• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 26, 2018, 06:54:43 PM
At my age. I takes what I gets.

I get nothing.

dont lose faith, buddy. Art was banging bitche(s) into his seventies.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 26, 2018, 06:51:44 PM
Because it was public and she had comments enabled. Those of us that have daughters didn’t think that was a good way to teach a nine year old girl how to use the internet safely.
No, I mean why in God’s name did he let her? I’m still trying to keep my 14 & 16 yr olds off social media.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: anon on April 26, 2018, 06:58:05 PM
dont lose faith, buddy. Art was banging bitche(s) into his seventies.

PRAISE FATHERLESS CHILDREN!

Sean92008

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 26, 2018, 06:56:59 PM
looks huwhite to me desu

Whoever wrote that has been partaking in white powder...

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 26, 2018, 07:00:32 PM
No, I mean why in God’s name did he let her? I’m still trying to keep my 14 & 16 yr olds off social media.

Oh. I thought you couldn’t understand why some of us got upset with him.

The weekend after he died she came into Falkie’s live stream because he had tagged it with “Art Bell”.

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 26, 2018, 07:01:31 PM
PRAISE FATHERLESS CHILDREN!

was Art black? nibber walked out on all his kids. wew!

albrecht

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 26, 2018, 07:00:32 PM
A lot of the people who invented and made millions off the stuff admit they keep their own children off social media, internet, gaming, etc or severely limit it. Some of them have come out and admitted the societal problems it is causing, even for adults.

Kaiborg

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 26, 2018, 07:01:42 PM
Whoever wrote that has been partaking in white powder...

For real.  That one is based... as in "freebased".

dsz

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 26, 2018, 06:25:01 PM
anti-heather people doing a mass consciousness to get heather on the air is kinda counter intuitive

Well I meant live with a guest host. But if you think about it... Being on air now causes her great crying, mourning, and agony, so causing her to be on air would be a very vindictive way for them to get at Heather. It'd be a win either way for them.

Rocketeer

Quote from: albrecht on April 26, 2018, 07:04:11 PM
A lot of the people who invented and made millions off the stuff admit they keep their own children off social media, internet, gaming, etc or severely limit it. Some of them have come out and admitted the societal problems it is causing, even for adults.

The "like button inventor" being the most notorious.

Catsmile

Quote from: Laurakinch on April 26, 2018, 02:57:40 PM
What the hell happened to her voice? She sounds like Kermit the frog!

#KermitWithCroup

Sean92008

Quote from: albrecht on April 26, 2018, 07:04:11 PM
Yet the man who was shot at on his family's property lets his daughter be seen and identifiable in public.  Posing outside the trailer for a photo and taking photos in easily identifiable locations that they frequented was stupid as hell (if there was a stalker).

Asuka Langley

Quote from: anon on April 26, 2018, 07:02:34 PM
was Art black? nibber walked out on all his kids. wew!

He was a proud person of color, Yes.

Robert

Quote from: Faustina on April 26, 2018, 03:24:04 PMI find it hard to believe Art would commit suicide.  Too much to live for, even if he was in pain.
Sure.  He was waiting like the rest of us to see how Ms. Wade's escapade into Area 51 would go.  So he could laugh.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 26, 2018, 07:02:29 PM
Oh. I thought you couldn’t understand why some of us got upset with him.

The weekend after he died she came into Falkie’s live stream because he had tagged it with “Art Bell”.
Omg are you fucking serious??  :o FFS (about Falkie)

Yeah, I really don’t get promoting  kids on the internet. I spend a lot of time limiting what my kids are doing online.  My son has Autism and he can’t seem to help himself. I won’t bother trying to shock you with some of what he’s done.  :-X

Sean92008

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 26, 2018, 07:12:42 PM
He was a proud person of color, Yes.

God, that negative shows just how stacked he was...

Grifynne

Quote from: anon on April 26, 2018, 06:51:38 PM
why does everyone forget about the crabfest?

We will pay for our forgetting.

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 26, 2018, 07:12:06 PM
Yet the man who was shot at on his family's property let's his daughter be seen and identifiable in public.  Posing outside the trailer for a photo and taking photos in easily identifiable locations that they frequented was stupid as hell (if there was a stalker).

the only stalker was Art's guilty conscience.

Grifynne

Because it was public and she had comments enabled. Those of us that have daughters didn’t think that was a good way to teach a nine year old girl how to use the internet safely.

Ya, that kinda sounds like a recipe for disaster for a kid of that age (and either gender). It's how those internet cautionary tales usually start out...

albrecht

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 26, 2018, 07:06:53 PM
The "like button inventor" being the most notorious.
A decade (or more) they started linking machines in Vegas and using algorithms and human risk/reward psychologists to figure out ways for manipulating bettors. They are legal requirements for how slots/video-poker pay-out but using software and linking they can still comply but maximize the addictive potential.The social medias and video games with likes, view counts, monetizing, etc do the same thing now. And now with a generation raised on them? I also strongly suspect some correlation (not causative necessarily) of rise of suicide, mass shooters, etc with games in which "lives" are endless, goal is killing most, etc.

ItsOver

Yet the man who was shot at on his family's property lets his daughter be seen and identifiable in public.  Posing outside the trailer for a photo and taking photos in easily identifiable locations that they frequented was stupid as hell (if there was a stalker).
# ArtNotWorried
# AsiaKnewFirecrackerSafety

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 26, 2018, 06:43:31 PM
He'd had enough. He loved the rollercoaster of the faithful urging and cajoling him to ressurect his old show and he probably loved the attention, but when it cam down to it, he was tired but knew he would let a lot of people down if he'd said 'Thanks guys, but I just can't, I'm sorry'.. I think Heather knew that, and the two of them thought it up..Remember how it was Heather who apparently called the cops? At that time she wasn't anywhere near hs compound apparently so why did she call the cops? And with all the apparent risk of being in an assassins sights he poses for photos out in the open with his daughter? Really?

Maybe not exactly like that, but close.

Here's what I thought, from the beginning.  Art's later claim (I don't take his word for anything anymore) of COPD reinforces it:

On the MITD pilot, he sprung the idea of a co-host, and introduced Heather.  I believe his idea all along was to do the show with her, and gradually hand it over to her as she learned the ropes - let her speak more, then take some nights off, then fill in from time to time.  And people would have accepted it if he had presented it AHEAD OF TIME - if that was the deal in getting him to be on air at all.

Instead of simply saying that, his ego, sense of superiority, condensation towards the listeners, and paranoid need for secrecy prevented him from doing so.  Hell no, just do it with no advance notice.

Stunned by the outrage he dumped the idea, deciding he'd find a way to give it to her anyway.  Condescending to the end, but not wanting to provoke more backlash, he concocted a story.  With him as hero.  Didn't work out that way. 

albrecht

Yep. And besides that the guy lives in, somewhat, rural Nevada adjacent to BLM land. Who wouldn't expect gun-shots, fireworks, etc all the time?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 26, 2018, 07:13:58 PM
Omg are you fucking serious??  :o FFS (about Falkie)

Yeah, I really don’t get promoting  kids on the internet. I spend a lot of time limiting what my kids are doing online.  My son has Autism and he can’t seem to help himself. I won’t bother trying to shock you with some of what he’s done.  :-X

Just for yuks, go and look at the very first post of this thread, page one..  :-\

Being a geezer, Art was in many ways not quite up to speed on the digital, connected world.