• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

weeberwubber

Yeah she seems pretty beaten down. I hope she's not reading here. Sure we're like bitchy girlfriends. I think we're more like jilted girlfriends who never got a call after finally putting out. It's hard to read her Facebook page today. I regret some of the stuff I posted here. I wish Art didn't bash this place and that she didn't turn her back on it. Makes it hard to want to look at anything but the negative.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 19, 2018, 01:32:43 PM
Yeah she seems pretty beaten down. I hope she's not reading here. Sure we're like bitchy girlfriends. I think we're more like jilted girlfriends who never got a call after finally putting out. It's hard to read her Facebook page today. I regret some of the stuff I posted here. I wish Art didn't bash this place and that she didn't turn her back on it. Makes it hard to want to look at anything but the negative.

On the other hand, she could read here and realize she needs to stay offline for a bit and just let it all out- cry, scream, whatever.. but the fans dont need to witness all of that. It’s not doing her any good. I’m not sure how it helps Art’s legacy, either.

AZZERAE

On second thought, let's not feel too bad. Talk radio's a tough business, and you gotta be able to take the heat. Plus, she's just not a nice person...she's never been. She's hard. And a faker and a liar.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 19, 2018, 01:35:38 PM
On the other hand, she could read here and realize she needs to stay offline for a bit and just let it all out- cry, scream, whatever.. but the fans dont need to witness all of that. It’s not doing her any good. I’m not sure how it helps Art’s legacy, either.

Honestly, I wish Art had done this years back, around the time of the #StalkerIncident  Just get off of the boards for a while and work it out.

weeberwubber

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 19, 2018, 01:35:38 PM

When she posted on Facebook today and it seems the economic realities are hitting her full force right now it tugged on my sympathy strings. I think she's flailing at the moment.

AZZERAE

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 19, 2018, 01:42:44 PM
When she posted on Facebook today and it seems the economic realities are hitting her full force right now it tugged on my sympathy strings. I think she's flailing at the moment.

Hmm. Time to look for a real job. What a tragedy.

GravitySucks

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 19, 2018, 01:42:44 PM

There was another one about producer Michelle needing a raise and not having the money. And, as you probably saw, the “whoa is me” one about there is no love, not being able to do a happy show, etc.  Definitely hard to watch, and yet we do.

The bubble headed bleach blond will be on at 5...

ponyboysunset

I've typed out three responses but realizing people must draw their own conclusions I will say this. Keep your personal shit off of Facebook.

Kolchak

I regret some of the stuff I posted here. it. Makes it hard to want to look at anything but the negative.

If Heather had kept engaging here, I think she'd have a good deal of Bellgabber support, or at least more sympathy. But she didn't.

Juan

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 19, 2018, 01:49:37 PM
I've typed out three responses but realizing people must draw their own conclusions I will say this. Keep your personal shit off of Facebook.
Facebook, and even more so Twitter, are not your friends.

Grifynne

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 01:28:02 PM
Ah, you're right. I kinda feel a bit bad. I just wish "Heather" would be herself. She sounds like she's trying to be Art Bell, like MV said!

This is one of the reasons why I could not bring myself to continue listening to MITD early on. I can't even listen for 5 minutes straight before cringing and turning it off. It sounds like Heather is putting on a voice and mimicking Art's mannerisms. I liked the Redacted of the old BellGab days, but Heather seems different and like she's trying way too hard to be Art in every way. You can't pretend to be another person and sound natural night after night.

I wonder if she would have done better if she had started a show from scratch, making it her own with her own voice/opinions, etc. Hell, she might even have a better personal experience with it because she wouldn't have had to take all the flak like she did when this started with Art. She already had an audience here at BellGab, but instead, she clung on to Art in an unhealthy way. And listening to old BellGabs, there were a lot of other people on the show who were much stronger, better hosts/participants than Heather - people I would have chosen over her in a heartbeat if I was Art. Really makes me wonder what Art saw in her. Even after doing this for a while, she still sounds really bad. I guess Art thought otherwise and he was the seasoned professional, but as a listener, I still don't get it. I'm not trying to be mean, just giving my honest opinion. I think at least part of the problem stems from trying to be someone she isn't.

I am in some MITD/Art Bell groups on Facebook, and I have such a hard time understanding the people who seem to mindlessly adore Heather. They talk about her like she is the most amazing thing they have ever heard. I don't get what she did to deserve such admiration other than being hand-chosen by Art. It's like these people can't possibly be listening to the same MITD as the rest of us.

Epaphroditus

I cannot believe people are actually getting sucked into the drama queen...

The drama queen claimed to have purchased a home in Pahrump in the last month while also planning a group gathering outside AREA 51 to be followed by an invasion but now claims she and the show are failing ???

Run Forrest Run !!!

bellNwhistle

Art (and Heather) were always teasing that he would come on to do a host bit now and then. Did that ever happen? It seems to me that this was his/their way of keeping his loyal fan base on board with the new host- to tease them.  Tease, and then say he couldn't, because it would mean putting himself and his family in jeopardy, because the stalker would shoot him.  The longer they went on telling people Art *might* guest host, the longer they could keep subscribers. Kind of a shitty thing to do to Heather, and to the fans.

Okay, lets say there was an actual stalker. Unless the dude was a neighbor or living in a tent in the nearby plot of land, how the hell would this guy know when and where Art would be? And I do believe Art could have gotten around the whole part of getting to the studio.  He had his days to figure that part out.  He could have moved equipment elsewhere.

Yeah.. Heather was trying too hard to be like Art. Maybe she thought that would impress him, or keep his support of the  show, or who knows what.  Doing that was bound to turn some people off, because nobody else can do Art but Art.   

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Grifynne on April 19, 2018, 02:06:55 PM
This is one of the reasons why I could not bring myself to continue listening to MITD early on. I can't even listen for 5 minutes straight before cringing and turning it off. It sounds like Heather is putting on a voice and mimicking Art's mannerisms. I liked the Redacted of the old BellGab days, but Heather seems different and like she's trying way too hard to be Art in every way. You can't pretend to be another person and sound natural night after night.

I wonder if she would have done better if she had started a show from scratch, making it her own with her own voice/opinions, etc. Hell, she might even have a better personal experience with it because she wouldn't have had to take all the flak like she did when this started with Art. She already had an audience here at BellGab, but instead, she clung on to Art in an unhealthy way. And listening to old BellGabs, there were a lot of other people on the show who were much stronger, better hosts/participants than Heather - people I would have chosen over her in a heartbeat if I was Art. Really makes me wonder what Art saw in her. Even after doing this for a while, she still sounds really bad. I guess Art thought otherwise and he was the seasoned professional, but as a listener, I still don't get it. I'm not trying to be mean, just giving my honest opinion. I think at least part of the problem stems from trying to be someone she isn't.

I am in some MITD/Art Bell groups on Facebook, and I have such a hard time understanding the people who seem to mindlessly adore Heather. They talk about her like she is the most amazing thing they have ever heard. I don't get what she did to deserve such admiration other than being hand-chosen by Art. It's like these people can't possibly be listening to the same MITD as the rest of us.

Without art bell no one would know who heather was, except for this website.

Gd5150

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 19, 2018, 01:25:24 PM
Sure there are a few on here who are true assholes but most us have a heart.

Homos

That's hilarious that Rowland tortured her about the flagging subscriptions on a nightly basis. Keith's gonna Keith.

Quote from: Epaphroditus on April 19, 2018, 02:11:00 PM
I cannot believe people are actually getting sucked into the drama queen...

The drama queen claimed to have purchased a home in Pahrump in the last month while also planning a group gathering outside AREA 51 to be followed by an invasion but now claims she and the show are failing ???

Run Forrest Run !!!

Leave the criticism for some other time.  If you had been reading her facebook, she is obviously having a hard time  and really needs counseling.  She almost sounds suicidal.  Have a heart!  Okay, bub?

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 12:41:29 PM
Is it just me, or does this whole Heather living in such close proximity to Art's place seem pushy?
Seems totaly screwed, what was Art thinking,,evidently not about his wife and children.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 19, 2018, 02:18:23 PM

That's hilarious that Rowland tortured her about the flagging subscriptions on a nightly basis. Keith's gonna Keith.

Sounds like a dick. I get that maybe he thought it might motivate her to do better, (or something), but not all of us work that way.. clearly.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 19, 2018, 02:19:09 PM

Leave the criticism for some other time.  If you had been reading her facebook, she is obviously having a hard time  and really needs counseling.  She almost sounds suicidal.  Have a heart!  Okay, bub?
well her sugar daddy is gone,, gave her his show, his studio/guest house  go figure and now she thinks she owns all his stuff

chefist

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 19, 2018, 02:18:23 PM

We discussed this last night...I think some were in denial about this situation. If the numbers posted by WR250 were accurate, it does not look good. Even if those may be a "snapshot", they still couldn't demand much if any significant ad revenue...just not enough ears on the show.

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 01:44:13 PM
Hmm. Time to look for a real job. What a tragedy.

She could always move in with Noory. Keepin' the dream alive

GravitySucks

Quote from: username on April 19, 2018, 02:14:27 PM

Without Art Bell no one would know who Michael Vandeven is. Except that guy that hosts drunken karaoke in his basement. And maybe his terrorist wife.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 19, 2018, 02:22:50 PM
She could always move in with Noory. Keepin' the dream alive
George does not need her, he has Tom the bomb

Asuka Langley

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 02:23:03 PM
Without Art Bell no one would know who Michael Vandeven is. Except that guy that hosts drunken karaoke in his basement. And maybe his terrorist wife.

ALLAHU AKBAR!

Grifynne

Quote from: username on April 19, 2018, 02:14:27 PM

Right, but if she felt that she had the talent to do this, she could have built herself up and created her own legacy rather than riding on the coattails of Art Bell. Or took the existing show in her own direction (as Art stated he told her to do early on, if I recall correctly). Or, if she and Art really were that close, maybe he could have helped her advertise by telling his followers about what she was doing and how he supported it. He could have put links to her show on his Facebook page or wherever his fans would see it. He could have let her interview him to drum up listeners for her project. All of these things would have helped her without corralling her into being Art - assuming she had the talent to succeed. If she did have talent, pretending to be Art seems to have completely squelched it. It seems like the path she and Art chose was the worst path possible, at least where the show is concerned.

Kolchak

As a skeptic, I do find it kind of entertaining that she's replying to everyone who tells her to pray with "there is no god," and is publicly rebuffing belief in the afterlife. I assume that's the grief talking, but still.

ShayP

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 19, 2018, 02:19:09 PM

Leave the criticism for some other time.  If you had been reading her facebook, she is obviously having a hard time  and really needs counseling.  She almost sounds suicidal. 

She could always not post on Facebook.  Doing so now is not helping her.  It doesn't seem like she has any support.  Just people barking at her and telling her what she should do.