• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Father Jack on April 25, 2018, 06:19:04 PM
There's a nearby radio station that plays nothing but Beatles 24/7. They do OK in ratings. Couldn't MITD get by just playing old Art shows?

Their income is based on subscriptions for access to the archives. Keith only owns the rights to Art’s MITD shows. He was only on MITD from 7/20/2015 to about 12/7/2015. 5 nights per week. One month of subscribing and you can download all of the shows,  including Heather’s.

damon

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 25, 2018, 06:11:51 PM
Yes and yes.

But I think everyone already realizes the buck starts and stops with Art. May he rest in peace. Seriously.
I hope the Heather knows that what she is doing is damaging MitD. I hope that she can do some damage control. If Art was her Teacher. I hope that you learn what to do and more important, What NOT TO DO. Her show is the flag ship show. Like it or not, The Network is on her now.  Its sink or swim time.

WhiteCrow

Opportunities are being wasted to influence lots of future fans!

329 Guests, 84 Users (1 Buddy, 28 Hidden)

Concurrent users, last 60 minutes:
Renegade Smurf, Kolchak, Father Jack, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Zenman, jason.callan, Rally Squirrel, Happier Times are Coming, TBPauly, bellNwhistle, weeberwubber, El Chorro, yoursongs, Heather Wade, Sean92008, sintaxi, The Bovine Moos, whoozit, Rocketeer, canadiancommie, Juan, DynamoHum, Bonanza Pilot, grano salis, Grifynne, Ceesue, carpoolgänger, Pizzapunch, Dateline, Element 115, Chocolate coated jackboot, nbirnes, ranger_star, feerles1, Morgus, Icy Nothing, IcicleTrepan, LucaParcelli, Kidnostad3, Sumthins Goin On, FallenSeraph, Kaiborg, IronCity58man, albrecht, keithneese, EarthAlien007, spellerine, hitfan, malliard, sydtron, trostol, fotd

GravitySucks

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on April 25, 2018, 06:18:58 PM
The two weeks clause?

No clue. It could say 5 days. It could say 1 day without a doctor’s appointment.

aldousburbank

Quote from: damon on April 25, 2018, 05:42:36 PM
Yes Art was a good talk show host but not a perfect man when he was away from the radio mike. Art did quit a lot and was a DRAMA QUEEN.

In the end Art's history of intrigue and drama may be judged to be hall of fame worthy.

GravitySucks

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 25, 2018, 06:24:36 PM
In the end Art's history of intrigue and drama may be judged to be hall of fame worthy.

I wonder which paranormal conference will try to arrange an “Art Bell’s Ex-wives Meet & Greet”

aldousburbank

Quote from: damon on April 25, 2018, 06:22:25 PM
If Art was her Teacher. I hope that you learn what to do and more important, What NOT TO DO.

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: Father Jack on April 25, 2018, 06:19:04 PM
There's a nearby radio station that plays nothing but Beatles 24/7. They do OK in ratings. Couldn't MITD get by just playing old Art shows?

Yes I'm sure but,  there is  a very limited amount of Art shows on MITD and all his old coast stuff is owned by Premrat. It would never happen.

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 25, 2018, 06:26:41 PM
Awww, thats cute. You've got a little friend there

Not me.  I'm a loner.  A rebel...............

albrecht

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 25, 2018, 06:20:53 PM
Keef says he only owns the rights to the MITD shows. Someone asked him this on Twitter.
Norry on a recent Gabcast said that he will "look into" releasing old Art shows. The problem, he claims, is that they are not organized, on tape so would have to be converted, would have to be edited (in terms of commercials and bumper music,) etc.

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2018, 06:23:30 PM
No clue. It could say 5 days. It could say 1 day without a doctor’s appointment.

I'm just truly skeptical Heather has any kind of contract that would hold up in court. I can't help but remember that Art wouldn't even hire an attorney to negotiate with Sirius and that ended up costing him two of his last five years on earth. It doesn't inspire much confidence in Art and Keith acting as their own legal department.

Did you see that list of demands they have for potential radio affiliates? I imagine any contract Heather has looking a lot like that.

Q Artbellanon

Quote from: damon on April 25, 2018, 06:22:25 PM
I hope the Heather knows that what she is doing is damaging MitD. I hope that she can do some damage control. If Art was her Teacher. I hope that you learn what to do and more important, What NOT TO DO. Her show is the flag ship show. Like it or not, The Network is on her now.  Its sink or swim time.

You're on the right track, Demon.
But there is more here than meets the eye.
Layers and layers.
Ask.
Observe.
Marinate.
Why did Kanye recently tweet a picture of his ass smeared in blue frosting?
Look at Art's last post. April 9th.
Every 5th letter.
What does it spell?
Think:
Kanye.
Art Bell.
Art Bellye.

You are close, Demon.

Trust the plan.
Conduit closing.

Q

albrecht

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on April 25, 2018, 06:31:39 PM
I'm just truly skeptical Heather has any kind of contract that would hold up in court. I can't help but remember that Art wouldn't even hire an attorney to negotiate with Sirius and that ended up costing him two of his last five years on earth. It doesn't inspire much confidence in Art and Keith acting as their own legal department.

Did you see that list of demands they have for potential radio affiliates? I imagine any contract Heather has looking a lot like that.
I always had a problem with Art's claims, or our speculation, about Sirius etc. Art was involved with several legal "incidents" both civil and criminal over the years, some of which at his instigation. And involved with several companies, real estate transactions, immigration transactions, company sales, etc. I still doubt that Art would not have an agent or lawyer or contract with Sirius and was "duped."

Lord Grantham

This thread is becoming increasingly absurd

damon

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 25, 2018, 06:24:36 PM
I have enjoyed listening to Art as a radio host. But has a man. He is far from perfect. I do hope that he finally gets some peace now. I also hope that his family and all of his kids also gets some peace too.

As for Heather, This is a major fork in the road for her. Does she really has the heart to do this show (Midnight in the Desert) or other type of show. She was a big fan of Art and took this job because of him. In some ways, She got screwed by him. Was it a very wise to move from Merced Ca to Pahrump NV, quit your old job to take the job to work with Art then replace him. Art had a history of quitting so this should not be NEWS to her. I would not have made the choices that she did. I hope that she learns from this and become wiser because of it. End of the day, I hope it does works out for her. She does needs to use a PR person or at least think before posting on facebook or on the internet.

ItsOver

My biggest fear is Catsmile is going to run out of hashtags.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on April 25, 2018, 06:37:47 PM

Amazon has them available as digital downloads on a subscription basis.

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2018, 06:39:32 PM
Amazon has them available as digital downloads on a subscription basis.
That's a relief.  Will they ship hard copies, too?

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 25, 2018, 04:00:59 PM
Somewhere along the way Heather said she was in charge of Art's music at his funeral... WTF was that all about hahaha
She was treating Art's funeral as some sort of radio special. Like the fuck that Art's immediate family was going to allow her to do that LOL
She went tits up into the deep end of delusion...

That she thought playing his bumper music at his funeral was appropriate was shocking to me.  It reinforced my perception that it's all about her, and in this case a radio show she liked, and she's really just a glorified groupie.

damon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVIt0DYKssI
Heather should remember this. The needs of the many out weighs the needs of the few. Heather you should to whats best for the show and the Network.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 25, 2018, 06:42:48 PM
That she thought playing his bumper music at his funeral was appropriate was shocking to me.  It reinforced my perception that it's all about her, and in this case a radio show she liked, and she's really just a glorified groupie.

She's the inmate running the asylum.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 25, 2018, 06:42:48 PM

did Art ask Heather for permission to die? me thinks, yes.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on April 25, 2018, 06:19:35 PM
What the fuck is this? I see no mention of Heather. Also, why is everyone using her middle name all of a sudden? Sorry, out of the loop. Trying to catch up.
not sure, but apparently serial killers are always referred to by their first, middle, and last names.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on April 25, 2018, 06:42:08 PM
That's relief.  Will they ship hard copies, too?

Maybe. But not sure how far off the expiration date is. Its always difficult ordering perishables like that online.

Sean92008

Quote from: anon on April 25, 2018, 06:09:10 PM
i think it's safe to say Heather will not return to MITD. i don't see how she'd be able to salvage this situation and move forward. she can't exactly fall back on her superior radio talent...

If speculation about Art ghosting Heather, basically telling her what to say in the show, is true... It would be safe to say she doesn't want to try riding the bike without her training wheels.

Apparently there is a record of her living in that adjoining prefab home going back to the beginning of the show.

Mastodonkey

I haven't been able to shit in 3 years. And all this drama isn't helping me any. I had a vivid dream last night that I'm sure revealed the truth to all this madness. It was like a death-dream of cosmic truth unraveling.

Now you may think; "This man is just dying of constipation and this is all bullshit". I'm here to say you might be correct. But there's a very good chance I'm right.

it turns out she's both pregnant with Art's child and she's one of his long lost children too. the child is his own grandpa. They were all birthed by Noory. He's an extraterrestrial hermaphrodite able to change forms like a shoggoth. He births all kinds of abominations we all know and loathe. It turns out most of the guests are his own offspring as well. It's a mass consciousness transferal plot from the planet Agolm. An infection spawned to mutilate boiling brains through the radio airwaves. An abyss is sprawling out in the outter wastes. Cyclopean vegetable beings are processing the information from the nether void.

Sean92008

Quote from: ItsOver on April 25, 2018, 06:37:47 PM

I read that as "hash bags."

ItsOver

Quote from: Mastodonkey on April 25, 2018, 06:50:13 PM
I haven't been able to shit in 3 years. And all this drama isn't helping me any. I had a vivid dream last night that I'm sure revealed the truth to all this madness. It was like a death-dream of cosmic truth unraveling.

Now you may think; "This man is just dying of constipation and this is all bullshit". I'm here to say you might be correct. But there's a very good chance I'm right.

it turns out she's both pregnant with Art's child and she's one of his long lost children too. the child is his own grandpa. They were all birthed by Noory. He's an extraterrestrial hermaphrodite able to change forms like a shoggoth. He births all kinds of abominations we all know and loathe. It turns out most of the guests are his own offspring as well. It's a mass consciousness transferal plot from the planet Agolm. An infection spawned to mutilate boiling brains through the radio airwaves. An abyss is sprawling out in the outter wastes. Cyclopean vegetable beings are processing the information from the nether void.
About time we had some sanity around this place.