• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell cancels show for good

Started by Auslandia, December 11, 2015, 04:36:47 PM

Valiant Thor

Quote from: Juicy80 on December 11, 2015, 09:10:16 PM
Ask him. Stop being a whiny bitch and deal with reality

No, I asked you. Bitch!

Quote from: maren on December 11, 2015, 08:52:24 PM
I'd value maturity and insight over a few dollars, sooo...
And when you post something that contains insight and maturity I will be happy to read it.

Fuck this... He got so far this time around.

FallenSeraph

IS THIS A JOKE?

Some of us Bellgabbers who have been around for a while have been through this before. It's like hellish deja vu.

I don't even know what to think. I'm sorry if I'm a little bit of a skeptic about this situation, but I can't imagine why someone would want to terrorize Art and his family. (As much as we think GNS, I don't think he's the "hire a hit man" type.) But if this is the real reason, I wish Art could have found some other solution than quitting AGAIN. All that said, yes, life and safety are more important than a show. My thoughts are all over the place on this topic at the moment.

Now I'm waiting for Noory to come dancing around here in glee like he did the last time.

I have SO MANY EXPLETIVES right now, but I'll just stick with DAMN, THIS IS DISAPPOINTING. My Christmas is not feeling so merry suddenly.

Robert

Quote from: Coz on December 11, 2015, 08:32:12 PMFor what? Replays of Heather?

I know she's popular here. But she's no broadcaster.
Maybe this is the big break she's needed.  And without volunteering for a year behind the scenes as one would need to on WFMU.

Unfortunately it'll probably be more like that of Jason Jarvis, who produced for his mother Judy on the radio (New England-based network of mostly small stations -- where I 1st heard Michael Savage), then subbed for her when she got sick, then inherited the show's mike when she died of lung cancer.  He didn't last long because he really didn't bring anything; I sure didn't find his show interesting.

She won't be as bad as Noory turned out, because it's clear she's actually interested in the show.  And maybe Dark Matter will turn out to have struck gold with her.  I did like Ian Punnett as well as -- maybe even slightly better than -- Art Bell -- so it wouldn't be unprecedented.  But it's not the expected outcome of situations like this.

maren

Quote from: Mister Coincidence on December 11, 2015, 09:17:22 PM
And when you post something that contains insight and maturity I will be happy to read it.

Don't bother looking for such a post -- I'm not the one with maturity and insight (didn't claim I was) so no such post will be forthcoming from me.  Alas.

paranormalwx

Let's not forget that about a month or two ago, he was saying that he wasn't spending enough time with his family.

iBelieve

Some folks on a few Facebook fan groups have done some digging.... They apparently called Pharump PD to inquire and no such police reports exist, nor was a 9-1-1 call placed (public record laws can be obtained if a 9-1-1 call is made). A lot of people are doubting Art´s story. If it is true, as a parent of two kids, I agree, stop the show or at least hook up with the local authorities and fight back and put an end to this weirdo. However his story seems a bit sketchy and the more I think about it, the more questions I have. Why has the local Pharump news or news papers released anything about this, or say TMZ? Art is popular enough historically (perhaps not as popular in 2015) that any media outlet would have picked up on this story. Shots fired at your studio? Random man crouching below your studio then a .22 be fired toward your direction while entering the studio? Just seems out there.. somebody needs to expose the truth here, if Art is lying, which could be a simple cop out to get out of this gig.

Juicy80

Quote from: Valiant Thor on December 11, 2015, 09:15:48 PM
No, I asked you. Bitch!
Oh no my life is over art bell retired again waa waa waa. Is anybody really surprised. As soon as the second show was cancelled due to an "incident" I knew it was nearing the end. He was probably the one holding the gun.

Lil Godzilla

I'm being stationed in Korea next month and was so looking forward to listening to him during the day.
Honestly, I'm saddened, but can't blame him if it's true

paranormalwx

And I love Art Bell. He is the best overnight talk show host in history. But he seemed to have lost his balls over the last decade.

iBelieve

Also, everybody is pointing the finger at Snoory, which I doubt is the perp.

BUT.... can it possible be a disgruntled Leo Ashcraft LOL? I mean really, this guy lost his shit when he got canned.. perhaps he IS a nutjob and is terrorizing Art? :o

Lil Godzilla

I can't go back to c2c...I won't go back...

maren

Quote from: Whacky Bob L on December 11, 2015, 09:22:13 PM
Some folks on a few Facebook fan groups have done some digging.... They apparently called Pharump PD to inquire and no such police reports exist, nor was a 9-1-1 call placed (public record laws can be obtained if a 9-1-1 call is made). A lot of people are doubting Art´s story. If it is true, as a parent of two kids, I agree, stop the show or at least hook up with the local authorities and fight back and put an end to this weirdo. However his story seems a bit sketchy and the more I think about it, the more questions I have. Why has the local Pharump news or news papers released anything about this, or say TMZ? Art is popular enough historically (perhaps not as popular in 2015) that any media outlet would have picked up on this story. Shots fired at your studio? Random man crouching below your studio then a .22 be fired toward your direction while entering the studio? Just seems out there.. somebody needs to expose the truth here, if Art is lying, which could be a simple cop out to get out of this gig.

(I love whacky Bob L!)  I'm not sure I'd believe FB reports of people claiming to have phoned Pharump PD, etc.,   If I call, or if someone else calls while I'm in the room, I'd believe it.  I've been gobsmacked over the years at the claims that are made on the internet, believed and taken as proof, that turned out to be bogus.  Someone may really believe they are reporting the truth, but it may not be factual. 

Quote from: maren on December 11, 2015, 09:13:54 PM
In much the way a nine year old bully would.  I'm not taking out my anger on you -- not even sure I'm angry.  I just don't understand people who seem to experience such glee at seeing others lose something that means a lot to them, while crowing about how smart they were for not following that same path.   That doesn't sound like a loser to you?
Sounds like you just need to have serious journal writing time and a big ol' cry.  I'll be the loser, you'll be the pathetic fool crying over a cancelled radio show by a guy who didn't even know you existed.

Hautex

The only absolutely sure thing in this life that is guaranteed, is that it will all end. Sadly, it looks like this show and our decades long bro-mance with Art Bell and his incredible talent may be at hand. I need to say thank you from the bottom of my heart, Art. You have given insights, hope, and validation to so many, including me. I pray that you, and your great family, including your cats, stay safe, happy and content in what your life has done for millions of us. My family has been gone for many years now, and every day I wish I had spent more time in their arms. You are a great talent, and an honorable man....
                  Peace, you all are in my prayers, Ken

Quote from: Whacky Bob L on December 11, 2015, 09:22:13 PMShots fired at your studio? Random man crouching below your studio then a .22 be fired toward your direction while entering the studio?

How can you tell what type of gun is being fired at you? Do they make different types of sounds? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but the only real guns I have ever seen in real life are in cop's holsters. It never occurred to me that you could tell what's being shot at you, could you?

maren

Quote from: Mister Coincidence on December 11, 2015, 09:26:27 PM
Sounds like you just need to have serious journal writing time and a big ol' cry.  I'll be the loser, you'll be the pathetic fool crying over a cancelled radio show by a guy who didn't even know you existed.

Yeah.  I'm crying.  Busted.   ;D

HopHey

I don't think this was an excuse to cancel his show.  I mean he just announced a new radio affiliate last week.  I just wonder if cancelling the show is really the right thing to do though.  What if this person just wants him and/or his family dead and it has nothing to do with the show?  How long has this shooting been going on?  Like the last time I remember him talking about it was back in October so it's been a couple of months and now it's happening again?  This might not have anything to do with his show.

Gingerwatch

Feeling so upset. I can't believe this is happening again. I agree with so many of you posters here. So many of you are putting it into words better than I can. I've been a fan since the mid90s. I'm feeling a little like Art is letting all of us down.

Keykou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVOeUtVtcVA

If this guy(s) is crazy like Art thinks then why would going off the air stop what he's doing.

Art you live in the desert how hard is it to get this guy or guys on video?

At least with a video you would know if they are just teens doing their best to get into trouble like most teens do.

You know, dogs and cats can get along with a little effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9hAdAwZn6M

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: maren on December 11, 2015, 09:28:30 PM
Yeah.  I'm crying.  Busted.   ;D

Well, this Mister Coincidence guy definitely takes the cake as the largest douchebag I've encountered thus far here on BellGab.   :D

You handle him well, maren.  Clearly you have great skill at dealing with trolls!   8)

DanTSX

Quote from: Northcoaster on December 11, 2015, 05:03:27 PM
Don't do a show at your house. Problem solved.

Oh leave the women home alone then?

Fuck that.

Quote from: Whacky Bob L on December 11, 2015, 09:22:13 PM
Why has the local Pharump news or news papers released anything about this, or say TMZ? Art is popular enough historically (perhaps not as popular in 2015) that any media outlet would have picked up on this story. Shots fired at your studio? Random man crouching below your studio then a .22 be fired toward your direction while entering the studio? Just seems out there.. somebody needs to expose the truth here, if Art is lying, which could be a simple cop out to get out of this gig.

That's why I'm skeptical as well.  Art is BY FAR the most famous person in Pahrump.  An unidentified stalker firing shots at him in the middle of the night would be major news there.  It's not a secret, as he's reported on it over the air several times.  If anybody else out there believed it was happening, there would be a lot of news reports about it, and likely some mobilization of citizens/law enforcement to catch and stop the perpetrator.

Juicy80

Quote from: Lil Godzilla on December 11, 2015, 09:26:11 PM
I can't go back to c2c...I won't go back...
Exactly. Heather Wade cant be as bad as Noory so I will give her a chance.

With Christmas coming up nobody would have minded if Art took the next two weeks off. There's so much talent on this board in the way of podcasters that he could have quietly put some feelers out and arranged for a rotating cast of hosts for MITD in the meantime while he thought about whether to actually quit for good. The gunmen might have been caught too during that time. Announcing that he's quitting so suddenly and leaving the radio affiliates in the lurch just seems wrong.

Juicy80

Quote from: Virginia Gentleman on December 11, 2015, 09:30:43 PM
That's why I'm skeptical as well.  Art is BY FAR the most famous person in Pahrump.  An unidentified stalker firing shots at him in the middle of the night would be major news there.  It's not a secret, as he's reported on it over the air several times.  If anybody else out there believed it was happening, there would be a lot of news reports about it, and likely some mobilization of citizens/law enforcement to catch and stop the perpetrator.
We have a winner.