• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: chefist on April 20, 2018, 09:12:18 PM
:'( gee, thanks guys!

See, I have more faith in you than that. I just know your market. ;)

chefist

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 20, 2018, 09:09:42 PM
No offense, chefy bubby baby. I love you. You know that but your forte isn't doing the show it's doing a TMZ like show about the show. ;)

If Jim Carrey can make the transition, I can!

Catsmile

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 20, 2018, 09:02:30 PM
Unfortunately, she's in Nevada.  Not sure what the law is here.  She hasn't been on since last Thursday. 

Let's say she does quit.  Who will take over Mitd?  Keith? Falkie?  Bateman?  In the later case, it actually might be a good show and give C2C a run for its $$$$.  Maybe Noory will have to start worrying again.

Or does the program die with Art?

Telly

# EyeVote4
# ArtBellsGhost
# Or
# RoseGirlAndHerDryer
# ThePhantomZone4Socks

bateman

And if you don’t want to do the show anymore, you could always turn it over to the FoodMaxx Crone.

GravitySucks

Quote from: chefist on April 20, 2018, 09:13:23 PM

We’ll call you Chazit

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: chefist on April 20, 2018, 09:13:23 PM

Jim Carrey's a woman now? ???

chefist

Quote from: whoozit on April 20, 2018, 09:12:39 PM
I’d subscribe for a dollar!

What would we call the premium content? The Champagne Room?

ItsOver

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 20, 2018, 09:02:30 PM

...Or does the program die with Art?

Telly

"Damn it, Jim!  It's been dead for years.  I'm a doctor, not the messiah!"

chefist

Who will make the introductions and set up the meetings, bobo17? Anyone else?

ItsTelly

I'd start with KNYE first.  I bet they go for it.  Then you'll get that Canadian Indian Reservation to re-sign.

That's two right there.  Parhump Tonight has a nice ring to it.  Live from the Cathouse...

Telly

#HowHardCanItBe?

#GoForIt!

ItsTelly

Quote from: bateman on April 20, 2018, 09:14:03 PM
And if you don’t want to do the show anymore, you could always turn it over to the FoodMaxx Crone.

Or stalk yourself and then claim someone really creepy is after you...

#WhatWoudlArtDo?

Telly

grano salis

Quote from: El Chorro on April 20, 2018, 08:39:46 PM
There's a typo on Ramona's tombstone? (who's/whose)

Had to "unlurk" just to ask, LOL.

I thought the show last night was terrific, though I fell asleep through parts. I even paid $7 today to download the show as a Coast Insider for the next month. (It's not the same without the bumper music.)

As a casual fan of Art Bell and Coast to Coast for many years, I have to say this intrigue with Heather and her show is such a footnote. I thought of her show as an extension of Art's ham radio hobby. The C2C tribute trolled it expertly, especially the casual bomb-drop of the Area 51 invasion as some random idea of Art's. That really makes her look small.

One of the things that I find amazing as I become more aware of Art's history is that his national profile was so short-lived. I would have thought he was practically doing play-by-play on the Patterson-Gimlin film. To learn he became well-known in the early 90's and that by the early 2000s was already phasing out of radio is amazing to me. Having him die just as I was learning so much about him here was really startling, and having the news break (on Twitter) as Noory was beginning one of his shows was a pretty stunning bit of timing.

I like George Noory but I don't see him as a replacement to Art...I've been listening for less than a year on a most-every-night basis, and only then for the first half hour or so. It's annoying when the pharmacist/veterinarian shows come on, but I don't love a lot of the guests Noory has. I agree with what I've read (soaking up BellGab in large doses these past few months) that paranormal guests aren't what they used to be, and that's one of the reasons I assumed Art had ridden his wave a lot longer, and started a lot sooner. By the 90s it was already on its way out, I think.

Good analysis.  Old Dreamland and Coast is what you make it.  Many favor the more articulate guests like Father Malachi, John Lear, etc.  I'm not a big fan of Linda Moulton Howe or Whitney Strieber but Whitney was a great in memorium guest on Noory's show last night.  Dannion is a nice guy and first introduction to his near death experience is really interesting.  The way Art handled the guests and callers was in itself worthy of repeat listening.

chefist

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 20, 2018, 09:21:53 PM
I'd start with KNYE first.  I bet they go for it.  Then you'll get that Canadian Indian Reservation to re-sign.

That's two right there.  Parhump Tonight has a nice ring to it.  Live from the Cathouse...

Telly

#HowHardCanItBe?

#GoForIt!

First Sponsor...The Bunny Ranch? Hmmm

grano salis

Quote from: bateman on April 20, 2018, 09:10:59 PM
O Hoagie, is Art gonna sell us tomorrow?

Hi Bateman Good to see you.  Did you get your GED yet?--lol

Quote from: bateman on April 20, 2018, 09:14:03 PM

Cronegab?

chefist

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on April 20, 2018, 09:31:27 PM
Is she ever coming back?

No...the new show will be called, "Pahrump Tonight!"

Catsmile

Quote from: whoozit on April 20, 2018, 09:08:01 PM
You can hire Falkie to do videos.  Tell him he’ll only get paid if they are spoken in iambic pentameter.  That will keep costs down.

# 4ClassicallyTrainedActorFalkie
# NoSweat
# 2B Or Not 2B?
# Which is my Hoarders Hovel
# How far must I waddle
# Googly Eyes Bobble
# My Shirt do they toggle
# 2 which I say
# Out, Damned Spot! Out, I Say!

ItsOver

Is she ever coming back?
Will I stop hearing Jack from Banyon Hill on May 1st?

Asuka Langley

Is she ever coming back?

She fucking better i was looking forward to her getting shot by camo dudes at Area 51

DanTSX

Quote from: chefist on April 20, 2018, 08:27:36 PM
Bwahahaha...we have something like that in the Tucson area...Vampire LARP... ;D

http://burningnights.tripod.com/

Duke Kenyon

Sheriff Constantine

WE

WUZ

Tricky-D

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 20, 2018, 06:48:44 PM
Overall, good.  CinemaScore: A-.

I thought the grand finale was something of a misstep, painting a picture of Art & Ramona blissfully reunited in the hereafter . . . then hastily tacking on an acknowledgement of Airyn.  Raises famous questions about who ends up with whom in messy-relationship afterlife scenarios.

Knowing my peculiarly sensitive ear, these things probably bothered only me.
Airyn is 34 and now rich, she won’t stay single long. She will probably sell Art’s compound and possessions and move back to the Philippines to her and Art’s condo. Supposedly Art was worth $10 million, she will be able to live really really good on $10 million there.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Tricky-D on April 20, 2018, 09:37:53 PM
Airyn is 34 and now rich, she won’t stay single long. She will probably sell Art’s compound and possessions and move back to the Philippines to her and Art’s condo. Supposedly Art was worth $10 million, she will be able to live really really good on $10 million there.

That's not what Asia said famlam

QuoteNaturegirl107​He's my daddy... I miss him.
PROTOCOL 77​I'ts a bad year, Jim Marrs and now Art.. The end of an eras is starting.. lots of people are getting old in the truth and conspiracy family.
Naturegirl107​My mom, my brother and I will still live in Nevada
PROTOCOL 77​Linda, George Noory, Jordan Maxwell Christopher Sposa​Coast to Coast had an interesting show last week on the IRS and taxes
Naturegirl107​He's my daddy... I miss him.

El Chorro

Quote from: Tricky-D on April 20, 2018, 09:37:53 PM

Airyn Bell Strieber

Quote from: bateman on April 20, 2018, 09:08:18 PM
Nobody wants to touch that dumpster fire. The show already did die with Art.

Got any more of that Dark City?