• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

WOTR

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 17, 2018, 10:06:11 PM
Guitar sales have talked.  China makes really good instruments (for the price) .  Gibson and Fender are in financial matters (Gibson, especially)...  Kids are growing up stupid.  It used to be that, after I tragedy, there would be tons of tribute songs written... Nowadays, no one writes songs they just whine on social media... Kind of like here 😁
I'll add one more reason.  I own a Buescher "Big B" and a couple of Martin "pro" models (love the searchlight) as well as an old Conn 10M.  To tie this to Art Bell- the Imperial searchlight was also known as the "alien invasion" due to the engraving. 

I believe that I probably paid less for all of these pro level horns than I would for one modern pro model.  There are a lot of industries where old examples of great craftsmanship go "cheap."  There simply is no way for a producer to match the quality and craftsmanship at a reasonable price.  Not just music instruments, but many other items as well...

***Mine is silver (tarnished right now).  But this is the standard lacquer. Never really tied it into Bell until now.  :)

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2018, 10:24:07 PM
#Crossroads
That. And also the mistuning conspiracy. I forget if it was Venetians or proto-NAZIs or the Vatican- or all!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on April 17, 2018, 10:30:34 PM
That. And also the mistuning conspiracy. I forget if it was Venetians or proto-NAZIs or the Vatican- or all!

OK, you got me. I tune to 440...but so does everyone else. I didn't start that. :)

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2018, 10:16:45 PM
Heather picked everyone of those stories herself and Art loved them all. She said so on Facebook.

Impressive.  /s

Quote from: WOTR on April 17, 2018, 10:30:04 PM
I'll add one more reason.  I own a Buescher "Big B" and a couple of Martin "pro" models (love the searchlight) as well as an old Conn 10M.  To tie this to Art Bell- the Imperial searchlight was also known as the "alien invasion" due to the engraving. 

I believe that I probably paid less for all of these pro level horns than I would for one modern pro model.  There are a lot of industries where old examples of great craftsmanship go "cheap."  There simply is no way for a producer to match the quality and craftsmanship at a reasonable price.  Not just music instruments, but many other items as well...

***Mine is silver (tarnished right now).  But this is the standard lacquer. Never really tied it into Bell until now.  :)

Elkhart Indiana
myself, I own a conn coronet circa late 40’s, a family pass down
played in HS and College

paladin1991

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 17, 2018, 09:42:02 PM
I forgot about the La Jolla Tower...  That mall was close to my house.

No, after working as an AM radio engineer, I toured regionally, made recordings and ended up working for three manufacturers of fine musical gear.  I did A&R, sales, marketing...

sounds like you're somebody important, bro.  What are you doing here?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 17, 2018, 11:04:41 PM

Taking shit form peeons like you?

paladin1991

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 17, 2018, 09:54:56 PM
Not going that far...  Could be doxxed, got kids, don't need the possible hassle...

The musical instrument industry is in deep shit now.

Yeah, no shit.  Just the zip is enough to scratch out a bit of weak intel.  But the Tower records comment was just a joke.

I'm cautious about doxing since I got 'doxed' a while back.  Got a fam myself and they would shit and go blind if I offed some psyco Ballgagger stalker on the front lawn or out by the creek at the back end of the property. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 17, 2018, 11:09:30 PM
Yeah, no shit.  Just the zip is enough to scratch out a bit of weak intel.  But the Tower records comment was just a joke.

I'm cautious about doxing since I got 'doxed' a while back.  Got a fam myself and they would shit and go blind if I offed some psyco Ballgagger stalker on the front lawn or out by the creek at the back end of the property.

<writes down> creek - back end of property. ;)

Sean92008

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 17, 2018, 11:04:41 PM

We are all cogs in some asshole's machine.

I had fun though.

Sean92008

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 17, 2018, 11:09:30 PM

I worry similarly.

Oh, I've had a couple of incidents.  Some girl who swore I was John Lennon's son...  Uh, that was sad...  Then there was a guy in my backyard looking in a window.  With an infant and toddler in the house, I flipped.

The DA said that his record was my saving grace.  I literally tried to rip his heart out...  I busted him up good, I never could play any instruments like before.  I tore myself up bad. Adrenaline and paternal instinct kicked in.

Now, I have weapons.

Sean92008

Quote from: Happier Times are Coming on April 17, 2018, 10:40:17 PM
Elkhart Indiana
myself, I own a conn coronet circa late 40’s, a family pass down
played in HS and College
A band kid?!?!?!?!!!!!

Marching Band seems really hard to me; respect.

Catsmile

Quote from: albrecht on April 17, 2018, 10:23:33 PM
Yeah. artificial tunings due to Satan, imported illegal wood, playing NWO songs with African tribal rythyms to corrupt the youth, great job.  :)

#People Have Been Saying Stuff Like This Since Before Flappers Were Showing Their Knees. I'll never fully grasp why music is imbued with such mystique. Marketing sells.

#It's Like My 1000 Year Old Grandmother Nevar Died.
#Hell In A Handbasket I Tellz Ya!
#Nevar Trust Anyone Ovar 30
#Still Muddling Along Somehow
#The Moar Things Change The More They Stay The Same

#Sluts and Their Exposed Knees Still Burning In Hell

Sean92008

Auto correct problem...  Guitar sales have TANKED.

If it weren't for high school and college band programs, I'd bet that band instruments would go even further south.

Music programs are the red-headed step child of too many school districts... 

Catsmile

#WORT Toots His Own Horn
#Sexy Sax
#No Homo!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 17, 2018, 11:35:27 PM
Auto correct problem...  Guitar sales have TANKED.

If it weren't for high school and college band programs, I'd bet that band instruments would go even further south.

Music programs are the red-headed step child of too many school districts...

Does that mean they are over represented like the redheads on tv?

Sean92008

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 17, 2018, 10:09:44 PM
I recently picked up an Emperor Regent but one that was made in Korea. ;)

The wood doesn't care (or know) where it was cut...  I have come to really like Korean instruments.  When I was still recording and playing local shows, I had 5 Korean instruments in my regular rotation.  Most had upgraded electronics.... Because I could hear the difference.

Sean92008

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2018, 11:37:33 PM
Does that mean they are over represented like the redheads on tv?

Ahh, Scully...

Redheads are over represented because they're mostly hot... Maybe?

Kolchak

Jazz is telling his ghost story to Art right now. That was exciting to listen to live.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 17, 2018, 11:42:07 PM
The wood doesn't care (or know) where it was cut...  I have come to really like Korean instruments.  When I was still recording and playing local shows, I had 5 Korean instruments in my regular rotation.  Most had upgraded electronics.... Because I could hear the difference.

When it comes to this model the korean peerless factory ones are the ones that are sought after though I've heard that the Chinese ones aren't too bad either. Yes! The only thing I want to change on this is the pickup. The standard is a bit too noisy for my tastes. I'd like to get one of those old school DeArmond pickups that many of my favorite jazzcats used.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 17, 2018, 11:45:30 PM
Ahh, Scully...

Redheads are over represented because they're mostly hot... Maybe?

+1  :)

paladin1991

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 17, 2018, 11:26:19 PM
I worry similarly.

Oh, I've had a couple of incidents.  Some girl who swore I was John Lennon's son...  Uh, that was sad...  Then there was a guy in my backyard looking in a window.  With an infant and toddler in the house, I flipped.

The DA said that his record was my saving grace.  I literally tried to rip his heart out...  I busted him up good, I never could play any instruments like before.  I tore myself up bad. Adrenaline and paternal instinct kicked in.

Now, I have weapons.

In the Peoples Republic of California?  I can see into the future, a future where  you lose all your weapons overboard on a fishing trip

chefist

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 17, 2018, 08:10:44 PM
Be careful with the jokes, man! Saturday night I was making butter & garlic angel hair pasta for dinner and was asking the wife if she wanted me to make a whole box of pasta or half. She couldn't decide. I said "I'll make half. I can always make more. Anyway, you can be sure you'll have more pasta than Art Bell tonight." and instantly the lights flickered and dimmed and it was a brown-out. It took out the kitchen outlets and the electric stove, about 1500 homes and a cell tower. Stood there in near darkness saying "Sorry Art. Sorry Art. Sorry Art."

She ate your portion...admit it.

chefist

Quote from: Catsmile on April 17, 2018, 11:31:23 PM
#People Have Been Saying Stuff Like This Since Before Flappers Were Showing Their Knees. I'll never fully grasp why music is imbued with such mystique. Marketing sells.

#It's Like My 1000 Year Old Grandmother Nevar Died.
#Hell In A Handbasket I Tellz Ya!
#Nevar Trust Anyone Ovar 30
#Still Muddling Along Somehow
#The Moar Things Change The More They Stay The Same

#Sluts and Their Exposed Knees Still Burning In Hell

30's Twerkin...

chefist

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 17, 2018, 07:44:33 PM
I just joined Bellgab in 2018 (as part of my New Years resolution) so I'm having trouble keeping track of this thread.

Could someone please help me understand the following:

1) Who is Lasha Seniuh and Suzy Freilinger?  Why do they care so much about Art (anger/pissed/frustrated)?

2) Who is Rosegirl? Redacted?

3) How many station is Mitd syndicated on right now?  How many when Art did it?

4) Who is a lesbian?  Was someone outed against there will (or it was an obvious/open secret e.g. drives a Subaru)?

5) Does Heather live in one of Art's many housing unit in the compound or in the house next door?

6) What is the relationship between Mitd and Rush Limbaugh? (I am missing something) - Did Keith work for Rush?

That's all for now.  I'm sure I'll have more.  I feel like I've arrived very late to a movie and am always trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

Telly

Who loves ya baby? I freakin do! 

bellNwhistle

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 17, 2018, 06:47:28 PM
Honestly, if this was real that would be awesome. It would be nice to put differences aside.

It would be impossible to happen but it’d be great.

I think most of us are getting along. It's just that "Dr No Doctor" thinks it's fun to stir up shit for no reason.. other than to make himself happy. If you can ignore him, everything else is peaches.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 18, 2018, 04:31:15 AM
I think most of us are getting along. It's just that "Dr No Doctor" thinks it's fun to stir up shit for no reason.. other than to make himself happy. If you can ignore him, everything else is peaches.

I understand that you're a fascist bastard tribalist and so not a fan. Yet somehow you consistently seem to think that you represent mainstream opinion here. I highly doubt that.  ;D

Also, what I do is not for no reason. It's to counter the constant stream of bullshit from lazy people like you. ;)

P.S. there is an ignore feature here but it doesn't stop me from commenting on your posts.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Catsmile on April 17, 2018, 09:29:11 PM
#The show is Called...
#BELLGABâ,,¢

how the hell did you get the little TM in there?  :o

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 18, 2018, 04:41:27 AM
I understand that you're a fascist bastard tribalist and so not a fan. Yet somehow you consistently seem to think that you represent mainstream opinion here. I highly doubt that.  ;D

Also, what I do is not for no reason. It's to counter the constant stream of bullshit from lazy people like you. ;)

P.S. there is an ignore feature here but it doesn't stop me from commenting on your posts.

No idea what brand of crack you take with your morning, afternoon, and evening Wheaties.. but I'm just gonna hang back and enjoy you and Paladin do your tit for tat. He's winning, btw. ;D