:52 PM
Gee! Thanks! I just can't stop winning! Me and Charlie Sheen! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7N7TDBceHY

It's always nice to see a person getting liberated from the grips of insatiable desire. I also take solace in that fact that I know this spirit phone won't work so I'll never be disturbed in my slumber of never ending happiness.