• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 26, 2018, 08:18:24 PM
Didn't once on air put the wrong end onto his lips?

At that smoking rate Art should have bought a Compound near an Indian Reservation, not BLM land. "Geez," as Norry might say? How could his Mic not become filled with tar?
Yep.  Fortunately, it wasn't at the same time he super glued his lips together.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert on April 26, 2018, 08:21:02 PM
The story was that the shooter wanted only to keep him off his show, not from doing anything else.

Because stalkers with rifles usually tip off their victims what they want from them...

albrecht

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 26, 2018, 08:21:24 PM
Friend of mine is a credentialed archaeologist, and diligent, but finally gave up on trying to amend broken and erroneous Wikipedia articles.  Her fiercest opponents were so-called "Afro-centrists" in the Tutankhamun pages (years ago).  Shame they failed to realize Egypt is . . . in Africa.  A little digging and it (of course) wasn't really about geography for them.

Maddening.
They wuz wuzzint kangs.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/first-genome-ancient-egyptians-1.4138156

Theadora

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 26, 2018, 08:20:28 PM
If the purpose is to educate Art Bell, I have news for you....

My grandfather was a miner from aged 14 to 63 when he was invalided out of the pit with emphysema and pneumoconiosis , He smoked filter free cigs in all the time I knew him, about 40 a day. The coal dust probably went towards his very unpleasant death at 67.

President Trump, says that Coal Mining is what will: "Make America Great Again!"  Now I understand why Art voted for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U2fyB_8vhA

Tricky-D

Quote from: Theadora on April 26, 2018, 08:10:03 PM
Twenty cigs per pack, that's eighty per day. 

If he slept eight hours, that's five per hour, or to say, that Art smoked one cigarette every twelve minutes. 

How long does it take to smoke a cigarette?
About 5 minutes to smoke a cigarette. I’ve been around chain smokers, when they finish one they light up another right away. Sometimes they use the almost finished cigarette to light the new one. When he was on the air for 5 hours a night he probably burned through 2 packs right there.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 26, 2018, 08:23:25 PM
Yep.  Fortunately, it wasn't at the same time he super glued his lips together.
Especially as super-glue is highly inflammable!

ItsOver

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 26, 2018, 08:23:57 PM
Because stalkers with rifles usually tip off their victims what they want from them...
He was a courteous stalker.

Catsmile

Quote from: LadyFish on April 26, 2018, 04:42:15 PM
They had 7 people there & then a detective. Did they ever call medical personnel? What were they going to do with Art's body until Monday...leave it in the house?

# @ Least it's a DRY Heat...

Theadora

Quote from: Tricky-D on April 26, 2018, 08:25:02 PM
About 5 minutes to smoke a cigarette. I’ve been around chain smokers, when they finish one they light up another right away. Sometimes they use the almost finished cigarette to light the new one. When he was on the air for 5 hours a night he probably burned through 2 packs right there.

It would be difficult to actually smoke an entire cigarette, while talking on the show.  Probably, they would mostly just burn in the ashtray.

Robert

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 26, 2018, 07:25:45 PMLazar used to have entire pyrotechnic conventions out there.  Man, what happened to those.

I never thought of them as Lazar's per se.  He may have attended.

I don't know if they're still a regular thing.  At least one yr/ the club putting them on won the bid of the Pyrotechnics Guild International, Inc. to make it their convention.

Firework conventions are great.  Amateurs can make stuff you just don't see from the pros -- too much work to make on a volume basis.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 26, 2018, 08:21:24 PM
Friend of mine is a credentialed archaeologist, and diligent, but finally gave up on trying to amend broken and erroneous Wikipedia articles.  Her fiercest opponents were so-called "Afro-centrists" in the Tutankhamun pages (years ago).  Shame they failed to realize Egypt is . . . in Africa.  A little digging and it (of course) wasn't really about geography for them.

Maddening.

Please don’t tell Hoagland he can edit the Art Bell page.

DanTSX

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 26, 2018, 04:58:33 PM
Anon and Sean92008 made it through.  Sean went hard, hit way too close to home and Karen hung up on him.  She gave a weak (and outright bizarre) excuse about Art's immediate family being "hard to reach."

That is because he keeps abandoning them

Catsmile

Quote from: Juan on April 26, 2018, 04:44:57 PM
Karen is family, Heather is family. If Airyn, Asia and Alex were there, who were the other two to make the seven?

# Gimps In The Box?
# Stalkers?

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 26, 2018, 08:22:40 PM
I wonder if Art exposed his family to secondhand smoke or if he had a cuckshed to smoke in. Or maybe he had really high end filtration system put in his trailer.

did Art use a cigar on poor Heather? i mean, the full Bill Clinton treatment.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Theadora on April 26, 2018, 08:24:56 PM

President Trump, says that Coal Mining is what will: "Make America Great Again!"  Now I understand why Art voted for him.

Because he didn't want to become just a province of communist China?

Rocketeer

Quote from: Robert on April 26, 2018, 08:29:14 PM

I don't know if they're still a regular thing.  At least one yr/ the club putting them on won the bid of the Pyrotechnics Guild International, Inc. to make it their convention.

Firework conventions are great.  Amateurs can make stuff you just don't see from the pros -- too much work to make on a volume basis.

Lazar absolutely founded the one in the 90's called Desert Blast.  I didn't know there were others -- makes sense though and I'm encouraged to hear it!

ge30542

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 26, 2018, 07:35:17 PM
Serious question:  do the effects of COPD come and go?  Because he seemed fine on MITD, fine on the one show he came back and did, and fine during the interview he did with MV.

It's hard for me to believe that person was suffering from a severe respiratory disease
PB, I'm 59, 4 years ago I was diagnosed "mild/beginning"  COPD. I have been curious to know the "percentage  of decrease in lung function" on Art. I was told that I have  20% decrease. After nearly 40 years of smoking, I did quit when diagnosed. But lung function will forever be down 20%. At 80%lung function, I frequently suffer. Can't imagine 50, or 70% decrease in lung function. That's why I've always wondered what was Art's number.
Don't smoke kids, it's actually not cool.

DanTSX

Quote from: Grifynne on April 26, 2018, 05:20:24 PM
Dammit, as soon as I walk away, 2 or 3 more Bellgabbers call in and I miss it. Does anoyne know if there's an archive of this somewhere? Did anyone manage to record it in a share-able format?  :D
I check my phone and see that Chefist called KNYE then try to go to Bellgab and get a 503 Service Unavailable error.  :P

Now I'm just heraing Skynyrd and commercials. Well, anyway, that was interesting.  ;D

Let’s send them some pizzas

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on April 26, 2018, 07:59:08 PM
There is a little known codicil in the Faber College Bellgab TOS.

Lol 😁 I was thinking about this the other day...Kieth has HW on double secret probation now.

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 26, 2018, 08:35:16 PM
The truth burns.

you mean telling your fam you need to pick up a pack of smokes and 20 years goes by?

Rocketeer

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 26, 2018, 08:29:16 PM
Please don’t tell Hoagland he can edit the Art Bell page.

Oh no.  I just had a terrible thought . . . what if he learned how to edit the Mars pages?

Asuka Langley

Quote from: anon on April 26, 2018, 08:33:44 PM
did Art use a cigar on poor Heather? i mean, the full Bill Clinton treatment.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 26, 2018, 08:34:40 PM
Lazar absolutely founded the one in the 90's called Desert Blast.  I didn't know there were others -- makes sense though and I'm encouraged to hear it!

I didn’t know that. Now I know he is a federal agent.

Mels-hole1984

What is BLM land mean and where is the suicide note theory coming from?

Robert

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 26, 2018, 08:34:40 PMLazar absolutely founded the one in the 90's called Desert Blast.  I didn't know there were others -- makes sense though and I'm encouraged to hear it!
I thought Operation Desert Blast was a club effort.  I know they held it a few times, at least once as PGII's host.  Wikipedia does have Lazar as co-host starting in the late 1980s, & has them as annual.

There are several clubs around the country that hold shoots; not as many in other countries.  In addition there are ad hoc shoots independently sponsored.

DanTSX

Quote from: Robert on April 26, 2018, 08:29:14 PM

No.  Those were in fact organized by Bob Lazar and Gene Huff, along with other like minded locals.  Huff has/had some nice NFA gear like full auto kalshnakovs

They were like Art and Keith.

They even had a short lived radio show on one of the Vegas stations.  I have a few hours of their on air banter somewhere.  I can’t remember where I got it.  Maybe from Glenn Campbell?

Element 115

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on April 26, 2018, 08:42:45 PM
What is BLM land mean and where is the suicide note theory coming from?

Bureau of Land Management and no idea on the suicide note theory.