• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell cancels show for good

Started by Auslandia, December 11, 2015, 04:36:47 PM

Ciardelo

Quote from: Tapkaara on December 20, 2015, 10:20:06 PM
Airyn Bell, the Yoko Ono of paranormal radio.
At least Snoory stays the course. Do you think he's a knob gobbler? I can't figure why we never see Dave actually dating anybody.

Element 115

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 20, 2015, 10:21:48 PM
At least Snoory stays the course. Do you think he's a knob gobbler? I can't figure why we never see Dave actually dating anybody.

Snoory dates a shit ton. He gets free access to paranormaldate and conspiracydate sites.

Tapkaara

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 20, 2015, 10:23:40 PM
Snoory dates a shit ton. He gets free access to paranormaldate and conspiracydate sites.

Snoory sure treats his fans better.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 20, 2015, 10:23:40 PM
I think he's a butt pirate.

saab93driver

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 20, 2015, 09:46:45 PM
Ha. Somebody posted that video clip a few days ago when the clamor was getting loud from people (trolls mostly) who were demanding all sorts of "documentation. lol I imagine it is so much like this for poor Art.

The fanbase for both shows shares quirky similarities.  The weirdness of some over zealous fans might get to anyone after a while.  In any case I'm at peace with it all now and whatever direction Art takes - it's his life, not mine.  I've been a listener since the the very late 90's.  I'm not happy about the show situation but I'm not going to grieve or be angry over the wasted potential of MITD anymore.  Heather isn't an every day solution, it isn't personal, there is no replacement solution for this show but Art - that's just the way it is. With the upcoming election year it could have been fun to continue the ride with Art on air but it probably won't happen but if it did I'd still listen to him even after the most recent roller coaster ride but I'm not getting my hopes up. 

As an aside I drove back to Florida yesterday from North Carolina for about 11 hours. I did a combination of streaming old C2C shows - 1 of them close to 20 years old, and playing 2 later MITD shows from September and December.  There is more Art Bell out there in the archives than I could probably realistically listen to and even shows from the '90's are still engaging and entertaining for reasons that'd take too much space to really get into here, and most other on the forum probably wouldn't need an explanation anyway. 

Dr. MD MD

I heard that every year on his birthday Snoory pays to have a professional thug break his nose. I think that's kinda his idea of a date...which is why you don't hear much about it.  :P

norland2424

He sure as hell is on a double date here lol

Ciardelo

Quote from: saab93driver on December 20, 2015, 10:37:46 PM
The fanbase for both shows shares quirky similarities.  The weirdness of some over zealous fans might get to anyone after a while.  In any case I'm at peace with it all now and whatever direction Art takes - it's his life, not mine.  I've been a listener since the the very late 90's.  I'm not happy about the show situation but I'm not going to grieve or be angry over the wasted potential of MITD anymore.  Heather isn't an every day solution, it isn't personal, there is no replacement solution for this show but Art - that's just the way it is. With the upcoming election year it could have been fun to continue the ride with Art on air but it probably won't happen but if it did I'd still listen to him even after the most recent roller coaster ride but I'm not getting my hopes up. 

As an aside I drove back to Florida yesterday from North Carolina for about 11 hours. I did a combination of streaming old C2C shows - 1 of them close to 20 years old, and playing 2 later MITD shows from September and December.  There is more Art Bell out there in the archives than I could probably realistically listen to and even shows from the '90's are still engaging and entertaining for reasons that'd take too much space to really get into here, and most other on the forum probably wouldn't need an explanation anyway.
I think your opinion reflects most of us fans around here. At least I hope so. We are still getting a steady supply of new posters who are trying to reignite the dumpster fire. I'm probably going to slow down on the forums and just enjoy the show, life, etc. :)

zeebo

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 20, 2015, 11:03:33 PM
...I'm probably going to slow down on the forums and just enjoy the show, life, etc. :)

Sir you have stumbled into the quicksand of bellgab drama.  Escape is possible, but not guaranteed.

DanTSX

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 20, 2015, 11:03:33 PM
I think your opinion reflects most of us fans around here. At least I hope so. We are still getting a steady supply of new posters who are trying to reignite the dumpster fire. I'm probably going to slow down on the forums and just enjoy the show, life, etc. :)

I generally come in, hang out for four or five days with a lot of posting activity.  By then some weirdo gets under my skin enough that I detach for a month or so, well past the point where I can even remember who or what disgusted me.  It used to be typically tied to Nancy Birnes or Yorkshire Pud (who deservedly needs to be marked as an intelligent and somewhat witty irritant).  Both are totally avoidable so any pain in my part is typically self-inflicted.  But lately it has been unavoidable weirdos out in the general population.

AZZERAE

Do you think he's a knob gobbler?

With the way things are nowadays, what with this LBGT movement etc. I'm surprised you haven't been necklaced in the street.

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 20, 2015, 10:33:13 PM
I think he's a butt pirate.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DanTSX on December 21, 2015, 12:10:34 PM
I generally come in, hang out for four or five days with a lot of posting activity.  By then some weirdo gets under my skin enough that I detach for a month or so, well past the point where I can even remember who or what disgusted me.  It used to be typically tied to Nancy Birnes or Yorkshire Pud (who deservedly needs to be marked as an intelligent and somewhat witty irritant).  Both are totally avoidable so any pain in my part is typically self-inflicted.  But lately it has been unavoidable weirdos out in the general population.

I promise I will try not to irritate you again. My postings will be much less frequent-jeeze they need to be! Stuff as you say moves on; well you didn't, but it does. For the record, I hadn't heard of (until I read it on here), or have anything whatever to do with 4chan, or it's affiliates.
                                                 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey ho, and if I don't speak with you bunch of colonists beforehand, try and enjoy the Christmas, and don't drink or eat too much. Be good to each other, and remember, don't eat yellow snow (if you have any).

paladin1991

Quote from: DanTSX on December 21, 2015, 12:10:34 PM

Of late, it's been like moths to a flame around here

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 21, 2015, 01:23:48 PM

I promise I will try not to irritate you again. My postings will be much less frequent-jeeze they need to be! Stuff as you say moves on; well you didn't, but it does. For the record, I hadn't heard of (until I read it on here), or have anything whatever to do with 4chan, or it's affiliates.
                                                 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey ho, and if I don't speak with you bunch of colonists beforehand, try and enjoy the Christmas, and don't drink or eat too much. Be good to each other, and remember, don't eat yellow snow (if you have any).

You should be like my bowel movements.  No more than 3-4 times a day.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Azzerae on December 21, 2015, 12:21:34 PM
With the way things are nowadays, what with this LBGT movement etc. I'm surprised you haven't been necklaced in the street.
No no no. You must have a dirty mind. My Gram Gram used to always make us children a treat called "knobs" They were a kind of round puff pastry filled with cinnamon, apples, and love. We would gobble them up! As for the butte pirate, I thought maybe he played for the Butte Pirates in school--for shame on you! For shame! 

RoseGirl

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 21, 2015, 02:12:41 PM
No no no. You must have a dirty mind. My Gram Gram used to always make us children a treat called "knobs" They were a kind of round puff pastry filled with cinnamon, apples, and love. We would gobble them up! As for the butte pirate, I thought maybe he played for the Butte Pirates in school--for shame on you! For shame!

oh dear. Been hanging out in Bella-Haven too much, eh? Pastries and pleasantries...too much of either can vex the mind.

Ciardelo

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 21, 2015, 02:36:52 PM
oh dear. Been hanging out in Bella-Haven too much, eh? Pastries and pleasantries...too much of either can vex the mind.
Do you like knobs too???  ;D

AZZERAE

I hereby dub you The Backpedaler.

Just Me

Late 90s and I was late night listening to ArtBell when I dosed off and a huge explosion came from my computer just feet from my head. I woke and saw my lovingly cherished pentium 2, 283 ghz cpu with barely any ram smoking. I pulled the plug. ArtBell owes me for blowing up my computer with his strange stories and I bet that's why he quit cause he did it to others and they want compensation for his radio negligence he still practices to this day.

Edit to ad: the power supply exploded from ArtBells pushing to much power out his ass.

paladin1991

A self confessed knob gobbler!  LOL.  Sing me a showtune, buddy!

DanTSX

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 21, 2015, 01:23:48 PM

I kinda like you m8 8)

I just disagree with you often, which is fine with me.

Q-Pi

Quote from: Tapkaara on December 20, 2015, 10:20:06 PM
Airyn Bell, the Yoko Ono of paranormal radio.

Yoko Ono, whose husband was murdered by a crazy man outside their home when their son was five.  Appropriate.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Q-Pi on December 22, 2015, 02:09:23 PM
Yoko Ono, whose husband was murdered by a crazy man outside their home when their son was five.  Appropriate.

Huh...never seen that one before. Yoko actually looks kinda hot in it.  :P