Author Topic: Midnight In The Desert With Heather Wade  (Read 2449943 times)

Re: Midnight In The Desert With Heather Wade
« Reply #52470 on: June 10, 2016, 12:17:27 AM »
Well, at least one scientist out there theorizes that consciousness is a state of matter.

I used to have one or two really good links to back this up. Two good articles describing it as a fine plasma-like body, IIRC.

« Reply #52471 on: June 10, 2016, 12:17:56 AM »
Well, at least one scientist out there theorizes that consciousness is a state of matter.

Why does it matter?

« Reply #52472 on: June 10, 2016, 12:18:23 AM »
Nah, not gonna.  But, so much fertile ground to play with here. ;D

« Reply #52473 on: June 10, 2016, 12:19:11 AM »
Gotcha!  ;)

BTW, I got that impression because you said that the Chinese went to war with the British and lost. Reversing the phrasing would've been more accurate. The British went to war with the Chinese.   ;)

Going to war does not always mean picking up a weapon; picking up a pen will do as well. I doubt very much that the Chinese did not foresee the outcome of their attempting to ban the opium trade in China.  ;D

« Reply #52474 on: June 10, 2016, 12:19:47 AM »
As no one ever has. Thanks for your inspiration, you won't hear from me after tonight. In matter of fact I think no one will...

Read the TOS. You can't quit BellGab. MV owns your soul.

« Reply #52475 on: June 10, 2016, 12:20:21 AM »
Me and my big mouth! I was the straw that broke his camel's back toe. Cruel fates!  :'(
FIFY.

« Reply #52476 on: June 10, 2016, 12:20:55 AM »
Nah, not gonna.  But, so much fertile ground to play with here. ;D

If you don't mind, it don't matter. Yuk, yuk, yuk!  :P

« Reply #52477 on: June 10, 2016, 12:22:46 AM »
A state of mind over matter.  Of course, if you don't mind, then it doesn't matter. ::)

« Reply #52478 on: June 10, 2016, 12:23:02 AM »
Why does it matter?

Because then it might be measured via instruments, rather than intuition?

« Reply #52479 on: June 10, 2016, 12:24:24 AM »
If you don't mind, it don't matter. Yuk, yuk, yuk!  :P

LIKE MINDS MATTER! >:(

;D ;D ;D

« Reply #52480 on: June 10, 2016, 12:25:12 AM »
Good evening folks. :D  Just turned the show on a few minutes ago.  Hope all are well.  I've always been fascinated with Edison ever since I saw Edison The Man with Spencer Tracy when I was a kid.

« Reply #52481 on: June 10, 2016, 12:26:43 AM »
Me and my big mouth! I was the straw that broke his camel's back. Cruel fates!  :'(

Don't worry sooner or later most people realize life is meaningless and just a void of distraction and despair. So rejoice! This is not a cruel situation, death is more of a peaceful happy thing then anything else.

Now you can take pride that you have given someone happiness and took them away from anguish.

Thank you.

« Reply #52482 on: June 10, 2016, 12:27:22 AM »
I used to have one or two really good links to back this up. Two good articles describing it as a fine plasma-like body, IIRC.

Nor worry*sp), erm;  PunktooAySyhun,relief....

well.. adeep/aderp.

« Reply #52483 on: June 10, 2016, 12:27:25 AM »
Because then it might be measured via instruments, rather than intuition?
Maybe it's because instinct is instrumental.  And some people's instruments really do stink! ;D

« Reply #52484 on: June 10, 2016, 12:27:25 AM »
Good evening folks. :D  Just turned the show on a few minutes ago.  Hope all are well.  I've always been fascinated with Edison ever since I saw Edison The Man with Spencer Tracy when I was a kid.

Bill made me watch the Thomas Edison movie starring Mickey Rooney when he was doing that book. It wasn't too bad, actually. Rooney had spunk.

« Reply #52485 on: June 10, 2016, 12:28:28 AM »
Dude!  Welcome!  Where ya been?

« Reply #52486 on: June 10, 2016, 12:28:34 AM »
Maybe it's because instinct is instrumental.  And some people's instruments really do stink! ;D

Hmmmmm. Something to think about, for sure.

« Reply #52487 on: June 10, 2016, 12:30:31 AM »
Don't worry sooner or later most people realize life is meaningless and just a void of distraction and despair.

Yes, I remember when someone told me that for the first time.  All I could think to say was, "Gee, thanks dad."  :(

« Reply #52488 on: June 10, 2016, 12:31:25 AM »

I'm kinda partial to the Houdini biopic with Tony Curtis. Kinda in the same vein.

« Reply #52489 on: June 10, 2016, 12:31:42 AM »
Hmmmmm. Something to think about, for sure.
Sorry, just playin' with the words, Nancy.  They're kind of like 'mind toys' lol.

« Reply #52490 on: June 10, 2016, 12:32:35 AM »
Yes, I remember when someone told me that for the first time.  All I could think to say was, "Gee, thanks dad."  :(
He lied.

« Reply #52491 on: June 10, 2016, 12:32:45 AM »

:D

« Reply #52492 on: June 10, 2016, 12:32:45 AM »
I'm kinda partial to the Houdini biopic with Tony Curtis. Kinda in the same vein.

That new guy playing Houdini in the new Fox series looks like Tony Curtis and sort of acts like him too.

« Reply #52493 on: June 10, 2016, 12:33:43 AM »
That was a cool movie.

« Reply #52494 on: June 10, 2016, 12:34:41 AM »
Dude!  Welcome!  Where ya been?

Busy, busy, busy.  I'm here for the duration of the show tonight though. Doubt I will switch to Hoagland when he comes on.  How ya doing, star?  :D

« Reply #52495 on: June 10, 2016, 12:35:52 AM »
Don't worry sooner or later most people realize life is meaningless and just a void of distraction and despair. So rejoice! This is not a cruel situation, death is more of a peaceful happy thing then anything else.

Now you can take pride that you have given someone happiness and took them away from anguish.

Thank you.

Gee! Thanks! I just can't stop winning! Me and Charlie Sheen! :D

« Reply #52496 on: June 10, 2016, 12:37:06 AM »
Busy, busy, busy.  I'm here for the duration of the show tonight though. Doubt I will switch to Hoagland when he comes on.  How ya doing, star?  :D
Funny you should ask.  Well, now it's funny. ;)

Check out this thread, pages 1746-49. 

« Reply #52497 on: June 10, 2016, 12:37:07 AM »
Bill made me watch the Thomas Edison movie starring Mickey Rooney when he was doing that book. It wasn't too bad, actually. Rooney had spunk.

Hi, Nancy.  I always enjoy listening to you and your husband. I'm not as familiar with the Rooney film though I'm a classic movie buff.  I think that was sort of a prequel to Edison The Man if I remember correctly.

« Reply #52498 on: June 10, 2016, 12:40:06 AM »
Hi, Nancy.  I always enjoy listening to you and your husband. I'm not as familiar with the Rooney film though I'm a classic movie buff.  I think that was sort of a prequel to Edison The Man if I remember correctly.

Here it is!

« Reply #52499 on: June 10, 2016, 12:43:46 AM »
Gee! Thanks! I just can't stop winning! Me and Charlie Sheen! :D

It's always nice to see a person getting liberated from the grips of insatiable desire. I also take solace in that fact that I know this spirit phone won't work so I'll never be disturbed in my slumber of never ending happiness.