• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell cancels show for good

Started by Auslandia, December 11, 2015, 04:36:47 PM

Lil Godzilla

Deep Talk Radio has good coverage going right now

iBelieve

Quote from: Virginia Gentleman on December 11, 2015, 09:30:43 PM
That's why I'm skeptical as well.  Art is BY FAR the most famous person in Pahrump.  An unidentified stalker firing shots at him in the middle of the night would be major news there.  It's not a secret, as he's reported on it over the air several times.  If anybody else out there believed it was happening, there would be a lot of news reports about it, and likely some mobilization of citizens/law enforcement to catch and stop the perpetrator.

THIS.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 11, 2015, 09:33:14 PM
So Art posted about open lines tonight and then less than a hour later announced he quit?  ::)  :o

I think he had a fight with his wife, acted rashly, quit out of frustration and now here we are.

Art also went from zero to five nights a week which had to intensely stressful on the family. This seems like the exact time a breakdown would happen.
Agree. He needed a back up to be able to take time off.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Juicy80 on December 11, 2015, 09:45:17 PM
Showmanship James McDonald

So he is putting on a show so that he can stop putting on a show?

WanagoBleu

So angry that a dickwad is shooting at Art (again). So sad that this is how our world is.

Be Safe first, Art & family. Lock and load. And please, get some damn good dogs. Hugs. Hope you come back.

Lil Godzilla

I don't want to be sing Thanks for the Memories

Quote from: Lil Godzilla on December 11, 2015, 09:50:32 PM

Yeah they're doing a great job. I'm surprised how many people have turned out in there so far.

flimflam384

Man, this really wrecks my day/week/month.  Damn it damn it damn it!

Well, I hope whoever is responsible for driving Art off the air gets caught and locked up for a very long time.  :(

akwilly

Quote from: (Not) George Noory on December 11, 2015, 09:49:03 PM
How old is she? Sounded like she is in her 20s. She'll be bringing lots of life experience to the show.
I don't know anything about her other than she used to post on here. I enjoy bellgab more than I ever enjoyed Arts shows so I wish anyone associated with this site good luck and hope this is an opportunity for her or whomever to get their "big break"

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Virginia Gentleman on December 11, 2015, 09:48:23 PM
I have no idea whether he is "outright lying."  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if (on some level) he believes these things are happening, even in the (likely, IMO) event that they are not.  But the kinds of details in that post are exactly the kind of things someone would include if they were trying to get people to believe their story.  The inclusion of details does not, in and of itself, prove anything factually.

No, and I'm not inferring that it proves or disproves anything, just that the story as he relates it sounds quite plausible to me, and it involves not just his own witness but also multiple neighbors.  Also, mentioning that the cops left "twice" is not normally something someone would bother to use in a lie.

Juicy80

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 11, 2015, 09:51:30 PM
Yes. Like was said before if this was really going on there would be several legitimate news stories about it.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Whacky Bob L on December 11, 2015, 09:44:10 PM
Art made the claim not me... he said it sounded like a .22
Honestly, hearing a .22 cal (esp a .223) in proximity would scare me more than a any other weapon.
Getting hit with one of those rounds is wicked. A hit to the arm and the damn thing will most likely travel through your body and rip your guts out. Art, having actually served (unlike One Neuron Noron) in the military would know this. No wonder it laid him low.

Art, THANKS for the memories, brother.
Many happy returns and MERRY CHRISTMAS, dammit!

DanTSX

Quote from: Lil Godzilla on December 11, 2015, 09:50:32 PM

Someone banned me for some reason

I think its because I mentioned hoagland.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Juicy80 on December 11, 2015, 09:54:20 PM
Yes. Like was said before if this was really going on there would be several legitimate news stories about it.

That's not true.  News stories only happen when people want to talk about it.  Usually people reach out to the news stations themselves (a witness, victim etc.)

There's no news stories told when no one wants to talk about it with the news reporters.  Simple as that.

albrecht

I think some people will find it hard to have a daily show, which I imagine is hard to do well. So I suggest rolling-hosts for this prime-time DMRN slot: Knapp, "Bateman", [Redacted], Howard Hughes, JBW, Streiber, LMH, Peter Davenport, (Sandman) Logan-5 for his astronomy forecasts, etc? Mix up hosts in addition to guests. Each host has their spin and preferred subjects? Why not?

Ciardelo

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 11, 2015, 09:51:30 PM
See? It's all very clear. lol

BettyO417

This whole situation is so effed up. Whack jobs will continue to stalk whether Art stays on the air or not. I think I would send my family to safety and lay in wait for the SOB and take this matter into my own hands. Don't know why Art wouldn't take some time off until this situation is straightened out rather than throwing his passion away and the thousands of loyal fans who have been so devoted. Thank you Keith for all your hard work. Hope this rush to judgment doesn't leave you in a mess. Hope you continue to make a mark with Dark Matter. Such an effing bummer. Thanks Jaz and Mudking for the show this evening.

Juicy80

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 11, 2015, 09:55:56 PM
That's not true.  News stories only happen when people want to talk about it.  Usually people reach out to the news stations themselves (a witness, victim etc.)

There's no news stories told when no one wants to talk about it with the news reporters.  Simple as that.
Were you by chance born at night last night

DanTSX

WHO FUCKING BANNED ME FROM DEEP TALK CHAT? >:(

henge0stone

I think its great that redacted is carrying on that way there will be a show for art to come back to once in a while

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 11, 2015, 09:55:59 PM
See? It's all very clear. lol

Hey Ciardelo!  Good to see you man.  What a fuck up this is eh?   :)

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Juicy80 on December 11, 2015, 09:58:05 PM
Were you by chance born at night last night

Are you by chance a fucking moron?

Hey moron, why don't you just contact the local news people in Pahrump and ask them?

Fucking moron.   ;D

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: albrecht on December 11, 2015, 09:38:45 PM
I think shotguns have a lower pitch and "slower" and echo than rifles but I agree if not listening for them, surprised, inside a studio, etc. If multiple shots in succession the rifle will be faster also even than those semi-auto 12 gauges.
Sorry but I  can pop off 5 rounds from a pump SG in the time it can take to empty a six shot revolver.
Any well maintained seni auto anything will fire as fast as you can squeeze the trigger. Many pistols have mechanism that if you know how, LE/MIL can squeeze that trigger in half the time without having to go the full distance. There are a million variables. Wind, humidity, direction of fire and on and on. But all they need are the shells or the rounds. Was anything found at the scene.

Anyone have info from anything other than what Art told us?  I never heard about this .22 shots etc?

WanagoBleu

Quote from: henge0stone on December 11, 2015, 09:58:47 PM
I think its great that redacted is carrying on that way there will be a show for art to come back to once in a while
right there with you n that.

Lil Godzilla

What I feel sorry for is the new affiliates who have scramble to re-program

Juicy80

Hes a fucking celebrity idiot. News people listen to police scanners idiot. JamesMcdonald had a farm EieiO. And on this farm theyre kinda slow EieiO. With a dumbass here and a dumbass there....