• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Not working for me.  Can somebody summarize when it’s over? 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Grifynne on April 24, 2018, 11:07:32 PM
That being said, if it is offered to MV or Bateman, you guys should totally take it.  It would definitely work for one of you (and would probably push HW off the deep end).

Shit... like I need that thing driving to Missouri non-stop in an adult diaper.

El Chorro

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 25, 2018, 12:12:59 AM
Not working for me.  Can somebody summarize when it’s over?

Lol but they have five stars in the App Store! Yet no one can get in or hear.

Sean92008

Heather must have injured herself. She's in pain and cannot work.  Since she works from home, she should check workman's comp.

Quote from: Faustina on April 24, 2018, 11:57:22 PM
So Lasha reportedly spoke with HW on the phone tonight:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/comment_embed.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fheather.wade.566790%2Fposts%2F638322386507789%3Fcomment_id%3D639106323096062&include_parent=false" width="560" height="160" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

SnapT

Quote from: El Chorro on April 25, 2018, 12:14:40 AM

Chefist needs to learn from Falkie and just press the GO LIVE button on YouTube.  Then we'd all be able to hear him!

El Chorro

Quote from: El Chorro on April 25, 2018, 12:14:40 AM

Is the sad truth that we're a bunch of reply-to-sender boomers like Art?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 25, 2018, 12:12:36 AM
No one knows or even cares about audio anymore (pretty fundamental to radio, podcasts, etc.). No, to most they could just as well be talking through toilet paper rolls and that would be just fine to them. Screw the listener! ;D

I gave up.  I clicked on general and nothing happened. No sound.  Feel like an idiot so I'm just gonna bail.

trostol

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 25, 2018, 12:20:23 AM
I gave up.  I clicked on general and nothing happened. No sound.  Feel like an idiot so I'm just gonna bail.

there are 2 generals..

Quote from: trostol on April 25, 2018, 12:21:11 AM
there are 2 generals..

I know. lol  I clicked on both.  Still no sound and nothing is muted on my pc.  I'm on Googlechrome so not sure if that is the problem.  Thanks though, trostol.

trostol

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 25, 2018, 12:22:42 AM
I know.  I clicked on both.  Still no sound and nothing is muted on my pc.  I'm on Googlechrome so not sure if that is the problem.  Thanks though, trostol.

dunno..not being there lol i am using Chrome also

El Chorro

Quote from: zeebo on April 25, 2018, 12:22:08 AM
classic brilliant software design

I just deleted the app a second time. I'm not looking up my Apple password again!

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 25, 2018, 12:20:23 AM
That thing is even worse than blogtalk, which improved a slight bit. Gave up. 'Optimised' for some platform, I suspect. Not good for phone.

El Chorro

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/comment_embed.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fheather.wade.566790%2Fposts%2F638322386507789%3Fcomment_id%3D639106323096062&include_parent=false" width="560" height="160" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

Wow they're all turning on Bradley, the guy who tried to put out all the fires last night by copy/pasting in everyone's comment that they'd agreed to run another week of reruns. Even Bradley's had enough now!

Has Keith had a chance to get back to Falkie about hosting the show yet?

zeebo

Quote from: El Chorro on April 25, 2018, 12:23:33 AM
I just deleted the app a second time. I'm not looking up my Apple password again!

Sounds like a wise move.  I'm sure others will report back if any important info bubbles up.

HumanBeing

I wonder what the legalities are regarding bereavement leave from work. From a quick web search most employers allow 3 days.

Is Heather still getting paid if she takes off more time past the normal allotment for bereavement?
I'm not trying to invalidate her grief, or how it has affected her, but as far as I can see most employers would not allow an employee 2+ weeks off.

Maybe if she were to see a psychologist or some medical professional and received a note that she is not fit to return to work then all this time away would be kosher.

It is not like she was traumatized by being a witness to some Latin American narco gang cutting off Arts leg and beating him with his own leg while he was still conscious. Then making her watch them cut the rest of him up while manically laughing and grunting like a demon in ecstasy.
She experienced the death of a close confidant and friend who, according to preliminary reports, passed away peacefully in his sleep. Yeah it fucking sucks ass. But she is not the sole human being that ever had to experience the loss of someone close to them.

She has work responsibilities. She has to shit or get off the pot.

Can anyone confirm that Heather was not allowed into the funeral?  How do you know?  Who do you know?

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 25, 2018, 12:27:55 AM
I wonder what the legalities are regarding bereavement leave from work. From a quick web search most employers allow 3 days.

Is Heather still getting paid if she takes off more time past the normal allotment for bereavement?
I'm not trying to invalidate her grief, or how it has affected her, but as far as I can see most employers would not allow an employee 2+ weeks off.

Maybe if she were to see a psychologist or some medical professional and received a note that she is not fit to return to work then all this time away would be kosher.

It is not like she was traumatized by being a witness to some Latin American narco gang cutting off Arts leg and beating him with his own leg while he was still conscious. Then making her watch them cut the rest of him up while manically laughing and grunting like a demon in ecstasy.
She experienced the death of a close confidant and friend who, according to preliminary reports, passed away peacefully in his sleep. Yeah it fucking sucks ass. But she is not the sole human being that ever had to experience the loss of someone close to them.

She has work responsibilities. She has to shit or get off the pot.

3 days but only for immediate family.  Few get leave for friend's funerals.

Grifynne

Quote from: mv on April 25, 2018, 12:14:10 AM
Shit... like I need that thing driving to Missouri non-stop in an adult diaper.

You know that adult diaper would end up thrown at your front door. And it would still be worth it. :P

WOTR

Thanks.  I don't know that I have ever actually read facebook before.  What a bunch of plastic people. Every one is sending big hugs and healing energy while "not wanting to judge" and living in some alternate reality.  One is thinking that Heather needs complete control so as not to kowtow to Keith's demands and wonders why she does not do youtube live.  Could it be that Keith pays her from the money sent in by subscribers?  Could it be that she can not live off of the few dollars that youtube would pay her per month without her subscriber list?  Fucking brain dead people on that platform.

BTW- "Hi" Jay Rosen.  Stick around here awhile.  You may find that it is a better read that your facebook group. ::)

TigerLily

Art Bell and Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Does radio/webcast get any better than this? Listening makes me happy/sad

btw Keith. My vote for a week or two I would rather hear old Art Bell than some mediocre wannabe. We've already have that

Rockaria

I can't wrap my head around the loss, TL, even though Art's been off the air for ages.

Grifynne

Uh oh, we got Bellgabbers in the Heather Wade MITD Fans Facebook group. There goes the neighborhood.  ;D

TigerLily

Quote from: Rockaria on April 25, 2018, 01:06:41 AM
I can't wrap my head around the loss, TL, even though Art's been off the air for ages.

My sentiments exactly. Listening is kind of like re-opening a fresh wound. But so great to hear "new" Art Bell from recent years. Wait ... does this make me some sort of masochist?

TigerLily

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 25, 2018, 01:13:26 AM
neil whatever Tyson kills my boner.

I had to ponder this statement for awhile. But I came to the conclusion that your (lack of) reaction to Dr. Tyson is probably a good thing

Dr. MD MD

Yeah, I don't know what it is about that guy. He seems like a nice guy and his education and credentials are solid...but I just can't shake that douchbag feelz with him for some reason. I never felt that way about Sagan.

albrecht

[/quotes]
an aside did you see that article aboit some dude wbo LSD made him realize time was not (sorta) I posted. Some Italian psychatist or mathematcian? Was in the.leftist rag, but considered legit paper by many, The Guardian?