• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 20, 2018, 05:15:48 PM
Ok, thanks.  I have not listened to the tribute show yet. 

So if there was a funeral, the autopsy is complete.  Autopsy reports are public domain documents, unless they are sealed for a compelling reason.  The poor coroner in Pahrump/Nye County is going to be swamped with requests for a copy of the report.
I think Nye Cty outsources autopsies to Clark Cty. It seemed strange, to me, that the autopsy could've been done so quickly (I would just imagine with the Las Vegas shooting and general level of crime that a relatively unsuspicious death of a longtime smoker with COPD would take awhile while criminal deaths and suicides would get top billing. Knapp mentioned that the tox screen is not in yet and takes more time (backlog I guess.) Here even things like rape kits are taking forever (huge scandal.)

Catsmile

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 20, 2018, 05:53:43 PM
I'll have to go back on listen. I did not catch it the first time so it must have been very brief.

re: the funeral.  Was it a Catholic one?  I imagine Airyn being Philippino is a Catholic and I remember Ramona was.  Perhaps, HW did a Wiccan service instead? Do we know if he will be buried in Parhump?  Or ashes scattered over Area 51.  Perhaps, Art will accompany HW in her Area 61 invasion in a small box or vase.

Anyway, I thought HW said she was in charge of the music at the funeral and would be playing all of Art's favorites.  Don't Fear the Reaper and Dancing Queen, etc. Good mix.

Telly

Art got married in the RPI, he had to convert/be a Catholic.
See the sheer shirt Art is wearing? Thatz a Catholic Flip wedding, in the PI.
Irene most likely would have shit brix over a Wiccan service for her husband.
SideNote: There is no divorce in the RPI.

Kolchak

Quote from: anon on April 20, 2018, 06:16:43 PM
is she alive?

She’s replied to a handful of comments today. Nothing like yesterday, though. The finality of having the service may have mellowed her out a bit.

whoozit

Quote from: Kolchak on April 20, 2018, 06:20:31 PM
She’s replied to a handful of comments today. Nothing like yesterday, though. The finality of having the service may have mellowed her out a bit.
Or the Thorazine kicked in.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Tricky-D on April 20, 2018, 06:05:58 PM
Ramona is buried in a cemetery in Pahrump. I sure hope Airyn buried Art next to Ramona.

I wonder if they will bury Heather next to Art next week

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 20, 2018, 06:22:03 PM
I wonder if they will bury Heather next to Art next week

and her career next to her -'we hardly knew thee'

awguy

Quote from: Chine on April 20, 2018, 05:18:27 PM
I decided to go back and listen to it again. Can’t believe it’s been 2 years. Reminded that the hosts did a great job handling that entire situation. While listening to Bateman describe the night of that phone call, I visualized him curling up in a big bed, his head peaking from a luxurious comforter, studying his Twitter newsfeed with a bourbon in another hand getting ready for a Mad Men binge. Then the ‘Hey, wanna host the show?’ I miss Bateman.

What's the date of that Gabcast?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: sydtron on April 20, 2018, 05:27:38 PM
Hey. Been meaning to ask you. What happened with your twitter account?  Did you piss in the wrong drink?

i called @jack's mom a cunt.

trostol

Quote from: yoursongs on April 19, 2018, 11:02:39 PM
Here is the house HW bought, with sale date as 3-15-18, cost $85,000  the link shows a picture

https://www.trulia.com/p/nv/pahrump/9021-desert-ln-pahrump-nv-89048--2076524945

as much as i want to live in the desert southwest..who would wanna live ..in the middle of nothing

Chine

Quote from: awguy on April 20, 2018, 06:32:51 PM
What's the date of that Gabcast?

Jan 18 2016 ...  here’s the link

Redacted (Heather) and Bateman

http://www.ufoship.com/?m=201601

ItsTelly

Quote from: trostol on April 20, 2018, 06:35:18 PM
as much as i want to live in the desert southwest..who would wanna live ..in the middle of nothing

Agreed but apparently Art liked it out there.  Big lights of LV just over the hill if you get bored.

Wow!  Ramona was young!  46 when she passed?  Anyone know what she died of?  And yep, she was a witch.  Art talked about the herbs she was growing in her garden.

Telly

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Chine on April 20, 2018, 06:37:14 PM
Jan 18 2016 ...  here’s the link

Redacted (Heather) and Bateman

http://www.ufoship.com/?m=201601
:-* you’re a god!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 20, 2018, 06:39:58 PM
Agreed but apparently Art liked it out there.  Big lights of LV just over the hill if you get bored.

Wow!  Ramona was young!  46 when she passed?  Anyone know what she died of?  And yep, she was a witch.  Art talked about the herbs she was growing in her garden.

Telly
asthma attack :(

Rix Gins

Ramona is buried in a cemetery in Pahrump. I sure hope Airyn buried Art next to Ramona.

Whitley said no one invloved with Coast to Coast was there except himself, Danion and Bob Crane because it was a very small very private service. What are the odds HW was excluded?

Hopefully some answers here.  The time span that Heather stopped posting to social media yesterday would have allowed for her to have gone to the funeral.  Didn't one of her earliest posts after Art died claim that she would be handling the funeral?  Ramona is buried in Grandview Cemetery in Pahrump.  My guess is that Art was buried next to her.  (Whitney stated that there was an interment, not an inurnment.)  Others have noted that Art was a Mason, therefore Mason ceremonies could have been performed, but only at the family's request.  About the only thing we know about the funeral is that Airyn gave a moving eulogy about Art.  Good for her.

George and company did a bang up job with the memorial show.  I listened to the full four hours and the last time I listened to a full Coast show was years ago when George interviewed some British guy who had written a book that identified the real Jack the Ripper.     

Rocketeer

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 20, 2018, 06:41:51 PM
George and company did a bang up job with the memorial show. 

Overall, good.  CinemaScore: A-.

I thought the grand finale was something of a misstep, painting a picture of Art & Ramona blissfully reunited in the hereafter . . . then hastily tacking on an acknowledgement of Airyn.  Raises famous questions about who ends up with whom in messy-relationship afterlife scenarios.

Knowing my peculiarly sensitive ear, these things probably bothered only me.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 20, 2018, 06:48:44 PM

I thought the grand finale was something of a misstep, painting a picture of Art & Ramona blissfully reunited in the hereafter . . . then hastily tacking on an acknowledgement of Airyn.  Raises famous questions about who ends up with whom in messy-relationship afterlife scenarios.

I don’t think Snoory even looked at the timeline. The way he dismissed Airyn as the “short time”. They have been married over 12 years. Art and Ramona were only married 15. Airyn outlasted Art’s first two wives and was closing in on the endurance record.

Rix Gins

Yes, I noticed that too, but there were several on the thread last night who found Art talking about Ramona somewhat moving and appropriate.  Myself, (as I stated last night) I would have ended with a collage of Art speaking some 'Artisims' like "Turn your radio down," describing Pizza Punch, etc.  Would have ended on a happy note, especially with the proper musical background.

Sean92008

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 20, 2018, 06:53:19 PM
I don’t think Snoory even looked at the timeline. The way he dismissed Airyn as the “short time”. They have been married over 12 years. Art and Ramona were only married 15. Airyn outlasted Art’s first two wives and was closing in on the endurance record.
Petite Filipina=Energizer Bunny

Morgus

Whitley said no one invloved with Coast to Coast was there except himself, Danion and Bob Crane because it was a very small very private service. What are the odds HW was excluded?
Perhaps one of the reasons for HW's meltdown online yesterday might have been she wasn't invited to the private service?
Whitley said it was only family and a few close longtime friends and neighbors.

Sounded like Dannion and Whitley were the only ones that weren't locals.
Neither mentioned anything about HW being there or her speaking.  If she was the planner of the services like she implied on facebook days ago, wouldn't she be the host there?  Seems more like the plans changed...

I have seen no postings by HW today on Facebook about Art's service yesterday at all.

MV/Liberace!

Raises famous questions about who ends up with whom in messy-relationship afterlife scenarios.

this is the reason my wife gives as to why she would choose not to remarry if i were to die.  a saint, that woman.

i countered by informing her i'd immediately begin pounding as much beav as possible in the event of her untimely death.

Chine

Quote from: Morgus on April 20, 2018, 06:59:35 PM
Perhaps one of the reasons for HW's meltdown online yesterday might have been she wasn't invited to the private service?
Whitley said it was only family and a few close longtime friends and neighbors.
Sounded like Dannion and Whitley were the only ones that weren't locals.
Neither mentioned anything about HW being there or her speaking.  If she was the planner of the services like she implied on facebook days ago, wouldn't she be the host there?  Seems more like the plans changed...

I fell asleep before it ended. Was there any mention during the Tribute of MITD continuing on with Heather?

Morgus

Quote from: Chine on April 20, 2018, 07:02:39 PM
I fell asleep before it ended. Was there any mention during the Tribute of MITD continuing on with Heather?
Nope.  Noory only mentioned in passing that after Art retired from c2cam he had some little internet shows.
The only two guests with recent details about Art were Dannion and Whitley, the other guests only had talked with Art many years ago.
The show last night had more time on the old clips than the guests or callers.

Quote from: mv on April 20, 2018, 07:02:05 PM
this is the reason my wife gives as to why she would choose not to remarry if i were to die.  a saint, that woman.

i countered by informing her i'd immediately begin pounding as much beav as possible in the event of her untimely death.

you da man, mv!

Chine

Quote from: mv on April 20, 2018, 07:02:05 PM

Imagining the hashtags Catsmile will construct for this post.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Morgus on April 20, 2018, 07:04:02 PM
Nope.  Noory only mentioned in passing that after Art retired from c2cam he had some little internet shows.
some little internet shows  ;D that had to chafe

Rocketeer

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 20, 2018, 06:55:54 PM
I would have ended with a collage of Art speaking some 'Artisims' like "Turn your radio down," describing Pizza Punch, etc.  Would have ended on a happy note, especially with the proper musical background.

Great idea.

Remember that (I want to say late 1990's) birthday episode where all the station people recorded well-wishes for him?  I got nostalgic for that during the tribute show.

Catsmile

Quote from: trostol on April 20, 2018, 06:35:18 PM

# Whore Houses Are Not Nothing, Sir.
# WhoreLivesMatter